Photo

What are some of your H!P Unpopular Opinions?

hello project

• Please log in to reply
4488 replies to this topic

#3881 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9507 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 01:25 AM

Going back to CG........I felt that the relegating to part-time status was a slap in the face to all concerned, even Satoda and Momochi. The whole point of Momochi being playing manager was to show them the ropes and turn them into an entity that could stand on its own after she left. Then they pulled the rug out from under them as soon as she left.

It's not like the whole thing was a failure, the digital single they released this summer was just as good as anything else they did. Momo's influence is apparant from the influence Chii, Nanamin and Funnaki's characters are having in their new groups. But I don't really see how they're really adding anything to the already talented groups they were assigned to, they just seem lost in the mix.

#3882 LoveRice

LoveRice

Your favorite user

• Senpai
  • 3028 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 02:13 AM

This is gonna sound way out there and blunt. 

I really think that someone performed black magic on Zukki as soon as she got pushed in the front from being skinny. Right after all the praise she got, it all crashed and burned way too fast with her diet. I highly doubt she knows this herself, let alone announce it to the public if she found out.

Like Juandalyn said it's just bad diet.

She debuted thin then she gained weight. Same case before for when she got pushed.

She would really be pushed more if she was thin.

Going back to CG........I felt that the relegating to part-time status was a slap in the face to all concerned, even Satoda and Momochi. The whole point of Momochi being playing manager was to show them the ropes and turn them into an entity that could stand on its own after she left. Then they pulled the rug out from under them as soon as she left.

It's not like the whole thing was a failure, the digital single they released this summer was just as good as anything else they did. Momo's influence is apparant from the influence Chii, Nanamin and Funnaki's characters are having in their new groups. But I don't really see how they're really adding anything to the already talented groups they were assigned to, they just seem lost in the mix.

H!P likes to create new units then forget about them when they don't make money. 

Imo they should dedicate whole teams to each unit (MM has their own producer, choreo, Anju has their own etc.) that way they feel unique and they get the push they need

#3883 Fall

Fall

Dating Scandal Apologist

• Senpai
  • 1745 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 03:46 AM

UO (maybe?  I'd certainly hope not, but it often feels like I'm in the minority)

While I give some limited understanding to those who shame the girls for "violating their contract" with possible rules I've publicly disagreed with like being caught with a boyfriend and whether or not they should be fired for it... every time I see someone shaming them for the act itself, claiming it is a betrayal, attacking how "racy" they are (both in and out of H!P), and shaming them for the most benign things, it just strikes me at how so many people still don't see how backwards and anti-woman a lot of those statements sound.  I understand that the "culture wars" are real and that the values people hold are ever-evolving, so I'm not dense in that regard.  I even somewhat expect it from the most repressed male wota in some of those parts of the world where it is still considered the "duh" position that girls should be controlled, wear certain clothes, and are shamed if they show the least bit of individuality outside of those societal norms.  But then I see female wota even in the west doing much the same.

Everyone is allowed an opinion even if I think it is the most backwards and damaging mindset that I feel someone could have for both society and even the mental condition of those being shamed, regardless of whether it is something as niche as idols.  It just frustrates me to no end that the playing field is still so uneven with so many double standards that I can only roll my eyes, sigh, and wait for the next scandal to repeat the process so that I can obstinately show my support for the outgoing (or gone) members that sacrificed the most important parts of their lives for our entertainment.

Edit: And then the article in Renako's thread that I see immediately after I post this.  *sigh*  <_<

#3884 kittykoo5

kittykoo5

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1131 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 05:22 AM

This is gonna sound way out there and blunt. 

I really think that someone performed black magic on Zukki as soon as she got pushed in the front from being skinny. Right after all the praise she got, it all crashed and burned way too fast with her diet. I highly doubt she knows this herself, let alone announce it to the public if she found out.

Like Juandalyn said it's just bad diet.

