#1281 pokeballs

pokeballs

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 86 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 09:56 PM

An unlikely pair?!
They're both so close. <3

I suppose I mean that when I first found out about C-ute I never guessed that those two in particular were so close :wub:

Posted Image

Metayero posted this in the C-ute topic, so I don't know if this is unnecessary or not... but I thought I'd try some translation work

Airi basically says how her first impression of Kanna and her impression now are completely different. At first she thought Kanna was such a graceful and quiet girl. But! Now she's really energetic and her laugh is vehement (or intense... I can't think of a better word for 激しい) But she's also somewhat earnest. Airi thinks that the present Kanna is the real Kanna. And she loves Kanna for always playing the "straight man" in her boring jokes.

Kanna says that her recent happy memory was having a really great time going to Karaoke with Erika. She mentions that her Grandma's cat Masamune is really cute. Also it can recognize a person's feelings just like a human. Recently her favorite colors are red and black, when it had been pink in the past. But she likes her "Image Color" red and chic black. For 2009, as an adult she'd like to become a lady that can understand the feelings of others.
(Hmmm, I'm sure of a good way to translate 空気読める naturally in English... the opposite of 空気読める is a person who can't "read" a situation and makes things awkward for other people)

#1282 Nouciel

Nouciel

Graduated member

• Headquarters
  • 8069 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 11:02 PM

(moved my post from the C-ute thread here)

thank you pokeballs XD

Intense laugh sounds like a correct translation, but maybe there's a better expression in English. I'd translate it as "Kanna's trademark/characteristic laugh", but that's only because I know how is her laugh.
I've only seen a couple of times translating tsukkomi as straight man. (owarai terms). I didn't know tsukkomi meant straight man until some weeks ago. Since Airi is talking about jokes, I believe she's talking about the owarai term "tsukkomi", and not straight man or whatever other signifiance it may have.
I've always seen 空気読める translated simply as "KY". It's more practical than saying "a person that has it difficult while 'reading' the atmosphere" or something like that. I believe that acronym is used by Japanese themselves as well. So... I'd translate Kanna's last phrase as "In 2009, I want to be more adult-like, and less of a KY". I personally haven't noticed any KY-ness in Kanna :< but if she thinks she's got KY-ness in her, better get rid of it I guess.

hmm... someone correct me if I'm wrong but what is Maimi saying about Kanna being vanilla-like o_O;;

I thought Kanna's look back when she joined C-ute (I assume that's the first time Airi saw her... paying attention to her, I mean) was a quiet girl's, too. But once I saw her laugh my view of her changed. ^^; XD

monkey~
Posted Image
All time fav: ℃
Current fav: b4z + Manaka

#1283 pokeballs

pokeballs

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 86 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 01:29 AM

Hmm, maybe vigorous would be a good word too lol

Yeah, that's what Airi means by tsukkomi, but "straight man" seems to describe tsukkomi fairly well I think

Japanese do use KY commonly, but I was trying to think up a good way to describe it in English, but I guess most on this board would understand either way ^_^

Maimi says that Kanna seems like someone who would like vanilla-like smells haha. Maimi mentions how Kanna is very sensitive to smells and always notices when Maimi uses different shampoos even without telling her.

Love the monkey pic as well ^^;

#1284 Nouciel

Nouciel

Graduated member

• Headquarters
  • 8069 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 01:50 AM

I'm so used to using tsukkomi that I never thought about translating the word to English or even Spanish. ^_^
Like many Japanese expressions, KY is hard to translate, let alone in common words. So I never thought about its English translation either. And besides, KY sounds cool :<

Ohh ironic that the girl Kanna likes the smell of is now talking about Kanna's sensitiveness to smells. Maimi probably got a bit shocked the first time she noticed Kanna was smelling her, but is used to it by now, and even talks about the smells Kanna might like ^^; haha both of them are crazy XD

#1285 christie

christie

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 331 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 06:18 AM

I don't know if you guys talked about the Akogare DVD but I just watched it and Kanna's interview of Nakki was so cute! It seemed like she has a little crush on her~ lol She was like "i send you letters all the time and you haven't replied. Why is that? And then she was like 'Ok..because I haven't gotten any from you so I was concerned.. And nakki was like You're that upset about it? (in a kidding way) and she's like i'm that upset about it lol and then at the end when it was over and then there was an awkward pause and then she's like... uhmm Can i ask you one more thing, In your opinion what kind of person am I? yahh.. but anyway just ranting cos I though it was funny/adorable. Which = kanna. :) :)

that is all.

