60 replies to this topic

#21 momusufan

momusufan

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2898 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 11:23 PM

Woot for banage! :D *feels like throwing a party just for that* :P

I'm addicted to eBay and I see this kind of stuff all the time :/ So if I see someone selling HPS or stuff they shouldn't be selling, I'll mention it ::D:

Anyway, eBay is making a lot of money off these guys anyway. Like I said, I see this a LOT. Usually when someone sells a bunch of bootleg stuff, they jackup the shipping price to like $10 and have the bidding at .99 cents. eBay doesn't take off of shipping, so the seller makes even more money. So that's just a tip for people wondering if they want to buy something off eBay or not ::P: If the shipping is uberly high (Usually $5-10 is enough for shipping, depending on what you get), it's bootleg.

I couldn't agree more, those kind of people deserve to be banned

they know they are not supposed to sell those HPS files for profit, but there are some people out there that will try to get away with it, and most of the time they do not get caught for violating copyright laws.

so, I really hope that ebay gets their butts in gear and start enforcing their "do not sell bootleg items" policy, that way, we hope such a thing never happens again. with tiffanys sueing them, this should send a message to ebay to start enforcement of such policy and ban those who are selling such items.

#22 rentaro

rentaro

The Devil You Know

• Senpai
  • 1236 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 12:06 AM

I think that we're all in agreement that people like this guy bites (insert body part of choice here). I just checked ebay and they've got a bunch of H!P stuff up for auction. I also noticed that some of the people have brought up that they're selling copies and not originals as well, just don't know if any of them have actually reported this guy yet and didn't just leave negative feedback. I wonder if the admins at ebay would listen if a whole bunch of us just complained all at once?

Well until karma catches up to him...go mikipidgy! I choose you!

Posted Image

poo attack, now! (sorry been watching waaay too much pokemon with the kid ::P: )

#23 Swtess

Swtess

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 02:07 AM

:P for the Miki poo.

Well I saw like last month someone selling a bunch of HM and he even stated that some are subtitled. The saddest thing about this is that some people actually buys it. It makes me want to smack whoever is buying in the head.

I'm starting to become an ebay-addict as well so :rolleyes I hope he gets banned from all torrent trackers :c06: Specially here and jpopsuki.

#24 juicytwos

juicytwos

3rd gen member

• Uploader
  • 327 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 02:34 AM

At first...about a couple of months ago, I was contemplating buying some stuff from similar users who sell these kinds of things, mainly because back then I had a 5gig limit per month up and down. Thankfully I did my research online (like I always like to do) and found this site...and others like it...and got introduced (again) to the wonderful world of torrents. I started out slow, but once my ISP removed the bandwidth limit...look at my profile now! My goal is to get a 1:1 ratio.

Anyways, I'm glad I didn't buy from these people who make money off of others people's work like the hard working crew at HPS. (Sidenote: I would like to join HPS as an editor, but don't really have a recent essay available ::P: )

I was thinking about sending a message to any users who actually bid on above said items and tell them about this site and that they can get them for free without having to pay someone.

Or I suggest, along with the "Do not sell this on ebay, or anywhere else!" message, is to add something like

"You can always find HPS subs for FREE at:"

and then after that,

"www.hello-online.org"

So the unfortunate people who actually buy these subs won't get fooled the second time.

#25 MOGXIII

MOGXIII

Sleeping Member

• Senpai
  • 2197 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 02:46 AM

Good Job Team !! :wink: Keep it Up. Let's be more vigilant regarding these matters. ^^ :P minna.. :P

°-°Izu°-°

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE
リデュース 、 リユース 、 リサイクル
RI.DIU.SU,, RI.YU.SU,, RI.SA.I.KU.RU

p/s. AKB48 is Shmexy~ aRr~ >:] *ebil*

°-°Izu°-°

Amoz-senpai's Guide to Quoting/Editing
FORUM RULES & GUIDELINES
updated: August 2007

#26 しげる

しげる

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 76 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 02:58 AM

pathetic....although not surprising. Did a yahoo search on his email and apparently he actually bought something off of yes asia, a sailor moon thingy. Hopefully no one buys from him.

