Photo

Just out of curiosity, what's your connections' max upload speed?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
266 replies to this topic

#41 hu5h

hu5h

ハッシュ

• Senpai
  • 477 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 04:50 PM

100Mbit down and 10Mbit up. Used to have 10/10 but they upgraded the download speed for free. :x

Which translates into: A new sweed at the forums! <3 :<3: Welcome BroderJonas and Dr.Zoidberg!!
Love ya siggy zoidberg <3

#42 BroderJonas

BroderJonas

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 05:31 PM

Hmm, while I do live in sweden I'm no swede. But thanks none the less. :c16:

#43 auroragb

auroragb

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1117 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 01:51 AM

Recently, my home connection has been getting very slow between 3PM to 3AM, my 5000 kbit connection drop to 100 kbit. This is very annoying as that covers most of the time when I'm home :lol:

UL is also effected a bit, from 300kbps to 100 kbps
Comprehensive 2006 Jdrama fansub index | 2007 Jdrama fansub index
HP Chinese FC Website guides: Free membership | Paid FC membership | shopping
Yes! You can join from pretty much anywhere in the world

#44 Sev

Sev

Graduated member

• Validating
  • 3639 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 11:25 AM

100Mbit down and 10Mbit up. Used to have 10/10 but they upgraded the download speed for free. :x

Which translates into: A new sweed at the forums! :D ::lol:: Welcome BroderJonas and Dr.Zoidberg!!
Love ya siggy zoidberg :P

Bredbandsbolaget I guess?.. That is just the coolest thing. Upgrading from 10/10 to 100/10 without any traffic limits. :P Anyway I'm on a standard ADSL2+.. like 1200m from the phone station and without any biterrors on the copper so i probably get like 19mbit down and 1100kbit up.

Usually locks my upspeed at 90kbyte/sec when downloading (gives me like 30-40% om my total downspeed) 110kbyte/sec when just upping (so I can get at least some traffic down to like surf webpages and stuff). Could probably boost it a little bit if I removed my Linksys thingie.. not much though.

#45 auroragb

auroragb

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1117 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 07:53 PM

I wish there was a way to export bandwidth ... I'm not greedy, just need another 1Mbps down and up :D
Comprehensive 2006 Jdrama fansub index | 2007 Jdrama fansub index
HP Chinese FC Website guides: Free membership | Paid FC membership | shopping
Yes! You can join from pretty much anywhere in the world

#46 BroderJonas

BroderJonas

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 08:02 PM

Which translates into: A new sweed at the forums! :D ::D: Welcome BroderJonas and Dr.Zoidberg!!
Love ya siggy zoidberg :D

Bredbandsbolaget I guess?

Aye, been with them since they started here. In the beginning there were some problems but it has been virtually problem free ever since. My life would be so hollow without them and my trusty [BBB]-tag.

#47 Sev

Sev

Graduated member

• Validating
  • 3639 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 08:55 PM

Oh.. I'm glad to hear that BroderJonas. :D It must mean that we're not doing a completly awful job. It's going to feel great going to work tommorow and knowing that some dude, somewhere feels like "...it has been virtually problem free..." :D

#48 BroderJonas

BroderJonas

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 10:56 PM

Oh you work for them?

#49 Sev

Sev

Graduated member

• Validating
  • 3639 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 12:48 AM

Oh you work for them?

Yup.. ( http://www.hello-onl...pic=1883&st=120 )

#50 (AZN)animedude

(AZN)animedude

O__O

• Senpai
  • 2588 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 01:29 AM

wow that's pretty cool man, i'm actually prolly gonna do something like that after i graduate, anyways again that's pretty cool sev
:P suddenly...azn's become a ZONE man XD

read mah blogs =D
and read mah reviews =D #2 on that list, and going up

#51 BroderJonas

BroderJonas

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 12:44 PM

Nice, which city do you work in?

#52 Sev

Sev

Graduated member

• Validating
  • 3639 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 08:34 PM

wow that's pretty cool man, i'm actually prolly gonna do something like that after i graduate, anyways again that's pretty cool sev

Thanks.. it's alot of fun and I my colleagues are awsome. I don't think you'll get disappointed if you decide to jump onto the ISP wagon.

@ BroderJonas: Part of our organisation is located in Umeå, were I work. Many of us (including me) are old employees from Bostream wich BBB bought a year ago or so.

#53 nyekobug

nyekobug

nyekobooger

• Senpai
  • 511 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 12:50 AM

Heh, random fact - I've been a member of this board for about 300 days now (302 to be exact).

In those 302 days, I've uploaded 1.17TB (+/-.005TB).

