• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#1 Kurrupt

Kurrupt

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1123 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 01:47 AM

Anyone here have relative in the military?
My dad and my uncle both were in the marines, and its pretty cool to see them as actual soldiers. I can never imagine them in combat ;x

At school I'm in MCJROTC =.=
Anyone here have relatives that were in the military, or is in a ROTC unit?

#2 Haylee

Haylee

Old School Avenger!

• Senpai
  • 1135 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 02:24 AM

Both of my grandpas were in the Army, I believe, as well as my father. I think my uncle might have been too, now that I think about it. It's weird to imagine them in combat, however.

Posted Image
Member of WHOA: Iida Kaori, Fukuda Asuka & Maeda Yuki Branches
"Don't love your new girl the same as you loved me..." -Memory Seishun no Hikari

#3 Kurrupt

Kurrupt

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1123 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 02:25 AM

^^
i kno right?
my uncle and dad are such nice people.. I cant imagine them killing someone ;x

#4 Haylee

Haylee

Old School Avenger!

• Senpai
  • 1135 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 02:34 AM

^ Exactly. Especially my grandpas... Grandpas just don't do that kind of thing! I'm always proud when I think of them, though.

Posted Image
Member of WHOA: Iida Kaori, Fukuda Asuka & Maeda Yuki Branches
"Don't love your new girl the same as you loved me..." -Memory Seishun no Hikari

#5 Ol' Dirty Pepto

Ol' Dirty Pepto

Looking to create H!O's version of the Wu-Tang Clan

• Senpai
  • 1610 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 04:23 AM

I had my brother overseas, but he has been back for a couple of years now, finished his term. Also my brother in law was also in the military. And I believe that I have a cousin fighting overseas right now.

And just because they are overseas, doesn't necessarily mean they are pulling triggers at people. Some people are giving coordinates, calling in for medical help, working in the hospital. Fighting is fighting, no matter how you do it, and I wish all troops back home, from where ever they are from.
Join the Wu!Project...Three Spots Still Open, PM for more information
Listen to the H!O Podcast at the thread!
http://www.hello-onl...?showtopic=6332
Or Go Straight To the Episodes!
http://helloonline.m....com/index.html <---- New Episode Every Saturday Night: Check Your Local Listings

#6 Kurrupt

Kurrupt

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1123 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 04:52 AM

^^ yeah me too

my father and uncle were both infantrymen though.

#7 Ninja-Man

Ninja-Man

I'm back!

• Dai-Senpai
  • 2488 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 04:56 AM

Combat Arms are just that.
Infantry, Artillery, Armor, Calvary, MP (sort of).
Being nice has nothing to do with killing before you are killed.

Hopefully your relatives will be returned safely and may the heros rest easy.

#8 toxic025

toxic025

Haterz!Online

• Senpai
  • 8026 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 04:56 AM

my cousin whos in the navy was in Denmark but now hes in Japan. I hope he doesn't get into much trouble over there.

my friends bro was at Iraq but he died. I'm gonna go to his funeral later to pay my respects.

racequeen.jpg

#9 achraf1989

achraf1989

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 01:29 PM

Well a lot of people from my family were in the armed service i had an uncle in the airforce another one was an artillery captain royal moroccan armed forces

and i myself was a student at the LMR "Lycee Militaire Royal" but i'm not anymore due to some unfortunate circumstances

#10 Kishimoto Erika

Kishimoto Erika

I'm just peachy!

• Senpai
  • 5741 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 02:03 PM

My dad was in the Marines back in the day. . .

Now, my older brother is serving in Iraq. He's been there for quite some time now, but he was stationed in Germany before that.
Kpop 101
A Primer to the Simple Kpop Facts You Should Know

#11 12345PAPARAA

12345PAPARAA

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1703 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 04:04 PM

I can't wait to serve my country in military service. Still I really hope I won't have to go to a war zone, but if I'm commanded to I'll do it for sure. Here, like in many other countries, every guy in good enough physical condition have to be in the military for a couple of months. Some people refuse though.

