• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#61 Tanakacchi

Tanakacchi

Never stop loving Reina! <3

• Shinmem
  • 762 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 09:12 PM

loved the series, loved how it was all connected, and the song was pretty nice 2 listen, got a bit teary in some parts, to bad Mika had such a sort apparence :P
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image= This looked cute so i thought it would be nice for u Gaki-san fans to look at :)

#62 paranoidAndroid

paranoidAndroid

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 12:58 AM

Hey guys, is the song from Nozomi's eps titled "without an umbrella" an actual song? was that song sung by some artist or it was made especially for the show? if it is, is there anyway i could get it?

#63 hp3827

hp3827

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 08:56 PM

I've been told that it hasn't, unfortunately. I could rip the audio from the episode and upload it somewhere if you want.

#64 kera

kera

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 84 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 03:34 PM

Hey guys, is the song from Nozomi's eps titled "without an umbrella" an actual song? was that song sung by some artist or it was made especially for the show? if it is, is there anyway i could get it?

EDIT: After some further googling I found out it actually was released in 1972 as a single by 井上 陽水 (Inoue Yousui)

Good luck finding it though :lol:
Posted Image

#65 hamster

hamster

10 Years & Counting

• Senpai
  • 1743 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 01:51 AM

damn 1972 alright. back to the past

#66 kera

kera

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 84 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 02:42 PM

Woo, I found the original version. Get it clicking here, or look for 傘がない in this page if hotlinking doesn't work. Note that the cover in Brementown is played considerably faster than the original.
Posted Image

#67 Garamon

Garamon

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1000 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 05:06 PM

Started leeching a few hours ago and I've got about 20% so far. There are 5 other leechers and 1 seed atm (thx for seeding :lol: ), and if I manage to download everything I'll be sure to seed for quite a while.

Really looking forward to seeing this. XD

#68 Garamon

Garamon

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1000 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 08:19 PM

Finished downloading a few hours ago. I've burned all the episodes to 3 DVDs, and have watched almost half of the total 5 hours.
I think it's a pretty good series from what I've seen so far. The only problem I have with it, is that the subtitles are quite hard to read when they're against a light background. :crying
It doesn't help that there's a lot of dialogue, and the actors often speak very fast. I have to pause it very often, especially if the text is against a light background, and really look hard to try and figure out what is written.

If the text had been just a little more "shadowed" then it'd help a great deal. Or maybe it's just my eyesight that's failing.
Sorry, but I felt I had to mention this problem. You people at HPS are doing a great job otherwise, and I'm very grateful for that. :c16:

#69 hamster

hamster

10 Years & Counting

• Senpai
  • 1743 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 11:39 PM

maybe it's time to get some glasses

#70 Garamon

Garamon

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1000 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 04:24 AM

maybe it's time to get some glasses

Yeah, you might be right... Or maybe a larger TV or a projector hehe. XD

I just watched some of Brementown Musicians on my PC (21" CRT screen with screen-eye distance about 1'), and I had no problem reading the text.
When watching it on my TV (28" widescreen "normal TV" with screen-eye distance about 10'), then I have real problems at times reading it.

Come to think of it, maybe I should just sit closer to the TV while watching it lol... :XD:

#71 SparklingMelrosePool

SparklingMelrosePool

7th gen member

• Senpai
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 05:05 PM

To be honest, I'm not particularly happy with the subs on those episodes myself. At the time we released them, they seemed okay to me. But I recently tried watching them on a TV instead of a monitor, and I found the same thing Garamond did. Those little subs can be quite hard on the eyes. ^_^

I would still like to go back to these scripts, clean them up, change the font, and rerelease the whole series (not unlike what I did recently with the English lessons and that Minimoni Utaban). Though admittedly, with so many big HPS releases just on the horizon, doing a reworking like that is not really a high priority. But maybe someday... :cool

m@

#72 hamster

hamster

10 Years & Counting

• Senpai
  • 1743 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 10:50 PM

yeah it was harder to see the subs on my tv and i wear glasses
but it was alot easier seeing the subs on my 15.4" inch lcd screen

#73 paranoidAndroid

paranoidAndroid

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 50 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 11:38 PM

Woo, I found the original version. Get it clicking here, or look for 傘がない in this page if hotlinking doesn't work. Note that the cover in Brementown is played considerably faster than the original.

thanks for the follow up on this. i really appreciate it.

now i have to learn the chord progression and sound out the lyrics. lol peace.

#74 hp3827

hp3827

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 10:34 PM

Awesome! It's a good thing I was wrong :lol: Thanks for the file

#75 Garamon

Garamon

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1000 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 04:15 PM

I finally had time to watch the rest of this series today. I liked it very much, though it was a bit confusing for a while, I eventually got really into the story.
The script could maybe have been tightened a bit, but all in all it seemed like a professional piece of TV production. The acting was very good imo, I especially liked Aibon's performance... but then I'm quite partial to Aibon to begin with. :o
I also really liked the background music, I only wish they'd used a bit more of it.

About my problems reading the text: I (temporarily) moved my TV closer to my couch hehe. I like watching TV laying on the couch, though I tend to doze off a lot. :blush

#76 Painapuru

Painapuru

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 01:36 AM

YAY!!!! I'm SOOOOOOOOOO Happy that i found this thread!~!!!!! Because of it i started downloading the episodes and i love this show SO much!!! I just finished watching the Donkey (AKA Takahashi) episodes and am now downloading the first of the Neko (Tsuji) episodes! ^ ___________ ^

hmmmmm when i'm done downloading them all i should burn them to DVD................
Posted Image

#77 orac

orac

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 343 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 01:56 AM

Yay, finished downloading them and watching them, was pretty good, I also think I found the CD which that song is on:

http://www.amazon.co...J...TF8&s=music
Posted Image

#78 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 02:31 AM

Yeah I re-upped it a while back and was wondering if someone might be able to upload the song =X
Hello!Fansubs is recruiting Translators and Karaoke-Typesetters, PM if interested.
OR if you need my assistance in fansubbing (QC/Encoding), let me know.

#79 cucumber

cucumber

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 01:42 AM

As everyone has said in this thread, this is a graet series (and like other people, I cried a few times during Nono's and Aibon's segments). I just finished watching it for the first time, and now that I have learned the relationship between all the characters, I can't wait to watch it once more from the beginning. It's a drama that asks for repeated viewing to savor more.

#80 Mimi_girl

Mimi_girl

♥I'm a Shorta and Manga Artist♥

• Senpai
  • 3309 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 11:39 PM

Minimoni have a musical. Can I find that on youtube or veoh :D? That is kind of interesting to hear.

ヽ(✿╹◡╹✿)ノ  Visit my artsu pages! And remember the morals of life is SHORTA  

Deviantart Tumblr YouTube Official Art Channel Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users