I started out slow, but once my ISP removed the bandwidth limit...look at my profile now! My goal is to get a 1:1 ratio.

You're almost there!

I was thinking about sending a message to any users who actually bid on above said items and tell them about this site and that they can get them for free without having to pay someone.

Or I suggest, along with the "Do not sell this on ebay, or anywhere else!" message, is to add something like

"You can always find HPS subs for FREE at:"

and then after that,

"www.hello-online.org"

So the unfortunate people who actually buy these subs won't get fooled the second time.

Someone could also maybe get information on the guy by talking to the people who gave him a bad rating or something.

#27 juicytwos

juicytwos

3rd gen member

• Uploader
  • 327 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 03:36 AM

How do you figure out what someone bought by looking at their email address? Scary stuff...

Yes, I have .9 left to go till 1:1 ratio! Anything happen for having a 1:1 ratio?

And I reported some of that user's auctions as bootlegs...just the ones that were shown on TV, regardless of the HPS subs or not because the main point is that you cant sell bootlegs, especially of TV recordings as shown here:

http://pages.ebay.co...s/bootlegs.html

I consider TV shows like HM as a live performance. Also others like the recordings of the auditions and PVs (both ways, since PVs frm TV and from the DVD are all still bootlegging if you sell them).

Just give it time...

#28 momusufan

momusufan

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2898 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 04:19 AM

And I reported some of that user's auctions as bootlegs...just the ones that were shown on TV, regardless of the HPS subs or not because the main point is that you cant sell bootlegs, especially of TV recordings as shown here:

http://pages.ebay.co...s/bootlegs.html

I consider TV shows like HM as a live performance. Also others like the recordings of the auditions and PVs (both ways, since PVs frm TV and from the DVD are all still bootlegging if you sell them).

Just give it time...

that tells me everything I need to know. But I want to know why ebay isn't removing such listings.

and anything you see on TV is copyrighted no matter what country it aired in, so selling recorded TV shows is considered bootlegging and it's also againest the law too.

like this person selling the subbed files, he's breaking the law twice, he is violating 2 copyrights not just 1, violating HPS copyright (they subbed it) and fujitv's copyright (the channel it aired on) and if he's selling H!M's, he would be doing the same thing but to tv-tokyo.

these companies lose money to bootlegging, please do not support them in any way, they will keep on doing it if you do.

and be careful where you buy things on ebay and other places, if you suspect somethings not right, chances are it is bootleg

#29 Swtess

Swtess

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 04:36 AM

I was just checking out this guy's feedback and this totally pisses me off! A feedback he left for one of his buyer.

Not responsable for what buyer assumes. Buyer did not contact before bidding.

#30 しげる

しげる

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 76 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 07:31 AM

I was just checking out this guy's feedback and this totally pisses me off! A feedback he left for one of his buyer.

Not responsable for what buyer assumes. Buyer did not contact before bidding.

He has said many more immature and retarded things as well.
"Reply by japanpop: Buyer doesnt know to read. There's no case mentionned in the auction." Kinda ironic.
"Reply by japanpop: Have you ever seen this DVD with subtitles from Japan. Show me :P" This would be the retarded and immature response I was referring to.
If I am getting something off of ebay, I make sure that the seller has at least gone through some type of proof reading process, otherwise I wont bother bidding.

#31 wildstarr

wildstarr

Goddess, thy name is Maki.

• Senpai
  • 1218 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 08:47 AM

I asked him a question on both his Bakajo and Okajo auctions. I asked him who subbed this title. I did this around the time this thread started. I'll post his answer. If he does answer.

