Photo

[8/19] Morning Musume。'15 59th Single "Oh my wish! / Sukatto My Heart / Imasugu Tobikomu Yuuki"

• Please log in to reply
3192 replies to this topic

#41 ❤-u-den

❤-u-den

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 922 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 12:14 PM

If we're getting an August release, I hope one of the songs is fun and summery. Even if it's EDM, I hope it's not as cold and sterile as Seishun Kozou or TIKI BUN.

TqH7Qlk.gif

#42 moonxdark'17

moonxdark'17

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1602 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 02:29 PM

Morning Musume is performing on the music show Suiyou Kayousai on June 10. And they have that radio show about the J-Melo thing coming up too, so I think it will be confirmed within the next week hopefully. :)

That radio show already happened on Tuesday ;)
I definitely agree with you about Suiyoy Kayousai ^_^

Oh oops! I don't know why but I thought it was coming out Saturday. :P Thanks!

#43 AngelAndz

AngelAndz

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 6055 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 04:10 PM

Morning Musume is performing on the music show Suiyou Kayousai on June 10. And they have that radio show about the J-Melo thing coming up too, so I think it will be confirmed within the next week hopefully. :)

That radio show already happened on Tuesday ;)
I definitely agree with you about Suiyoy Kayousai ^_^

Oh oops! I don't know why but I thought it was coming out Saturday. :P Thanks!

You're welcome ^_^

That's OK :) I had to keep checking the date myself to see when it was happening because it was so quietly announced in the first place ^^;

I have several reasons to look forward to the Morning Musume appearance and performance on Suiyou Kayousai (Nacchi and Odachii on the same show) but one of them definitely includes the possibility that they might perform a track from the 59th single on it :D

#44 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 04:46 PM

I don't think it makes sense to release a weak single and then go all-out for their 60th. Really, what would make more sense is to continue to heavily promote the group with another really good release like they did with their last - with people already paying attention to them, another good release is best to really pull in those whose interest was peaked from last single and its promotion, and to also continue to get the attention of the general public. So when the 60th is released and well promoted, more people will be interested and paying attention because Momusu's last two releases were good and well promoted. Does this make sense? Like... continue to release great singles to hold and gain interest, rather than release something weak that people don't buy. People not buying means they drop in sales and aren't being noticed, and that's the last thing they need.

You're making perfect sense and I agree. I just thought they might save money for the big boom of the 60th single lol.

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

#45 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 06:11 PM

I don't think it makes sense to release a weak single and then go all-out for their 60th. Really, what would make more sense is to continue to heavily promote the group with another really good release like they did with their last - with people already paying attention to them, another good release is best to really pull in those whose interest was peaked from last single and its promotion, and to also continue to get the attention of the general public. So when the 60th is released and well promoted, more people will be interested and paying attention because Momusu's last two releases were good and well promoted. Does this make sense? Like... continue to release great singles to hold and gain interest, rather than release something weak that people don't buy. People not buying means they drop in sales and aren't being noticed, and that's the last thing they need.

:respect:  :respect:  :respect:  :respect:  :respect:  :respect:  :respect:

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#46 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 11:56 PM

Thanks guys, I wasn't sure if everyone would get what I was struggling to find the words to say. lol Glad my thoughts are good. lol

#47 the rose garden

the rose garden

team kenshuusei

• Senpai
  • 8561 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 09:13 AM

Might as well do 61 in '16!

Y2xXbRF.gif

by AmaSusE 

#48 RenaiHunter

RenaiHunter

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 3876 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 10:30 AM

:respect:  :respect:  :respect:  :respect:  :respect:  :respect:  :respect:

I agree they should do something amazing so more people will pay attention to their 60th single. In a way like One Two Three. With Renai Hunter they switched to EDM style and there were people interested in their choreographies and dancing as well as what their next song will be.

My suggestions: First A side - Amazing EDM track, but not repetitive to their recent songs. Something different like NMB's Kamonegix for example.

Second A side - A different song. No need to have edm tune. Pretty much like J=J's singles, where their A sides have nothing in common.

#49 MeganeKirin

MeganeKirin

EroKaichou

• Senpai
  • 691 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 10:36 AM

Woah. If this really would be released on August 19, it will be a birthday treat for me.

I'll file my bankruptcy on my birthday with all those releases on that date.

♥ ❤ ❥H!P: FUKUHIME, DuuMaachanAyuminOgata, Haga, Rikako, MeimiMurotanWadaTomokoYuka, Aarii, ManakanYamakkiChisaki, HamachanKiki, Kisora, Yumeno♥ ❤ ❥

SEIYUU SUPPORTER!!!!

★☆YuiKaori★☆

#50 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 03:04 PM

I agree they should do something amazing so more people will pay attention to their 60th single. In a way like One Two Three. With Renai Hunter they switched to EDM style and there were people interested in their choreographies and dancing as well as what their next song will be.

