Photo

Anyone get teased for liking Morning Musume?

• Please log in to reply
1474 replies to this topic

#1 zone_abunai

zone_abunai

• Kouhai
  • 264 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 05:52 AM

just wondering, but does anybody here have friends or people who make fun of you for liking morning musume? my guy friends laugh when i tell them i like watching the hello episodes, but they kind of understand cuz...well, the show has cute girls. my female friends say im wasting my time cuz theyre bunch of little girls...which i think is wrong cuz im same age as ai takahashi. plus they said none of the girls are even that pretty. but yeah, a lot of my female friends found it shocking for a guy like me watching morning musume episodes...i dont know why. they also said their music is horrible, but thats ok cuz im not into their music. a lot of people dont like morning musume in japan

#2 RoxasuEX

RoxasuEX

Became an AKB48 fan during his absence

• Senpai
  • 5072 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 05:57 AM

i don't get teased, my friends like teenage asian girls (as bad as that sounds) so once they see them, they like them instantly

FukumuraSig_zps01ca5087.jpg
(*^ ^*)

#3 rentaro

rentaro

The Devil You Know

• Senpai
  • 1236 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 05:57 AM

:XD: Try having to deal with Marines everyday. I usually catch hell from the new guys, but they all quit after I choke em out :blink:

#4 tetsuhighrose

tetsuhighrose

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 797 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 06:00 AM

My friends are weird,last time when I play morning musume video clips,they'll ask me "are those JAV stars? wow so cute!" hehe,i know their just kidding.Some others tease me because they think mm song are silly/childish but its ok as long as i enjoy listen mm song its not a problem. :blink:

#5 Mugen

Mugen

誰かが君を想ってる

• Senpai
  • 479 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 06:02 AM

well the first time i showed my friends H!M, they didnt believe me when I said Yuko Nakazawa was 32 years old. cuz they were like she looks so young ::blink::

and all of them think Michishige Sayumi is the cutest/hottest girl. (Thats because I only show them the maido arii part)

#6 Greyface

Greyface

Prior of The Brotherhood of The Booger Beam

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 06:03 AM

just wondering, but does anybody here have friends or people who make fun of you for liking morning musume?

No, nobody really teases me. But maybe that's because I'm old now... and teasing isn't really done so much. Now I just accept that some of the people who know what I'm talking about when I (if I were to...) say I like MoMusu will use it as an excuse to ignore me any time I talk about music. "Yeah, but you like that pack of girls! Half of them can barely sing!" "Do you actually like this other band you're suggesting, or do they just make you laugh with their TV antics?" (or whatever else they want to use). I guess that's a sort of teasing?

Edited by Greyface, 10 February 2006 - 06:04 AM.

What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

#7 momusufan

momusufan

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2898 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 06:07 AM

and all of them think Michishige Sayumi is the cutest/hottest girl. (Thats because I only show them the maido arii part)

there you go! I think thats a typical reaction they would get for seeing sayumi

*hey you guys, come to me, i'll show you lots of sayumi cuteness from the biggest sayumi fan!*

#8 Mugen

Mugen

誰かが君を想ってる

• Senpai
  • 479 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 06:10 AM

there you go! I think thats a typical reaction they would get for seeing sayumi

*hey you guys, come to me, i'll show you lots of sayumi cuteness from the biggest sayumi fan!*

hahaa! they prolly would think otherwise if i show them sayumi's neoki dokkiri ::blink::

#9 綺麗な氷

綺麗な氷

Druidist follower of the Goddess Kago

• Senpai
  • 3252 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 06:13 AM

I don't take crap from people so they don't give me crap.
Mo ghrá thú, a Ai Kago
New signature coming probably never! :D

#10 sLaVe4MM

sLaVe4MM

Thanks for The Memory, it's been more than beautiful.

• Senpai
  • 3502 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 06:20 AM

My brother used to tease me alot because there was a period of time where all I would talk about was Momusu... or all I would watch was momusu on the compputer. He practically thought I was a lesbian for doing that. But Im not, and I dont care what he saids, they fookin' rock. My friend who is my age makes fun of me... she swears Ill be "a Momo girl" when I grow up :rolleyes
But other than that, my best friend, boyfriend, and my sister love Morning Musume and other H!P related things.

Its really odd though... I was never so hyper, or so positive thinking until I got into the world of HaroPro. And I dont mind that change 1 bit

-sLaVe4MM

http://sweetkaramel....dex.php?act=idx

Pervy Thinkers Association >>LIFE ~ is just another story~2007/7/27<<>>Finally, I get to write again! Get yo KOREAN NEWS!<< CLICKIE ON THE PICIES! They take you to a new world :]

#11 zone_abunai

zone_abunai

• Kouhai
  • 264 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 06:25 AM

true...i dont take crap from anybody. but the kind of teasing from my friends isnt harsh or anything, its just for fun. everybody likes something weird, no one is normal

#12 Maz-san

Maz-san

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 69 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 06:38 AM

true...i dont take crap from anybody. but the kind of teasing from my friends isnt harsh or anything, its just for fun. everybody likes something weird, no one is normal

showed my best friend, who is usually quite a critical fellow it has to be said, but a great guy.. we are both 22.. he instantly fell in love with mari and has been a closet fan ever since :blink:
Posted Image

#13 MOGXIII

MOGXIII

Sleeping Member

• Senpai
  • 2197 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 07:38 AM

Hm.. maybe I've been so used to listening j-pop stuff since I was small & so were people around me. Sometimes, our local TV station would play c/j/k-dorama series. So I guess it depends on where you are, and how much exposure the people around you have received since their early years.