She debuted thin then she gained weight. Same case before for when she got pushed.

She would really be pushed more if she was thin.

H!P likes to create new units then forget about them when they don't make money. 

Imo they should dedicate whole teams to each unit (MM has their own producer, choreo, Anju has their own etc.) that way they feel unique and they get the push they need

I 100% agree with this, and to a certain extent I think they do. Not quite to the extent of their own producers, but we do sometimes choreographers or singing instructors work with specific groups (JJ still has their own singing instructor I believe and C-ute had their own choreographers towards their final years). Honestly though, they should do more of this. It'll distinguish the groups from each other more and keep a team around to keep giving them work.

dlapuo76c72.gif

#3885 Blackmallow

Blackmallow

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 589 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 05:24 AM

I know that idols are supposed to be held to higher standards, but let's never forget that these are teenage girls we are talking about. Teenagers are prone to make mistakes because they lack experience. That's how they learn stuff.

Also, people who lack empathy, seem to be the most vocal about how other people don't live up to their own personal standards. It kinda sucks, but it also kinda makes sense.

#3886 RihoZukki

RihoZukki

Rare RihoxKanon Shipper

• Senpai
  • 756 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 05:38 AM

Yeah, typical "crash diet, then gaining it all back and then some" syndrome.  It's tragic that she finally got noticed after the weight loss, but in the long run I don't think it was good for her.

But black magic though? I do like good conspiracy theories. :ph34r:

Well if you like conspiracy theories, I'm your girl. It could've been some fans who hated her guts from the start. I've seen it happen to other celebrities and some friends as well. What if it was black magic all along that made her diet the way she did? Made her depressed enough to go full on cold turkey?

de62ax6-a6d8a439-a469-4885-bc30-ca72a342 

Check out new fanfiction: You want it? Say So..

#3887 celestia414

celestia414

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2832 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 06:40 PM

^I guess you would have to believe in black magic, which I'm betting most of us don't, so that opinion would be a pretty hard sell. Then again, this is the "unpopular opinions" thread

Currently Stuck In My Head: Nippon no DNA

Hello!Online Top H!p Songs of 2019 Results Posted

#3888 GetRapper

GetRapper

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 922 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 06:54 PM

Maybe black magic will explain Danbara Ruru's idol transformation, I've never seen such a major difference from before and after.  Before: Meh. Now?:  Wowza!

Edit: I mean visually, of course.

epwHFX3.jpg?1

Oshi's:  MM'19:  野中美希, Angerme:  室田瑞希, J=J:  植村 あかり, Country Girls:  山木梨沙

Kobushi Factory: 和田 桜子, Tsubaki Factory:  小野瑞歩, BEYOOOOONDS:  江口紗耶

All time favorites:  後藤 真希, 藤本 美貴, 矢口真里, 鞘師里保, 矢島 舞美, 清水 佐紀

#3889 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 06:58 PM

I think she looks the same.

#3890 keaine

keaine

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 574 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 07:07 PM

^^ the haircut. I think long hair didn't suit her at all.

(ok, maybe I'm just into short hair...)

End-of-the-year polls are now closed! Results on the links below:

Hello!Online General Election 2018: http://www.hello-onl...-election-2018/

Female Up-Front Acts Poll 2018: http://www.hello-onl...acts-poll-2018/

Hello!Online Top H!P Songs of 2018 Fan Poll: http://www.hello-onl...-2018-fan-poll/

Fan Poll: MV of the Year 2018: http://www.hello-onl...-the-year-2018/

#3891 GetRapper

GetRapper

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 922 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 07:35 PM

It may be the hair too.  It might be more of an aura thing, but for me it's not just when she's in motion, it shows in still pics as well.

epwHFX3.jpg?1

Oshi's:  MM'19:  野中美希, Angerme:  室田瑞希, J=J:  植村 あかり, Country Girls:  山木梨沙

Kobushi Factory: 和田 桜子, Tsubaki Factory:  小野瑞歩, BEYOOOOONDS:  江口紗耶

All time favorites:  後藤 真希, 藤本 美貴, 矢口真里, 鞘師里保, 矢島 舞美, 清水 佐紀

#3892 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9507 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 09:51 PM

I always thought Ruru was cute af, all she needed was the idol makeover. Her smile can't be beat!

