• Please log in to reply
547 replies to this topic

#41 SteveDoubleU

SteveDoubleU

Custom member title

• Senpai
  • 741 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 03:42 AM

Percent sure on going: 30% (i already have $3000+ saved, but if my friends can't save up in time, i'd like to go anyway!)
Places I'd like to go: anywhere that involves drinking/onsens/shopping ...and maybe a soccer or baseball game
Hotel I'd like to stay at: (Keio or alternative): Keio
Members I'd like to be grouped with: (if any): i dunno anyone!
H!P concerts I'd like to attend: (Berryz, MM, H!P, C-ute, etc..): MM or GAM

I just remembered I have a cousin that lives in Tokyo so I think I'm gonna stay with them. so free housing and food for me

how many sleepingbags can fit in his home?

Posted Image

JunJun is God.

#42 Yossie'sMoonlight

Yossie'sMoonlight

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 262 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 03:57 AM

OMG! you guys are going to Japan? I don't wanna go until I'm done with college. Strike that. I wanna go before college

#43 LvB

LvB

ガッキー fanboy

• Senpai
  • 1702 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 04:04 AM

If anyone has any questions/comments/suggestions/concerts please don't hesitate to PM me, or message me if you have MSN/AIM (check profile). I'm going to try and update things as soon as I can, but I'm really happy that so many people are interesting in going. ^^; Remember, I love feedbacks. XD

Posted Image

#44 Yossie'sMoonlight

Yossie'sMoonlight

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 262 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 06:10 AM

I don't think any recent recent concerts are coming out but i'll check for you. How long are you staying anyway?

#45 limchuast

limchuast

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 10:56 AM

Percent sure on going: 30% (i already have $3000+ saved, but if my friends can't save up in time, i'd like to go anyway!)
Places I'd like to go: anywhere that involves drinking/onsens/shopping ...and maybe a soccer or baseball game
Hotel I'd like to stay at: (Keio or alternative): Keio
Members I'd like to be grouped with: (if any): i dunno anyone!
H!P concerts I'd like to attend: (Berryz, MM, H!P, C-ute, etc..): MM or GAM

I just remembered I have a cousin that lives in Tokyo so I think I'm gonna stay with them. so free housing and food for me

how many sleepingbags can fit in his home?

May I reserve one place for my sleeping bag too? hhhaa

#46 °Chrisron

°Chrisron

岡井千聖のオタク

• Senpai
  • 3449 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 10:39 PM

Percent sure on going: 50% (Have money and time, but who knows two years from now. I am planning to buy myself an apartment next year. If i do then I can't afford to go, but if I decide to rent for a couple more years then I will go.)
Places I'd like to go: Everywhere.
Hotel I'd like to stay at: Keio sounds OK
Members I'd like to be grouped with: Takahashi Ai... Oh, did you mean from the forum? Don't really care.
H!P concerts I'd like to attend: MM, H!P, C-ute,Melon Kinenbi, Nakazawa Yuko, Maeda Yuki

#47 saberdoll

saberdoll

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 108 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 11:29 PM

Percent sure on going: 40% (just went there 4 months ago, but wanna go again XD)
Places I'd like to go: anywhere is fine, but would like to go sightseeing in osaka since i only spent 1 day there. fuji-q high land?
Hotel I'd like to stay at: i would have to second K's House. stayed there before and will stay there again.
Members I'd like to be grouped with: anybody, since i don't really know anyone here...probably those who are in their 20s or older
H!P concerts I'd like to attend: MM i guess, but i would really love to watch a Gatas game (or anything with Yossie in it).

i think i spent ~$4000 aussie dollars for 2 weeks in japan last time. depends on the timing of this trip (i.e. the month and dates) i will probably go. if i don't go to the philippines next year, i should have enough saved up and paid off my credit card by 2009. lol

in terms of backpacker's hostel, i've stayed in K's House both in Kyoto and Tokyo, and they were great. The one in Tokyo is very convenient for public transport and 7-eleven just behind. (since going to japan when i think 7-eleven i think canned chu-hi :good: )

#48 SteveDoubleU

SteveDoubleU

Custom member title

• Senpai
  • 741 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 06:09 AM

How early do we have to buy tickets to be around that $1400 b/c when i checked airfares for a summer trip around March/April, the fares were like $1600...

