• Please log in to reply
985 replies to this topic

#941 Mizuiro

Mizuiro

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:18 PM

I can't believe it, I've been in a state of shock and crying since I heard the news this morning.

His song "Elevator" helped me when I was going through a depression earlier this year, I had no idea just how real the song was for him...

Please rest easy Jonghyun. 💔

#942 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:19 PM

I took a nap to clear my mind so I feel a lot calmer. Still can't put into words how I feel, so for now I'll just repost some information. 

Sister called police at 4:42pm after receiving a text from Jonghyun, they arrived at the scene at 6:10pm.

On the way to the hospital his heart stopped, but doctors spent two hours trying to resuscitate him.

Members of SHINee were at the hospital at the time of his death, Key is out of the country and is flying back to korea. All SM artists have suspended their activities from now until the funeral.

They will be holding a quiet funeral for his friends and family, no fans and paparazzi allowed. SM will hold a separate wake for fans on the same day.

Jonghyun wrote in his will to donate his organs for people in need. Everything else in his name is now his sisters.

Report of Minho being devastated and fainting in the hospital has not been confirmed as true. I'm not going to report anything that's not confirmed here, but this is the general update for you. 

All I can say is, it's not like this is a surprise. If you've been following SHINee and Jonghyun, you would know that a lot of his composed songs are quite deep. During his radio he often talks about mental illness and tries to offer advice to fans and callers who are struggling. He's been a advocate for many minorities and people who seek help, and has always been outspoken about his feelings. As broken as I am about this, I'm just glad he's finally found peace.

I've been a fan of shinee since their early days, I became a Shawol since Juliette came out. I've always been prideful of the fact that SHINee were the only group from their generation to not have a member leave the group or have their group disband. SHINee have always been a "all or nothing" group. I'm devastated that one of the best groups who rarely caused trouble for anyone has had to go through such hardship. I was blessed enough to see SHINee live twice in my life, and have Jonghyun wave at me and my friends as we were crying tears of joy. I hope the remaining members can smile once more. As for the group, I don't see them coming back, honestly. But it would be nice to see them release one more album in honor of our angel. I'll respect whatever decision they decide to take. 

To the fans here who decide to drop by to this thread, take a moment to breathe. Cry, be angry, laugh.. Drink lots of water if you cry a lot so you don't get dehydrated. Please remember to eat. Hug someone if you need to, be alone if you want to. Take a nap, listen to music, take a long bus ride or walk. run even. Whatever you need to do to get through it. And again, i'm here if you need someone. 

Lots of people are sharing emotional videos, which may help a lot of people, but I feel more sad if anything. I want to remember the man who made me laugh during my teenage years. Take time to mourn his death, but remember to take a moment to celebrate his life. Here are a few SHINee video's that make me laugh. 

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#943 Bexie

Bexie

You can't spell Yoshizawa without oshi

• Senpai
  • 1278 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:40 PM

Why the hell did they take an hour and a half to arrive?!

EDIT: Ok so while almost every news thing I've read are saying he was found in "his" apartment, but apparently it was a short term serviced apartment/hotel he'd only rented that day. So they probably didn't know where he was. he didn't want to be found.

zukkisig.png

Eternal Yossie Fangirl
<3 Zukki <3

Harunan ~ Kanana ~ Duu ~ Kaedi ~ Ruru 

You did well, Jonghyun

#944 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 01:21 AM

^its true, he was at a rented apartment. why all these news outlets have been spreading false information without knowing the real facts is beyond me, and disappointing at a time like this where people just want to know the truth. its clear that he planned it and prepared for it. what young adult in his 20's writes a will unless they know they're going to die? at first i was mad that it took so long for them to find him, but then thought, the police probably had to track his phone or bank statements to even find where he is. its just really sad. 

#945 Bexie

Bexie

• Senpai
  • 1278 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 03:21 AM

I saw something that said about how they found him. I've forgotten what page it was but apparently after he wasn't at his home, they went searching and found his car outside this place, and then it took them a while longer to find the correct room.