My suggestions: First A side - Amazing EDM track, but not repetitive to their recent songs. Something different like NMB's Kamonegix for example.

Second A side - A different song. No need to have edm tune. Pretty much like J=J's singles, where their A sides have nothing in common.

YES PLEASE! If MM came out with a song like Kamonegix.. I'm certain their popularity would soar through the roof with no problem. 

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#51 AitorKamei

AitorKamei

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5940 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 03:25 PM

I want a MaaDuu center song in which Duu is the boyfriend and Maachan the girlfriend ><

32ziadw.jpg

MM: Sato Masaki, Ogata Haruna, Kudo Haruka, Oda Sakura ; ºC: Okai Chisato;

A: Sasaki Rikako,Wada Ayaka, Katsuta Rina ; J=J: Uemura Akari & Kanazawa Tomoko. CGs: Shimamura Uta; KF: Hirose Ayaka, Taguchi Natsumi; TF: Tanimoto Ami, Kishimoto Yumeno

#52 RenaiHunter

RenaiHunter

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 3876 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 05:41 PM

YES PLEASE! If MM came out with a song like Kamonegix.. I'm certain their popularity would soar through the roof with no problem. 

I'm actually mad Morning Musume doesn't cover that song, it's perfect for them. The formations, the individual dancing... I can see Riho being in the place of Sayaka.

#53 MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2213 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 05:46 AM

The second a franchise starts purposefully releasing subpar music in anticipation for a certain numbered single, is when the franchise should end. That's just stupid. 

So please, for the love of god, don't pull a "saving the kami songs for 60th single thing" that Aki-P loves to pepper around. It's just tacky and it downplays songs to the point that I question whether or not they even want people listening to them. I see posts from him all the time, like just recently there was one to the tune of "Just wrote some songs! One is very kami level, but I'm unsure of where to use it". That translates to me as "Here's a good one, the rest is crap.. so who gets the good one?"

Not that I'm knocking 48G at all... I"m very submerged in 48G at the moment :P 

BUT ANYWAY: I'm a firm believer that momentum should be sustained, so I'm looking forward to another smash with this single. Something like Kamonegix would be perfect, but I doubt it'd happen. I'm sure their production team wants to avoid comparisons like that 

I want something like Help Me. That was such a perfect single. I'd also rather they choose one of the 12th gen to set above the rest, in terms of screentime. I hate when they group an entire generation together. It makes them look like fodder, instead of actual members.

Ogawa Rena - Nonaka Miki - Uemura Akari

~H!P Fan since 2003~

#54 Happy Now?

Happy Now?

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2775 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 06:51 AM

I have no problem with EDM, and if it gets them noticed, I think they should continue, but like RenaiHunter said, it'd be nice to have at least one A-side that wasn't EDM. 

Kamonegix is too commercial for MM. They have a thing with being 'different' and 'funky'. Same with their choreography. I could only imagine something like that as an album song. 

My biggest problem with a lot of recent MM songs is that they either don't have a hook or it's really weak. The melodies aren't that great, either. That makes it really hard to like them on the first listen. For fans, it's not too big of a deal because we'll listen to it like a hundred times anyway (because their next hundred performance will undoubtedly be beating that song to death ehem... promoting it), but for the general public, it's just not enough. 

#55 the rose garden

the rose garden

team kenshuusei

• Senpai
  • 8561 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 07:00 AM

My biggest issue with recent MM singles is that there's a build-up and then the chorus falls completely flat. There's no climax. It doesn't just happen with MM, though. C-ute and JJ are also suffering from it.

Y2xXbRF.gif

by AmaSusE 

#56 AdehhRR

AdehhRR

Converted Kanon-wota

• Senpai
  • 2906 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 08:39 AM

Yeah I agree I want to hear them with a totally new thing like The Peace.

#57 Happy Now?

Happy Now?

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2775 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 09:41 AM

^^ Yeah, that, too, and the bridges don't go anywhere, either. And for some reason the bridge and chorus usually get the worst choreography. :/

I think C-ute has good enough melodies that they get away with it more than the others, though. C-ute and Angerme get the best songs to me. 

#58 TheFlush'18

TheFlush'18

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1064 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 10:29 AM

My problem with Morning Musume's EDM is that they use a very narrow musical palette. 
Which causes most of their recent singles sound kind of the same and that gets stale fast.
EDM is so broad, they could switch it up some more.

#59 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 10:37 AM

I don't really have much preference on the song..
A song good enough to be nominated to be the song of the year at the Japan record award would be good enough to me.. :D

#60 RenaiHunter

RenaiHunter

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 3876 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 10:48 AM

I wonder if Tsunku will write the next single. I love his EDM and I hope he comes up with something original.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users