#261 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:31 PM

^
^.. lol
I don't really want to spoil anything ..
but those sales after that are actually for the handshake tickets ..lol

but fact is .. if really its for the music .. most people would just get the mp3 ..
unless you are like me who want to collect the CD and also .. I want my music files to be of higher quality so I have to rip them off a CD ..

but in any case .. CDs shops are dying everywhere in the world except for Japan ..
for some reason Japanese still like to have in hard copy even thought they are suppose to be one of the most technological advance nation in the world ..
They still sell portable CD players .. which is extincted in my country ...

Just their culture I guess ..

#262 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:31 PM

☆RisaReinaSayu☆,

Indeed. 

So you see, these low prices benefit in fact quite a lot of people. Imagine if there's a family somewhere in Japan, who's actually rather poor and has kids, all who loves AKB48, but cannot really buy all their singles for full price all the time, as they have expenses to consider. How cool isn't it then that you can come over these singles which are practically brand new and in many cases are brand new? Is this negative? 

Of course not. And that things cost less, or little, or is for free shouldn't be negative. AKB48 gave tons of free concerts to people in Japan from 2011 til today, as part of their charity/campaign. This is nice, and people like this. It's truthfully just more exposure, just like cheap CD's.

I laugh at haters because the vast majority of them are constantly grasping for excuses to have things to be pissed off about or put down. Why bother? There's so many other things one can do than this. 

Anyways, I have used some of these resellers before, and I bought some SDN48 CD's that I gave away, and got good feedback on the music. So, this is just great to be able to do in today's day and age when everything costs so much.

Ares13, 

I love music, and when I buy something, I prefer it in hardcopy actually. If AKB48 only sold their music as mp3's, I don't know if I would've purchased everything. With certain things, having it in hard physical tangible copy is actually preferrable. If I could choose between 10 hardcover books and 10 ebooks of the same titles, I'd choose physical any day of the week.

That AKB48's sales are high, because of handshake event tickets, because of Request Hour voting tickets, because of 2shot tickets, because of senbatsu election tickets - what of it? Other artists are free to do the same, and some even do, and they don't have anywhere near the same amount of sales. (And having said this, we know that the 48 groups have high sales due to their music also, due to their videos also, due to their image also, and due to the girls themselves, the idols - not only because of tickets - and this is important to emphasise)

So that says something in my mind :)

#263 ☆RisaReinaSayu☆

☆RisaReinaSayu☆

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 1748 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:51 PM

^ You brought up the biggest point IMHO. If AKB were only selling singles b/c of the tickets inside would they consistently see an up and down within the Low to high 1 million mark with a new milestone for themselves each year? It hasn't even been the election single each year that brings the new milestone. In 2009 it was River the year's "cool" single. 2010 it was also the cool single. In 2011 it was Flying Get the single utilizing the results from the election. 2012 was the election single but lets not forget that Manatsu was Acchan's graduation single. 2013 remains to be seen. It can be this single, the follow up one, or the cool single. Heck if the Janken tournament results are good enough it could even miraculously be the Janken single that creates the next singles milestone for the group.

#264 Tsurugi_Ken

Tsurugi_Ken

金閣寺見たことない!横山由依です。

• Senpai
  • 1713 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:33 PM

People who have 500 copies and such in Japan are also giving them out for free to the children and teenagers in the areas affected by the earthquake and flood.

How about that? Is this also a negative thing? lolol

Ignore the retards. They'll always cry and bitch at anything they don't like or hate on something because it's popular.

#265 ☆RisaReinaSayu☆

☆RisaReinaSayu☆

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 1748 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:22 AM

At #2 again with 12,225.

http://www.oricon.co...s/d/2013-06-06/

Also with the 10k from yesterday and the 12k from today total is at 1,904,003. -sigh- if only we knew the sales from the day they ranked #5 earlier in the week we'd know the actual total.

#266 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:35 AM

Guess we'll have to wait for the Weekly :)

But 1.9M, still, that's awesome.

#267 Nao-kun

Nao-kun

Seeding is Sexy

• Senpai
  • 5921 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 01:05 PM

How cool isn't it then that you can come over these singles which are practically brand new and in many cases are brand new? Is this negative? 

Obviously it isn't negative, plus AKB staff doesn't even mind, last year at Sasshiis Budokan event I was standing within eye sight distance of the very table where they where selling Sasshii singles giving ones I had bought away for free and no one complained.

#268 TheFicusWithSuperPowers

TheFicusWithSuperPowers

long may she reign

• Senpai
  • 3960 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 02:46 PM

Guess we'll have to wait for the Weekly :)

But 1.9M, still, that's awesome.

Isn't it?

Personally I think that 2M would be that away as we actually thought at the end of first week...

It's written in the stars. AKB48 gotta reach 2M.

iheartsaechanwithtext_zpsa8d1a9eb.jpg

cr: byutaereina and renaismile thank you, both of u.