...is this taking place in the summer?

Posted Image

JunJun is God.

#49 LvB

LvB

ガッキー fanboy

• Senpai
  • 1702 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 06:52 AM

Yes, this is expected to take place during the time of July to August.

You should buy the tickets around 6-12 months before the actual trip. I'll post up when the deadlines are for everything once we figure them out.

Posted Image

#50 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 06:13 PM

Sooner the better really. The main factor is some hotel and plane tickets can only be ordered so far in advance but the earlier the better really. Any question please don't hesitate to ask or even pm me if you prefer. Even add me to MSN if you like.

#51 koolau

koolau

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 59 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 03:51 AM

What I am wondering is will the organizers be acting as an agent where we cut a check to you and then you guys book the hotel and purchase the concert tickets? What about prepayments for group outings?

I expect the airfare would be our responsibility since our starting point is all different.

Food, side trips, and other incidentals would also be our responsibility I assume. If you have ever been on a cruise, I like the idea of planned excursions where we could reserve a spot if we wanted to go also. This gives flexibility in addition to creating opportunities for group events.

I wouldn't mind going out to dinner with the group, travel to some Hello Morning places like that Curry Museum.

Also, if we are going to be providing money to the organizers for hotel and tickets at the least, what level of transparency can we expect? Are you folks going to be showing the collection totals and breakdown per person? Are we going to be receiving the tickets before arriving in Japan? I don't know if I am writing this clearly enough but I hope you understand what my ideas are. Thanks.

#52 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 05:52 AM

The level of breakdown that would be given would be 100% accurate. As for tickets that is down to the individual. If they want them before they go they would be sent to them, otherwise they would be given when we arrive.

#53 koolau

koolau

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 59 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 08:26 AM

What about hotel booking? I am thinking that since the hotel will be quite expensive, the best money saving plan would be to share rooms.

For instance, a double room will hold two individuals or whatever is allowed. Thus how will booking be arranged? Payment and occupancy should also be worked out early so we can have an idea and maybe contribute suggestions.

I think the success of this project will hinge on the thoroughness and attention to detail. People will be more willing to actually follow through if the trip is really well described and documented.

Thanks for the effort you folks are putting in, I know I wouldn't be thinking about a H!P trip if it weren't for you. It is a good thing that discussion is occurring very early with a large lead time.

#54 ZetaCron

ZetaCron

You don't need a reason to help people.

• Senpai
  • 1631 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 03:32 PM

Members I'd like to be grouped with: Takahashi Ai... Oh, did you mean from the forum? Don't really care.

Dang it, I was gonna make a similar joke, but you beat me to it! :P ('cept I woulda said "Yossi, Gaki-san..."

Anyway, getting to the point;

Percent sure on going: 13.7~37.2% - I'll be in my second year of study at that point, so it's a combination of if my studies + finances will allow - Luckily for me, I'm a good saver! XD And as it's Japanese that I'll be studying, it'd be a great chance for me to get in some practice! B)

Places I'd like to go: I don't care, because it's Japan, but it'd be nice to go to Sendai and visit Izumi - By then her child will be about 18mnths old XD (Oh, and everyone remember to get your Japanese rail passes BEFORE leaving your respective Countries) :wub: *Edit - I'd also like go somewhere where I can find out more about the history of the Tokugawa(sp?) shogunate - Edit*

Hotel I'd like to stay at
: Don't care - Keio's fine. I wonder if my mum would let me use a week of timeshare? Speaking of which, how long is this trip going to be, and when are the projected "From" and "To" dates?

