• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

#41 WabukiSensei

WabukiSensei

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 81 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 10:32 AM

@WabukiSensei: Yes 11 Episodes, and the 11th is the Finale which is approximately 2h 25m.

Thx for the clarification. It does make me wonder tho why the manga doesn't seem to be that popular given how excellent the drama is executed

#42 DarkwinteR

DarkwinteR

The 3rd Knight of Reina Revolution 07 Elite Moon Knight Brigade

• Senpai
  • 1135 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 06:03 PM

The last episode has a fairly satisfying ending, but somehow or another I felt that the producers just wanted to give an ending to it. The last episode could have been finished in less than 1hr if not for the flashbacks. The flashbacks, to me, serve almost no purpose other than wasting time. Overall, the ending could have been much better.
Posted Image
:おつかれいなぁ~(●^ v ^●)

#43 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 06:06 PM

@Darkwinter: Well the flashbacks serve a small small purpose.. As in between the flashbacks some background information is given to us about the players past and hw they were recruited.. If they just dove into how they joined.. It would feel a bit rushed... In my opinion that is... And the ending... I thought that is just how it should have been... Anything better would be great but I think it was just right :w00t:.
Hello!Fansubs is recruiting Translators and Karaoke-Typesetters, PM if interested.
OR if you need my assistance in fansubbing (QC/Encoding), let me know.

#44 DarkwinteR

DarkwinteR

• Senpai
  • 1135 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 06:29 PM

Some flashbacks were fine with me... but I felt that the producers overdid it :X
I agree that the ending was fine with me and judging from the ending part, I hope that there would be a Liar Game 2 :w00t:

PS: Is it me or does your Avatar and signature change??? How do you do it?
Posted Image

#45 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 06:36 PM

@darkwinter: I agree a few were too long... BUt yeah it does lead you to wonder if there will be a Season 2.

PS: Yes my Ava/Sig do rotate on refresh, check your PM soon.

Hello!Fansubs is recruiting Translators and Karaoke-Typesetters, PM if interested.

#46 Henkka

Henkka

5th gen member

• Senpai
  • 155 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 08:19 PM

Just started watching this one 2 days ago. I watched the first 10 episodes all on the same day and now I'm just waiting for the subs for the last episode. Really, really addictive. Reminds me kinda of Gantz the anime in more than one ways even though they aren't that similar at all. But both are really addictive and you can't stop watching after you've started, and both kinda have the "mission 1 - break - mission 2 - break" etc theme.
And yeah, at the beginning it also reminded me of SAW because of the talking puppet guy but after that, not at all.

All in all, a solid series but maybe not really the best. Good thing there's Jotei starting this season with Matsuda Shota (and not to mention Kato Rosa!) in it again, I really like him.

#47 DarkwinteR

DarkwinteR

• Senpai
  • 1135 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 11:59 AM

It is weird... I have absolutely no idea how the chinese subbed the last episode so quickly... I watched the chinese subbed episode about 5 days after the RAW version was released... They must really be :lol:
Posted Image

#48 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 02:33 PM

@darkwinter: Actually the Korean Subs are much faster... I guess it is just that much easier to sub Japanese into another language (Korean/Chinese) than it is English... As the timings I used are from the Korean Subs which I normally get on the SAME day of the RAW release... So yeah.

#49 DarkwinteR

DarkwinteR

• Senpai
  • 1135 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 03:31 PM

@darkwinter: Actually the Korean Subs are much faster... I guess it is just that much easier to sub Japanese into another language (Korean/Chinese) than it is English... As the timings I used are from the Korean Subs which I normally get on the SAME day of the RAW release... So yeah.

WTH!!! Are they on drugs or anything? They actually get the whole thingy done on the same day? Do they watch the video and translate, time and encode it at the same speed the video is playing or what?
Posted Image

#50 LvB

LvB

ガッキー fanboy

• Senpai
  • 1702 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 04:37 PM

I think it's a lot easier to translate Japanese into Korean because the languages are so similar to each other.

Posted Image

#51 DarkwinteR

DarkwinteR

• Senpai
  • 1135 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 05:06 PM

But translating, timing and encoding it all on the same day is a little over the edge. They are crazy! :lol:
Posted Image

#52 LvB

LvB

ガッキー fanboy

• Senpai
  • 1702 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 05:14 PM

They're probably Starcraft players... :)

I can't wait for the last episode to be subbed! :wub: 3 hour long special. :lol:

Posted Image

#53 DarkwinteR

DarkwinteR

• Senpai
  • 1135 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 05:25 PM

They're probably Starcraft players... :)

I can't wait for the last episode to be subbed! :wub: 3 hour long special. :lol:

O.O

The soft-subs have'nt been released yet? WoW LanBreak must have been really busy...
Posted Image

#54 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 05:26 PM

@darkwinter: Well just to clarify one thing... If you have seen the Korean Subs (Timing) you can tell that they aren't great as their subs remain ONSCREEN even when no one is talking... Which doesn't take much time in well timing... That is why Chinese subs are a few days AFTER the raw because they actually do what most fansubbers do.. actually time so that the subs match the speech...

But as Lelouch vi Britannia mentioned... the languages are similar and I think I remember reading/hearing that English is the most difficult language... So that could be a reason why English subs take that much longer compared to Korean/Chinese subs.

EDIT:
@darkwinter: You haven't caught on huh? Lol the Soft and Hard subs are released at the SAME time.

#55 DarkwinteR

DarkwinteR

• Senpai
  • 1135 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 12:13 PM

Oh really? My bad ^^;
Posted Image

#56 sweetiexpixelzzz

sweetiexpixelzzz

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 01:27 AM

Thanks for the subs. =] Ugh! I'm still waiting for ep.11's subs! ><

#57 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 01:29 AM

@sweetiexpixelzzz: Hehe we are all still waiting for them ^^;

#58 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 02:53 AM

Any updates on the progress of the final episode? Halfway done translating? Three-fourths done translating? Encoding? QC'ing?

The raw version isn't that hard to understand but the subs will be great to clarify things.

Wonder if the whole Japanese/Korean thing has anything to do with the former Japanese occupation of Korea. Just watched Jonathan Ross' Asian Invasion Korean film program (If you liked Japanorama Asian Invasion is just as if not better).

#59 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 04:43 AM

@mixedmedia: Well I shouldn't really give a 'status' upon how far we are as things came up for the Translators (Life/ Work)... So there was a slight halt to it... But I requested to help out a bit and did what I could to speed up the process. ROUGH estimate as to how far the Translations are... I can safely say we are at ABOUT half way there in translations... Hehe definitely not in QC/Encoding stage yet. And I don't really want to constantly bug the Translators on Status as I would only be doing what some fans are, which is pressuring us to sped up the subs... As it is quite sad how some people really don't do anything but whine about a release... Sorry to point that out but yeah.. it really is bleh when it seems it is their life to have subs for one drama and 'acting' as if they really really have nothing to do... I'd recommend them go learn Japanese which will definitely save them time int he long run =/

But yeah once I hear more I'll keep you posted.

#60 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 07:18 AM

Thanks for the update. I will wait patiently until whoever is in charge of giving final approval is satisfied to release it especially since the quality of work is well worth the wait (well and also no one else is subbing it). Much appreciation to the translators undertaking such a task even though there was probably a collective groan as soon as it was announced that the final episode was to be '3 hours long'.

And cosign about people bitching about subbed versions not coming out at the same time as the raw when that effort could be used to improve their Japanese skills to where eventually they won't need subs and God forbid maybe actually translate/sub something themselves one day and give back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users