Graphics thread. Tumblr. Twitter Fanfiction Goodreads

#269 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:07 PM

I do hope they reach 2 million .. its not about AKB48 .. its about the whole female group category ...

They are the only category that do not have a 2 million ..

Its for every Japanese female groups that ever existed in the past  ..

Its for every Japanese female groups that that is existing in present time ..

its for future Japanese female groups that have yet to exist ..

That its credible being in a female group and they are also able to be successful just like the other category ..

#270 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:18 PM

This is actually an argument I've had in the past a long time ago as well: AKB48's current success (both then, and obviously now as well), is not only about AKB48. It's also about Japanese idols still being relevant, still having something to offer and contribute with. That this genre is still alive, and not shriveled out, faded away in a corner somewhere left to die, is really awesome, and I am very appreciative of this, because Japanese pop music without idol music would be a little bit more boring, although still with many great artists of course.

#271 Tsurugi_Ken

Tsurugi_Ken

金閣寺見たことない!横山由依です。

• Senpai
  • 1713 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:49 PM

Also, remember that Japan NEEDS idols. Otherwise so many more people would've committed suicide. Right now you only get like 1 group suicide per 2 months due to the people losing their jobs or being devastated over failed relationships, bullying and such. The competition in countries like Japan and South Korea for simple things such as work is quite insane, and if one doesn't commit to slaving through 60 hour weeks and such just to keep their job, then they're already marked for the boot. And it's not just for jobs, there's also specialties/skills and education.

Now where do idols come in? Idols provide hope to people who have few or none. They are effective in giving a person (whether a male or female) something to look forward to, to cheer them on when the going gets tough, and to laugh alongside them or cry alongside them. These idols, to people that have experienced failed relationships or have been fortunate/unfortunate to not have experienced them actually get something similar to a positive relationship just by being with and supporting these girls. It's why there are so many possessive fans in idol fandom. If their only hope is taken away from them, then how will they actually have the courage to live through their already terrible lives?

Of course this isn't solely the case, as there are many reasons a fan has for liking an idol. Like admiration perhaps (girls admire other girls that can do a lot of things they can't or don't have the courage to do), love, or even lust.

As for why I myself am a fan, it's just simply respect, admiration, love and the fact that they give me something to look forward to and live on for when I literally have no idea what to do with my life.

Wait, what was I talking about lol

#272 joshmos

joshmos

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 858 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:23 PM

great comments! ^^ ganabatte Ken!!

MOZENATOR

#273 Nao-kun

Nao-kun

Seeding is Sexy

• Senpai
  • 5921 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:00 AM

Now where do idols come in? Idols provide hope to people who have few or none. 

Truer words have never been spoken.

#274 ☆RisaReinaSayu☆

☆RisaReinaSayu☆

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 1748 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:45 PM

Today at #2 with 6k. 1,904,003 + 6128 = 1,910,131.

http://www.oricon.co...s/d/2013-06-07/

Edit:

3rd Week Update:

Rank - #3
Sales - 54,666
Single Total is now 1,926,445.

Right now they need 73,555 to hit 2mil.

#275 hitoyou

hitoyou

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1412 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:55 PM

A great 3rd week :D 

2mil seems to be out of reach though.

#276 Tsurugi_Ken

Tsurugi_Ken

金閣寺見たことない!横山由依です。

• Senpai
  • 1713 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:31 PM

Yeah I don't see the sales increasing at all to reach 2M, unless some rich fans just do it for the lols.

#277 Nao-kun

Nao-kun

Seeding is Sexy

• Senpai
  • 5921 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:44 AM

Yeah unlikely to get there soon, but we could well see some news in a couple months that it reached 2 mil.

#278 Tsurugi_Ken

Tsurugi_Ken

金閣寺見たことない!横山由依です。

• Senpai
  • 1713 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:34 AM

So much for getting the record for first female group to reach 2 million in sales the fastest. Oh well, at least next year we're more likely to get 2M on the first week alone.

#279 pink-ku

pink-ku

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1783 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:12 AM

Depend on how bad do they want it, they can have the last push by giving away something...

perhaps:

- handshake event

- free concert ticket

- photocard or poster for the new senbatsu

- get your picture taken with your idol

:D

just a thought, surely nice to reach 2m... any other had 2m sold? for single?

#280 Tsurugi_Ken

Tsurugi_Ken

金閣寺見たことない!横山由依です。

• Senpai
  • 1713 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:25 AM

There are a lot of them, but they're mostly by older artists like Southern All-Stars, Utada Hikaru, etc. Even then they took like 6 weeks on average to sell 2 million copies.

They had the advantage because the internet and digital buying (that doesn't count in the Oricon charts) as well as piracy wasn't as prevalent. Which is why it's nice that AKB48 is one of the first in a long while to almost achieve it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users