Members I'd like to be grouped with: Dun really care. - Everything will be awesome coz it's going to be in Japan! XD

H!P concerts I'd like to attend: Uuuhhhh.... Truthfully!? I hate concerts! ^^; ^^; Buuut... I MIGHT make an exception if Yossie was involved <3

Oh, and how many of the people who're going on this trip can speak Japanese?

Maybe another category should be Can speak Japanese: yes/no, or maybe a JLPT self assesment.
e.g: Japanese Language Proficency Level: "X," where X is the self-assessed number, or something... I dunno... just a thought. Maybe just a 1~10, where 1 is "knows limited Japanese", and 10 is basically fluent, so at this point I'd put myself at about 2 or 3, but now I'm just rambling. (I get like this when it's late)

#55 Sin86

Sin86

Soon to be ruler of all

• Senpai
  • 641 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 04:06 PM

well...only thing stopin is if i have enough money, so percent sure to go is 95%(this 5% also includes such things as(but not limited to)unfortunet events,death,natural disasters, end of world tec.)

places i would like to visit? Kyoto for sure, Osaka castle would be nice... and ofcourse The Elecric city(akihabara)

place to stay? everyting goes.

who to group with? anyone i guess...hopefully some ppl at their 20

and any consert is ok...but Yuko would be greatest :wub:
facebook users...... find me!!! :)

#56 CaptainNono

CaptainNono

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 72 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 05:30 PM

Man I wish I could go. I'll fill out one anyway LOL

Percent sure on going: 10% (I'm young and in 2009 I'll either be in 9th or 10th grade. But maybe if I save up a lot of money I'll be able to go so maybe)
Places I'd like to go: Hm, well we'll be in Tokyo so I'm good with Tokyo lol
Hotel I'd like to stay at: (Keio or alternative): Alternative. But Keio is okay too. As long as I don't be in a single room.
Members I'd like to be grouped with: (if any): Anyone
H!P concerts I'd like to attend: H!P. Or if Nozomi comes back by 2009 I'd like to go to any concert with her in it.
Posted Image

#57 LvB

LvB

ガッキー fanboy

• Senpai
  • 1702 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 07:52 PM

What about hotel booking? I am thinking that since the hotel will be quite expensive, the best money saving plan would be to share rooms.

For instance, a double room will hold two individuals or whatever is allowed. Thus how will booking be arranged? Payment and occupancy should also be worked out early so we can have an idea and maybe contribute suggestions.

I think the success of this project will hinge on the thoroughness and attention to detail. People will be more willing to actually follow through if the trip is really well described and documented.

Thanks for the effort you folks are putting in, I know I wouldn't be thinking about a H!P trip if it weren't for you. It is a good thing that discussion is occurring very early with a large lead time.

Concerning the booking of the rooms. We will have a cut-off date for going on this trip, and after we reach that deadline we will look over who's coming and pair up people according to who they'd like to be paired with.

Details will become more readily available in the near future. We still have 22 more months, everything will be fully planned way before that. Right now, I'm kind of dying from SAT classes so I don't have as much free time as I did during summer but the classes end in Dec. so things should pick up by then.

XD You're welcome. I'm looking to try and host a Q&A session on MSN sometime soon where everyone interested can ask questions abot stuff they're not sure of.

Posted Image

#58 ZetaCron

ZetaCron

You don't need a reason to help people.

• Senpai
  • 1631 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 09:29 AM

I'm looking to try and host a Q&A session on MSN sometime soon where everyone interested can ask questions abot stuff they're not sure of.

That's a great idea, but can you be sure to get a transcript of the conversation for those of us who may miss it? :unsure:

#59 LvB

LvB

ガッキー fanboy

• Senpai
  • 1702 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 10:06 PM

Of course. :)

For those who have MSN messenger or who can get MSN messenger, do you have time this Sunday for a Q&A session?

Posted Image

#60 toxic025

toxic025

Haterz!Online

• Senpai
  • 8026 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 11:52 PM

for this trip are we just gonna go to tokyo or go where theres a H!P show available? because I for one would like to go around Japan and see the sights

racequeen.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users