3672 replies to this topic

#1 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 01:32 PM

k1nC1PO.png

Sakura Gakuin (さくら学院) are an idol group under the Amuse agency whose music and activities are based on the Japanese school system. Just like in Japanese schools, the members of Sakura Gakuin wear a special uniform. The Japanese school year ends at the end of March, and this is when Sakura Gakuin release their albums. Singles are released at various times throughout the year. Also just like Japanese schools, Sakura Gakuin have “school clubs” with a variety of themes. When a member of Sakura Gakuin graduates from ninth grade in real life, she also graduates from the group.

On September 1st 2020 it was announced that the group will end all activities on August 31st 2021.

History:

Sakura Gakuin was formed in April 2010 with eight members, with Muto Ayami as the Student Council President (i.e., the leader).

Mizuno Yui and Kikuchi Moa joined in July 2010, completing the lineup which debuted at TOKYO IDOL FESTIVAL 2010 (August 7 and 8, 2010).

In July 2011, Taguchi Hana and Isono Rinon joined giving Sakura Gakuin twelve members.

At the end of the Japanese school year in March 2012, the three eldest members, Muto Ayami, Miyoshi Ayaka and Matsui Airi, graduated.

In May 2012, Notsu Yunano, Sugimoto Mariri, and Ooga Saki transferred in, making the lineup twelve members again, and Nakamoto Suzuka became the new Student Council President.

At the end of March 2013, Nakamoto Suzuka graduated, as expected, but Sugimoto Mariri also graduated in order to focus on her modeling career.

In May 2013, Shirai Saki and Yamaide Aiko transferred in, and Horiuchi Marina became the third Student Council President.

At the end of March 2014 Horiuchi Marina, Iida Raura, Sugisaki Nene and Sato Hinata graduated.

In May 2014 Kurashima Sara and Okada Megumi transferred in, and Kikuchi Moa became the fourth Student Council President.

At the end of March 2015 Kikuchi Moa, Mizuno Yui, Taguchi Hana, and Notsu Yunano graduated.

In May 2015 Kurosawa Mirena, Okazaki Momoko, Asou Maaya, Hidaka Marin, Fujihira Kano, and Yoshida Soyoka transferred in, and Isono Rinon became the fifth Student Council President.

At the end of March 2016 Isono Rinon, Shirai Saki and Ooga Saki graduated.

In May 2016 Shintani Yuzumi, Aritomo Tsugumi and Mori Momoe transferred in, and Kurashima Sara became the sixth Student Council President.

At the end of March 2017 Kurashima Sara and Kurosawa Mirena graduated.

In May 2017 Tanaka Miku and Yagi Miki transferred in, and Yamaide Aiko became the seventh Student Council President.

At the end of March 2018 Yamaide Aiko, Okada Megumi and Okazaki Momoko graduated.

In May 2018 Shiratori Sana, Nonaka Kokona and Nozaki Yume transferred in, and Shintani Yuzumi became the 8th Student Council President.

At the end of March 2019 Shintani Yuzumi, Hidaka Marin and Asou Maaya graduated.

In May 2019 Sato Neo, Todaka Miko and Kimura Sakia transferred in, and Fujihira Kano became the 9th Student Council President.

At the end of August 2020 Fujihira Kano, Yoshida Soyoka, Aritomo Tsugumi and Mori Momoe graduated.

With the mark of the 10th anniversary, in September 2020 the last year of activities for Sakura Gakuin has started. There are no new girls transferred in.

The following council positions were announced on September 14th during their weekly live show:

Miku - 2nd Spirit Chairperson
Neo - 4th Education Chairperson
Miko - 3rd Performance Chairperson
Yume - 1st PR Chairperson
Sakia - 1st Reckless Chairperson
Sana  - 7th Talk Chairperson
Miki - 3rd Student Council Vice-President
Kokona - 10th Student Council President

The group will end all activities August 31st 2021.

Previous lineups: 

Spoiler

Current Members:

Tanaka Miku (田中 美空) - born on June 18th, 2006

Yagi Miki (八木 美樹) - born on December 11th, 2006

Sana Shiratori (白鳥 沙南) - born on June 20th, 2005

Kokona Nonaka (野中 ここな) - born on January 28th, 2006

Yume Nozaki (野崎 結愛) - born on November 15th, 2007 Yume's Instagram Account (shared with her sister Jyuna)

Neo Sato (佐藤 愛桜) - born on June 18th, 2006

Miko Todaka (戸高 美湖) - born on August 14th, 2006 Miko's Twitter (probably going to get deleted soon)

Sakia Kimura (木村 咲愛) - born on February 20th, 2009 

Graduated Members:

Muto Ayami (武藤彩未) - born on April 29, 1996 Ayami's Twitter
Miyoshi Ayaka (三吉彩花) - born on June 18, 1996 Ayaka's Blog | Ayaka's Instagram
Matsui Airi(松井愛莉) - born on December 26, 1996 Airi's Blog | Airi's Twitter
Nakamoto Suzuka (中元すず香) - born December 20, 1997
Sugimoto Mariri (杉本愛莉鈴) - born on August 4, 2000 Mariri's Twitter
Iida Raura (飯田來麗) - born on April 9, 1998 Raura's Twitter | Raura's Instagram | Raura's new Instagram because she forgot her old login data
Horiuchi Marina(堀内まり菜) - born on April 29, 1998 Marina's Twitter
Sugisaki Nene (杉崎寧々) - born on May 8, 1998
Sato Hinata (佐藤日向) - born on December 23, 1998 Hinata's Twitter
Mizuno Yui (水野由結) - born on June 20, 1999
Kikuchi Moa (菊地最愛) - born on July 4, 1999
Taguchi Hana (田口華) - born on March 4, 2000 Hana's Twitter
Notsu Yunano (野津友那乃) - born on December 14, 1999 (changed her name to Honjo Yunano (本条 友奈埜) on May 25th 2015) Yunano's Instagram (now deleted)

Isono Rinon (磯野莉音) - born on November 16, 2000
Ooga Saki (大賀咲希) - born on April 11, 2000 Saki's Twitter
Shirai Saki (白井沙樹) - born on September 28, 2000

Kurashima Sara (倉島颯良) - born on February 24, 2002

Kurosawa Mirena (黒澤美澪奈) - born on May 22, 2001 Mirena's Twitter

Yamaide Aiko (山出愛子) - born on December 1, 2002 Aiko's Twitter | Aiko's Instagram

Okada Megumi (岡田愛) - born on April 4, 2002 Megumi's Twitter

Okazaki Momoko (岡崎百々子) - born on March 3, 2003

Asou Maaya (麻生真彩) - born on November 4, 2003
Hidaka Marin (日髙麻鈴) - born on December 1, 2003 Marin's Twitter

Shintani Yuzumi (新谷 ゆづみ) - born on July 20th, 2003 Yuzumi's Instagram

Fujihira Kano (藤平華乃) - born on August 28, 2004 @onefive Twitter | @onefive Instagram
Yoshida Soyoka (吉田爽葉香) - born on June 14, 2004 @onefive Twitter | @onefive Instagram

Aritomo Tsugumi (有友 緒心) - born on September 7th, 2004 @onefive Twitter | @onefive Instagram

Mori Momoe (森 萌々穂) - born on December 8th, 2004 @onefive Twitter | @onefive Instagram

Subunits:
Twinkestars (the Baton Club)
SCOOPERS (the Newspaper Club)
BABYMETAL (the Heavy Music Club)
Minipati (the Cooking Club)
Sleepiece (the Go Home Club)
Pastel Wind (the Tennis Club)
Kagaku Kyuumei Kikou LOGICA? (the Science Club)
Koubaibu (Purchasing Club)
Pro Wrestling Circle (Wrestling Club)

Trico Dolls (Art Performance Unit)

Official Website
Official Blog
Official Nico Nico Douga Channel
Official Twitter

Official Fresh Live

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#2 Ebii

Ebii

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 736 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 02:55 PM

I was watching the festival too and this group is great, I like it a lot. But since is really new we don't have nothing to talk about XD. But is interesting to know that 2 of this girls were from another group, I didn't know that. And I remember they were to release their single but I don't know if they do it yet.

I like Airi!! When I saw her in the festival she remaind me Kumai-chan a little, is really cute. I was surprised when I kwnew that she is a model...

Too bad that the video doesn't work :(
(・∀・)ノ☆

#3 Hikazumi

Hikazumi

Wooyoung <3

• Senpai
  • 4074 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 05:00 PM

Ayami and Suzuka were ex-karen girls

From what I remember, they're using a "student council system", so Ayami instead of being the leader is the "president" ^^;

Suzuka along other girls perf Renai Rider!! :P (she's the one with the light blue scarf)

here a good blog for people who want to know more about this girls: http://sushipafu.blogspot.com/

#4 I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3739 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 06:49 PM

@Ebii: I didn't even bother to play the video to see if the link worked. Sorry! :P By the way, Sakura Gakuin means "Cherry Blossom Academy". I got most of my info from Jpop Stop. http://wiki.jpopstop...i/Sakura_Gakuin

@Hikazumi: I just watched both videos. In the second one, by Amulet I think, I noticed Suzuka's shoulder. Do I ask? :P

Edited by Cardcaptor_Jim, 27 November 2010 - 08:15 PM.

"Sakura Gakuin 2010 ~message~" is the greatest album released in the 21st Century! Get your copy today and find out why!

