• Please log in to reply
1061 replies to this topic

#61 Aco

Aco

5th gen member

• Senpai
  • 110 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 11:03 AM

ya every1 becomes kinda poor, tsunku marketing ideas also kill ur wallets n ur wages, esp with the whole trading card thing.................*sigh*

only if i won the lottery XD

u bcome kinda poor after buying pbs, dvds, cds, etc n wots weird if that u even want more, MORE i tell u ! (must fight urge, x_x stabs his own leg with a screw driver)
VANILJ DROMMAR :)

#62 jimbo the mighty

jimbo the mighty

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 January 2005 - 08:01 AM

like many others, i had known of momusu's existence for a few years, but never really checked them out. one fateful day, before my anime club's showing, one of the club officers started to show one of their PV. I was like, "hmm, a LOT of girls singing and dancing. they must be morning musume. they're kinda cute ..." I didn't think much after that even though i immediately liked the song (note: it's rare for me to like a song after the first listening), but i did pay more attention to them when they appeared on Hey!X3 (which I get locally).

last year, i became really bored with contemporary american music. there are times when i think the music out there plain sucks, so i stop listening to it all together. so i start listening to an internet j-pop station at work. one day out of the blue, they played the song for the PV mentioned above, and i was like, 'hey, i remember that song! it's really good." so i checked out the station's website to find out the name of that song: "As For One Day".

i decide to investigate momusu's music and come across the Best! 1 album and started to listen to it. it didn't have the song i was looking for, but i wanted to see what their best songs were like. however, i didn't come away impressed after the first few casual listens. so, i kept them on the backburning until i stumbled across PMMT while looking for some DAI videos. i saw a torrent for Ayaka's English Lessons being posted (by Segasonic I believe) so i download it after reading all of the good comments. anyone who has watched the lessons knows how great and funny they are. after getting as much of the lessons i could find and being entertained by their personalities, i decided to give their music one more chance.

i gave Best! 1 a few more listens and ended up liking it, so i decide to buy it along with the Best! 2, which was being released at that time (even without knowing any of the songs on it except for "As For One Day"). after some downloads and purchases later, you can say that i'm officially hooked on this thing called Morning Musume.

#63 Tristasusen

Tristasusen

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 January 2005 - 02:13 AM

Its soo cool how every has found Morning Musume in a different way...

#64 Camui

Camui

Addicted To Hitomi

• Dai-Senpai
  • 584 posts

Posted 26 January 2005 - 02:19 AM

Yup, that it is. It also makes the story telling really fun and interesting too. :blink:

#65 MMFAN

MMFAN

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 January 2005 - 05:23 AM

ehm ehm ..downloading :w00t: :P a movie from winmx ... it was Love Machine PV (full version HQ :o ) ..just renamed.. :P and... then.... :P :P :D ^^; ^^; :o

:D
ITALIAN Morning Musume FAN

#66 DeRusto

DeRusto

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 January 2005 - 05:39 AM

ehm ehm ..downloading :w00t: :P a movie from winmx ... it was Love Machine PV (full version HQ :o ) ..just renamed.. :P and... then.... :P :D :D ^^; ^^; :o

:D

lucky you :P :P
Posted Image

#67 jimjerjr

jimjerjr

7th gen member

• Validating
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 January 2005 - 11:35 PM

My interest in MM was very slow in building. I first heard them in a Karaoke bar. One of the bartenders was nuts about MM "Love Machine" and we used to jump around while the song was playing. I saw a couple of early videos and dismissed them as "bubble gum" music.

But lately, as they have matured, and as the variety of their music has increased, especially with the solo careers of Maki and Aya, I have come to appreciate the amazing dancing and singing talents of MM. Well of course they are so cute and fun to watch - and some of those TV shows are just side-splittingly funny. I feel so lucky to be able to understand just a bit about the Japanese culture that allows me to enjoy the MM talent and the humor on the TV specials.

I'm glad that I left my mind open to overcome my initial negative impression.

#68 joecow

joecow

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 January 2005 - 08:16 AM

I got dragged into anime by some friends and that led to j-pop, and eventually that led me (at the time I was the guy with the fastest connection, a burner, too much time and too much storage) to download "Ayaka's English Lessons" from alt.binaries.jpop or whatever that newsgroup is/was. All they had for a description was "FUNNY!" and I was hooked. The first one I saw after downloading them was when Hitomi Yoshizawa kept saying "I LOVE YOU!" to Ayaka after telling her that "Tokyo" was her favorite Japanese word...

Can't say much for the music really, mostly because I can't understand 90% of the lyrics (yeah, I guess that makes me sort of odd). I think I watch Hello Morning because it's pretty amazing how, by design or serendipity, you can really see each personality.

So... now I am hopelessly hooked on Hello Morning torrents and endlessly searching for the rest of the English Lessons (I have about 85 of them). All the while, I'm hoping that my ratio isn't "Leeching Scum of the Earth" status... such is the hard life in the otaku-net 'hood. G.

Oh yeah, my favorite member of the group is either Hitomi Yoshizawa (funny) or Kaori Iida (no idea why).

