• Please log in to reply
10240 replies to this topic

#1 Nessy

Nessy

Gaki taishou

• Senpai
  • 1909 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 02:08 AM

So who else is a fan of Morning Musume's supposed "rival group," AKB48?

I'm starting to fall for them lately. I really like their music...a lot. It's kinda punchy, occassionally surprisingly dark, uses some traditional japanese chords (notes? melodies? I'm not exactly hip to music talk) really well, and is consistantly super catchy. Occasionally formulaic, but always super solid. Rather marvelous lyrics at times. The girls are also pretty cute and they play up the "sexy but innocent" image a lot, (almost to a perverse extent, at times,) (which, for the record, of course I really appreciate,) and I'm definitely into really gigantic girl groups, but what really attracts me to them is how totally awesome their songs are. Of the singles so far I especially like Seifuku ga Jama wo Suru. (Which additionally has an absolutely beautiful and emotionally interesting promotional video.)

#2 gaijin_mmlove

gaijin_mmlove

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1461 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 02:28 AM

they play up the "sexy but innocent" image A LOT

I totally agree! I saw one of those segments on their Music Fighter:
http://www.veoh.com/...E...873&rank=11
I hope that's it....with the Beyonce( :sob: ) dance? Because Veoh's being kinda mean to me...
Do you know where I can find more of their videos (maybe subtitled?) I'm kinda new to the AKB48 scene.

#3 Nessy

Nessy

Gaki taishou

• Senpai
  • 1909 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 03:33 AM

Oh that's so cool, I hadn't seen that yet! Yeah, that's the Beyonce-dance one. <3 (Also, the dancing girl is the one I like! Minegishi Minami. <3 Sooo cute...)

& I'm not entirely sure...there's a decent amount of stuff of Veoh, (all of their single's PVs, at least, & a few performances and making ofs) but...I'm pretty new to the AKB48 scene myself. (AKB48's pretty new to the AKB48 scene, actually. :w00t: They've only been around for, what, a year so far?) So there'll probably be a lot more stuff floating around once they get more and more popular... (Which I hope they do, as long as they don't start actually surpassing M <3 musu. <3 )

#4 finch

finch

Addict

• Senpai
  • 996 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 04:25 AM

When I first saw them I thought Skirt, Hirari was a little too suggestive, even though it's good. But thinking about it again, I have 3 videos of Chu! Natsu Party and a spoof remake of it, and the Berryz Special Generation PV. I guess I have a double-standard to think about.

#5 Tony Oguri

Tony Oguri

Connoisseur of Fine Ladies

• Senpai
  • 2385 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 05:09 AM

The 3 concerts from the A-Team on the Starter Kit and the 1st Stage Normal Version are beyond compare.

I like AKB48 just as much as Morning Musume.

ym.jpg

World's greatest and #1 fan of Oguri Yui, Yahagi Moeka, and Chiba Erii.

#6 donkeykong80

donkeykong80

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 203 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 02:56 PM

Heck...I like them. I thought it was great that all their singles sounded different. They just released like...six live albums and a bunch of DVDs recently and that was a bit hard to keep up.
AKB48 doesn't sound as corny and childish as MM. Which is a good thing.

Their cheorographer is the same old ugly hag that teaches MM to dance if ya didn't know.
Posted Image

#7 Sev

Sev

Graduated member

• Validating
  • 3639 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 09:12 PM

There's no doubt. AKB48 owns. I love their live performances and finally today had time to go through the "starer" kid. And boy.. Haruna, she's so pretty it hurts. My favorites are in this order and doubtless: From Team A: Haruna and Mai and from Team K: Kobayashi.

Oh have anyone seen their new PV. I love it! The PV rocks and the song is great. Today, I honestly can say that AKB takes alot more of my time than MM. :good:

#8 gaijin_mmlove

gaijin_mmlove

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1461 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 09:14 PM

Heck...I like them. I thought it was great that all their singles sounded different. They just released like...six live albums and a bunch of DVDs recently and that was a bit hard to keep up.
AKB48 doesn't sound as corny and childish as MM. Which is a good thing.

Their cheorographer is the same old ugly hag that teaches MM to dance if ya didn't know.

Just because it's a different artist's thread doesn't mean we should bash the other artists. AKB48 are talented enough without having to put down another group. They have a different music style than MM, which is good. :good:
I love their music videos--they're so school girly. (.....that was kinda stupid of me to say, but that's the only word I can come up with) Maybe except for Keibetsu Shiteita Aijo....that was kinda sad.

#9 konstargirl

konstargirl

Been liking Touhou since 07 B******

• Senpai
  • 2615 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 10:33 PM

A friend of mine show them to me last year while we email each other. thats how I like them and got interestd in them because of her.
Posted Image

Halloween!!!

#10 Nessy

Nessy

Gaki taishou

• Senpai
  • 1909 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 12:04 AM

When I first saw them I thought Skirt, Hirari was a little too suggestive, even though it's good. But thinking about it again, I have 3 videos of Chu! Natsu Party and a spoof remake of it, and the Berryz Special Generation PV. I guess I have a double-standard to think about.

Offtopic, but...I've never been able to figure out what exactly is so controversial about Special Generation...every time someone mentions it as being racy or whatever I recheck it out and descend back into confusion. Anyone care to enlighten me?