Erika: Sad to hear about your brother, you must be worried sick.. XD

#12 DarkwinteR

DarkwinteR

The 3rd Knight of Reina Revolution 07 Elite Moon Knight Brigade

• Senpai
  • 1135 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 04:11 PM

In another 2-3 years time, I'll have to serve in the national Service in my country... Getting Enlisted is COMPULSORY in my country >.< And the full term will be 2 years in training >.< Oh well...
Posted Image
:おつかれいなぁ~(●^ v ^●)

#13 yoshikix

yoshikix

ちょこっと Love

• Senpai
  • 680 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 04:22 PM

In another 2-3 years time, I'll have to serve in the national Service in my country... Getting Enlisted is COMPULSORY in my country >.< And the full term will be 2 years in training >.< Oh well...

be thankful that your service term is 2 years, i went through the full 2 and a half years of pure shit. XD XD

Anyway, i was an armour officer with a rank of a Lieutenant back when i was serving my national service, i was the platoon commander for 46th Singapore Armoured Regiment's very own 8th brigade, damn i miss those days XD

Posted Image

"Statistics is like a bikini, what is revealed is suggestive, but what is concealed is vital."

#14 kantutanTayo14

kantutanTayo14

12th gen member

• Banned
  • 7540 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 04:50 PM

Be thankful;

National service in Taiwan, Israel, & Switzerland is a hell lot worse than that of Singapore

For my side:

Me, my dad, & 1 cousin were signallers; & 1 uncle was a commando.
No longer though, contracts were up, & because of the post-9/11 Middle East shit, we didn't renew.

#15 Kurrupt

Kurrupt

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1123 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 08:35 PM

my dad always calls me a phony marine whenever i wear dress blues ;x

i'd like to see him go through boot camp again. i wonder if he can take the gas chamber again ^_^

#16 chr0nik©

chr0nik©

保田圭大好きだ!

• Senpai
  • 951 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 09:28 PM

My grand-grand father fought against the Nazis in Italy as part of the communist resistance

Posted Image
*03/08/2008 - 2008 Summer Wonderful Hearts Kouen*-*27/05/2010 - Hangry & Angry - London Concert*
Follow me on Twitter @gtchr0nik

#17 °Chrisron

°Chrisron

岡井千聖のオタク

• Senpai
  • 3449 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 09:53 PM

every guy in good enough physical condition have to be in the military for a couple of months. Some people refuse though.

Heh, it's much easier to refuse these days than when I refused in the late 90s. I remember having to meet at the police station and then I was brought into a small room where I was interrogated by two policemen for an hour.

#18 Alienpyon

Alienpyon

With MM till the wheels fall off!

• Senpai
  • 6842 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 10:55 PM

Hmm, my grandpa fought two world wars. My other grandpa fought one world war and one civil war.

In Greece you cannot avoid the army, unless you humiliate yourself by pretending you are a mongo before the drafting department (a situation like the one Chrisron describes) or if your best friend is a shrink and can declare you insane.

Sadly, none of the two happened in my case! So I did one full year 1.000 klm away in the infantry but was given a specialty in an artillery cannon (!). Never killed anyone, not even by accident, LOL!

I have no idea how this device works if you ask me now :wub: :sob: XD
Miyoshi Erika, where are you? Posted Image

#19 achraf1989

achraf1989

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 11:37 AM

Hmm, my grandpa fought two world wars. My other grandpa fought one world war and one civil war.

In Greece you cannot avoid the army, unless you humiliate yourself by pretending you are a mongo before the drafting department (a situation like the one Chrisron describes) or if your best friend is a shrink and can declare you insane.

Sadly, none of the two happened in my case! So I did one full year 1.000 klm away in the infantry but was given a specialty in an artillery cannon (!). Never killed anyone, not even by accident, LOL!

I have no idea how this device works if you ask me now <_< :D :wub:

What Gun did you operate i think you guys use the Oto Melara 56 model right

#20 jrongow

jrongow

Forever-5th Gen

• Senpai
  • 1776 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 05:46 PM

I WAS in the military. 2 years compulsory National Service.. Glad to be out anyways. The army is just not for me...
Posted Image
The Sexy Heroine of my Final Fantasy...
愛 = LOVE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users