Photo

Anyone get teased for liking Morning Musume?

• Please log in to reply
1474 replies to this topic

#1461 MejraThea

MejraThea

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1635 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

I wish people can just listen to one asian song, (gangnam style does not count!) and just like it! (not like force you to like it.)

Amen to that! Lol.

#1462 yuzuriha

yuzuriha

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 307 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:20 PM

My mom and dad make fun of me more than anyone else.

But seriously I don't give a shit.

<3 Kaorin •  Risako • Sakura • MaiMai • Kananan • Sayuki  <3

Risako TumblrSakura Tumblr Sayuki Tumblr

#1463 Taika

Taika

8th gen member

• Validating
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:45 AM

I've never been teased much, but I mostly keep my music mostly to myself. I did used to listen to it at work but the few who heard it mostly looked baffled. Although I'm proud of my tastes, I'm also very active in politics, and just have this feeling that people would take me far less seriously if they saw my hobbies. It's a real bummer! The only people who've heard my music are my brother and mom... brother doesn't get it, and mom said they all sound the same to her. Most music around here seems depressing or unpleasant to me... especially where I live, it is country music nonstop! (You know the old joke, play a country song backwards and the singer gets his wife, truck and dog back :P)

For me, there is no feeling of greater happiness than to blast the latest H!P or AKB concert that I've acquired. :D

It would be great to be able to share the same hobby and enthusiasm with others, especially a girlfriend or wife. Doesn't seem likely at this rate! :P I thought if I visited Japan someday, more could relate... but reading this thread makes me unsure. The vicissitudes of fads seem to apply there as well....

#1464 MejraThea

MejraThea

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1635 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:14 AM

^Taika's comment made me think, there's all these different dating sites, JapanCupid, and Every other country Cupid, BBWCupid, and all sorts of stuff. What we need, is a H!P Cupid.

#1465 Momomochi

Momomochi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1106 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:40 AM

I don't really get made fun of but more like people often questioning me saying "Who are those Asian girls you go on about?", "How do you understand can you speak Asian?" and other similar questions. To be honest it used to bother me a lot but now I just don't care what people think or don't let it bother me much. Because we all have different taste in music or just into other things. They may not understand nor ever grow to like it. Lastly, I will always love my music and not let anyone get in the way of that nuff said.

uxQTqcJ.png

<3 Favorite Idols: Yume Kudo Ruli Hiromoto  - Yume Aoyagi  <3

#1466 LiamMusume

LiamMusume

Mitsui Aika、Wada Ayaka、Iikubo Haruna

• Senpai
  • 2454 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:58 AM

^^ Make that site NOW! ^^;

^I agree with everything you just said. I also used to let it get to me when people said stuff now I don't take any notice and I just get on with loving H!P !!!

#1467 Novibunn

Novibunn

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 331 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:10 AM

Most of the people around the place I hang out at also listen/used to listen to either JPop or KPop, and my closer friends don't really mind me being a fan of them. One of my friends was actually the one who helped me get into H!P.

I don't think my parents really mind either. Sometimes if I'm watching a show, my mom asks what country they're from but that's it. However, when it comes to people that don't know me as well, I still prefer not listening to MM music out loud when they're around.

set by michirin ☆
2cem050.png
Hello! Project | AAA | EBiDAN | Da-iCE

#1468 kizoxe

kizoxe

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

I find it really funny my sister used to constantly tell me how I was so weird for listening to Japanese and Korean music and how it was all rubbish. Then Gangnam style became popular and it was all she listened to lol
But I don't really get teased much, the only people who really know what I listen to are my family and my boyfriend, none of them like the music but just accept it, and when people find out what kind of music I listen to they just tend to be really surprised

夏焼雅
Posted Image

#1469 Corrugo

Corrugo

Student of Life

• Senpai
  • 675 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

I mostly get made fun of by my other male friends for listening to 'kid music' or from female friends for listening to 'super happy music'. I've gotten quite a few of my friends to like some of the members (one friend likes Momo, one friend likes Chisato, one likes Konno) but not the obsessive degree that I sometimes do ^^;
Posted Image

#1470 hancunningham

hancunningham

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 597 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:06 PM

yeah got teased by family and friends but they warmed up to it =) (brainwashed them by playing hello project music at deafening sounds XD)

#1471 Youne

Youne

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1107 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:17 PM

I'm a closet fan of j-pop and I hate it...so I don't get teased by my friends, but my dad sometimes irritates me when he
whines about this kind of music being 'so irritating and just horrible'

#1472 MejraThea

MejraThea

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1635 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:28 PM

^^ Make that site NOW! ^^;

Actually looking into it now :3 How to start my own, muahaha.

#1473 buu

buu

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 115 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:32 PM

I used to a bit when I was at school. I can't remember which video it was, but once during an ICT lesson I was watching a H!P video, and someone sat behind me yelled I was a lesbian because I was watching Japanese girls  :huh: Various people at school said that to them it sounds like S Club 7, Steps etc, which I just don't see. On occasion my boyfriend has teased me a bit, but mostly says 'x looks stupid/retarded' and does an impression of them. Mostly now I just don't introduce it to anyone else and only mention the non-asian groups and singers I like when asked about my taste in music.

#1474 kevin Mexico

kevin Mexico

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 291 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:34 PM

My brother get use to it, cuz I've heard Hello! Project since I was 15, and now that I have 22, my brother doesnt care about my music anymore, he listen to metal and R&B (such as Sean Paul, and Rihanna),  but he seems to like some C-ute's songs, and recently the last 3 singles of Morning musume, HAHAHA, but he is more of 2NE1 stuff (K-pop R&B group).....

My dad, always stare at me like "... is that even music, those are kids just saying words that I can't even understand", and my friends call me  JAPANESE PEDO PANDA!!!! jajaja and then I go by that nickname... jajajaja XD 

I LOVE H!P and since I don't look weird or something like that, people got shocked when I tell them my tastes about music XD!!

Even my BF :/ he says that he will not going to let me travel to japan, cuz he thinks that I'm going to change him for  Zukki (KANON SUZUKI) jajajajaja.

#1475 EmCeePurpleMee

EmCeePurpleMee

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:17 AM

me, my parents are making fun of me of liking J-Pop, in general

But I wouldn't really mind :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users