• Please log in to reply
246 replies to this topic

#41 Sev

Sev

Graduated member

• Validating
  • 3639 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 11:55 AM

Well, what do you think it should be called? :)

i think it should be called the nintendo CHARMIKI.

if this makes no sense to you read the bottom part of this page...lol
http://www.hello-onl...pic=968&st=1020

Still makes no sense to me. What does Miki slapping Rika's butt have to do with the Wii? :huh

#42 Ol' Dirty Pepto

Ol' Dirty Pepto

Looking to create H!O's version of the Wu-Tang Clan

• Senpai
  • 1610 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 03:47 PM

so you can make the motion to smack that...... :unsure butt!

I might get one if I had the money b/c of a few games

Super Mario Galaxy (working title)

Super Smash Bros. Brawl justy b/c I have the previous 2, its SSB & Solid Snake

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Sonic Wild Fire (working title)

WarioWare: Smooth Moves
Join the Wu!Project...Three Spots Still Open, PM for more information
Listen to the H!O Podcast at the thread!
http://www.hello-onl...?showtopic=6332
Or Go Straight To the Episodes!
http://helloonline.m....com/index.html <---- New Episode Every Saturday Night: Check Your Local Listings

#43 rahvin

rahvin

4th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 254 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 09:56 PM

Well, what do you think it should be called? :D

i think it should be called the nintendo CHARMIKI.

if this makes no sense to you read the bottom part of this page...lol
http://www.hello-onl...pic=968&st=1020

Still makes no sense to me. What does Miki slapping Rika's butt have to do with the Wii? :huh

LOL dont worry about it.....i wasnt referring to the smacking butt part.....just the combination of names which makes a funny word that sounds like a pokemon. anyway.......back to the wii chat.

those games mentioned above do look good i agree. i would also look out for RED STEEL. look it up
Posted Image SIMPLY THE BEST

#44 Sev

Sev

Graduated member

• Validating
  • 3639 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 10:10 PM

I've heard mostly bad things about Red Steel. How the story is pretty week and stuff like that. And the worst part being the sword fighting. The Wii controller should be able to make the sword fights really dynamic and free, but from what I've heard you're gonna have to make specific movements with the controller to initiate certain attacks, much alike pushing a button, except it being a lot more advanced. To me.. that just sounds week. But the game isn't finnished so I suppose the developers still got a lot of stuff to improve. We can just hope it'll awsome when it's released. :D

#45 rahvin

rahvin

4th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 254 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 10:44 PM

I've heard mostly bad things about Red Steel. How the story is pretty week and stuff like that. And the worst part being the sword fighting. The Wii controller should be able to make the sword fights really dynamic and free, but from what I've heard you're gonna have to make specific movements with the controller to initiate certain attacks, much alike pushing a button, except it being a lot more advanced. To me.. that just sounds week. But the game isn't finnished so I suppose the developers still got a lot of stuff to improve. We can just hope it'll awsome when it's released. :D

yeah i have i feeling you are right, it COULD be a very good game, but from the footage so far i can see a few weaknesses. one to look out for though and a good launch title. i mean , since when did NINTENDO support games with guns and violence? a bold move which is shows that nintendo isnt all about baby games

#46 Ol' Dirty Pepto

Ol' Dirty Pepto

• Senpai
  • 1610 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 06:08 PM

Red Steel has no blood. You cant have a name like " Red Steel " if you dont have any blood. If you watch gameplay footage, no blood to be found.
http://helloonline.m....com/index.html <---- New Episode Every Saturday Night: Check Your Local Listings

#47 rahvin

rahvin

4th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 254 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 11:24 PM

maybe the red is referring to something other than blood, or even the fact that there is no blood. i think they are trying to show that blood and gore are not required to make a violent game. i dunno....maybe you end up getting a sword that is actaully.....red. :huh

#48 Sev

Sev

Graduated member

• Validating
  • 3639 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 11:39 PM

First person shooters without blood and gore is like GAM without legs. It's just wrong..

