• Please log in to reply
23094 replies to this topic

#21941 WanThePlatypus

WanThePlatypus

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 343 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 09:11 AM

^ I don't think they're loaned though, because there have been a few Girls Live episodes where they altered and remade the clothes featured in the past and they had like tables full of old outfits! Actually, what do you mean by credited? I probably have the wrong idea - does showing the brand and shop in general mean it's credited?

Fof8IUE.gif
♡♡♡ Suzuki Airi ♡♡♡
✧ Buono! and 
℃-ute ✧

#21942 Greyface

Greyface

Prior of The Brotherhood of The Booger Beam

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 09:22 AM

^
I meant in "the credits." White letters scrolling up a screen. I'm pretty sure that those credits are lawyered to hell and back. If there's no contract requiring a credit it doesn't appear. Buying clothes from a store wouldn't require a credit.

But now that you mention the alterations, I'm slapping myself in the face. Of course those weren't lent. TGL must have enough budget to buy some of the clothes. And also FILMING in the store would probably call for a credit, so I'd like to withdraw my comment!
What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

#21943 WanThePlatypus

WanThePlatypus

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 343 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 10:22 AM

^ oh! I'm sorry, I thought of the other meaning where you give credit like "I was inspired to draw this by x's art".

I see, so their budget must be fairly high. Or they have a contract with the shops to have the clothes in exchange for promoting it and showing it on Girls Live?

Still off-topic. I finally have the Kouhai badge :D

Fof8IUE.gif
♡♡♡ Suzuki Airi ♡♡♡
✧ Buono! and 
℃-ute ✧

#21944 Greyface

Greyface

Prior of The Brotherhood of The Booger Beam

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 11:13 AM

Just from the amounts of money involved, I would assume the kimono are borrowed, and the people who lent them did it for media exposure or to make additional media contacts (networking). But that's not based on any knowledge, just that new kimono (and nice, well cared for old ones) are really darn expensive.

It's possible that stores gave clothes to TGL for those reasons (and then H!P members cut and glued and such) but that feels less likely, since the outlay cost is higher (I don't have a running average, but my gut is something like ¥15k/outfit so like 60k-100k for 10 minutes of late night tv? I don't know ANYTHING about advertising pricing, so I honestly don't know if that's a reasonable trade for the store. I also think the demographics are a little off-target, since H!P fandom is still 80% (or so) male.

Other possibilities are like, ongoing contracts, pressure from the show producers, discounts for purchases knowing that the clothes will be used by mini-celebs on TV, that some are bought and others borrowed, any mix of these and probably a bunch of stuff I've never even thought of.

My friends and I have a slightly vulgar term for the sort of talking I'm doing now... @**ological because all of the ideas came straight out of my butt (rather than from a reasonable source)
What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

#21945 scopefun

scopefun

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 154 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 02:57 PM

Didn't the kimono shop belong to,or is associated in a way or another with, the kimono brand Airi made a CM for ?

#21946 holly110

holly110

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1896 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 03:06 PM

Yes Airi's been Suzunoya's image character for two years now. So there may be some kind of contract that H!p can borrow Kimono from Suzunoya for free....

#21947 hanawopun

hanawopun

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2116 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 12:41 AM

With Airi's birthday a little over a week away, I've been thinking of gathering some birthday messages from foreign fans and making a card or something for her. I'll be going to her birthday event, so I'll deliver it there.

If anybody here is interested, please PM me by the end of April 9. Messages in either English or Japanese are ok. If you write in English, then I'll also translate the message into Japanese to my best ability  ^_^

Message sent - thank you!

angermes_finest_hour.jpg

#21948 Kuraudo17

Kuraudo17

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1347 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 04:06 AM

Do the staff filter things like cards with messages?

#21949 Ohasumi

Ohasumi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1252 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 06:32 AM

^^ Yeah my bad  ^^;  I didn't think of doing this soon enough, but I thought better late than never.

Well, if necessary, I could extend the deadline and put the messages on a birthday card from the official H!P shop instead since they're collecting them until the end of the month.

^ *shrugs* Who knows, but there's no harm in trying anyway so might as well. If she doesn't read it, oh well. If she does read it, then yay the fans got to convey something to her.

