• Please log in to reply
23094 replies to this topic

#22161 JennyInTokyo

JennyInTokyo

Takahashi Ai wota! ♥

• Senpai
  • 3451 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 10:25 PM

Followed her instagram and I am so happy I still get to see her cute dorkiness online!!

<3NECRONOMIDOL <3PASSCODE <3BABYMETAL <3ZOMBIE POWDER <3MANACLE <3

#22162 Lalalaalala

Lalalaalala

Official fanclub for Yokoyan's smile - it saves lives.

• Senpai
  • 1685 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 11:45 AM

Well shit i gotta get Instagram now..

Current Ultras: Yokoyama Reina Sasaki Rikako Asakura Kiki, Akiyama Mao Yamazaki YuhaneMaeda Kokoro♥ 

TSUBAKI FACTORY

Current Casual: Oda Sakura, Nonaka Miki, Haga AkaneTanimoto Ami Ise Layla, Kawamura Ayano,  

OGTurtle  Airi, Maimai 

#22163 meds

meds

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 107 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 11:53 AM

isn't it public?

#22164 Ohasumi

Ohasumi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1252 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 02:41 AM

^I think so. I have her followed though so not too sure. XD

On Airi's singing career, I'd love to see her do IU-type acoustic ballad songs. I think she's capable of that same softness with a bit more practice.

On a similar note, I also hope we don't wait too long to get solo Airi songs. Honestly, if she releases an album, I'd love to see a variety of song styles. Airi's the type who can pull it off.

#22165 blackknight07

blackknight07

The guy who posts videos @_@

• Senpai
  • 2078 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 09:33 AM

In one of her recent instagram posts she's at the self check-out lane at the grocery store and she said it was like a dream come true because she wanted to be a cashier when she was a kid ^^;  

https://www.instagra.../p/BVwFFe0Bq8K/

#22166 cornyflakes

cornyflakes

Meme Thrash

• Senpai
  • 1829 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 01:54 PM

That emoji she has on the screen is the face I'm making reacting to that post lol

Mafia Musume/Morning Mafioso

mafia_musume_banner_by_supermariabros-d5

Deviantart . Pixiv . Tumblr

H!P Comics

#22167 rcb2418

rcb2418

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 640 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 09:26 PM

Was she in Cancun?

#22168 risecchi

risecchi

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 114 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 07:01 AM

Looks like Airi started a new blog!

http://ameblo.jp/air...i-officialblog/

Airi♥Sayu

PwGcasX.gif

signature by xdrewdrawdrawn

TomokoRikako

#22169 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 07:18 AM

Looks like Airi started a new blog!

http://ameblo.jp/air...i-officialblog/

Airi's blog banner trying to picture her as the "wierd girl in the bunny suit" :lol: XD

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

Up-Up Girls Schedule | UUG Official Facebook
Public Service Announcement brought to you by UUG: Beware of fraud mails! Watch it here => https://youtu.be/2KFK8pMhilE

#22170 Lalalaalala

Lalalaalala

• Senpai
  • 1685 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 02:33 AM

currently listening to this 

have never heard the original, don't need to. this is too perfect. 

I know I can't exactly suffer from Airi loss, because she is really active and has a solo career waiting for her, but somehow I still am haha

Current Ultras: Yokoyama Reina Sasaki Rikako Asakura Kiki, Akiyama Mao Yamazaki YuhaneMaeda Kokoro♥ 

TSUBAKI FACTORY

Current Casual: Oda Sakura, Nonaka Miki, Haga AkaneTanimoto Ami Ise Layla, Kawamura Ayano,  

OGTurtle  Airi, Maimai 

#22171 downfrontguy

downfrontguy

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 66 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 04:17 AM

You know, I suppose it's all right to be staying in your bubble. Doesn't hurt anybody else to be wrong in these type of things, after all. 

I don't usually comment over super fanboying/girling stuff, but in keeping the record straight here, Ayaka IS a better singer than idol Suzuki Airi - and was a better singer when the song came out 11 years ago. I wouldn't say there is a massive difference as Suzuki is one of better idol singers (not the best ever I heard, not even from within H!P history IMO but oh well). When this particular song came out Ayaka was younger (around 21) than Suzuki is now and she wrote the lyrics and co-wrote this song. Even if Ayaka were a terrible singer, which she isn't, that should count for something. 

As for my unsolicited opinion for this cover, Suzuki sang competently as it's within her (comfortable) vocal range. It sounds like an idol singing to me but to be fair, she was an idol when she sang this. :)

But I have the same issue that I have with many other ex-idol singers (even Matsuura in most cases) covering songs in that she doesn't do anything interesting or different but just copying how the original singer sang, down to phrases and ad-libs. It's hard to top the original if you copy exactly unless one covering is a massively better singer. I hope this doesn't sound like I am trashing Suzuki in her own thread 'cos I'm not. It's hard not to sound critical when talking objectively on this topic.  

