Ol' Dirty Pepto

Looking to create H!O's version of the Wu-Tang Clan

• Senpai
  • 1610 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 03:45 AM

that Nov 6 release date is false!

http://www.gamespot....ws/6153605.html
Join the Wu!Project...Three Spots Still Open, PM for more information
Listen to the H!O Podcast at the thread!
http://www.hello-onl...?showtopic=6332
Or Go Straight To the Episodes!
http://helloonline.m....com/index.html <---- New Episode Every Saturday Night: Check Your Local Listings

#82 Van Demonium

Van Demonium

5th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 101 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 06:34 PM

O.k. I am looking forward to the Wii because what I see is a new depth in gameplay.
Being able to play pilotwings with fully interactive control is making me almost dance with excitement :blush

This is a Wii topic so please, 'Guin, just shut it.

Oh and by the way, I do all my own research and make up my own mind about everything in my life and playing video games is one of four things that I excell at. So I am not going to have a battle of wits with someone who is clearly unarmed.

You live in America. Which part? America consists of North America AND South America so your statement of being American is both misleading and ambiguous. The Native language is one that has ORIGINATED FROM THAT COUNTRY! AND saying that someone speaks Native American Indian is a way of encompassing all Native American Indian languages (Beothuk, Cheyenne & Shawnee to name a few) :c06:

LONG LIVE THE WII
"I'm just watching a bad dream i'll never wake up from" - Spike Spiegel.
小川麻琴 forever.
Check out my band -

#83 rahvin

rahvin

4th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 254 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 06:42 PM

are you sick in the head 'Guin ? get a life you sad piece of crap. if you dont want to make friends then dont post. no one will miss your sad rants any more than i will. this is a Wii thread. i hope i dont have to repeat that. if you keep going on about any other consoles or any more personal remarks i might just close this thing down. i hope it doesnt come to that. so please DONT COME BACK.

by the way Van Demonium, please dont encourage him. its not worth it
Posted Image SIMPLY THE BEST

#84 pichichi

pichichi

Love life!

• Senpai
  • 563 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 10:49 PM

Anyway, I have -one- friend here and have neither the need nor the desire to make any more. He was right in telling me not to expect high IQs 'round here. Blech. :c06:

Making such a statement without knowing the majority of people here is just plain silly.

How would you like it if someone call your whole family dumb without knowing them just because of your actions?

You and your friend should understand that other forum members are not robots. Each one has their own opinions and each person should respect a differing opinion. Nobody is right all the time.

If you do feel that people are beneath you here in intellilenge, there are many other forums on the net that will better serve you and your friend.

Posted Image

#85 rahvin

rahvin

4th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 254 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 11:05 PM

thank you pichichi
back to the Wii chat on here then people....i'll do some more research and make a post soon i promise.

#86 Van Demonium

Van Demonium

5th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 101 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 11:10 PM

I am here to apologise to everyone including 'Guin. I am Sorry. Please accept my total lack of political correctness and candor as nothing more than the ramblings of a man who has seen so much evil in the world. With this post I sincerely apologise. I am Sorry.

Right. With that out of the way I would like to ask people what they would most like to see in a Wii game
i.e. - Using the 'Red Steel sword style control' in Zelda. And so on and so on.

And Pepto Bismol, any ideas for other words other than 'gamer'?
小川麻琴 forever.
Check out my band -

#87 Ol' Dirty Pepto

Ol' Dirty Pepto

• Senpai
  • 1610 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 12:02 AM

@ Guin: I dont care what it is. As long as it is not used by ads & doesnt sound stupid.

I would want Blitz the League for Wii because I can smack people with the helmet, and straight up inject the juice into my player with the Wii remote. If Blitz is on the Wii, and it doesnt do that, that is stupid.

And I just want to play WarioWare.
http://helloonline.m....com/index.html <---- New Episode Every Saturday Night: Check Your Local Listings

#88 'Guin

'Guin

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 08:29 AM

are you sick in the head 'Guin ? get a life you sad piece of crap. if you dont want to make friends then dont post. no one will miss your sad rants any more than i will. this is a Wii thread. i hope i dont have to repeat that. if you keep going on about any other consoles or any more personal remarks i might just close this thing down. i hope it doesnt come to that. so please DONT COME BACK.

by the way Van Demonium, please dont encourage him. its not worth it

What does making friends have to do with posting. Since when was trying to make friends the requirement for posting on a message board. BLECH. My reply to the rest of your post is: Hypocrite. :c06: :rolleyes

Making such a statement without knowing the majority of people here is just plain silly.

