• Please log in to reply
3672 replies to this topic

#3661 DiegoKashiwagi

DiegoKashiwagi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 750 posts

Posted 01 September 2020 - 01:29 AM

this is so sad, SG was one of the groups that started me in jpop back in the day...i didn't follow them too closely but i did keep up with releases and additions/graduations, they really do hold a special place in my heart.

#3662 DrKeithsune

DrKeithsune

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 45 posts

Posted 01 September 2020 - 03:06 AM

It is sad, but in these circumstances, what can one do? I believe that Amuse will reflect on, tweak and reboot the group under the same or different branding when it is safe to do so.

#3663 Moklar

Moklar

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 883 posts

Posted 01 September 2020 - 09:40 AM

I sincerely doubt they will reboot SG, and I don't really think it's just because of corona they are stopping.

I haven't been following them much the last couple of years but they were the reason I got into J-POP.

#3664 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 01 September 2020 - 11:03 AM

Saying I'm upset would be an understatement. Don't have the energy to speculate about anything revolving those decisions. OP has been updated.

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#3665 DrKeithsune

DrKeithsune

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 September 2020 - 07:38 AM

Saying I'm upset would be an understatement. Don't have the energy to speculate about anything revolving those decisions. OP has been updated.

Of course we're all upset, but this has gradually been coming. Amuse have absolutely no idea how to develop an idol group. How on earth can you successfully develop an idol group when you happen to be so ashamed of idol? Perfume was a fluke, BM is totally neglecting their Japanese fanbase by design and I can almost guarantee you that @onefive will be dead in the water.

The Japanese part of the Babymetal fandom are totally dreading 10th of October. Some of them are absolutely convinced that Babymetal will disband. I don't think so, but it's clear that Babymetal wants to concentrate on every country other than Japan. I've said this before, I don't think Koba considers them to be Japanese, anymore. One look at their 2019-20 concert schedule will show anyone this.

Amuse will lose Miko Todaka and Miki Yagi with their ineptness. 

#3666 DiegoKashiwagi

DiegoKashiwagi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 750 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 05:10 AM

i also don't think its bc of corona, if that was the case they probably would have ended activities now and not a year from now.

they probably just thought their time is done and have other plans...i mean, 11/12  years is quite impressive

#3667 usagi_no_kami

usagi_no_kami

うさちゃんピース!!!

• Senpai
  • 11934 posts

Posted 13 October 2020 - 07:21 PM

Don't think this has been posted before but, Graduate Horiuchi Marina has a Youtube Channel:

https://www.youtube...._jMd-vWWvNgHZg/

#3668 usagi_no_kami

usagi_no_kami

うさちゃんピース!!!

• Senpai
  • 11934 posts

Posted 07 January 2021 - 08:16 PM

Marina's music video:

#3669 rcb2418

rcb2418

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 640 posts

Posted 28 May 2021 - 01:29 AM

I love this song.  It's nice to see how some of the girls continued singing.

#3670 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 02 July 2021 - 02:57 PM

Also some quick updates from the top of my head:

• Yume and her sister Jyuna are the main stars of a new YouTube / TikTok channel called ponstarland with loads of cute content
  • Marina just recently had COVID but recovered already
  • There are rumors that the four mysterious sisterbones girls for the BABYMETAL 10 Budokan shows might have been Sakia, Neo, Miko and Miyu (Ciào Girls) although as with all things BABYMETAL nothing is confirmed so you be your own judge (personally I definitely believe I saw Sakia and Miyu)
  • speaking of Ciào Girls, that's all there is now because Ciào Smiles no longer is a thing
  • There has been some drama around Aiko and she quit entertainment

About that last part, the line of events seems to be: Aiko's boyfriend tweets four photos of them (them kissing, Aiko in a bathtub, Aiko seemingly drunk in some restaurant, Aiko having beer and food at home while watching TV), saying something about breaking up with her; followed by Amuse announcing Aiko has COVID and she'll take a break; again followed by Aiko quitting after her recovery. Judging her boyfriend's Twitter the two are still together. He also seems to dislike Miki for some reason as he will occasionally make weird comments about her and (don't know if he still does) had a line about Miki being weird in his Twitter bio.

My guess is management found out about Aiko being in a relationship (possibly blackmailed) and instead supporting their talent remembered the good old "iDoLs cAn'T hAvE bOyfRieNdS" rule and forced them to break up, which her edgy boyfriend dealt with as explained. Coincidentally Aiko then caught COVID (or Amuse just needed some more time to figure out what to do with this mess as underage drinking was involved and gave this reasoning) and when that was over they one way or another decided to part ways. If she's really still with him I'm guessing she's happy and that's all that matters to me although that whole situation was hilariously messed up.

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#3671 DiegoKashiwagi

DiegoKashiwagi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 750 posts

Posted 03 July 2021 - 05:19 AM

wow, didn't know about the aiko deal...that's messed up :/

#3672 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 31 August 2021 - 11:55 AM

Bye SG...thanks for 11 years :sob:

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#3673 DrKeithsune

DrKeithsune

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 45 posts

Posted 24 November 2022 - 03:07 AM

Well, it's been replaced by Amuse-Camp now.  Performance seems to be shoddy, but we'll see what happens. The only thing idol at Amuse is @onefive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users