</offtopic>

So for everyone who has more of their stuff--out of their recent let's-release-six-albums-on-the-same-day stint, which one would you recommend as THE best? I'm currently on a limited budget, but I'd really like to buy some of their stuff, because I'm definitely becoming quite a fan...

#11 finch

finch

Addict

• Senpai
  • 996 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 12:12 AM

Offtopic, but...I've never been able to figure out what exactly is so controversial about Special Generation...every time someone mentions it as being racy or whatever I recheck it out and descend back into confusion. Anyone care to enlighten me?

It's the sounds they make throughout the song, like they're faking an orgasm or something. Little girls shouldn't make those kinds of sounds.

#12 Nessy

Nessy

Gaki taishou

• Senpai
  • 1909 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 12:19 AM

They do it in Koi no Jubaku and Munasawagi Scarlet and probably a few others I can't think of off the top of my head, too, though...

#13 finch

finch

Addict

• Senpai
  • 996 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 12:39 AM

I first saw the Special Generation PV on youtube, and the first comment someone posted under the video was "BUKKAKE!!!" :good:

#14 gaijin_mmlove

gaijin_mmlove

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1461 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 01:25 AM

Oh my Lord....has anyone read this?
http://www.kiwi-musu...jamawosuru.html
Nessy, you were so right about the sexiness thing but I think it's way more blatant than I ever imagined.....maybe it's just this article I read. (I really like that song, though.)
http://www.cultofpop...t/?p=13#more-13

#15 natasha

natasha

5th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 180 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 01:32 AM

I like them (bought their single Aitakatta). :D

But it's not the same as Morning Musume. I still don't understand the thing with Team A - K and why they're only 20 and not 48. It's some more difficult to overview than in H!P. And they're not as cute as the girls in H!P; i just can't help myself. They make very good music but i cannot see them as idols as i see the girls in H!P. Maybe this will change someday, let's be sursprised. Someone knows about their rules compared to H!P (smoking, drinking, boyfriend)?

Maybe someone could update the 1st post with release info, etc.? :good:

#16 finch

finch

Addict

• Senpai
  • 996 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 01:48 AM

My school uniform’s getting in the way
I want to love more freely
Take off my uniform
I want to play around more naughtily
You can do whatever you like
I want to experience adult pleasure

:good: I must not be in AKB48's target audience. The first review I saw called them "pedo-bait", and I think I agree. I hope MM stops competing with them.

#17 Tony Oguri

Tony Oguri

Connoisseur of Fine Ladies

• Senpai
  • 2385 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 02:44 AM

My school uniform’s getting in the way
I want to love more freely
Take off my uniform
I want to play around more naughtily
You can do whatever you like
I want to experience adult pleasure

:good: I must not be in AKB48's target audience. The first review I saw called them "pedo-bait", and I think I agree. I hope MM stops competing with them.

LOL at the lyrics. We sit around and watch MM and AKB48 a little each night. My wife, who is Japanese, likes that song a lot. She likes AKB48 more than MM and she's a big MM fan. Being as old as we are we can step back and look at it.... I like MM and AKB48 because the girls are the same age as when an interest in girls began. Some of the older ones are even older now than when we first met. Probably my wife likes MM and AKB48 because it brings back the same memories and feelings she had as a teenager and young adult. It's more than just pretty cool.

Check out the AKB48 audience sometimes. A lot of those guys are there for exactly the same reason. To bring back memories of long ago. That rollercoaster feeling is difficult (if not impossible) to recapture after you've "grown up". The girls and producers of MM and AKB48 are providing a cool and valuable service.

ym.jpg

World's greatest and #1 fan of Oguri Yui, Yahagi Moeka, and Chiba Erii.

#18 gaijin_mmlove

gaijin_mmlove

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1461 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 03:31 AM

About the namesake, AKB stands for Akihabara which is a place in Japan well-known for the otaku/wota crowd as illustrated in a movie I believe is called "Train Man." (akihabara) The girls even perform shows there everyday on the 8th floor of Don Quixote
I believe that's their targeted audience and I doubt they're there for the purest of reasons :D
And for any of you that didn't read that article, I suggest you still check out and download the video here: Seifuku ga Jama wo Suru
The last two videos I saw by AKB48 were pretty gritty--they get right down to the horrors of teenagers lives and high school and what not so I suppose high school girls are a target as well and plenty of them go to the daily shows, unfortunately the sales numbers don't show that :wub: I wish MM had more videos with plot lines (yet with the same upbeat happiness because, if none of you have noticed, I'm a pretty upbeat person :wub: )

Edit: (while I'm here....)

Baragumi and Yurigumi

On November 4th, 2006, it was announced that the members of Akihabara48 would be rearranged into two groups: Baragumi ('rose group') and Yurigumi ('lily group'). No more official announcements have been made on this matter since then, though it was announced that there are plans to put this change into motion some time during 2007.

quoted from the good 'ol wiki. :good:

#19 finch

finch

Addict

• Senpai
  • 996 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 03:35 AM

@eye2
Your member #, 39333, just caught my attention. First for having lots of 3's. And second because 39+3+3+3=48.

#20 gaijin_mmlove

gaijin_mmlove

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1461 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 03:49 AM

@eye2
Your member #, 39333, just caught my attention. First for having lots of 3's. And second because 39+3+3+3=48.

How cool~!
OMG. I just keep getting shocked....more suggestiveness
oh wow.....
Those aren't from their photobooks, but I'm pretty sure they're real...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users