How would you like it if someone call your whole family dumb without knowing them just because of your actions?

You and your friend should understand that other forum members are not robots. Each one has their own opinions and each person should respect a differing opinion. Nobody is right all the time.

If you do feel that people are beneath you here in intellilenge, there are many other forums on the net that will better serve you and your friend.

He's been around for ages, so I feel his opinion on the population is an informed one, and few if any people are posting/replying in a way that contradicts his statements. I suppose you could argue that I was predisposed to disliking/not getting along with the posters here *shrug*.

If someone that didn't know my family and called them dumb I'd cackle. They'd be uninformed which renders their statements meaningless. Especially considering the fact that it's not true. If you take things like that to heart then you're in for one hell of a sad life.

I am here to apologise to everyone including 'Guin. I am Sorry. Please accept my total lack of political correctness and candor as nothing more than the ramblings of a man who has seen so much evil in the world. With this post I sincerely apologise. I am Sorry.

Right. With that out of the way I would like to ask people what they would most like to see in a Wii game
i.e. - Using the 'Red Steel sword style control' in Zelda. And so on and so on.

Ugh, please keep political correctness as far away from your posts as humanly possible. I want to take the person that coined that phrase and spit in his or her mouth :c06:

*Shrug* All I did was respond to points made in the topic, I didn't drive the course or flow of the discussion as it dissolved into what it did. Heh, as for what I'd want to see in a title for the worstconsolenameever, how about something that qualifies as a proof of concept?

Actually, let me stretch that, how about more than one title that qualifies as a proof of concept? Wario Ware is a total proof of concept for the system's control interface. Zelda? No. Red Steel? No. It's gimmicky junk. I'm not seeing a massive surge of "innovation" here. :rolleyes

Show me the Meteos, Nintendogs or Brain Age of that console and regardless of how much I dry heave when thinking the name I'll have one in my room. Just don't get misguided and think that Nintendo's going to spring up and stomp a console line that sold five times the amount in the previous generation. :rolleyes

@ Guin: I dont care what it is. As long as it is not used by ads & doesnt sound stupid.

Uh, wrong person :huh
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
PEN'Guin

#89 Ol' Dirty Pepto

Ol' Dirty Pepto

• Senpai
  • 1610 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 05:43 PM

sorry about that. @ Van: what I said before.

#90 toxic025

toxic025

Haterz!Online

• Senpai
  • 8026 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 08:38 PM

huh... I can't wait for the Wii myself. I probably get this first out of all the next gen systems. Since its the cheapest and I'm a Nintendo fanboy.

Out of all games I want to play most is of course Mario. And that Red Steel game. Sounds fun running around cutting people up.

racequeen.jpg

#91 Ol' Dirty Pepto

Ol' Dirty Pepto

• Senpai
  • 1610 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 10:29 PM

Red Steel would intrest me if there was Blood

#92 toxic025

toxic025

Haterz!Online

• Senpai
  • 8026 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 02:24 AM

Red Steel would intrest me if there was Blood

There won't be any blood in the game? That would suck if you cut people up and theres no blood. But then again it is Nintendo and they were always known for their family friendly games.

racequeen.jpg

#93 Van Demonium

Van Demonium

5th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 101 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 03:12 AM

With Red Steel, are the rumours about not having total control of the fighting true?
Do you have to follow certain patterns to make certain moves?

p.s. my last post was almost all sardonic. Except for my query to PB
小川麻琴 forever.
Check out my band -

#94 pichichi

pichichi

Love life!

• Senpai
  • 563 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 05:28 AM

He's been around for ages, so I feel his opinion on the population is an informed one, and few if any people are posting/replying in a way that contradicts his statements. I suppose you could argue that I was predisposed to disliking/not getting along with the posters here *shrug*.

I wouldn't say 'argue', its more like a discussion of differing opinions on this forum.

Even though I have bad experiences with other forums, I kept an open mind on what to expect here. I been here for a couple of months with little or no problems with others. I also take into consideration that there not everybody here has English as a first language so problems and misunderstandings can take place. There are people that don't think before posting, I just do my best to ignore them. I wouldn't judge them stupid either.