#3893 ulises

ulises

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1382 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:53 PM

Indeed, now she's really really pretty. But when she smiles.. oh man, when Ruru smiles the Universe turns upside down.  <3 

#3894 Laharle

Laharle

ラブ・ミー・チェーン

• Senpai
  • 4437 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 12:37 AM

I also feel she looks the same just with more exposure and less kiddy KSS outfits. I think long hair suits her better, but it looks cute now. Some months ago when still a KSS it was kinda like Sakura's cup hair and looked bad imo.

竹内朱莉 小田さくら

#3895 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 02:05 AM

- I'm gonna get slammed for this lol, but i feel like Ayumi will miss Duu more than any other member of the group. I always felt as if Ayumi and Duu had a better connection than MaaDuu. Kinda like Reina and Junjun where we never really saw them together in the group, but they revealed that they are super close during junlin's grad.

photo-230886.jpg?_r=1460677357

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#3896 JennyInTokyo

JennyInTokyo

Takahashi Ai wota! ♥

• Senpai
  • 3451 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 02:13 AM

I can't get behind Masakis vocals live. They sound so rough. I think her adlibs in The Manpower at Harukas graduation were prerecorded and she mimed :/ It didnt sound like she sang it at all.

<3NECRONOMIDOL <3PASSCODE <3BABYMETAL <3ZOMBIE POWDER <3MANACLE <3

#3897 SZA

SZA

the love galore

• Senpai
  • 709 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 02:54 AM

- I'm gonna get slammed for this lol, but i feel like Ayumi will miss Duu more than any other member of the group. I always felt as if Ayumi and Duu had a better connection than MaaDuu. Kinda like Reina and Junjun where we never really saw them together in the group, but they revealed that they are super close during junlin's grad.

photo-230886.jpg?_r=1460677357

Sato Masaki <3 Ishida Ayumi

#3898 LoveRice

LoveRice

Your favorite user

• Senpai
  • 3028 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 03:06 AM

I can't get behind Masakis vocals live. They sound so rough. I think her adlibs in The Manpower at Harukas graduation were prerecorded and she mimed :/ It didnt sound like she sang it at all.

Imm a Maafan and I think she just got worse.

She used to be okay pre summer 2017 now she cracks. Duu leaving must have something to *ahem* duu with it.

https://youtu.be/Mb2kPyJdrnc?t=53

#3899 JennyInTokyo

JennyInTokyo

Takahashi Ai wota! ♥

• Senpai
  • 3451 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 12:01 PM

She used to be okay pre summer 2017 now she cracks. Duu leaving must have something to *ahem* duu with it.

I don't know what it is I think she's probably using a poor technique for her voice and overtime it has harmed her vocally :(

THAT PUN IS EVERYTHING! I am laughing so hard thank you so much! XD

<3NECRONOMIDOL <3PASSCODE <3BABYMETAL <3ZOMBIE POWDER <3MANACLE <3

#3900 an&ri

an&ri

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 190 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 03:08 PM

I don't know what it is I think she's probably using a poor technique for her voice and overtime it has harmed her vocally :(

THAT PUN IS EVERYTHING! I am laughing so hard thank you so much! XD

I love Maa and I too think her voice doesn't always sound good. She could be really good, she has a great sense of rhythm and she can perform the lyrics, but her voice sounds damaged... I wish someone taught her to sing without straining her throat. Maybe having Tsunku as an example isn't the best for a singer.

My unpopular opinion: I honestly like Pyoko pyoko ultra, chicken costumes and all. It just makes me happy. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users