#49 rahvin

rahvin

4th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 254 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 12:36 AM

LOL. you have a point. but nintendo just want to make their games available to all age groups, which is a good thing.

i mean, if you show a 13 year old boy GAMs legs.......he would have a heart attack :XD:
some thing just have to be left out.....(but not GAMs legs please) :wink:

#50 Sev

Sev

Graduated member

• Validating
  • 3639 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 12:50 AM

Well that's one of the problems in the world of gaming today. Developers and distributers worries too much about who'll buy it (not very strange but anyway). So sometimes content that belong in the games are removed just coz the distributer really want that T (teen) on the back of it.

My point is that if you're 13, then you should stick to games made for a 13 year old. And that includes not only the content, but the idea of the game aswell. And besides.. It's up to the parents anyway. I played lot's of gory games when I was 13, and that's coz my peeps knew that I could handle it. Some kids have a bigger problem sorting what's game and what's real, and those maybe shouldn't play games at all(?).

Nah. If the game I'm playing is about gunning down people and slicing them up with my Katana (Red Steel), it better have some blood and gore. Otherwise I could just play LocoRoco (awsome game btw) instead.
XD

#51 Ol' Dirty Pepto

Ol' Dirty Pepto

• Senpai
  • 1610 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 01:28 AM

LocoRoco is one kickass game! (Oh crap, could I say that? )

13 year olds play 13 year old made games. But we all know they want some Mortal Kombat with a side of some GAM legs. If they know what GAM legs are. Otherwise they will look at any good looking legs. But everyone should play LocoRoco & ByteHell 2000 ( Japanese Version ) or WTF ( Word Time Fun. American Version )

#52 rahvin

rahvin

4th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 254 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 02:14 AM

when i was 13 i played all kinds of games. some babyish (like mario 64) and some more adult (like resident evil). it never effected me whatever i played (i hope) and thats because i was able to cope with blood and gore......i understand that some kids might not though, even though they want to play a game like red steel.

what i would sugget to nintendo is that they have an option to turn blood on/off, so that people who really need to see blood can satisfy there sickness to kingdom come. XD

#53 'Guin

'Guin

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 07:03 AM

'Guin.

If you want to believe that the saturn controller was true analogue then o.k. It was advertised as analogue so I can see your misunderstanding. :wink: This topic is all about Wii (ha ha) and lets not get into the ambiguous name.

Well, what do you think it should be called? XD

Blech, not even going to humor the beginning of your post :c06:. I don't really know *shrug*, even though "Revolution" was one of the worst "code names" for a console I'd prefer that to the absolutely abominable name they decided for the final. N5 would have even been better, hell - Nintendo: ON - was a better name and that was a hoax.

A friend and co worker of mine is a hard core Nintendo fanboy. He was completely dumb struck when the name hit and even concedes to this day that it's the worst name he's ever heard. I could even, MAYBE, let it pass (I'd never buy a console or a game for it in a store, I couldn't stand the humiliation.) if there was a SINGLE piece of compelling software presented at E3. The games don't even LOOK Next-Gen. And don't twist that into thinking I mean photorealistic. I mean NEXT GENERATION. As though they couldn't be done on a console out today.

I'm also not internet for the idea of buying a bunch more of Nintendo's 1 shot peripherals (they're the WORST in the entire industry with that). Nor am I psyched with the idea of having a million little gidgey gadgets lying about my room desperately trying to find a place to call home.

BLECH.

LOL. you have a point. but nintendo just want to make their games available to all age groups, which is a good thing.

i mean, if you show a 13 year old boy GAMs legs.......he would have a heart attack :XD:
some thing just have to be left out.....(but not GAMs legs please) :wink:

What do Nintendo's wants have to do with the wants of 3rd parties? Nintendo isn't developing Red Steel, Ubisoft is. Heh.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
PEN'Guin

#54 rahvin

rahvin

4th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 254 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 07:11 AM

the Wii doesnt claim to be NEXT GENERATION. in fact, it removes itself from the console wars entirely. instead, it offers an ALTERNATIVE for those people (and there are many) who are absolutely sick of the gaming industry today. the point that nintendo are trying to make is that.....
BETTER GRAPHICS DOES NOT MEAN BETTER GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :c06:
have fun playing the same old games 'Guin with better graphics. it will get very boring one of these days...

by the way, ubisoft is making red steel under close scrutiny by nintendo. thats why there is no blood. if you watched all of the E3 stuff you would know that 'Guin...