And I will warn people: He passed a final note on to a friend (Nine from the group Dear Cloud) with wishes that it was released publicly if he were to die. After gaining permission to do so from his family, they did. It has already been translated. I have read it. It's absolutely heartbreaking.

Don't read it unless you're prepared. Seriously. Don't.

The poor bloke.

All I'll say is, we don't blame you, Jonghyun. You did well. You worked hard.

zukkisig.png

Eternal Yossie Fangirl
<3 Zukki <3

You did well, Jonghyun

#946 WatanabeXYamada27

WatanabeXYamada27

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 403 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 09:00 AM

Japanese Shawols are pissed at this broadcast of Viking:

https://twitter.com/...357473012019200

They find the comments of the show "inappropriate" and "embarrassing". This should be a warning to anyone who tries to make a fool of a popular person's death.

CURRENTLY COLOR-CODING JAPANESE IDOL SONGS

Whenever I see a live in YouTube or other streaming sites, I watch carefully then color code.

#947 JennyInTokyo

JennyInTokyo

Takahashi Ai wota! ♥

• Senpai
  • 3451 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 03:21 PM

I never followed Shinee or Jonghyun himself but I am devastated and heartbroken and so sad that a young man had to end his own life because he found he had no other option. I can only imagine what he was going through and I just haven't been able to let it all sink in. Turns out he'd gone to the doctors for help in the past but they said it was just voices in his head, like there was nothing wrong! I doubt it will but I do hope the passing of Jonghyun really makes South Korea aware of mental health and how they can take it more seriously to help those in need.

<3NECRONOMIDOL <3PASSCODE <3BABYMETAL <3ZOMBIE POWDER <3MANACLE <3

#948 Snipey

Snipey

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 9188 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 03:48 PM

Japanese Shawols are pissed at this broadcast of Viking:

https://twitter.com/...357473012019200

They find the comments of the show "inappropriate" and "embarrassing". This should be a warning to anyone who tries to make a fool of a popular person's death.

Fans were also annoyed that the Sukkiri hosts asked DBSK about Jonghyun's death on a live broadcast...perhaps them finding out about his death before the show. They had grim expressions on their faces, but still managed to perform live.

There are media videos of celebs paying respect at the hospital yesterday. Minho's eyes looked very swollen as he met Kyuhyun, but he was smiling solemnly. He's being brave and though he is hurting a lot, there is need for those in grief to be strong for others.

#949 Bexie

Bexie

• Senpai
  • 1278 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 11:02 PM

It's been reported that the new song Jonghyun was due to release in January for his comeback was called "Only One You Need" and he said of the song:

"I made this song because I want to tell those people who lost their loved ones to not be in pain and not be sad."

That's too much of a coincidence, imo. Oh Jonghyun... how long had you been planning this? :( this just keeps getting sadder and sadder

zukkisig.png

Eternal Yossie Fangirl
<3 Zukki <3

You did well, Jonghyun

#950 ShiningLight445

ShiningLight445

Amateur Family Historian

• Senpai
  • 2247 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 12:39 AM

^

:sob:

I went out shopping today and bought a small picture frame. I have a small kpop album collection; once I get a decent shelf I hope to display Jonghyun's picture on the shelf too, as a memorial.

" ’15 has become a completely new Morning Musume。, but I want to treat the history that has been handed down to us preciously.  If there was a book about Morning Musume。’s history, I think I would be happy to see my name left there."

~Oda Sakura

"Masaki loves all music made by Tsunku-san. Every single note and word stabs me right in my soul! I mean it in a good way!" (translated by Ronin - thanks!)

~Sato Masaki

#951 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 06:51 AM

Fans reported during his solo concert that he left a lot of lines out of what he was supposed to say on the teleprompter, including the public announcement of his solo comeback in January, but we overlooked it. Seems like this was planned from a long time ago. If it's any consolation to anyone, carbon monoxide poisoning is one of the most painless ways to die, so at the very least, we know he didn't go painfully..