Proudly supporting lots of idols... Sakura Gakuin ~ Caramel ☆ Ribbon ~ Aither ~ Prizmmy☆ ~ NA-NA ~ Himekko 5 ~ Candy Kiss ~ Sakuran Bom Bom ~ Onigokko 

The Most Rebellious Japanese Idol Blog: This Is Your Wake Up Call!  /  Young Idol Singers (Facebook) / Sensational Idols (Website)  

#5 I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3739 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 10:17 PM

Here's a YouTube link to their TOKYO IDOL FESTIVAL performance which isn't blocked.
I'm not sure why I was able to watch the video I posted in my first post, and then it got suddenly blocked. That was quick! :lol:

Edit: This video no longer works! Someone's working against me by removing these videos.... :GGRR:

Edited by Cardcaptor_Jim, 19 December 2010 - 10:54 PM.

"Sakura Gakuin 2010 ~message~" is the greatest album released in the 21st Century! Get your copy today and find out why!

Proudly supporting lots of idols... Sakura Gakuin ~ Caramel ☆ Ribbon ~ Aither ~ Prizmmy☆ ~ NA-NA ~ Himekko 5 ~ Candy Kiss ~ Sakuran Bom Bom ~ Onigokko 

The Most Rebellious Japanese Idol Blog: This Is Your Wake Up Call!  /  Young Idol Singers (Facebook) / Sensational Idols (Website)  

#6 shura-kun

shura-kun

Afilia Knight

• Senpai
  • 2661 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 12:37 AM

fer the blog they post scans of hand written stuff instead of actually typing, i found that very smart since is something different and also very cute because there is no way they are going to post a plain letter without adding the cute stuff like chibis and even stickers XD

also whoa they are almost at the same age but two of them are like towers compared to the rest...

ps: saw the renai rider video and wonder if h!p owns anything from that

#7 Ebii

Ebii

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 736 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:33 PM

I found that very smart too, is a good way to keep in touch with their fans and also show them their cuteness.

@Cardcaptor, don't worry! You are doing a great job, I didn't know anything of this XD! I like the style of the group, I think is interesting this thing of the academy council and the previews are good too, thanks for the links :good:
(・∀・)ノ☆

#8 Stellosphere

Stellosphere

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 688 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 09:50 AM

I loved the song "Yume ni Mukatte" during the TIF2010 too! ^_^
The little members of Sakura Gakuin are soooo cute!
I don't know if I can learn their names, they are too many but I'll try with the time! ^^;

____

You can watch the PV here, just copy past the links because they block the video if it's online :

Hello! IVY
youtube.com/watch?v=q5oZRwdlJ0w

Yume ni Mukatte
youtube.com/watch?v=inJpAfotub4

Posted Image

Major Debut CD
Yume ni Mukatte / Hello! IVY

Tracklist :
1. Yume ni Mukatte (夢に向かって)
2. Hello! IVY
3. School days
4. Yume ni Mukatte (Instrumental)
5. Hello! IVY (Instrumental)
6. School days (Instrumental)

You can buy it here on CDJapan : http://www.cdjapan.c...?KEY=TFCC-89321

#9 lala

lala

♥ Voted KY greatest fan 2011 ♥

• Senpai
  • 4428 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 01:01 PM

No way!!! Aya and suzu from karen girls :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:
I've always wondered what happened to them after Zettai Karen Anime finished =/

I'm so happy to see Aya and Suzu again <3

They even performed lived in front of everyone at Animelo 08

Posted Image

♥ Voted as KY greatest fan 2011 ♥ Thank you for voting for me everyone ♥

♥ My KY fanblog ♥

♥ JunJun . KY Ikuta . (B)Nacchan . (S)Kanakana . (N)Sayaka . (HKT)Anna . (Nogizaka46)Ikuchan♥

#10 I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3739 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 01:55 PM

You wanna know how fast I became a fan, Stellosphere? I ordered my copy of the CD from CD Japan - my first order with this website - the same day I created this thread! :D And thanks for the info on the videos.

#11 Stellosphere

Stellosphere

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 688 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 02:28 PM

I promised myself I would not buy anymore this month so... :ph34r:
I'll buy it in Japan next summer :good:

#12 I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3739 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 04:51 PM

Here's a couple YouTube videos you might be interested in. Both are LQ, but are worth watching if you are a fan.

"Yume Ni Mukatte" live performance, fades away before it's done!

An interview with Ayaka, Yui and Suzuka, in "fullscreen / old TV screen size". I mention this only because it was originally on Ustream in widescreen in HQ. Of course, you had to put up with the constant pop-up ads, plus I've never had any luck in downloading anything from Ustream.

There's also a video I haven't found a YouTube link yet for a Sakura Gakuin baton twirlers group called Twinklestars. Maybe Stellosphere can help me out? :D

#13 anhh

anhh

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5584 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 05:17 PM

http://natalie.mu/music/news/41305

On the 28th, Sakura Gakuin held their first solo event “Sakura Gakuin Festival ☆ 2010”.