Sent my message! Thanks for doing this~ I hope she reads it, and I hope you have fun during her birthday event!

#21950 hanawopun

hanawopun

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2116 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 09:30 AM

Do the staff filter things like cards with messages?

That's an excellent point. And I'd say for sure when they were younger, but perhaps not as much now ?
I'm sure in addition to protecting them from anything inappropriate they'd also want to keep them free of any threats that could disturb them and affect their mood / performance.

angermes_finest_hour.jpg

#21951 Nana127

Nana127

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 10:14 AM

@Ohasumi and hanawopun  Thanks for the messages! I'll start working on them asap.

^ I'd agree that they might not do it as strictly nowadays though since they're older. I feel like they still keep a pretty tight watch on everything considering that it seems like it takes an extra month or two before items delivered by mail get to the girls. Then again, I feel like the staff are also the types where they would be ok with letting through some things like criticism to either toughen up the girls or keep them from getting full of themselves so they probably do just filter out inappropriate things.

#21952 hanawopun

hanawopun

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2116 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 11:00 AM

There must be some form of tabloid publications in Japan, and as celebrities they've surely been exposed to criticism no doubt.
Thanks again for your very kind offer! I hope the translation of my message won't end up to "I like cows and swim daily" :P

angermes_finest_hour.jpg

#21953 WanThePlatypus

WanThePlatypus

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 343 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 08:44 PM

Don't recall this being posted, so..

tumblr_nvm9uccmEv1unxj08o2_1280.jpg

I've seen this photo before, but not the second one. She looks so gorgeous in the second one!!

tumblr_nvm9uccmEv1unxj08o1_1280.jpg
Credit to this Tumblr!

While I'm at it, some pages of Airi in Ray (February 2016 issue) - not sure if it's been posted before.

Spoiler

Fof8IUE.gif
♡♡♡ Suzuki Airi ♡♡♡
✧ Buono! and 
℃-ute ✧

#21954 WanThePlatypus

WanThePlatypus

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 343 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 05:31 PM

Suzunoya has updated with yukata~

tsubaki_photo.pngkikutsuyukusa_photo.png

See the catalog here

Also, some gifs of Airi from the Summer Wind MV ^^

tljrWiI.gif
OqjZjCm.gif

Fof8IUE.gif
♡♡♡ Suzuki Airi ♡♡♡
✧ Buono! and 
℃-ute ✧

#21955 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 09:17 PM

Does anyone know how long Airi's taking song suggestions for her birthday live? Or is that already over?

#21956 thegabriel

thegabriel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4361 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 06:55 AM

From her blog ♡おはよ(あいり)  :wub:

blog,%20Suzuki%20Airi-619992.jpg

J=J-段原瑠々

MM.'24-櫻井梨央  ON-中山夏月姫 

A-川村文乃  BYD-島倉りか  

TF-河西結心  KSSU-橋田歩果

#21957 WanThePlatypus

WanThePlatypus

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 343 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 08:27 AM

Does anyone know how long Airi's taking song suggestions for her birthday live? Or is that already over?

I'm pretty sure it's over already, I remember when she posted on her blog that she would be taking requests, she apologized for the short amount of time given. Like 5 days or something from what I can remember!

Fof8IUE.gif
♡♡♡ Suzuki Airi ♡♡♡
✧ Buono! and 
℃-ute ✧

#21958 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 01:03 AM

^I figured so... thanks anyways. I was going to suggest Watarasebashi or Ame, since I love those songs and I don't think she's ever sang them. I'd love to be corrected if she has, though.

#21959 akarinxxx

akarinxxx

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 275 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 02:44 PM

I did a translation of Airi's hair arrangement from her Airi-al personal book (pages 50-51), please check it out if you're interested!

Thank you! ^^

http://roseprism15.t...50-51-of-suzuki

09VBI0yh.jpg

👑佐藤優樹  鈴木愛理 ♡ 工藤遥👑 ❣️ 鞘師里保 ❣️

室田瑞希 ♡ 石田亜佑美 ♡ 牧野真莉愛

Translations ☆ tumblr / dailymotion

#21960 cccsslok

cccsslok

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 260 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 01:17 AM