I still remember when I was around 9-10, they played a J-dorama of "Oshin" (if i'm not mistaken <-- lazybum i am.. :XD:)

Anyway, people here usually don't mind much, as long as it's not too embarassing and does not bring bad influence to the people here. Our country it quite small, the radio station occasionally plays some j-pop (and also k-pop & *duh* c-pop) such as Kiroro, Ayumi, Utada etc..

We have kids here & there imitating Naruto, people talking about last nite's korean drama.. and etc.

Anyway, I keep forgetting that you were a guy.. heheh.. (I don't think there's anything wrong with it, as long as you don't try to cosplay as the girls.. <.<" :c33:) and as for me, I don't think the music is that bad.. it's so fun.. and watching their lively dance.. it's soo much more funner.. :XD: :blink: :c33: ^^

..but yeah, a lot of my female friends found it shocking for a guy like me watching morning musume episodes...i dont know why. they also said their music is horrible, but thats ok cuz im not into their music. a lot of people dont like morning musume in japan

°-°Izu°-°

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE
リデュース 、 リユース 、 リサイクル
RI.DIU.SU,, RI.YU.SU,, RI.SA.I.KU.RU

p/s. AKB48 is Shmexy~ aRr~ >:] *ebil*

°-°Izu°-°

Amoz-senpai's Guide to Quoting/Editing
FORUM RULES & GUIDELINES
updated: August 2007

#14 Sev

Sev

Graduated member

• Validating
  • 3639 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 10:31 AM

I thought everyone who listened to MM got teased. No but seriously.. Most swedes cannot understand j-pop, they think it's strange (If it's not Tomas Ledin then it's strange). And boy do I get teased. XD My family teases me, saying it sucks and that noone could seriously listen to "that s**t", my co-workers teases me saying MM's a bunch of kids hoppin around yelling, my friends teases me aswell.. but I've got 2-3 of 'em to start listening to MM or other J-pop and they don't tease me anymore. Now I don't give a shit about what people say. And it's not like some stranger on the street teases me or anything.. It's people i know, so i just wrestle them down whenever they get to annoying (they hate when i take them down and hold them). And whenever they are over @ my place I force them so watch atleast 4 MM/H!P vids. That is my way of payback :blink:

#15 Demanding More makoto

Demanding More makoto

M-Line the true Morning Musume

• Senpai
  • 643 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 10:40 AM

I dont get teased for it infact most of my friends are getting infected with Hello Project bug.
W.H.O.A member
Demanding More Makoto mistress and head of Makoto branch
Everytime someone is mean about Makoto and Kei I love them a little bit more
I Demand More Makoto

#16 November

November

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 12:35 PM

I don't get teased yet but I've only been on the bandwagon for a few weeks now. I just showed my friend the episode from the 5th and he said it was "stupid sh!t". That's okay though, I don't know why I enjoy it so much, I know 1 reason is because I like Asian girls but perhaps because they're just amusing and it appears as if they enjoy doing what the do. Hell, if I was 12 and go paid to dress in skirts and.......Anyhow, I like the show and think it's good, so no matter what anyone says I'm going to continue on with my new hobby or listening to words I don't understand...reminds me of my 1st job at McDonald's 6 years ago *sigh*.

Nic
-ciao :blink:

#17 Amoz

Amoz

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 2054 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 01:58 PM

Well none of my (real life) friends listen to japanese music, so I get teased for liking japanese music in general, tho they have gotten used to me listening it already.

Internet killed common sense.

#18 jarkza

jarkza

~_~

• Senpai
  • 580 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 02:06 PM

We have this small book at school where people from my class can write stuff to other (we're graduating soon, it's for that). I read the book today, especially my part, and noticed that someone had wrote "Otaku!!! lol lol lol!" to me >_< There were some "Japan expert" things and such too...
That's pretty much all. There isn't really that much teasing for that kind of reasons at my school....

#19 Vodka

Vodka

Berryz Avengers! Assemble!

• Senpai
  • 2106 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 02:11 PM

All of my closest friends are into jpop and such. But at dorm, I think I don't get teased because when people come into my room and look at my wall of Momusu pictures, they also get a good view of my nunchucks which are hanging from a pipe on the ceilling nearby and my bo-staff which is leaned up against he same wall...on campus I'm known as "nunchuck girl"...

Edited by Vodka, 10 February 2006 - 02:12 PM.

#20 JDM_Wasabi

JDM_Wasabi

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 02:26 PM

None of my friends have a problem with watching cute japanese girls.. :c13:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users