One thing I must say, I'm disappointed in Avex for their lack of compassion for SM artists under their roster who are grieving. TVXQ had to go on a morning tv show, fly back to korea for the wake, and then fly back to japan for their tokyo dome concert because avex didn't want to cancel/move the date. EXO now have a concert in fukuoka which was no rescheduled either. I understand you need to be professional and press forward during times like this, and the cultures may be different, but i really believe they should have been allowed at least 3 days of cancelled schedule, let them go back to their schedules after 3 days at least. not having time to properly grieve isn't healthy. 

The funeral is currently taking place as of 09:00 KST. Minho is chief mourner (front man) alongside the rest of SHINee who will be carrying the coffin. Super Juniors leader Leeteuk, Donghae and Eunhyuk helped carry the coffin too. Jonghyun's sister Sodam carried his portrait. Out of respect, if you see any photo's of the funeral today, please do not post them here. Jonghyun's family and SM asked for this day to be as quiet as possible.

#952 ShiningLight445

ShiningLight445

Amateur Family Historian

• Senpai
  • 2247 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 07:43 AM

^

I've seen video and broke down terribly.

Please, no one post video here too.

" ’15 has become a completely new Morning Musume。, but I want to treat the history that has been handed down to us preciously.  If there was a book about Morning Musume。’s history, I think I would be happy to see my name left there."

~Oda Sakura

"Masaki loves all music made by Tsunku-san. Every single note and word stabs me right in my soul! I mean it in a good way!" (translated by Ronin - thanks!)

~Sato Masaki

#953 sukibeam

sukibeam

Chu-Chi Face

• Senpai
  • 3176 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 03:19 PM

@ minaeshi

Spoiler

Regarding the funeral video... jeeze. I thought it was going to be an entirely private event, and didn't expect any footage whatsoever. I got somewhat angry hearing all the camera clicks and seeing the flashes while they had to mourn in front of a nation :(

Jonghyun, you worked hard, did well, and can rest peacefully now. I wish for the strength and quick healing of everyone in mourning.

#954 Snipey

Snipey

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 9188 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 03:24 PM

Very saddening, but I have to agree with the work ethics with some of these guys. ^

In recent years I haven't listened to them as much, but on the occasion would watch their variety shows. I used to really enjoy listening to their music and ironically Jonghyun was my bias because he was so funny and bright both on stage and on shows.

My uncle died not too long ago and was just a year old than Jonghyun, watching the funeral and all the family and colleagues all upset is just so heartfelt. I'm sure many of us here can relate to the pain of losing someone dear to us and some of you here may even be suffering from depression.

If anyone feels like talking or just messages for comfort and advice, do hit me up a message. :)

These circumstances can affect people in many ways and just know even like Jonghyun, you are not alone and never have been. It's a shame he could never fill that void in his heart and I know it was something he couldn't help, no matter how much he tried.

#955 GetRapper

GetRapper

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 922 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 05:31 PM

I couldn't watch any of the videos, I still can't.

Someone on another site posted a picture of Key breaking down at the funeral and it was more than I could take, I'm still not over it but I'm trying...Jonghyun would want us to be strong, so I will try.

epwHFX3.jpg?1

Oshi's:  MM'19:  野中美希, Angerme:  室田瑞希, J=J:  植村 あかり, Country Girls:  山木梨沙

Kobushi Factory: 和田 桜子, Tsubaki Factory:  小野瑞歩, BEYOOOOONDS:  江口紗耶

All time favorites:  後藤 真希, 藤本 美貴, 矢口真里, 鞘師里保, 矢島 舞美, 清水 佐紀

#956 Bexie

Bexie

• Senpai
  • 1278 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 06:46 PM

@ minaeshi

Spoiler

Regarding the funeral video... jeeze. I thought it was going to be an entirely private event, and didn't expect any footage whatsoever. I got somewhat angry hearing all the camera clicks and seeing the flashes while they had to mourn in front of a nation :(

Jonghyun, you worked hard, did well, and can rest peacefully now. I wish for the strength and quick healing of everyone in mourning.

That was just the start of the procession where they transfer the coffin to the hearse, which was made public. The actual funeral and burial was still 100% private.

I wish at least that they had refrained from so much flash photography.

I watched the video and while it was awful, it did also make it finally sink in that he's really gone. I still didn't really believe it.

I feel a lot for his poor mother and sister.

Key breaking down broke my heart. 

