Photo

Just out of curiosity, what's your connections' max upload speed?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
266 replies to this topic

#1 SDSUMarcus01

SDSUMarcus01

4th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 205 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 10:19 AM

Well... I'm on a cable connection. A few years ago, my cable uploaded at about 15 kB/s if I was LUCKY.

Over the past few years, they did increase the upload to speed to 20-30 kB/s so I usually set my uploads for torrents to 10 kb/s during daytime hours (I share the connection with my family, they'd kill me if I used more than that) and 20 kB/s at night.

Today, out of sheer boredom, I decided to uncap my connection and see what happened...

I averaged 100 kB/s uploading. Yes, I was quite surprised, especially for just the standard cable connection.

So anyways, at the moment I've uncapped the connection for night time and set it for 10 kB/s during they day (lets just say my brother is a heavy gamer and my mom needs a fat ass connection to work from home)... if I run into problems I might cap my night time upload to 50 kB/s, just in case somebody in family decides to do some late night surfing. I know utorrent recommends 80% of my max upload speed as a cap but we'll see.

I was just curious as to what you guys get on your connections and what you set your upload caps to.

Edited by SDSUMarcus01, 07 January 2006 - 10:21 AM.

#2 damixedplate

damixedplate

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 348 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 10:28 AM

I have cable and I max out at about 42kB/s, sometimes it will go higher but thats the max it usually goes. As far as averages go, it stays at around 40kB/s. If someone else in the family is using the internet, it will drop considerably so I dont really bother capping it.

Thats cool that your upload cap is that high, too bad you cant use it all the time though.

#3 wildstarr

wildstarr

Goddess, thy name is Maki.

• Senpai
  • 1218 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 08:37 PM

My max upload is about 42kb/s on a DSL line using BitComet. I sometimes use my friends computer, with cable and BitComet, when I find myself downloading alot and his max upload is anywhere between 170-200kb/s...so you can imagine is dl rate...lucky bastard... XD

Posted Image

#4 auroragb

auroragb

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1117 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 10:38 PM

My max UL is also ~42 kB/s
I generally cap at ~30 because I notice that if I let it go higher than that, my DL suffers. Which is why I don't use it for DL'ing from H!T because the ratio would be really bad
Comprehensive 2006 Jdrama fansub index | 2007 Jdrama fansub index
HP Chinese FC Website guides: Free membership | Paid FC membership | shopping
Yes! You can join from pretty much anywhere in the world

#5 hu5h

hu5h

ハッシュ

• Senpai
  • 477 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 11:55 PM

umm I used to have limit at 1000kbs but since i installed a router to my network upload decreased to like 700. I tried to go DMZ but it didn't seem to work.... maybe it will though, i will have to do some more testing i think. The only time I max my upload for sure are on sundays :XD: we all love h!m ne~e~
edit: and yes, i have tried to disable all "additional services" that drain bandwidth ^0^

grats marcus for extra upload XD did your download increase as well? o_o

Edited by hu5h, 07 January 2006 - 11:58 PM.

#6 SDSUMarcus01

SDSUMarcus01

4th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 205 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 12:27 AM

umm I used to have limit at 1000kbs but since i installed a router to my network upload decreased to like 700. I tried to go DMZ but it didn't seem to work.... maybe it will though, i will have to do some more testing i think. The only time I max my upload for sure are on sundays :XD: we all love h!m ne~e~
edit: and yes, i have tried to disable all "additional services" that drain bandwidth ^0^

grats marcus for extra upload XD did your download increase as well? o_o

My D/L has been pretty insane for a while. I just never get to see it on BT because there are never enough peers/seeders that will upload to me.

Oh yah, I hit 130 kB/s upload this morning, lol.

I.E. I'm d/ling at 20 kB/s right now but u/ling at 100 kB/s.

I'm trying to seed the files I nabbed so other people can grab them from me but it sucks when you try to d/l rare torrents and maybe one person will be online with like 15% of it available.

Edited by SDSUMarcus01, 08 January 2006 - 12:28 AM.

#7 hu5h

hu5h

ハッシュ

• Senpai
  • 477 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 12:45 AM

yea well that's the bad thing about torrents i guess.. you can't expect every torrent on the tracker to be live and kickin =( On the rare torrents you will have to let it take it's time or request some seed but, as you already knew, we have restrictions here cus we don't want flood ;D

I guess you get fairly good speed on the newer things, ya?
I usually upload way faster than I download eventhough i have same bandwidth down =_= .,.,.

edit: grats on new record! XD

Edited by hu5h, 08 January 2006 - 12:47 AM.

#8 juicytwos

juicytwos

3rd gen member

• Uploader
  • 327 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 12:55 AM

30kBs XD

I try to upload as much as I can but it's difficult when I'm happily seeding and I see a new file on the tracker...gotta have it!

#9 auroragb

auroragb

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1117 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 03:39 AM

30kBs :blink:

I try to upload as much as I can but it's difficult when I'm happily seeding and I see a new file on the tracker...gotta have it!

hmmm... you only getting 30kB DL? even with new stuff? even with UL'ing 100k? Hmmm... you might have port config problems ... you sure you enabled the ports on your router? It's probably not UL saturating your BW as you said you said never seem to DL quickly

#10 juicytwos

juicytwos

3rd gen member

• Uploader
  • 327 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 05:52 AM

30kBs :blink:

hmmm... you only getting 30kB DL? even with new stuff? even with UL'ing 100k? Hmmm... you might have port config problems ... you sure you enabled the ports on your router? It's probably not UL saturating your BW as you said you said never seem to DL quickly

"Just out of curiosity, what's your connections' max upload speed?"

