• Please log in to reply
225 replies to this topic

#21 BejzhUkrej

BejzhUkrej

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 147 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:23 PM

I wonder if this show is popular in Japan?

#22 ZetaCron

ZetaCron

You don't need a reason to help people.

• Senpai
  • 1631 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:59 PM

^I'd kind of like to see what Japan's take on a show like this would be.  Also, a Japanese TV series with similar themes, pacing, and complexity of plot ... but set in some fictional Asian land.  Isn't there a book series like that already?  Tori ... something?

#23 Erin.

Erin.

Graduated Member

• Senpai
  • 3055 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:48 PM

Here's an article (just from an online magazine type thing) that talks about it: http://en.rocketnews...ation-possible/

Apparently Season 1 only aired in Japan this January...

#24 Sludgie-kun

Sludgie-kun

M-line member

• Senpai
  • 1581 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:43 PM

@BejzhUkrej: They might like it for the nudity...?

@Erin: They don't follow the books. They do half of the book etc, whatever packaging sells the best. Dany treats people nicely? She's always hollering about how she wants to bring fire and brimstone down on Westeros. Empty vessels are always the loudest. She has no inkling of logistics, manpower planning, land planning etc. She's pretty much winging it all the time. If she doesn't know how to do it, she'll outsource, and sooner or later she's going to be powerless to do anything with outsourced people taking over her. But as recent events go in a Dance with Dragons...I don't know what's going to happen to her and her people. I hope she has an epic fail =D

@Laharlee: What's wrong with not dating? Aren't there real life examples of organisations/orders which do not allow members to date? As for Gendry, his fate is totally different in the book. But the producers of the show don't do anything without consulting George first...so their eventual fate will be pretty similar I guess.

I notice everyone says "I want" this family to be the ruler over Westeros etc. Obviously George doesn't care what you want, so I hope people will make a forecast on who rules in the end, instead of what kind of fairy tale ending they want. The Martells haven't shown up in the TV series yet so those who haven't read the books will have to wait.

矢口真里, 夢を持つことを教えてくれて, ありがとう!!!

心から感謝しています。一緒に将来のことを見出しましょう!!!

#25 Morning Death

Morning Death

Scavenger Of Human Sorrow

• Senpai
  • 1018 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:54 AM

Just passing by to drop some news for the unaware ones and boosting post count while at it.

The Daario Naharis character to be portrayed by a different actor this next season:

http://www.ign.com/a...ast-in-season-4

Posted Image
In a World of no guarantees, you can always count on a Demise at Dawn.

#26 TheFicusWithSuperPowers

TheFicusWithSuperPowers

long may she reign

• Senpai
  • 3960 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:24 PM

is Lena H-something playing here?

I know her from few movies and I think she's a great actress.

btw, should I watch this, I'm kinda bored right now.

iheartsaechanwithtext_zpsa8d1a9eb.jpg

cr: byutaereina and renaismile thank you, both of u.

Graphics thread. Tumblr. Twitter Fanfiction Goodreads

#27 Morning Death

Morning Death

• Senpai
  • 1018 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:09 PM

I guess you mean Lena Headey:

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Lena_Headey

I don't think you'll find someone in this thread that will recommend you not to watch it. Depends on what your interests are. I guess you may be aware of what this series is about, if you aren't well, it is about fantasy, medieval themes with sorcery, battles, drama and all the good stuff. There is some explicit sexual content, don't know if this could be a turn off for you. There is violence there as well.

Biggest question to ask here, to know whether you will like it or not is: do you enjoy greatness? If not, then you may be better off not watching it. If you enjoy greatness, prepare to set the bar of what defines "greatness" a little higher after watching Game of Thrones.

Posted Image

#28 TheFicusWithSuperPowers

TheFicusWithSuperPowers

long may she reign

• Senpai
  • 3960 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:45 AM

^ YEP YEP! Lena Headley .

IDK. I kinda like old times. it's so different from the present and that makes it very cool because there's no chance to dislike something you don't have. it's always the other thing you like. I, not being in old times, of course I somehow like it.

