Photo

[8/19] Morning Musume。'15 59th Single "Oh my wish! / Sukatto My Heart / Imasugu Tobikomu Yuuki"

• Please log in to reply
3192 replies to this topic

#81 RenaiHunter

RenaiHunter

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 3876 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 02:00 PM

I want first A side centers - Riho, Masaki, Ayumi

Second A side centers - Mizuki, Zukki, Sakura

I know most of you might disagree, but I find those combos to be the best right now  :c18: And I think the 12kies need to work just a little bit more before becoming centers.

That doesn't mean the other members should have only one autotuned letter tho.

#82 MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2213 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 03:55 PM

^^Nobody would be getting schooled even if they didn't already know. There's so many flaws in that essay I thought my brain was going to melt.

Also, Ai no Gundan > Wagamama and anyone who disagrees can fight me irl

I certainly agree with you. At the time when the songs came out, I was all about Wagamama because of the shock factor... but in terms of replay value, it's too dramatic to constantly listen to. Ai no Gundan is definitely the gem of the modern Momusu. The dance is complex, the song is unique, the composition is a cute blend of EDM and classic pop, and I think it should be the model that they go for instead of the showy, cold, formulaic stuff like Tiki Bun and Seishun.

Ogawa Rena - Nonaka Miki - Uemura Akari

~H!P Fan since 2003~

#83 the rose garden

the rose garden

team kenshuusei

• Senpai
  • 8561 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 04:21 PM

Also, Ai no Gundan > Wagamama and anyone who disagrees can fight me irl

Preach it! 

Y2xXbRF.gif

by AmaSusE 

#84 moonxdark'17

moonxdark'17

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1602 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 04:51 PM

I always loved Ai no Gundan more! In fact, it might be my favorite song of current Momusu.

I definitely agree that the songs should follow that style more. It's fun and cute while still maintaining the EDM genre. Although I liked Seishun Kozou, a song like Ai no Gundan is much better as a main A-side.

#85 sukibeam

sukibeam

Chu-Chi Face

• Senpai
  • 3180 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 04:59 PM

Ai no Gundan > Wagamama and anyone who disagrees can fight me irl

While I like both, I actually prefer Wagamama by a long stretch. So, I guess I'll meet you out back? :P

#86 Paramorning

Paramorning

Nen!

• Senpai
  • 1603 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 05:02 PM

I think that the main difference between Ai no Gundan and the other EDM a-sides we've been getting lately is that Ai no Gundan had lots of character, and lots to make it unique. I liked Tiki Bun, Seishun Kozou and Password is 0 but honestly they sound like someone just jumbled up the arrangement and presented them as different songs. 

It also helped that Ai no Gundan really made the most out of formation dance. Recent dances use it but don't utilize it.

23uwwsp.gif
工藤広瀬岸本鈴木

#87 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 06:08 PM

Finally some Ai no Gundan love! :lol: I mean both Wagamama and Ai no Gundan are probably the best that came out of EDM-Musume, but I always felt AnG never got enough love.

That dance break. The part with Sayumi after that. The "Ai no - Ai no - Ai no Gundan!!" during the last chorus.

Even the PV was good enough :lol: Not innovative, but pretty to look at. (Erina hitting the tree - never forget.)

(Except for the lack of Harunan. That was sad.)

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

#88 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 06:17 PM

I preferred Ai no Gundan too lmao. 

For this single i want the to completely experiment with the centers and back row girls tbh. I would like to see them switch up the formations because it's become very repetitive with Riho, Ayu, Sakura, Maa and Mizu at the front and Duu, Haruna, Eri and Kanon at the back. I believe in the idea of throwing people into the deep end so that they come out stronger, so if I had the change to put them into formations I would probably have it like this. 

First A-Side (the one they would most likely promote) (most likely the "cool" edm song) 

Duu - Mizuki - Haruna - Akane

Sakura - Masaki - Eripon - Miki

Ogata - Kanon - Maria 

Riho - Ayumi

Second A-Side (the yuugure/tokisora song)

Ogata - Maria - Riho - Eripon - Ayumi  

Masaki - Haruna - Akane - Kanon

Duu - Sakura - Mizuki - Miki

Third A-Side (OR A GODDAMN B-SIDE COME ON H!P) (Mizuki + 12ki center)

Masaki - Duu - Riho - Mizuki - Kanon - Ayumi - Sakura

Erina - Akane - Maria - Ogata - Miki - Haruna

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#89 RenaiHunter

RenaiHunter

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 3876 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 07:20 PM

I like Ai no Gundan, but I don't know if it's because of the PV it left me with a cheap EDM factor. I've heard it for the first time in the PV preview on Harosute and those plastic trees and flowers still haunt me. Even if it's not just about them I still can hear the "cheap" edm sounds for some reason. It could also be the horrid black pants. As I said the PV did not left me a good impression.

