If only they would open one in Chicago; that's the closest I can do <3

classicshoujo3.png

#22 chr0nik©

chr0nik©

保田圭大好きだ!

• Senpai
  • 951 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 03:50 AM

Oh I remember Book Off. I went to a couple of then when I went to Japan back in August. I went there to buy some games for different consoles that were being sold for 100 yen or so. I miss those days <3

Posted Image
*03/08/2008 - 2008 Summer Wonderful Hearts Kouen*-*27/05/2010 - Hangry & Angry - London Concert*
Follow me on Twitter @gtchr0nik

#23 Kireny

Kireny

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2002 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 05:20 AM

I love LOVE love Book-Off NYC. They've moved from 41st street though to 45th inbetween 5th and 6th/Ave of the Americas. Much bigger, brighter and more stuff. I get my Japanese Prince of Tennis manga there, $3.00 bucks each and they're in perfect condition.
If you have the time and will, you can find some amazing things for a great price. I spend a ton of time whenever I go to NYC there, you can even find new releases-brand new-for hardly anything at the new store. I got an unopened first press edition of Girl next door's new album for $20.00 there :P
They usually have more recent magazines cheaper than Kinokuniya but those go fast plus older magazines in good condition.

I'm so excited cause I'll be in NYC June 6th (Wonder Girls concert) and I'm definitely stoping by BOOk-Off again
Posted Image

-made by nono:)bbz, who is awesome

#24 ☆れいな☆

☆れいな☆

一生♥れいな♥についていきます.

• Senpai
  • 1763 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 05:38 AM

^ I need to get there. Now. @_@ I know EXACTLY where it is, but my family never lets me go in.. But, I'll beg. ^^;

Reina-ist forever。♥ nv6pgm.pngAlways supporting Aibon。♥

田中れいな

加護亜依道重さゆみジュンジュン菅谷梨沙子佐藤優樹飯窪春菜福田花音島村唄

LoVendoRBiSHモーニング娘。テンテンコBillie IdleプラニメBerryz工房BiS

#25 Bisso

Bisso

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 212 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 09:20 AM

In the Paris Book Off (where I also casually met La'aKea <3) I found too much stuff I wanted in the cheap section. I bought at least ten cds for something like €40. And some of those were very hard to find also in Japan (and quite impossible to find on auctions websites!). I really want to go back to Paris soon only for that ah ah!

#26 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 12:45 AM

Off topic but: went to the Book Off in Machida but didn't end up buying much. It helps to have a plan since the selection is so massive! Didn't help that it was during the afternoon & there were people lining the shelves reading, which made it difficult to get manga or even walk.

#27 La'aKea

La'aKea

Risa's #2 Western Fan

• Senpai
  • 691 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 04:35 AM

Paris' Book Off now has a full H!P (and a few AKB) shelf!! :lol: With PBs, CDs, DVDs.

Singles are 4 to 20€. Albums 10 to 30€.
DVDs are 10 to 30€.
PBs are currently on sale, 11 to 14€. Some old H!P books are even cheaper, around 8€.

Posted Image

#28 αλε-сиαη

αλε-сиαη

I'm (the H!P) Card Captor

• Senpai
  • 2652 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 10:21 AM

when did that happen? :lol: because when i went there only a pinch runner pb and no.5 (30€ wtf) and some magazines remained. I was pretty disappointed :D
Ogawa Makoto - Risako Sugaya - Suzuki Kanon - Saki Shimizu - Fukuda Kanon - Maasa Sudo - Mai Hagiwara - Sengoku Minami - Umeda Erika - Karin Miyamoto Trading Buono, Berryz, MM and more cds for photocards

Posted Image

#29 .gina

.gina

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 4164 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 01:41 PM

Yeah I'm disappointed about that. Did I mention I hate France? :good:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users