IDK. if I have time until school starts, I'll watch. Thank you, Death!

iheartsaechanwithtext_zpsa8d1a9eb.jpg

cr: byutaereina and renaismile thank you, both of u.

Graphics thread. Tumblr. Twitter Fanfiction Goodreads

#29 Morning Death

Morning Death

• Senpai
  • 1018 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:14 PM

No prob. But, if you get to watch a single episode, just a single episode, it will be the other way around: if you have time after Game of Thrones, then you may go to school. I assure you. :)

Posted Image

#30 JennyInTokyo

JennyInTokyo

Takahashi Ai wota! ♥

• Senpai
  • 3451 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:27 PM

I'm now reading Storm of Swords and I am loving the books so much! I've already seen the third series and I really can't wait to see the next series <3 There is so much that's going to happen! I want to talk about it but I don't wanna spoil it for you guys XD

<3NECRONOMIDOL <3PASSCODE <3BABYMETAL <3ZOMBIE POWDER <3MANACLE <3

#31 Morning Death

Morning Death

• Senpai
  • 1018 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 01:28 AM

^That is very considerate from you, and yes, please refrain from spoiling. ;) I have the books, but haven't brought myself to read them, not yet. Don't know if I will, before watching the whole series first.

Posted Image

#32 Morning Death

Morning Death

• Senpai
  • 1018 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:25 AM

Nice little video about the making of GOT's dragons. Thought I should share:

Posted Image

#33 PCC

PCC

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 921 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:56 AM

i think someone drew a manga pic of the stark kids/teens somewhere. lemme see if i can still find it... here
http://imgur.com/XHov8St 

Spoiler

and more gritty one here
http://imgur.com/c4pK9

b011567e5ed5fe01d20f62129749e1834524bc7.

#34 Morning Death

Morning Death

• Senpai
  • 1018 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:15 AM

That's freaking cool. Unfortunately, not wallpaper material.

Posted Image

#35 Chan Pon Chan

Chan Pon Chan

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 90 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:18 PM

I've started to watch the series a while ago. Unfortunately I'm still only at episode three of the first season.

I really like it so far ... and I should watch more of it ^^;

#36 Morning Death

Morning Death

• Senpai
  • 1018 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:20 AM

I've started to watch the series a while ago. Unfortunately I'm still only at episode three of the first season.

I really like it so far ... and I should watch more of it ^^;

Unfortunately? I want to go back to those days I started watching the thing. XD Brace yourself with this series.

Posted Image

#37 JennyInTokyo

JennyInTokyo

Takahashi Ai wota! ♥

• Senpai
  • 3451 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:08 PM

^That is very considerate from you, and yes, please refrain from spoiling. ;) I have the books, but haven't brought myself to read them, not yet. Don't know if I will, before watching the whole series first.

One thing you have to be aware of is that even though the TV series is fantastic they are a little parts of the books that are not in the series or some little moments get changed. But so far nothing so huge has been changed :)

#38 Morning Death

Morning Death

• Senpai
  • 1018 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:56 AM

One thing you have to be aware of is that even though the TV series is fantastic they are a little parts of the books that are not in the series or some little moments get changed. But so far nothing so huge has been changed :)

I am aware of the changes, I know of some of the things they've changed up until know. But I don't intend to get too acquainted with any more of that for the time being. :)

Posted Image

#39 Ahornbjörn

Ahornbjörn

Forever Sayashi

• Senpai
  • 3199 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:17 PM

soon

uo8YOEu.png

♡ Sayashi is Hi(gh) love,Sayashi is Hi(gh) life ♪
kaediirihometal38486kz2.png
りほ, りほ Password is りほ ♪

#40 JennyInTokyo

JennyInTokyo

Takahashi Ai wota! ♥

• Senpai
  • 3451 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:12 AM

I'm too fricken excited for this new series to come! I'm excited for Tyrion's and Sana's stories <3

It made me laugh seeing Peter Dinklage and Nikolai dance on the stairs XD It must be so fun working on that set!
And I didn't know until a few weeks ago that my Performance teacher at uni went to the same drama school as Kit Harington (Jon Snow) and they lived on the same street!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users