Since forums are a place where we have to interact with each other, its best to just let things go and try to get along with others. Over time it becomes easier, thats what I found out.

You shouldn't force yourself to keep coming to a place that you already don't like.

Sure there will be some that seem to love irriatating others but its only the net. I just let things go if someone disagrees. If there is still a disagreement, then just move on.

Anyways, this post is getting off-topic...

:c16: pichichi :c16:

Posted Image

#95 Sev

Sev

Graduated member

• Validating
  • 3639 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 01:23 PM

With Red Steel, are the rumours about not having total control of the fighting true?
Do you have to follow certain patterns to make certain moves?

I'm so sure I've talked about this a couple of pages back (I need to find it). Well anyway.. the rumours are true from what I know. Certain patterns will initiate certain moves. Just like a button does in a normal game. Wich more or less removes the use of the nunchuck. This was confirmed during E3. The developers might change the control for the final version. Hopfully there'll be both blood and fully dynamic sword fights in it.

#96 Van Demonium

Van Demonium

5th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 101 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 06:30 PM

With the point of discussions in this topic I do like to have a civilised discussion but I hate it when people state things that are not true. Such as stating someone is a Nintendo 'fanboy' when they don't even know the person. Unless you know someone you can not judge what they are like. So leave that to mindreaders and madmen and get on with discussing Wii :blush

Is everyone looking forward to playing the classic games (nes, snes, N64) on the Wii?

Pepto Bismol: how about a word used to describe someone who plays the Wii - Wiier, Wiiing, Wiiest?
小川麻琴 forever.
Check out my band -

#97 rahvin

rahvin

4th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 254 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 08:15 PM

i agree, lets keep this as a Wii thread and just try to ignore the fools *looks at 'Guin* who have nothing better to do than moan at people who he thinks have a low IQ. sad.

so far, red steel looks to be a bit on the cheap side to me. the idea of using the wiimote as a sword was very exciting at first....but it doesnt look as though THIS GAME will deliver the experience as first anticipated. corners will be cut...which is a shame.

But there are plenty of other games to look forward to....i wonder which will make best use of the new controllers? to be honest, i have a feeling that zelda will overshadow the rest of the titles on launch day, which is also a shame. Although being a great game...its just not a Wii game. i would rather it was just on gamecube (which deserved one more great game). oh well. maybe we will have to wait a bit before something really amazing comes out that couldnt possibly be done on any other console. or perhaps what is on offer already will be awesome enough. You just can't tell untill you play the Wii YOURSELF. even people who have been calling it a gimmick this whole time might change their minds once they actually get to sample the controller for themselves.

something tells me that nintendo have come up with something special. :crying i just cant wait till launch day...

#98 Ol' Dirty Pepto

Ol' Dirty Pepto

• Senpai
  • 1610 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 08:08 PM

im looking forward to playing both the classics (It would be cool to hit Ganon's energy ball at him with the Wii remote if The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is on the list, and able to use the remote.) and the new ones. SSBB & most of the games named before including Red Steel if blood was in the game.

And we do not need a name for ppl who play certain concoles. To identify ppl who prefer to play a certain concole is stupid. The word gamer was good, until adverstising to twist the word, and destroy it.

And for the next-gen era, this might be the first time I get all major home concoles since, the N64, PS1 & Dremcast (But Dreamcast is more of a half-step from the past to present gen.) Of course if I had the money to get all 3.

#99 toxic025

toxic025

Haterz!Online

• Senpai
  • 8026 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 02:04 AM

Did Nintendo say how much are they gonna charge for the old Nintendo games? They say you can download it via WiFi and stuff like that but didn't say price. I hope it doesn't go for $20 each like it did for the GBA classics series.

racequeen.jpg

#100 Scepter

Scepter

5th gen member

• Senpai
  • 153 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 03:19 PM

It's almost impossible to create a dynamic swordfight system for Wii. Or atleast a realistic one.

See, when the swords clash in the game, the "sword" on real life (Wii controller) keeps going on. This resets the center point of the sword and the system messes up.
Risa Recommends:http://www.denness.net/scrobblersig/username/Citadel/labelcolor/6666FF/trackcolor/000000/backgroundcolor/#EEF1F6/backgroundtransparent/0.png
Posted Image
Yo. Please support my band :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users