Suzuki fared better when she sang Shunkan Sentimental with Scandal last year as Ono Haruna and those girls aren't that good singers IMO. 

If I may add, she is still young at 23 and doesn't seem to be burned out yet unlike other ex-idol singers at her age. She has a good handle on mid vocal tone and falsetto - and is able to shout out high notes somewhat reliably. Not that many girls, past or present, who can do that within H!P. She WAS the best overall singer H!P had for last few years, after all. While track record for solo artists under UF is dreadful, time is still on her side. 

#22172 Ohasumi

Ohasumi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1252 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 08:15 PM

Looks like Airi might be collaborating with Uniqlo as seen from her instagram! That makes me happy. Uniqlo's one of my favorite brands~ there's like a uniqlo store an hour away from me and it's always a treat for me to go there.

#22173 Kurolivier

Kurolivier

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 374 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 09:20 AM

You know, I suppose it's all right to be staying in your bubble. Doesn't hurt anybody else to be wrong in these type of things, after all. 

I don't usually comment over super fanboying/girling stuff, but in keeping the record straight here, Ayaka IS a better singer than idol Suzuki Airi - and was a better singer when the song came out 11 years ago. I wouldn't say there is a massive difference as Suzuki is one of better idol singers (not the best ever I heard, not even from within H!P history IMO but oh well). When this particular song came out Ayaka was younger (around 21) than Suzuki is now and she wrote the lyrics and co-wrote this song. Even if Ayaka were a terrible singer, which she isn't, that should count for something. 

As for my unsolicited opinion for this cover, Suzuki sang competently as it's within her (comfortable) vocal range. It sounds like an idol singing to me but to be fair, she was an idol when she sang this. :)

But I have the same issue that I have with many other ex-idol singers (even Matsuura in most cases) covering songs in that she doesn't do anything interesting or different but just copying how the original singer sang, down to phrases and ad-libs. It's hard to top the original if you copy exactly unless one covering is a massively better singer. I hope this doesn't sound like I am trashing Suzuki in her own thread 'cos I'm not. It's hard not to sound critical when talking objectively on this topic.  

Suzuki fared better when she sang Shunkan Sentimental with Scandal last year as Ono Haruna and those girls aren't that good singers IMO. 

If I may add, she is still young at 23 and doesn't seem to be burned out yet unlike other ex-idol singers at her age. She has a good handle on mid vocal tone and falsetto - and is able to shout out high notes somewhat reliably. Not that many girls, past or present, who can do that within H!P. She WAS the best overall singer H!P had for last few years, after all. While track record for solo artists under UF is dreadful, time is still on her side. 

It's a bit off topic, but i agree with your post. however you could have directly said Scandal members are bad vocalists (yes i'm missing my Zone members here) XD

#22174 Lalalaalala

Lalalaalala

• Senpai
  • 1685 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 02:19 AM

Well obviously Ayaka is the better singer, i know her - im pretty sure most people do. She's great! So freaking talented it hurts. (Also I listened to the original now, it's soo good)

I still just prefer Airi's version is all :) Not necesarily because she sings better, but mostly because i like the feeling i get from Airi - and it might be bias, hell it most likely is, but yeah.. i just adore it. 

TSUBAKI FACTORY

OGTurtle  Airi, Maimai 

#22175 downfrontguy

downfrontguy

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 66 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 03:59 AM

Yup, for the record, I was only responding to seemingly dismissive choice of wording (i.e. lack of respect) given to the original. 

By calling it "being wrong", I wasn't trying to argue on which version being better - nor to insist you to like what I like or else. It was simply against the perceived attitude. My unsolicited opinion on Airi's vocals should be read as what it was: unsolicited. 

You like what you like and that's fine.  :good:

#22176 Lalalaalala

Lalalaalala

• Senpai
  • 1685 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 03:14 PM

^and thats cool. I did phrase that pretty badly haha, apologise for that :) (sorry for the off topic everyone)

TSUBAKI FACTORY

OGTurtle  Airi, Maimai 

#22177 Kuraudo17

Kuraudo17

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1347 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 07:12 AM

What do you think happened here? Why did staff-san let this photo be taken?

otJtG61.jpg

#22178 kbidols

kbidols

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 341 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 04:57 AM

What do you think happened here? Why did staff-san let this photo be taken?

otJtG61.jpg

There needs to be an original photo file to it. If there is none, then it might be fake.

BERRYZ RULE THE WORLD!!!

#22179 blackknight07

blackknight07

The guy who posts videos @_@

• Senpai
  • 2078 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 09:16 AM

Lol I follow that guy on twitter. He has a lot of pictures with Berryz/c-ute members. I wouldn't be surprised if one managed to slip through

Spoiler

#22180 ulises

ulises

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1382 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 02:17 PM

B0erGXWCEAAYRNj.jpg

This pic is...strange   :ph34r:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users