This event preceded their CD debut which will be on December 8th. Tickets to their 2 performances were sold out in the same day. Many excited fans rushed to the venue.

At the event, they started with their lively song “School days”. They continued with “Hello! IVY”, which was filled with energy and caused the enthusiasm in the venue to heat up at once.

During the middle of the event the girls split into their units, which focus on club activities like the Baton Club, Cooking Club and Go-Home Club (People who don’t do clubs and go home after school). Each girl showed their individuality through their performances. Lastly, the members sang and danced to their song, “Yume ni Mukatte”. The audience’s energy reached it’s peak.

Furthermore, after Sakura Gakuin releases their CD they will hold a release commemoration event. They plan to hold an in-store live at ishimaru soft and Tower Records Shibuya.

December 11, 2010 (Saturday) Tokyo’s ishimaru soft
1st performance START 12:30/ 2nd performance START 14:30

December 14, 2010 (Tuesday) Tokyo’s Tower Records Shibuya
B1 STAGE ONE – START 19:00

Translated by: gator_yoong

#14 ♦ AyakaMoon ♦♫♪

♦ AyakaMoon ♦♫♪

Dawa Fangirl

• Senpai
  • 1236 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 11:36 PM

Oh I like them! Thanks for sharing this info. I did like Karen girls back in the day and I wondered what became of them, nice to see two of them back XD

Wada Ayaka

#15 I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3739 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 01:04 AM

Unlike many of you, I am new to both Karen Girl's and Sakura Gakuin. I just got into them this month. After watching the TOKYO IDOL FESTIVAL 2010 I typed a search to see if there was a thread for Sakura Gakuin. There wasn't, but they were mentioned in the Karen Girl's thread. I checked it out and that's where I got the links to their websites that I put in my first post. Then I went to Jpop Stop for all the info I needed on the girls, wrote it down on paper, then came back here and created this thread. I'm "Mr. Instant Fan". The last time something like this happened to me, it was 18 months ago and I heard a group called Morning Musume. Then I got hooked on C-ute. I found out they were both from the same music label, and that brought me to this website! :) I'm glad I created a thread for all of you Karen Girl's and Sakura Gakuin fans to enjoy!

I mentioned yesterday in post #12 that members of Sakura Gakuin were in a baton twirling group called Twinklestars. Well, there's a website that you can watch a two minute video of them, but it's in a medium-sized window and Japanese text scrolls across all the time. Here's the link: http://www.nicovideo...tch/1289218579. I'll include a thumbnail of the group too. Okay, it turns out that you need to select "Architecture Studio Sakura #4" since there can't be any direct linking! Sorry!

Attached Files

Edited by Cardcaptor_Jim, 02 December 2010 - 12:33 AM.

#16 I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3739 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 01:15 PM

I just got an e-mail from CD Japan saying my CD was shipped! :w00t: (I ordered four CD singles, which cost a lot with all the shipping.) That's great, but it's two days before the official release! :)

In other news, I found out that when you click the button next to the sound level on the Nico Nico Dougo Channel, you can turn off the Japanese text. A "x" will appear to show you don't want the text. I still haven't figured out how to watch the videos fullscreen. If you watch the 21 minute video where the girls play "telephone", impressionable young people should be warned that at the end, 12-year-old Nene shows off an impressive, yet dangerous, talent. It should come with a warning that says DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME KIDS! :noo: I'm serious about this one!

#17 Hikazumi

Hikazumi

Wooyoung <3

• Senpai
  • 4074 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 04:31 AM

^
Do you need an account to watch videos on nico nico? =O I really don't know how that site works XD!

#18 I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3739 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 04:50 AM

^
No, but I can only play the videos at the size of the window. I can't blow it up to the size of my computer screen. Just press the button next to the volume to turn off the Japanese text. I'm not 100% sure how that website works; still experimenting myself! :lol:

#19 telepudding

telepudding

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 621 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 04:50 AM

^
^ yeah, you do XD

http://www.wikihow.c...r-for-NicoVideo
there's how to register :)

#20 I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3739 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 05:14 AM

Okay, I tried to register and it keeps resetting everything. I tried twice. Which black button am I supposed to press to send my info? Both buttons reset what I type! The instructions aren't very clear. :bad:

Okay, last night I was using Google Chrome to try to register. Today I tried Internet Explorer, and that worked better. I used Google Translate to tranlate each page I was on when registering, which helped with filling out each line. I am currently waiting for that 21 minute video to load a bit so I can watch it without stopping every few minutes. It can play a bit larger than I saw it before, but it's a bit blurry. Too bad it's not DVD quality.

Edited by Cardcaptor_Jim, 07 December 2010 - 05:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users