#55 'Guin

'Guin

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 07:21 AM

the Wii doesnt claim to be NEXT GENERATION. in fact, it removes itself from the console wars entirely. instead, it offers an ALTERNATIVE for those people (and there are many) who are absolutely sick of the gaming industry today. the point that nintendo are trying to make is that.....
BETTER GRAPHICS DOES NOT MEAN BETTER GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :c06:
have fun playing the same old games 'Guin with better graphics. it will get very boring one of these days...

It certainly does claim to be Next Generation. It's not "Removed" from the "Console wars" and its horsepower certainly backs your final statement. As for there being "many" people internet for it. What, the 20 million Gamecube owners? A few million bored housewives? What exact target audience do you think Nintendo's going to magically pull from? Half the people I know that don't play games (Nintendo's reaching for these types) can't get past the fit of laughter they chime into after hearing the name.

I wonder how much Nintendo's market share will decline this generation.

I also love how you immediately jump to "Better graphics does not mean better games" even though I expressly stated that I wasn't talking about photo-realistic imagery. That's all the Nintendo fanboys cling to, that pathetic statement that they lob around like a hand grenade every time they can't drop a peg to stand on. Simply put, more horsepower does == higher potential for a better game.

It works as simple as that. The more powerful the console the bigger the canvas on which a developer can paint their vision of gaming. I'm anxious to see what developers that create real art, like Team ICO, Konami and Capcom will be able to pull off on more powerful hardware. I'm beyond eager to see what the likes of CLOVER will be bringing to the next generation. Have you SEEN Okami? Shadow of the Colossus? Ico? Games that bend what are considered the norms of gaming and thrust the player into awe inspiring worlds are what I'm looking foward to.

I'll be enjoying the fruits of the hardware while you're wiggling around another random peripheral Nintendo jams down the throats of the consumers.

Blech, more power == more freedom of expression for the artists.

by the way, ubisoft is making red steel under close scrutiny by nintendo. thats why there is no blood. if you watched all of the E3 stuff you would know that 'Guin...

Right, that's why heads didn't explode like watermelons in Resident Evil 4, too? Oh wait, they did. No. You're wrong. Sorry to disappoint you. Ubisoft could be putting as much blood into the game as they wanted to, Nintendo'd have no say. They're doing it at most so that they can ditch the M rating and go for a T so more people can play it.
PEN'Guin

#56 rahvin

rahvin

4th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 254 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 07:50 AM

wow 'guin.....your a real pain.
i already told you that if you want better graphics then go ahead and ignore the Wii...but there's no need to try and put people off. as for the target audience, i admit nintendo are taking a risk going after new gamers...but i like the fact that they are trying to change the image of the typical gamer. i mean admit it, when most people (non-gamers) think of gamers they think of nerds stuck in their room all day playing some sad crap by themselves because they have no friends.
if nintendo can open up the market just a little bit and change the image of gaming (even if still being a little babyish) then thats a positive. dont complain about it, just wait and see. you never know, you might just like it.... :lol:

#57 'Guin

'Guin

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 08:06 AM

wow 'guin.....your a real pain.
i already told you that if you want better graphics then go ahead and ignore the Wii...but there's no need to try and put people off. as for the target audience, i admit nintendo are taking a risk going after new gamers...but i like the fact that they are trying to change the image of the typical gamer. i mean admit it, when most people (non-gamers) think of gamers they think of nerds stuck in their room all day playing some sad crap by themselves because they have no friends.
if nintendo can open up the market just a little bit and change the image of gaming (even if still being a little babyish) then thats a positive. dont complain about it, just wait and see. you never know, you might just like it.... :lol:

There you go again RIGHT back to it. I just, for the SECOND time corrected you and you did it AGAIN. When will you Nintendo fanboys EVER learn? For the love of pete what parts of

"And don't twist that into thinking I mean photorealistic."

and

the ENTIRE second half of my last post are you so LOST on? Are you really so totally incapable of understanding very simple statements written in English? Do I have to break it down further for you? It's hilarious that you Nintendrones always drift toward the "Better graphics" arguments even when someone SAYS they aren't LOOKING for that. Is that all you REALLY think a next generation console can provide? Prettier graphics? What about higher degrees of interactivity? Bigger, more expansive, thought out and art filled worlds? More freedom for artistic expression? More freedom for general creativity?