#1286 Azu-Nyan

Azu-Nyan

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2784 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 02:49 PM

pokeballs:
Haha, I get it now.
XD

Does anyone have translations?!
:P

#1287 ♥アメーバー !♥

♥アメーバー !♥

♥Gyuuunyuuuu~!♥XD

• Senpai
  • 2833 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 06:40 PM

ty for the pic nouciel
she resembles aichan so she must be a monkey lol.
Posted Image

#1288 Comandante Garlix

Comandante Garlix

Hail to the Captain

• Senpai
  • 5049 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 07:11 PM

Pokeballs: Actually, I'm glad you did not use "ky," because I can never remember what it means. <_<

It's too bad there is not more footage of Airi making lame jokes and Kanna playing tsukkomi with her. The time they showed it on Yorosen was a very classic moment. XD
Wasn't it Kanna who asked for help from Dr. Monkey Dance about laughing at Airi's jokes?
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
- マーティン・ルーサー・キング・ジュニア

#1289 Nouciel

Nouciel

Graduated member

• Headquarters
  • 8069 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 07:44 PM

I dunno if this counts as a boke-tsukkomi moment, but...

(near 3:45)
well it's still a cute AiriKanna moment anyways <3

#1290 pokeballs

pokeballs

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 86 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 07:54 PM

Pokeballs: Actually, I'm glad you did not use "ky," because I can never remember what it means. <3

It's too bad there is not more footage of Airi making lame jokes and Kanna playing tsukkomi with her. The time they showed it on Yorosen was a very classic moment. <3
Wasn't it Kanna who asked for help from Dr. Monkey Dance about laughing at Airi's jokes?

Those clips are two of my favorite AiriKanna moments haha

#1291 Azu-Nyan

Azu-Nyan

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2784 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 01:46 PM

^
Yeah. XD
Kanna and Airi are so funny and random together. <3

#1292 metayero

metayero

Greedy Mouse

• Senpai
  • 1776 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 02:27 PM

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

#1293 °C-ute-Fan!

°C-ute-Fan!

YajiSuzu Fan! *_*

• Senpai
  • 10372 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 02:46 PM

I dunno if this counts as a boke-tsukkomi moment, but...

(near 3:45)
well it's still a cute AiriKanna moment anyways XD

Nouciel...the Cutie Circuit for Women...was it on DVD?
if yes on which DVD?
anyone can help me? ^^
thanks

a6dcmgR.png
~Ava and Siggy from Pi-chicci! Thanks sooooooooo much!~

#1294 Saeba Ryo

Saeba Ryo

州´・ v ・)

• Senpai
  • 1480 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 03:54 PM

^ It's from the Forever Love Event V dvd.
DRIP -http://www.hello-onl...p;torrent=17678
ISO -http://www.hello-onl...p;torrent=17660

#1295 °C-ute-Fan!

°C-ute-Fan!

YajiSuzu Fan! *_*

• Senpai
  • 10372 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 03:57 PM

wow cool O.o
really good Event DVD....
thank you ^^

a6dcmgR.png
~Ava and Siggy from Pi-chicci! Thanks sooooooooo much!~

#1296 Azu-Nyan

Azu-Nyan

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2784 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 10:08 PM

@Metal_Yellow: Thanks for the new Kanna pics. :lol:

#1297 AiяiLovεя™

AiяiLovεя™

(◟◜◕◡◕◝◞) YajiSuzu ♡

• Senpai
  • 4959 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 06:55 AM

:P
Posted Image

374069d6e3ede87d6670d131e2b49.png

#1298 Azu-Nyan

Azu-Nyan

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2784 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 09:33 PM

Haha. XD They're all like the same height!

#1299 AiяiLovεя™

AiяiLovεя™

(◟◜◕◡◕◝◞) YajiSuzu ♡

• Senpai
  • 4959 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 06:33 AM

oh yes!!!! hahahah <_<

374069d6e3ede87d6670d131e2b49.png

#1300 Nayok-Kihara

Nayok-Kihara

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 14639 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 02:00 AM

From JPM Forums:

breaking news from H!P : Arihara Kanna wont attend the HaroTen Fanclub event this week she was having difficulty performing on stage due to hallux valgus (Bunion Deformity) and will need treatment . She will be absent from Hello! Project activities for while. Probably through C-ute's Concert Tour and new single, it will be 6 nin C-ute for awhile, 4/15
http://www.helloproj...0902260900.html

More information on Hallux Valgus/Bunion:

A bunion is a structural deformity of the bones and the joint between the foot and big toe, and may be painful.

A bunion is an enlargement of bone or tissue around the joint at the base of the big toe (metatarsophalangeal joint).The big toe may turn in toward the second toe (angulation), and the tissues surrounding the joint may be swollen and tender.

Today the term usually is used to refer to the pathological bump on the side of the great toe joint. The bump is the swollen bursal sac and/or an osseous (bony) deformity that has grown on the mesophalangeal joint (where the first metatarsal bone and hallux meet).

Fandom Obsessive.
XgqXhMV.png
Graphics by nono:)bbz & Charlokylie.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users