• Please log in to reply
1955 replies to this topic

#41 Ray no baka

Ray no baka

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 02:22 AM

Um.. hey guys. I don't know if this fits in here but I don't know where else to ask this :lol:. I am trying to upload a torrent onto the tracker but it says that I have an invalid announce url! must be http://www.hello-onl...rg/announce.php . Can anybody tell me what to do or what I'm doing wrong to cause this problem? I don't fully understand how the uploading thing works :sob:. TY

#42 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 02:48 AM

Can't find the other thread/place where this was explained.

Download 'Make Torrent'

and simply input that Tracker: 'http://www.hello-onl...rg/announce.php'
into the Announce URL location.

Afterward just upload the Torrent File (Not the FileItself) onto the Tracker and redownload the Torrent and presto.

Hello!Fansubs is recruiting Translators and Karaoke-Typesetters, PM if interested.
OR if you need my assistance in fansubbing (QC/Encoding), let me know.

#43 Ray no baka

Ray no baka

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 06:39 AM

arigatou gozaimasu! Yeah... I was able to read the other posts, but I couldn't understand... <3

#44 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 06:42 AM

No problem, just helping out.Just glad I could provide you with assistance.
Hello!Fansubs is recruiting Translators and Karaoke-Typesetters, PM if interested.

#45 WabukiSensei

WabukiSensei

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 02:03 PM

Hi guys, I need some help. Just recently I haven't been able to download anything from hello online. I use utorrent and have followed the instructions provided in this thread and it worked perfectly until last night. I am unable to see any peers and the tracker status says: An error occured in the secure channel support.

The thing is, I can seed perfectly with no problem.

Any suggestions? My ratio is around 1.5 and i've uploaded gigs worth of data.

Many thanks

#46 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 02:59 PM

@WabukiSensei: Yeah someone else has this problem, dunno about that, you can find that thread Here

#47 mzpinay x3

mzpinay x3

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 408 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 11:56 PM

I'm sooooooo confused.

I downloaded the utorrent and I can't get past the speed guide thing. I did the speed test and I didn't know what to do after that. <_<

And I clicked the "Test if you port if forwarded properly" button and it said it's not open, so I didn't know what to put in place of the numbers that were already there.

Help please. :]

[I just continued and tryed to download a torrent, it didn't work.. sooo I knew I did something wrong.]
reina x3

#48 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 12:00 AM

@mzpinay x3: Hmm not too sure how to help as the Speed Guid eis based upon your Upload Speed which you can find out through numerous sites, such as SpeedTest.

And the testing that is on your Router for sure... So you will need to access your Router and open the Port for the number that is in that Box next to 'Test Your Speed' or connection forget the term...

EDIT: Oh great! My tutorial is still available,

Maybe This will help a bit.

#49 draven

draven

8th gen member

• Uploader
  • 15 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 07:23 PM

i have a really strange problem with a torrent :

http://www.hello-onl...mp;torrent=7784

when i try to upload ( seed ) my torrent , i get an error message :
[erno http error] 404 "not found"

i had no problem with a torrent which i've uploaded a few hours ago .
and i don't have any problems with other torrents .
i use µTorrent to create the torrent and didn't change any settings .

seems like other people can download the torrent and connect to the tracker without problems .
already deleted my cookies , redownloaded the torrrent and tried for 3 times to make a new torrent .

right now i don't have any idea what's going wrong .

EDIT : just noticed something ... i can't seed with bittornado 0.3.17 , but i can seed with µtorrent :good:
but like i said before , i have the 404 error only with this torrent .

#50 haku

haku

CEO

• Headquarters
  • 710 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 11:20 PM

sounds like bittornado messes up the announce url or something. ^^;

#51 draven

draven

8th gen member

• Uploader
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 07:27 AM

really strange

i don't have any problems with the new torrent i'm seeding right now ,
but i still get the error message with the other torrent :sob:

everything else works without any problems .

whatever caused this problem , it's seems to be gone ( for now ) .