Posted Image

#32 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 05:33 PM

It amazing just how much bootleg stuff is on ebay. A lot of its in countries that its not such an issue in and sometimes ive noticed that they wont deliver to specific countries. It does suck but its often very hard to do anything about it. HPS or any similar group is gonna be an easy target on stuff like this. Ive subtitled very few files in comparison to them (lets face it not even close) but even one of them found its way onto ebay. I was surprised to say the least, well at least i got credit for it that kinda amused me but also sucked at the same time. There ment to be free for everyone but o well never mind. The thing here is the copyright issues, number yes the video in question was a direct breech of copyright however was the usin of the subtitle an actual breech of copyright ? It was an abuse without a doubt but do i actually own it at the end of the day ? Its not as if its official or anything its just a what do they call them Fansub ? or something like that.

#33 RyeCrimsonMoon

RyeCrimsonMoon

RyeCrimsonMooch

• Senpai
  • 1350 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 11:14 PM

"Reply by japanpop: Have you ever seen this DVD with subtitles from Japan. Show me XD"

Actually... The FullMetal Alchemist movie, limited edition, had English Subtitles. Not to mention there's a whole section on CDJapan with Japanese movies with English subtitles. Since it's from CDJapan, I'm going to assume it's real. :huh But none-the-less, most people go on eBay to get stuff for cheep or just radnomly. They might not go to CDJapan or whatever and see that it doesn't exist ._.; It is rather childish :lol:

#34 Daikenkai08

Daikenkai08

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 265 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 04:10 AM

Well, I would admit buying something cheap that doesn't exist but was downloaded would actually be a good buy, but its very dishonest! I mean hey if it was 5$ for like every file on this site! *hey**hey* ^_- but it would just totally be messed up. I got like all the songs from MM from torrent, but I'm not selling it or anything so i'm clean =]
But such people who download and sell are just argh! if anythign at least give some proceeds to the subtitle people!
Such things are very expensive though. being a buyer, is not wrong, but being the seller it is. =[

#35 juicytwos

juicytwos

3rd gen member

• Uploader
  • 327 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 10:07 PM

Just a little update. I was checking japanpop's auctions to see if ebay deleted any of em...no luck there :c06:
So I tried to look at the seller's feedback...apparently s/he made them private now. Can I get a LOL?

#36 momusufan

momusufan

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2898 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 10:14 PM

thats pretty stupid, wonder why he did that?

#37 wildstarr

wildstarr

• Senpai
  • 1218 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 12:09 AM

Its been almost three days and he has yet to answer my questions.

Well if he put his feedback to private thats just gonna hurt him. No one will buy from someone with a private feedback.

Posted Image

#38 frenchkiss

frenchkiss

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 67 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 12:33 AM

Actually eBay already asked for my advice about other resellers before kicking'em out (yes they DO investigate !), maybe because i'm an old customer and/or have 100% positive feedback I don't know, I should try reporting that guy and we'll see what happens... (I reported object 6480086823 as "replica or counterfeit")

#39 wildstarr

wildstarr

• Senpai
  • 1218 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 01:58 AM

Actually eBay already asked for my advice about other resellers before kicking'em out (yes they DO investigate !), maybe because i'm an old customer and/or have 100% positive feedback I don't know, I should try reporting that guy and we'll see what happens... (I reported object 6480086823 as "replica or counterfeit")

Well I'm glad to hear that. When I reported this guy eBay didn't contact me or do anything. I also have 100% perfect feedback and have been on eBay since 2000.

Posted Image

#40 SparklingMelrosePool

SparklingMelrosePool

7th gen member

• Senpai
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 05:37 PM

Before everyone starts sharpening their pitchforks here, the situation seems to have been resolved. I've been in contact with the seller, and he has agreed to remove the HPS titles from his auction. It seems to have basically been a case of misunderstanding/lack of information.

I'd like to thank Swtess for bringing all this to our attention in the first place, and everybody for the support you've shown. :cool

And please, stay vigilant guys. If you see anyone else selling HPS videos, let us know!

m@

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users