Sheesh, you characters are really pathetic sometimes. Oh, and Nintendo's been on this "path" of yours since they started and, from the looks of things:

The NES sold 60 million.
The SNES sold nearly 50 million.
The N64 sold 35 million.
The GC sold a mere 20 million.

They aren't doing a very good job.
PEN'Guin

#58 rahvin

rahvin

4th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 254 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 04:20 PM

i am not a fanboy i can assure you.
i own a playsatation 2 and there are many games i like on it. im not saying that PS3 will be crap, im just saying that from what i have seen i havent been impressed or excited by it. the Wii seems to be changing direction....which should hopefully improve nintendo's sales (which i think they deserve for thinking differently). if you are happy with the way video games are being taken by sony and microsoft then good for you. BUT I AM NOT. its just not as exciting as it used to be when new consoles were announced. and ive heard the same from many people.

i think you ('Guin) have a view of me (someone who you really dont know) that i am some kind of nintendo maniac....but i am honestly not. so i think you have been quite rude really. there's no need to try and nit-pick at everyone's points all the time. all you have done on this thread is correct people on minor things. its pointless. if you dont want a Wii then dont bloody get one. everyone has their own opinion about the Wii...if you have nothing constructive to say then dont waste your time....

AND WHO THE HELL ARE YOU TO TALK TO ME ABOUT ENGLISH? YOUR NOT EVEN FROM ENGLAND...

#59 Van Demonium

Van Demonium

5th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 101 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 06:12 PM

Indeed.

I am not a nintendo fanboy either but I can appreciate their games for what they are.
I found that Ico (for 'Guin's benefit) was one of the most visually beautiful games that had an intriguing story with whimsical overtones. I also thought that it was really sad that it didn't sell too well on the PS2.

IT WAS TOTALLY LOST ON PS2 PLAYERS!!

Now, if had been on the GameCube, it would have sold millions in the UK alone.

Is this just down to the fact that PS2 owners play NFS and FIFA/FIFA Street. Who knows.

I own a 'Cube and a PS2 and find all different games for each machine amazing.

BTW. When I say "PS2 owners", I mean people who only own a PS2 and laugh at the idea of expanding their minds with better games.

Discuss.
"I'm just watching a bad dream i'll never wake up from" - Spike Spiegel.
小川麻琴 forever.
Check out my band -

#60 Ol' Dirty Pepto

Ol' Dirty Pepto

• Senpai
  • 1610 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 08:49 PM

it may look seem like it, but Nintendo is always making money. As the facts Guin droped is one way to show it. Here's another, they have the DS Lite out now, that sold like gang busters. Another thing people dont know, Nintendo has always sold their concoles at a profit, while Sony & Microsoft are selling at a loss, making up the money from the games. While Sony & Microsoft may may sold more concoles, Nintendo could have more money. People dont ever thing that Nintendo is selling at a profit, by the quality of the games. But people dont know the quality of the games because they think Nintendo is " Kiddy ". The hell is that? Gameplay that matters.
As rahvin said, better graphics dont always mean better gameplay. Answer me this, how could u make Mario get better graphics? WOW u can every HAIR on his Mustache, WOW u can see the line on his butt. Yeah. Thats the answer. :wink:

Look at Okami. Sure its a PS2 game, but it doesnt matter. It has great graphics. Just look. http://www.gamespot....creenindex.html
Just because games dont have realistic graphics, dont mean it can look good.

Let me drop some games with non-realistic but good looking graphics.
http://www.gamespot....creenindex.html

I dont mind looking at something realistic while playing a game, but if the game looks like what the game is trying to capture, it doesnt matter. What sells a concole is how the games on it play, if the Wii can give me a good time playing games, that will do it for me. But I want to look at a good looking game, but at the end of the day, gameplay is king!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users