This is my first post, so I'll take this opportunity to thank the admins and the folks who have done all this work.! :w00t:

#69 Miki-chan

Miki-chan

Kappa Airi's Slave

• Validating
  • 124 posts

Posted 30 January 2005 - 10:37 AM

my story is kinda dumb....i used to be a SPEED fanatic...
one day a friend ran to me and shouted "MORNING MUSUME ARE WINNING THAT POLL!! GO VOTE FOR SPEED!!!!!"

that's how i discover MM :w00t: ^^; ^^; :o :P :P :D

#70 wasijason

wasijason

9th gen member

• Banned
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 January 2005 - 11:49 AM

I know them 1 months ago!
For the time, I like Miyabi!!
And then, Ilook at morningmusume, so I feel I fall in love!! :blush:

#71 taopix

taopix

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 04:24 PM

i never heard of morning musume until i came to japan to do mechanical engineering at Nagano National Collage of Technology (長野国立高等専門学校). before entering the collage, i had to enter a japanese language school (東京国際日本語学校) at tokyo for a year (2003) and during the summer holiday i had to this paper about jpop. and then i discoved this very catchy song koi no victory that hit me like a lighting and it never comes off my mind. and then i started to like konno asami and kago ai... and the rest is history. but nowdays i seldom listen to morning musume. i don't know, their new songs are not that great to me now. now i listen to the strokes (USA), muse (UK), butterfingers (malaysia) and asian kungfu generation (japan).[SIZE=7]

[B]
thanks for reading. i hope you all enjoy morning musume even if someone said きもい!to you. best wishes!

#72 agb

agb

3rd gen member

• Senpai
  • 306 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 08:18 PM

I've heard of them, bought a few of their albums / singles (Love Machine was the first one) but did not become a true fan until I hit the PMMT a few months back and found the wealth of MM material.

#73 wangrenfu

wangrenfu

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 03:58 PM

came across them some ion years ago in japan while watching tv...
it was while they were promoting love machine, their so called most break through song since formed... the dang catchy tune got super glue-ly stucked in my head and thus started to find out more about them... my fave then was gocchin...and after 4th gen joined, fell in love with aibon's voice for her combi with gocchin in I wish~ but currently is a totally konkon takitty and eririn fann ((:
Posted Image

#74 retsumarippe

retsumarippe

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 09:03 PM

the first time i saw morning musume was in 1999...i saw one of their videos (Love Machine) in NHK and the other (I Wish) in 2000. During that time, I'm not that kinda attracted to them. Until the year 2001 when I saw one of their video's (The Peace) thru the pc of my friend Sakura Momusu...as well as from my cousin who is in Shibuya on which I stayed for at least 3-4 months...I started to download their videos thru the internet (during those times, Sakura Momusu and I used Kazaa for downloading their videos and mp3's...and exchange whatever he have)...until "torrent" came and bring happiness to our downloads!~ Of all the members of Morning Musume...I'm really attracted to Yaguchi Mari (Marippe for short) ever since she was the leader of Mini Moni...a member of Tanpopo...Sexy 8...Romans...Zyx...all I can say for her is...SHE'S SO CUTE!!! I dreamed of meeting them personally when I come back to Tokyo...if given the opportunity, I will tell them that they have fans in the Philippines...and I'm one of those...That's all I can say for now...It's an honor to be here!
Posted Image

#75 xobindi

xobindi

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 February 2005 - 02:03 AM

I had the mp3s "I Wish" and "Renai Revolution 21" on my computer. When it was that I downloaded them, I know not. But after some time I decided to figure out who this Morning Musume group was. It was one of the best things I've ever done.

I discovered other Asian artists around the same time, such as Aya Matsuura, Shiina Ringo, Mai Kuraki, Faye Wong, and Love Psychedelico...but Morning Musume has the best videos. XD Now I'm addicted and I hope they keep performing until long after Tsunku dies.

#76 Yoake.no.Senshi

Yoake.no.Senshi

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 37 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 06:50 AM

I started really getting into J-Pop a few months ago and a frined of mine told me about the Public MM tracker. Then I just started downloading a bunch of stuff. This first MM thing I saw was a short clip of one of their karaoke games. That's where I heard "The Peace" and then I downloaded it with some other songs and couldn't stop listening to those for so long.

#77 gotrainbow

gotrainbow

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 11:10 PM

Let's see...I was still getting into Jpop at the time and I downloaded Mr.Moonlight -Ai no big Band- and I LOVED it. At the time I knew Morning Musume was this really big girl group in Japan, because I'd heard of them on this Ayu forum I go to. But I also knew they changed members too, but eventually I found myself listening to more and more songs and I fell in love with them and the rest of the
H!P. I can now name most of the members without looking, so that's a pretty big accomplishment, considering that i thought I could never do it. I'm pretty partial to Miki and Aibon as my favorite members although Aibon's not in MoMusu anymore, lol. I also like Asami, and Rika.

#78 綺麗な氷

綺麗な氷

Druidist follower of the Goddess Kago

• Senpai
  • 3252 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 05:17 AM

the way i discovered morning musume on a trip to japan.
morning musume was on tv and i saw it.
they were the same girls i saw on the shonen jump i just bought in tokyo.
"like friends, like sisters, like twins!"
(I was mostly hooked on ai kago)
ai bon......I love Ai! :blink:
opps sorry about that i couldn't help myself.
Mo ghrá thú, a Ai Kago
New signature coming probably never! :D

#79 driler

driler

5th gen member

• Uploader
  • 178 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 09:02 PM

I discovered momusume when i was searchin for stuff about Hamtaro. On one of the sides was mp3. I downloaded them and WOW!!! it was Mini Moni - Mini hamuzu no ai no uta and i loved it.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#80 綺麗な氷

綺麗な氷

Druidist follower of the Goddess Kago

• Senpai
  • 3252 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 11:24 PM

I discovered momusume when i was searchin for stuff about Hamtaro. On one of the sides was mp3. I downloaded them and WOW!!! it was Mini Moni - Mini hamuzu no ai no uta and i loved it.

hamutaro ne?
honto desu ka?
Mo ghrá thú, a Ai Kago
New signature coming probably never! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users