Heh, the thread said what is my max UL. I replied 30kBs. My max DL though is supposedly 3 Mbps:

http://www.gci.com/f...xtreme_asd7.htm (I'm on the Ultimate Extreme, BTW)

I get near those speeds so I'm happy but it's just that it's hard to maintain a reasonable ratio when I'm capable of DL speeds of around 300kBs and a max of 30kBs UL. It might take me a few hours to DL a file but it might take days to reach a 1:1 ratio just on that particular file.

Oh, and I use �Torrent and everything is configured correctly, ports and all.

Edited by limitbreaker02, 08 January 2006 - 05:54 AM.

#11 auroragb

auroragb

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1117 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 06:00 AM

"Just out of curiosity, what's your connections' max upload speed?"

Heh, the thread said what is my max UL. I replied 30kBs. My max DL though is supposedly 3 Mbps:

http://www.gci.com/f...xtreme_asd7.htm (I'm on the Ultimate Extreme, BTW)

I get near those speeds so I'm happy but it's just that it's hard to maintain a reasonable ratio when I'm capable of DL speeds of around 300kBs and a max of 30kBs UL. It might take me a few hours to DL a file but it might take days to reach a 1:1 ratio just on that particular file.

Oh, and I use �Torrent and everything is configured correctly, ports and all.

:blink: I got your and SDSUMarcus01's posts mixed up, glad that you don't have a problem with DL :)

wrt ratio, I can certainly sympathize. my DL/UL rate is ~600kBps/ 42kBps, so maintaining ratio was effectively impossible

#12 frenchkiss

frenchkiss

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 67 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 06:32 AM

My UL is only 32 KB/s, still better than a year before when it was only 16 KB/s, but still sucks quite a bit cause I can't really benefit of my max DL which is a tiny bit more than 1 MB/s (8.21 Mbps...) I usually don't need to cap my UL because I'm using cFosspeed, however with the latest version of Azureus (2.3.0.6) I had to cap UL to 26 KB/s otherwise Azureus would go crazy, go figure... ISP said my UL would be upgraded to 100 KB/s "soon" but this was in august last year and i'm still waiting :crying

#13 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 04:43 PM

Ultimate extremes were mentioned earlier with respect to uplaod/download ratios. I think i may of topped that one which is pretty bad anyway i must say.

My download is 8.0mb (anout 800k it would seem) with an upload of 0.576mb (about 60k it would seem)

#14 momusufan

momusufan

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2898 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 04:59 PM

I've topped off at 1.5mb (150kb/s) DL and 400kb (40kb/s) I could do better, but It works fine for me.

#15 (AZN)animedude

(AZN)animedude

O__O

• Senpai
  • 2588 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 08:37 PM

one time i reached like 150 and i was floored, i hope i do that again, that was just funny, and i'm a nice guy i leave my torrents open for days if i can so everyone can get the files
:P suddenly...azn's become a ZONE man XD

read mah blogs =D
and read mah reviews =D #2 on that list, and going up

#16 SDSUMarcus01

SDSUMarcus01

4th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 205 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 08:41 PM

one time i reached like 150 and i was floored, i hope i do that again, that was just funny, and i'm a nice guy i leave my torrents open for days if i can so everyone can get the files

I'd do that but my computer is right next to my bed and I made the stupid mistake of getting loud LED fans... so bright + noise = no sleep for Marcus... so I have to turn it off eventually.

#17 SDSUMarcus01

SDSUMarcus01

4th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 205 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 09:21 PM

I'd do that but my computer is right next to my bed and I made the stupid mistake of getting loud LED fans... so bright + noise = no sleep for Marcus... so I have to turn it off eventually.

Holy hell... one user just uploaded to me at 150-200 kB/s for quite a bit (it's a shame he/she didn't have the full file).

#18 Scepter

Scepter

5th gen member

• Senpai
  • 153 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 11:21 PM

My highest speed has been around 1200-1300 kbs. Usually I seed torrents with around ~800kb/s :D
Risa Recommends:http://www.denness.net/scrobblersig/username/Citadel/labelcolor/6666FF/trackcolor/000000/backgroundcolor/#EEF1F6/backgroundtransparent/0.png
Posted Image
Yo. Please support my band :)

#19 nyekobug

nyekobug

nyekobooger

• Senpai
  • 511 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 02:14 AM

Evil Scepter! So much bandwidth, GIVE IT TO ME!!!

Hehe, I'm running 8mbit/768kbit from what I can tell. Usually when I'm not home, or sleeping, I'll uncap bitcomet to seed at 80+kB/s. ^__^

-nyekobug
1.95TB uploaded!!!! \^.^/ Unofficially in charge of the HM2000 reseed project. My favorites: infidelguy.com, Digitally Imported FM (my playlist), 2 the Ranting Gryphon and Opie and Anthony. Visit the 塊魂 (Katamari Damashii) message board too!

Server is offline pretty much indefinately for filesharing. Sakura beats my share ratio :(

#20 Mugen

Mugen

誰かが君を想ってる

• Senpai
  • 479 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 03:07 AM

my max connection is at 100MBPs.

Supposedly, my parents just upgraded my internet a couple of days ago. But there isnt a difference at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users