• Please log in to reply
55120 replies to this topic

#53341 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 04:05 PM

LOL .. someone crop out the Haro Sute performance clip really fast.. and added last week clip too :D
At least we don't have scroll the whole episode for this part ..
Hope it don't get remove .. but chances is it will .. XD
モーニング娘。'19 『人生Blues』『青春Night』〜BEST WISHES!〜FINAL

#53342 tadase

tadase

Everlasting

• Senpai
  • 662 posts

Posted 14 July 2019 - 05:55 PM

I'm surprised no one has posted this yet, but here's MM19 from tonight's Ongaku no Hi performing Jinsei Blues

Untitled-1.jpg

#53343 RihoZukki

RihoZukki

Rare RihoxKanon Shipper

• Senpai
  • 756 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 12:12 AM

LOL .. someone crop out the Haro Sute performance clip really fast.. and added last week clip too :D
At least we don't have scroll the whole episode for this part ..
Hope it don't get remove .. but chances is it will .. XD
モーニング娘。'19 『人生Blues』『青春Night』〜BEST WISHES!〜FINAL

Mizuki's dress is giving me "Wagamama" tease with a little bit of Stephanie from Lazytown and I love it. 

de62ax6-a6d8a439-a469-4885-bc30-ca72a342 

Check out new fanfiction: You want it? Say So..

#53344 rcb2418

rcb2418

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 640 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 04:55 PM

Mizuki's dress is giving me "Wagamama" tease with a little bit of Stephanie from Lazytown and I love it.

Ah very true.

Here's a video I just saw. Sorry if it was already posted.

It was crazy to see older men singing Ame no Furanai...., even crazier to see the foreign looking man also singing along and really refreshing to see women and girls in the audience.

#53345 Margie GiGi

Margie GiGi

Fansubber

• Senpai
  • 1704 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 01:15 AM

Just wanted to share a couple of MM moments I subtitled into English.

Unedited version: https://www.dailymot...m/video/x76m068

zSP0uV1.gif

Team! °C-ute &

Cho TokimekiSendenbu

#53346 DiegoKashiwagi

DiegoKashiwagi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 750 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 01:36 AM

^thank you so so much for this!
subbed content is always welcome lol

#53347 rcb2418

rcb2418

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 640 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 05:42 PM

https://youtu.be/uSXE0nkWd7E

Enjoy.

#53348 Satur

Satur

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5683 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 08:26 AM

Great job, Margie, now is hard to find new videos subtitled. :good:

If you speak Spanish and like first times of Hello! Project, you can pay a visit to my blog Yaguchi y Yo (Yaguchi and Me).

Si entiendes español y te gusta la primera época de Hello! Project, puedes visitar mi blog Yaguchi y Yo.

#53349 洋hiromi水

洋hiromi水

dance, dancing all of the night~ ♫

• Senpai
  • 1654 posts

Posted 20 July 2019 - 11:36 AM

Wow, thanks for the subtitles! I know how much work it is to do this, so thank you!  :good:

So guys, I've just watched the Beyonds MVs and I'm kind of annoyed. This has nothing to do with Beyonds (go watch them, they're awesome!). What annoys me is... and I can't be the only one thinking that...

Why do all groups but MM get such high quality MVs?

They must have used quite a lot of money for those three MVs, with all the different locations, outfits, the editing. And it turned out amazing. Why not do that for MM? I don't get it, Momusu's MVs get more views even though they're usually quite plain and boring - imagine how much more attention they'd get if they were as good as the new Beyonds MVs or Kobushi's MVs, for example. They'd probably sell more, too, since people get into music via Youtube (and Spotify, but that is a whole other discussion) nowadays, and visuals seem to play a big role. 

This way, it feels like they use up a lot (or most?) of the money MM makes for MVs of other groups. If they would just make MM's MVs better, they could make more money and use that for MVs of both MM and other groups. I'm not saying the other groups don't deserve it or don't make enough money. What I mean is, why not use the flagship group that is the most well-known to make more money and have everyone benefit from it?  <_<

Yamazaki Mei Kaga Kaede  Haga Akane  Danbara Ruru Sasaki RikakoAkiyama MaoHirai Miyo

#53350 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 20 July 2019 - 11:44 AM

I guess management thinks they need to invest in groups for them to become popular, and Morning Musume is already popular enough (for them).

Morning Musume has a very dedicated fanbase that still buys 100,000 copies of a single even if the MV is, in comparison to other groups, less creative.

Then, very good ideas and singles, like Toki wo Koe Sora wo Koe (with Password is 0 even having an AU tie-in) sold less than Egao no Kimi/Kimi no Kawari/What is LOVE - and while Egao no Kimi had a great MV, the other two were very basic.

They probably don't think it would give MM's popularity that much of a boost.

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

#53351 Fall

Fall

Dating Scandal Apologist

• Senpai
  • 1745 posts

Posted 20 July 2019 - 11:52 AM

Taking a lot of the sentiment from my post here in the audition thread: http://www.hello-onl...aled/?p=2129905

Morning Musume is largely about as popular as it's going to be at this period in time short of a lot of factors that are somewhat out of the control of the office. They can attempt a lot to appease the fans that MM already has, but that doesn't actually do a lot to increase the number of ears and eyes that they will have on the product. It instead ends up being much more beneficial for them to focus that budget towards other groups to try and make them popular enough that they end up as "recession proof" as Morning Musume. Once we hit the end of the next recession, then we might see some creativity on Morning Musume since that would be the most effective tool they have to try and bring people back into H!P similarly to how things worked out in 2012 with OTT and onwards. Short of that though, they probably just think it makes more sense to try and build up the other groups so that dedicated fans will still feel obligated to attend concerts or buy merch for the other/newer groups even into the next possible recession.