That translates to about 48kb/sec upload average per day XD. Seeing as how my pipe max is supposed to be 80k/sec, I think I've dedicated enough of my bandwidth to the tracker eh? XD

-nyekobug
1.95TB uploaded!!!! \^.^/ Unofficially in charge of the HM2000 reseed project. My favorites: infidelguy.com, Digitally Imported FM (my playlist), 2 the Ranting Gryphon and Opie and Anthony. Visit the 塊魂 (Katamari Damashii) message board too!

Server is offline pretty much indefinately for filesharing. Sakura beats my share ratio :(

#54 しげる

しげる

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 76 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 06:01 AM

Heh, random fact - I've been a member of this board for about 300 days now (302 to be exact).

That translates to about 48kb/sec upload average per day :D. Seeing as how my pipe max is supposed to be 80k/sec, I think I've dedicated enough of my bandwidth to the tracker eh? :)

-nyekobug

You have definitely dedicated yourself to this tracker and you've certainly dedicated enough of your bandwidth as well. Continue to dedicate please:) I wonder how many other people have reached or passed the TB mark? thats a lot to upload.

#55 yots

yots

4th gen member

• Senpai
  • 295 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 06:07 PM

That translates to about 48kb/sec upload average per day :). Seeing as how my pipe max is supposed to be 80k/sec, I think I've dedicated enough of my bandwidth to the tracker eh? :lol:

-nyekobug

:)

my avarege should be ~6kb/s lol :blush

#56 Sakura_Y

Sakura_Y

Call me さくら and yes, I am a girl

• Senpai
  • 1607 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 11:01 PM

I wonder how many other people have reached or passed the TB mark? thats a lot to upload.

._. we can check that?

BTW, I have a DSL connection of 1.5Mbps down and 896Kbps up. Though, I max out at 160Kbps down and up

Berryz Koubou Fansite - Special Generation Forum (sadly this forum is gone but the link remains for posterity)
Listening to J-pop is like eating a can of Pringles "Once you Jpop you can't stop!"

#57 hu5h

hu5h

ハッシュ

• Senpai
  • 477 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 11:59 PM

._. we can check that?

just click your name to get to your panel and there you can see how much you've uploaded and downloaded.

rough numbers.. i'm at constant 50kb/s i think ... of 10mbs :c33: sorry but I haven't used my computer as much lately. my bandwidth is dedicated to jpop tho :lol:

You have definitely dedicated yourself to this tracker and you've certainly dedicated enough of your bandwidth as well. Continue to dedicate please:) I wonder how many other people have reached or passed the TB mark? thats a lot to upload.

*raises hand

... but you shouldn't mix up isp and user ;p People can be really great supporters and still not make it up to TB. We love them anyway and all ppl who help the tracker :wink:

#58 AaronD12

AaronD12

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 125 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 05:25 AM

People can be really great supporters and still not make it up to TB.

Absolutely! I've been a member for 1 year and 3 months. I'm just about to pass 700MB uploaded.

Personally, I think a person's worth on the tracker is not the absolute amount of data uploaded, but what their ratio is. Many people are below the 1:1 ratio which means they take more than they give.

I have a Mac Mini specifically for seeding (tiny, quiet, low power consumption) and dedicate 1/2 of my upstream bandwidth. Any more and my Vonage wouldn't work! :(

This is how I show my :c16: for the H!P.

-Aaron-

#59 しげる

しげる

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 76 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 08:40 AM

lol I kno that it has nothing to do with how dedicated they are to this tracker, I actually just wanted to kno where these people with high uploads speeds came from.

Anyway, the community here at Hello!Online, I believe, is unique in many ways. I always see files disappear from the need seed section because someone has gone out of their way to help reseed the file. Also the forum community here is almost always optimistic about everything that goes on in H!P. Other forums always say something is never gonna work or is gonna fail and I hate reading things like that so I usually just stay from forums in general. But it aint like that over here :( The dedication of the members/staff here at Hello!Online is a rarity and shall be acknowledged, although, Im sure people here know it already :c13: :c13:

#60 Sakura_Y

Sakura_Y

Call me さくら and yes, I am a girl

• Senpai
  • 1607 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 11:07 AM

._. we can check that?

just click your name to get to your panel and there you can see how much you've uploaded and downloaded.

Oh, thanks, I've always wondered what my ratio is *checks* >_>;;; Ummmm :(;;;; Ehehe, guess I need to seed some more.

I agree しげる, that's what's VERY nice about this community

Berryz Koubou Fansite - Special Generation Forum (sadly this forum is gone but the link remains for posterity)
Listening to J-pop is like eating a can of Pringles "Once you Jpop you can't stop!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users