#90 AngelAndz

AngelAndz

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 6055 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 07:29 PM

^
^
I don't mean to be rude or anything, but I have to disagree with you. Sure Sakura has been at the front a few times, but not all the time, and only recently did she get to be the main center in a song. I would love for the other girls to get a spotlight in one of the songs for the single, but I still would like to see another song with Sakura as main center that's longer than Ima Koko Kara and maybe in a slightly different style so that she has more of chance to prove that she deserves to take on the role of main center in a single every now and then :)

Also I think with the group being bigger again it would be cool to bring back the B-side songs :) I think the possible B-Side units could be this:

(Spoilered because it's a long list)

Spoiler

There are other possible units, but it would take me forever to write them, and I think that you guys may have your own ideas for possible B-side units that may be slightly better than what I've suggested :)

#91 rinafest'19

rinafest'19

slow release schedule apologist

• Senpai
  • 1848 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 10:26 PM

I've always seen Riho and Sakura as the legit leads. Mostly Mizuki and sometimes Ayumi/Masaki (and formely Sayu) were like the 3rd lead. Sakura has been a lead singer ever since her 3rd single.

I think there will be a song with good line distribution this single so we can hear 12th gen's voices. Maybe MM is doing what ANGERME did with Rikako and Maho and waiting a single to give them any lines.

MizukiRina

Twitter

#92 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 10:50 PM

12th gen is gonna follow the same formula as all the others. Someone will get pushed at first, then maybe another girl a bit after and the other two will be backup dancers. MM is the only H!P group to not really do anything interesting or even with line distribution in a long time and there's no reason to believe it'll change now.

I consider Mizuki just as much a lead as Sakura and Riho.

#93 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 12:28 AM

Anyway .. who decides these line distribution .. ?
In the past .. i could just put everything on Tsunku .. but now? if Tsunku is not producing it .. :unsure:

#94 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 01:25 AM

Management in general. I don't even think Tsunku was the one to decide it before his health got worse.

Of course there's this legend of them letting all girls record the whole song and then decide on who sounds the best. But I doubt that.

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

#95 Ohasumi

Ohasumi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1252 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 01:45 AM

Hmmm I think Riho's the definite center in formation and lines. Sakura and Mizuki come second. Then Daishi, Maachan, and Duu are catching up.

#96 ❤-u-den

❤-u-den

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 922 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 02:38 AM

12th gen is gonna follow the same formula as all the others. Someone will get pushed at first, then maybe another girl a bit after and the other two will be backup dancers. MM is the only H!P group to not really do anything interesting or even with line distribution in a long time and there's no reason to believe it'll change now.

This. MM Management seems to genuinely hate taking any kind of risk, which is a shame when they've got the largest repertoire of songs and the largest amount of girls to play around with.

TqH7Qlk.gif

#97 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 04:36 AM

Management in general. I don't even think Tsunku was the one to decide it before his health got worse.

Of course there's this legend of them letting all girls record the whole song and then decide on who sounds the best. But I doubt that.

They have actually said that the have everyone record the song in full (whether it's still done this way, who knows). There's just no way they're deciding it on who sounds the best lol.

#98 Happy Now?

Happy Now?

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2775 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:50 AM

XD

But really, I think they base it on who's the best fit for H!P's sound. Not necessarily who sounds best, but who sounds the most like what they want their music to sound like. However, their decisions are sometimes questionable...

But, anyway, for those interested, here's an example of Maimi, Chisato, and Airi recording Tsugi no Kado wo Magare [starting at 13:04]:

I think only harmonies are decided beforehand, because it's an extra part for the girls to learn. 

Also I know in the example I gave it's the three leads, but you can see in Pyoko Pyoko's Rec.Ver. MV that all the girls do it. 

Spoiler

#99 milcah-chan

milcah-chan

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 290 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:12 AM

^Now that I watched the video again, they do sing all of the lyrics when you look at it closely. I never noticed it before since they already edited it as to who sings.

#100 the rose garden

the rose garden

team kenshuusei

• Senpai
  • 8561 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:17 AM

Yeah, but you can't convince me Erina or Zukki or Duu or even Harunan haven't sounded cooler or better than Mizuki and Co singing certain lines at certain times XD Management will always have their favourites, regardless of popularity.

Y2xXbRF.gif

by AmaSusE 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users