• Please log in to reply
1955 replies to this topic

#61 denadel

denadel

Sheki-Dol fan

• Senpai
  • 1128 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 11:58 AM

@SacredCultivator: I downloaded u-torrent, and it worked right away. Thank you for all your help with this problem. It was really nice of you helping me out. Thank you :P

www.hpoldschool.com (under construction)

#62 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 02:59 PM

@denadel: Np I just love helping people in anyway I can.
Hello!Fansubs is recruiting Translators and Karaoke-Typesetters, PM if interested.
OR if you need my assistance in fansubbing (QC/Encoding), let me know.

#63 iceymoon

iceymoon

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 148 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 09:16 PM

hello,

you might be able to tell i don't use the forums very much. xD; but i had a question.

is there any reason why torrent downloading would slow down all of a sudden? it used to take me 20 minutes to dowload something like a PV, and a few hours to download a concert. all of a sudden, trying to download the Sexy 8 Beat concert it told me it was going to take 25 days!! i was connected to 13 seeders, it said.

i tried changing ports and all sorts of stuff, but i gave up and decided to use a new program. i was using azureus before (because i like that it lets me choose which files to download from a torrent if i don't want them all), so it's my preferred program but if it's going to start taking a week to download 600mb, i guess i'm willing to switch (if it's really the program that's the problem, however, i don't know how it could change so drastically from one day to another)!

i'm on a mac. i'm using a torrent downloader called transmission now and it's definitely going faster, though not as fast as i used to be able to download. could it really have been azureus' fault, or is there any other reason why my downloads would slow down so drastically? i seed every day, so i can't imagine that it would be anything like that.

#64 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 10:44 PM

@iceymoon: Hehe First clue 'Torrents' it won't give you consistant speeds... Torrents relies on teh Seeders and Leechers and depending on who you connect to sort of 'determines' yours speeds..

Here are some scenarios to give you a sense.

(1) Seeder / (250) Leechers
If you are connected to lets say...
(0) Seeder / 1 (250) Then I would just assume that the speeds will be slow as that other Leecher might not have dl'ed anything..

And it is highly possible to have..

20(20) / 0 (100)
ANd have a speed of under 1kb as those seeders might have an extremely slow Upload speed.

In conclusion it depends on who you are connected to (YOu can't pick {Incase you'd think you can}) that determines your speeds so it fluctuates...

When directly downloading off Hosts it depends on the Hoster + traffic.. If Hoster is fast and there is no traffic then your speeds should reach max.. If Hoster is fast and there is a lot of traffic (Many people downloading) then you'll get slow speeds.

Hope that helps in one way or another hehe too busy to go in-depth.

Hello!Fansubs is recruiting Translators and Karaoke-Typesetters, PM if interested.

#65 iceymoon

iceymoon

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 148 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 09:59 AM

thank you. ^^ a thought like that did cross my mind, however i couldn't think why all of a sudden every file i downloaded was going painfully slow. if it were the case of my seeders having slow connections, then i would think that some of my files would be slow, while others more normal.

but if there is really no other reason why the torrents i've been downloading have gone by more slowly, then i guess that has to be the reason. :D in any case, switching to transmission has been doing me well so far! it finished downloading sexy 8 beat for me in 4 hours, and now that i've loaded my 600mb file, it says it will take 8 minutes when azureus was ETA-ing 6 days. xD any solution is a good solution, i suppose!

#66 rutger1985

rutger1985

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 12:27 AM

I noticed that I needed to change the adress of the announce url to https instead of http, but Utorrent still gives me an error now.
It states that there occurred an error in the secure channel support and I dont know what this means.
Can someone please help me with it? :wub:.

#67 krazyassgamer

krazyassgamer

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 674 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 05:25 AM

It seems that this issue was addressed already...somewhere...but I cannot seem to find a direct answer, so ill ask again...

Ive recently encountered a problem with a bunch of my uploads with a variation of the error message saying "Connection Error (FileNotFoundException:http://www.hello-online.org/announce.php?passkey=..." Im guessing it has something to do with the torrent files because the majority of of the files with this problem are older downloads. If it helps, I can tell you that I'm currently using azureus as my dl client.

Solutions will be greatly appreciated...
Posted Image
Everyone, I AM cute! - Kamei Eri, Haromoni@ 2008.03.30

#68 rpger81

rpger81

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 615 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 07:38 PM

It seems that this issue was addressed already...somewhere...but I cannot seem to find a direct answer, so ill ask again...

Ive recently encountered a problem with a bunch of my uploads with a variation of the error message saying "Connection Error (FileNotFoundException:http://www.hello-online.org/announce.php?passkey=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx&info_hash=zcY%F7%..." Im guessing it has something to do with the torrent files because the majority of of the files with this problem are older downloads. If it helps, I can tell you that I'm currently using azureus as my dl client.

Solutions will be greatly appreciated...

I'm not really familiar with Azureus, but according to your error I'd guess you'd need to update your torrents. The new tracker announce should be http://tracker.hello...number/announce

Just browse the tracker for the torrent and redownload it. Recheck the files in Azureus and it should start up once again.