#52 haku

haku

CEO

• Headquarters
  • 710 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 08:54 AM

Well, I don't think it has anything to do with the tracker. More the torrent you uploaded :/

#53 draven

draven

8th gen member

• Uploader
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 09:42 AM

yep , seems like bittornado doesn't like this torrent file . but i have no idea what's the reason .
used the same tool and settings to create the torrent . and after the first problem i made a new torrent file,
but had the same problems .

maybe i should blame windows :blink: :blink:

• Guests (Not logged in)

Posted 09 June 2007 - 06:25 AM

hi! noob here.
Came across this problem once.
answer: go to alt/ctrl/del to bring up "task manager"
on "processes" tab, check to see how many "btdownloadgui" are running.
turn them off, then restart your download.
cheers.

[erno http error]

#55 denadel

denadel

Sheki-Dol fan

• Senpai
  • 1128 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 08:43 PM

Hi!

I am trying to upload torrents, but i just cant do it.
I follow a tutorial posted in this forum, but I just cant make it work. Its frustrating because i do not know what i do wrong :sob:

The problem is that i have to download the torrent from here to make it work, and that is where it goes wrong (i think).

It puts me as a leecher, when i should be a seeder.

I make the torrent like i am supposed to. I move the torrent file in the same folder as the pv. Then i delete it and download the same one from the tracker. I put that one in the same folder as the pv. then i re-check it. And it just is stuck..

Can anyone please help me out with this problem?

www.hpoldschool.com (under construction)

#56 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 08:46 PM

@Denadel: Thanks for following my Tutorials but emm when you have it recheck the PV... does the Percentage even change? Or stuck at 0?

And when you download the torrent from the Tracker and it loads to your Torrent Client you direct the location to the PV(FILE) not just the folder it is in right?

#57 denadel

denadel

Sheki-Dol fan

• Senpai
  • 1128 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 09:44 AM

@Denadel: Thanks for following my Tutorials but emm when you have it recheck the PV... does the Percentage even change? Or stuck at 0?

And when you download the torrent from the Tracker and it loads to your Torrent Client you direct the location to the PV(FILE) not just the folder it is in right?

Yeah, the percentage change, but it sets me as a peer when i should be a seeder.

What I do is I make sure the torrent have the same name as the file. I put the newly downloaded torrent in the folder of the pv by using advanced>file>move torrent. Then i re-check the torrent and this happens.

I do not direct tthe location to the pv (file), it wont let me do that. It only allows me to choose the correct folder.

How do I direct it directly to the pv?

#58 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 02:11 PM

@denadel: You don't even need the .torrent to be the same name as your file nor have it in the same directory.. When you download the .torrent off H!O it should just load to your Client and you can choose where to download the .torrent to (directory) in which you would direct it to the file itself... and not the directory... At least to my knowledge you should be able to direct it to a specific file...

#59 denadel

denadel

Sheki-Dol fan

• Senpai
  • 1128 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 09:14 PM

^Thanks again for tryin gto help out.

I am using azureus, and this just doesnt work. I tried bitcomet, but too complicated.
Also, there shouldn't be any problems using azureus, right?

It wont let me download it to a specific file.. Only lets me choose a directory.

Its extremely frustrating, because this shouldnt be this hard, should it?!

What i do is this:
#I create a torrent using azureus (file>new torrent. I choose the announce url, choose the file, next, and it creates a torrent).
#I upload it to the tracker.
#I download it from the tracker.
# I delete the original torrent file from the folder (where also the file itself is).
#i move the new torrent (by chooosing advanced>files>move torrent file) to the folder containing the pv (aka original file)
# I re-check the torrent.

And that is where it stops!! When i press play the file checks up to 100 % and then put me as a peer, when i should be a seeder!

#60 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 10:12 PM

@Denadel: Hmm well I gave up on Azureus FAST after utorrent came out.. But anyway... Your steps seem correct except-

"#i move the new torrent (by chooosing advanced>files>move torrent file) to the folder containing the pv (aka original file)'

I am saying this as a uTorrent user so I dunno if same as Azureus, but you don't select the Directory that the File is in but you select the File Itself. But as you mentioned you can't... So dunno where all teh Azureus users are as they will be better off helping you than me >< but knowing me I always try to help in anyway possible...

But when you mention that it places you as a Leecher, are you pretty much 'Re-Downloading' the file or you are at like 99.9%?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users