I am grateful to the Super Junior members who helped carry Jonghyun so that SHINee didn't have to do it alone.

SM posted another statement online. I can't read Korean, but the gist from google translate was:

Today they said goodbye to their beloved Jonghyun

They thank all the artists and staff who came, and the celebrities who changed their schedules out of respect. They thank all the fans for coming, even though it was so cold. They said Jonghyun's final journey wasn't lonely because there was the love of so many people, and that they believe his music and passion will remain in our hearts forever.

Key also posted a handwritten note to Jonghyun to his Instagram. Here's the translation (obviously, it's incredibly sad):

To Jonghyunnie hyung who I love...

Hyung~ it's Kibum. Today, we let hyung go and I saw hyung's face yesterday but I still can't believe it. I'm sorry I was late to see hyung because I was doing other work and as a dongsaeng, I'm sorry couldn't be your strength, when you must have been lonely all this time. The two top people responsible for stubbornness on our team is hyung and me, so we have to do what we want to do, we do everything we want to do and even to the end, hyung decided for yourself and hyung left first... It was too hard in the beginning but for three days, I had time just between hyung and me and I think l can understand hyung's heart. Don't worry too much that you left before us, and I will take care of and respect your mom and noona like they're my own family. I will miss you a lot for a while. I'm really worried that the person who would take my side during discussions has left. While we were in discussions, if I snapped out of it while chatting it was hyung and me talking to our hearts' content... Now I have to get used to time without hyung and l will live even better than l am now. When I'm old and when it's time for us to meet again, tell me I worked hard too! The best artist of my life, friend, hyung and colleague, Jonghyunnie hyung, you worked hard love you so much! 2017.12.21

zukkisig.png

Eternal Yossie Fangirl
<3 Zukki <3

You did well, Jonghyun

#957 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 07:37 PM

@sukibeam & @snipey, i know, both yunho and changmin are workaholics and it's completely in their character to keep going despite tragic times, however i still feel like they should have given them time to say a final goodbye at the private funeral and a proper chance to grieve. I myself have been focused on other things to take my mind off reality, and i know other people mourn differently, but i still think it's important to allow yourself a moment to fully come to terms with it. While I do hope it was their own wishes to continue the concert, something in my mind says they wouldn't have had a choice. 

On the other hand, I want to praise Minho and Taemin for being so strong throughout the funeral. A lot of people would expect the youngest members to be the most distraught, but they kept themselves together and sent Jonghyun off well while comforting Onew and Key. I can't imagine what they're going through right now, but Key's message has given me a sense of comfort. I wish nothing but peace of mind for Jjong's loved ones. 

For those wondering, Taemin was supposed to be on a end of year music show today but the appearance was obviously cancelled. There has been no word of his other appearances being cancelled but I think that will also be the case. Other artists close to SHINee like Highlight (Beast / B2ST) and Seventeen cancelled some of their events too. 

Full Translation of SM's statement, ^ 

DRj08WhX0AE10cV.jpg

#958 GetRapper

GetRapper

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 922 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 07:46 PM

@minaeshi,@sukibeam,@snipey. Yunho screamed Jonghyun's name at TVXQ!'s Dome concert last night. :(

epwHFX3.jpg?1

Oshi's:  MM'19:  野中美希, Angerme:  室田瑞希, J=J:  植村 あかり, Country Girls:  山木梨沙

Kobushi Factory: 和田 桜子, Tsubaki Factory:  小野瑞歩, BEYOOOOONDS:  江口紗耶

All time favorites:  後藤 真希, 藤本 美貴, 矢口真里, 鞘師里保, 矢島 舞美, 清水 佐紀

#959 Bexie

Bexie

• Senpai
  • 1278 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 07:49 PM

:(

zukkisig.png

Eternal Yossie Fangirl
<3 Zukki <3

You did well, Jonghyun

#960 Snipey

Snipey

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 9188 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 08:41 PM

The way he runs after T_T
I think that's why they opened the public viewing for those who wouldn't have been able to come to the actual funeral so they were able to offer their condolences, but at the same time overall I don't think the Japanese media have been very sensitive about it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users