PS: Might wanna remove your passkey number in your post.

yukirin.png
Thanks to BluCherri for the sig <3

#69 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 07:54 PM

@Krazyassgamer: Best do that as you do have a good ratio.. Others can use that and completely ruin your Ratio =X

#70 Desert-Raven

Desert-Raven

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 12:51 AM

I have a question that I'm sure the experts can answer.

I use uTorrent 1.6.1, and I find that I have no problem downloading, in fact if there are enough feeders, I can reach speeds of 1,200 Kb/sec, the problem is, that no matter what speed I'm downloading, whether it be 1,200 Kb/sec down to 2 Kb/sec, the rest of the internet runs so much slower than normal. Using a web browser (Internet Explorer or Firefox), is excruciatingly slow.

I'm using Windows :) by the way.

Does anyone know why this is happening, and how I can fix it?

Thanks,
D-R

#71 rpger81

rpger81

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 615 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 12:58 AM

I have a question that I'm sure the experts can answer.

I use uTorrent 1.6.1, and I find that I have no problem downloading, in fact if there are enough feeders, I can reach speeds of 1,200 Kb/sec, the problem is, that no matter what speed I'm downloading, whether it be 1,200 Kb/sec down to 2 Kb/sec, the rest of the internet runs so much slower than normal. Using a web browser (Internet Explorer or Firefox), is excruciatingly slow.

I'm using Windows :) by the way.

Does anyone know why this is happening, and how I can fix it?

Thanks,
D-R

It's your upload speed that causes your internet browsing to bog down. Just make sure your upload isn't on unlimited or else it will literally take it all. Generally you want to cap your upload speed to 80% of its maximum while downloading then do unlimited while pure seeding. Of course if you want to internet surf then you still need to cap it to something reasonable while pure seeding.

yukirin.png
Thanks to BluCherri for the sig <3

#72 kozi vampire

kozi vampire

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 06:19 PM

Hi

I use Bitcomet, I am downloading Sport festival 2004, at 40 - 50 kb but I try to download "Music fighter 2005 iroppoi jirettai" , "Motai momusu clean up" and "motai entertaiment" torrents. and only see "tracker not response"

somebody can help me? XD U

sorry for my poor english :blink:

#73 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 07:18 PM

@kozi vampire: I can be wrong but... Maybe your Penalty Delay is at play...

#74 kozi vampire

kozi vampire

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 11:03 PM

@kozi vampire: I can be wrong but... Maybe your Penalty Delay is at play...

Since yesterday : "8 hour delay"

:good: but it hasn´t change since yesterday, and I sharing one .Iso

#75 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 11:06 PM

@kozi vampire: You said you are currently sharing/seeding an ISO? Cause your stats show nothing which can already mean a problem with your Router/Port Forwarding...

#76 LvB

LvB

ガッキー fanboy

• Senpai
  • 1702 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 10:55 PM

Did H!O ban Bit Tornado recently or something? I suddenly can't use Bit Tornado to connect to any H!O torrents, and if I do, they download at 2-10 KB/s max as opposed to my normal 600 KB/s. And uploading is stuck at 5 KB/s while my norm. is 80-90 KB/s. =\ I downloaded uTorrents and everything seems to be working now, but I'm just curious if something happened to Bit Tornado.

Posted Image

#77 rnwc

rnwc

1st gen member

• Senpai
  • 577 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 05:48 AM

Did H!O ban Bit Tornado recently or something? I suddenly can't use Bit Tornado to connect to any H!O torrents, and if I do, they download at 2-10 KB/s max as opposed to my normal 600 KB/s. And uploading is stuck at 5 KB/s while my norm. is 80-90 KB/s. =\ I downloaded uTorrents and everything seems to be working now, but I'm just curious if something happened to Bit Tornado.

You sure your isp wasn't just throttling p2p files? That is the main culprit most of the time.

#78 LvB

LvB

ガッキー fanboy

• Senpai
  • 1702 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 09:01 AM

I guess it's possible that AT&T is trying to screw with me since my internet went haywire a week ago. But why would uTorrent work as opposed to Bit Tornado? <3 Ah well, I'm using uTorrent now and I find it a lot better. So maybe it was a sign from God telling me to change torrent clients.. XD

Posted Image

• Guests (Not logged in)

Posted 08 August 2007 - 07:43 PM

i'm having some trouble with the dht system my account info say i have a 16 hours delay
i would rather upload more and lower my wait but the first torrent i downloaded here(long time ago before it became a private tracker)
no longer exists so i can't upload more my ratio is 0.36 with 2Gb+ uploaded

i have waited the 16 hours and updated the tracker and i had status>>
"dht not allowed"
"hostname not found"

Posted Image
can anyone tell me how to fix this?
i really really want those files =//

#80 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 07:47 PM

@IxXDEATHXxI: This is a Private Tracker so DHT isn't allowed =P That is normal.

And you have to redownload the Torrent as the hostname not found because your Tracker doesn't have a passkey which is the reason for that I think.

So just redownload the torrent and wait maybe another 16h and it should then work.
(I could be sooooo wrong though lol still sleepy)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users