#53352 洋hiromi水

洋hiromi水

dance, dancing all of the night~ ♫

• Senpai
  • 1654 posts

Posted 20 July 2019 - 02:32 PM

Taking a lot of the sentiment from my post here in the audition thread: http://www.hello-onl...aled/?p=2129905

Oh, I haven't seen that post yet. Thank you for sharing it.

This actually really helped me understand the bigger picture a bit better. I never really thought about how MM's or H!Ps success was obviously tied to the economic status of Japan, for example. I've become a fan around 2009, when MM was pretty down, and got super excited to see them get back on track with Sayu as the leader. When leadership got to Mizuki, I still felt like their quality was quite good, until maybe a year or two ago, when the budget was obviously going towards all the groups but MM. That's why I kind of felt that management is losing track and MM is not getting enough attention now. The way you explained it, it seems that there is actually a plan of some sort, even if it means not pushing my favorite group or giving them anything new. I still believe putting more effort in MM's MVs might pay off, if they keep doing it for a few singles, but yeah, it's quite risky. 

Means for me, I'll just wait until they come up with MM's next gimmick. Until then, I'll enjoy Beyonds' and Kobushi's MVs...  :ph34r: and all of H!Ps lives, which are still my favorite thing of it all.

Yamazaki Mei Kaga Kaede  Haga Akane  Danbara Ruru Sasaki RikakoAkiyama MaoHirai Miyo

#53353 Fall

Fall

Dating Scandal Apologist

• Senpai
  • 1745 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 03:13 AM

Nippon no mirai wa/Morning Musume mo

I think the last two real risks that UF had taken were Country Girls' fast track to major debut (under 5 months) in 2015 and Nishiguchi's spontaneous announcement during the 2017 KSS exam that gave us the debuts for Kawamura, Dambara, and eventually the boonies. Conspiracy theories abound on how much of the CG decision had to do with Masahiro's money though, and we're currently living how much time went into the formation of BEYOOOOONDS with about 27 months of risk mitigation by the time their first single releases next month.

Throw us a bone more often than every 2 years, UF  ^^;

#53354 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 03:54 PM

Sorry I am not sure if this was posted as this was up for like a week ..
Where is this from? Its like a dinner format? ..
Sorry.. I'm a bit off in recent times with what's happening .. been busy .. :D

Edit:
Short story ..
Last week .. The company I am working for had a regional meeting in my country ..
There was a dinner event where the regional VIPs get to meet the staff over here ..
I talked to the Japan regional in charge .. I started with AKB48 as I thought everyone knows them but he didn't seem interested and asked me if I know Nogizaka46 ..
I told him not really as they had an overseas block and it's hard to get their content .. (the truth is my attitude is if its not easily accessible to me then I don't care XD )
Then I went on to Morning Musume .. he was like .. WOW .. and I started telling him about going to Budoken concerts and manage to get some sort of conversation going ..
So MM turn out to be the better bet .. :D

#53355 Juandalyn

Juandalyn

止まらない!

• Senpai
  • 5295 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 06:01 PM

^It's a dinner show indeed, held on February 17 2019 (one for lunch, one for dinner - so I guess one was a lunch show? ^^; as far as I know they had the same setlists, though).

For more information: https://helloproject...w_"Happy_Night"

VKnn8U2.png

I, for one, welcome our new 15ki overlords.

Hello! Project Photobook Overview

Hello! Project Ages Overview

#53356 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 03:18 PM

^ thanks :)

Looks like good fun .. they should do this overseas :P

#53357 tadase

tadase

Everlasting

• Senpai
  • 662 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 04:23 PM

I don't know if this was posted,

Morning Musume performed Seishun Night at this year's TV Tokyo Music Festival 2019

http://www.miomio.tv/watch/cc443249/ @ 12:33

Untitled-1.jpg

#53358 Nayok-Kihara

Nayok-Kihara

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 14639 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 04:26 AM

Rockin'on (affiliated with ROCK IN JAPAN) has posted a few articles about Morning Musume leading up to their performance at ROCK IN JAPAN 2019.

In this article (link 1) the author recommends (with reasons) 10 songs to start with if you're new to Morning Musume. The second link is a twitter thread translation/summary.

https://rockinon.com...s/detail/187732

https://twitter.com/...235864401367041

This is the latest article (link 1), and a full translation (link 2).

Morning Musume paved a new path for idols by fighting through “3 eras”

https://rockinon.com...s/detail/187864

https://justinkanda....ver-three-eras/

https://twitter.com/...456145928839168

Fandom Obsessive.
XgqXhMV.png
Graphics by nono:)bbz & Charlokylie.

#53359 Snipey

Snipey

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 9188 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 03:45 PM

Nice, love seeing most of the platinum era tracks on there.

#53360 megumibex

megumibex

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1040 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 06:18 PM

15ki might become my favourite generation, 13ki better watch out.

MM ~ Nonaka Miki, Kaga Kaede ANGERME ~ Sasaki Rikako J=J ~ Takagi Sayuki, Danbara Ruru 

CG ~ Yamaki Risa KF ~ Hamaura Ayano TF~ Kishimoto Yumeno 

KSS - Takase Kurumi, Sato Hikari 

OG ~ Iida Kaori, Suzuki Kanon, Fukuda Kanon, Inaba Manaka, Mitsui Aika, Nakajima Saki

Other Companies ~ Iwase Misaki, Cuca, Nagahama Neru, Maruyama Karin, Khao Kazumaisiri , Suzuka Nakamoto

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users