• Please log in to reply
21590 replies to this topic

#6181 Dalvron'20

Dalvron'20

Looking back, moving forward

• Senpai
  • 2773 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:32 PM

^Hey, that's true! ^_^ I guess this would be a case of "Idol Karma" at work. ^-^

#6182 spotkatt

spotkatt

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 917 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:38 PM

Pay back is hell. :ph34r:

My friends call me Santa...HO HO HO

#6183 page11

page11

まーちゃんだけ

• Senpai
  • 3416 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:01 AM

GUYS!!! Maachan is so good here!!!

Poor her, she got the lowest score :lol: but thanks to that, she got many screen times... her personality was really shine XD

Plus, her voice is so adorable *how could they give her the lowest score*

#6184 the rose garden

the rose garden

team kenshuusei

• Senpai
  • 8561 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:50 AM

The Brat strikes again (in a good way)  :respect:

Y2xXbRF.gif

by AmaSusE 

#6185 AmaSusE

AmaSusE

チーム はるちゃん

• Senpai
  • 6315 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:25 AM

Since I was one of the antis of the Maachan crying incident a few days back I feel I have to say something to her Music Dragon appearance. This time she didn't come across as the annoying brat at all! Sure, she played her "brat" role but she did it clever, cute and without going over the top!

Good job, Maachan!! You were so cute and entertaining in this  :blush:

6DYNteh.png

#6186 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 12:47 PM

Zukki actually has the lowest score of 10. Masaki had 1 extra point from one of the judges :lol:

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

Up-Up Girls Schedule | UUG Official Facebook
Public Service Announcement brought to you by UUG: Beware of fraud mails! Watch it here => https://youtu.be/2KFK8pMhilE

#6187 the rose garden

the rose garden

team kenshuusei

• Senpai
  • 8561 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 12:52 PM

^

After begging  ^^;

Y2xXbRF.gif

by AmaSusE 

#6188 NightOfFire’21

NightOfFire’21

Peacemaker

• Senpai
  • 4066 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 01:23 PM

From the MM thread, this will help unedrstand what Maachan was saying. She was great in that part!

I really enjoyed the talk section of the show. All the girl shined like stars and Eripon really did an amazing job! I liked that little game they played. You got some screen time for each member.

Could someone please explain what the point of the game was? I tried to understand with my beginners Japanese, but I failed... >.<

The game was basically to "capture the hearts" of the judges. Basically trying to get them to give more points. XD They get to say a line in order to gain their attention. What each of them said:

Sakura - If I am able to jump 8 levels in the vault horse in PE tomorrow, will you hug me? (Judges comment: This is our beginning standard since she's the first out.)
Duu - Hey! Let's go home together today? Hm, no? Why not? It's just for today! (Judges: conversation style was cute)
Maachan - I just like you! (without pretenses!) [This part is hilarious, after they give her only 10 points, Maachan's like "YOU'RE JUST BULLYING ME NOW!", the guy in green is like "if you've just said this line earlier I'd have given you 10 points lol"]
Ayumi: Hey, look into my eyes. No! Look more closely! (Maachan interjects here that she's much better than Ayumi, but the guy in green's like because of you my expectations have fallen so I gave her more points. Maachan starts whining XD and then he increases her points by one, cue happy YAY from Maachan)
Harunan: Maybe it's about time I start practising how to be a bride? (Female judge: Personally I just really like girls with long, straight black hair... Maachan: "You're just looking at her appearance then! NOT FAIR!!!!" -- Maachan really just wins here XD)
Zukki: I'll give you all of my favorite food, ground radish. In exchange, won't you let me have a taste of your pork curry rice? (Judges: How is this supposed to make us attracted? Zukki: Personally that would have worked for me. -- lmao)
Riho: Ah, I screwed up! I really can't do anything without you around.... (she says this in Hiroshima dialect) [Judges: That dialect is really moe... Ayumi comes out and is like "didn't you just give her max points because she has long straight black hair too!?" Female judge: Yup, plus that combination with the dialect.... Conclusion from the judges: That was unusually good.]
Eripon: IDIOT! Just notice that I like you already! (Guy in green going along with the gag that Eripon cast her magic on him for him to give her 9 points LOL)
Fukuchan: Hey! You made me wait too long! It's cold! Look, my hands are freezing here!
Sayu: You know, Sayumi writes in a diary everyday. You want to see? No way! Everything inside is...all about you...so it's embarrassing! 

Final rankings: 
Riho - 26 points (winner!)
Fukuchan - 25 points
Sayu - 23 points
Eripon - 21 points
Duu, Harunan - 20 points
Ayumi, Sakura - 18 points
Maachan - 10 (11) points
Zukki - 10 points

I felt like the girls really got a chance to shine and show off their personalities here. It was really enjoyable and that bit with Riho cleverly using her "fail" personality with a dialect really hit home. She does use her head at these things, doesn't she? XD

#6189 Sakura Kura

Sakura Kura

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 740 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 01:38 PM

I know this has been said already but Maachan was AWESOME in this episode, her pouty(is that a word?) face was so cute. When she complained about judging Haruna by her looks.

#6190 page11

page11

まーちゃんだけ

• Senpai
  • 3416 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:36 PM

1510834_528780050570530_1142418627_n.jpg

Spoiler

#6191 ahn

ahn

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 972 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 03:12 PM

The Music Dragon episode was so interesting. Maachan is the best! :)

wgQx21y.jpg

#6192 ikimono133

ikimono133

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 03:14 PM

GUYS!!! Maachan is so good here!!!
Poor her, she got the lowest score :lol: but thanks to that, she got many screen times... her personality was really shine XD
Plus, her voice is so adorable *how could they give her the lowest score*

Maachan seems not as attractive as the others to Japanese. It seems that she is more appealing to the international fans?

#6193 Hexoone

Hexoone

The Embodiment of Schrödinger's cat and the Two Sided Coin.

• Senpai
  • 5378 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 08:51 PM

^ I don't think its being attractive or not. More like her appeal wasn't enough for the judges XD

Her high pitched suki~ is already enough to get me down on my knees clutching my heart. :wub: damn moe tbh

Anyway I just had a weird moment. When I saw mikasa ackerman, Masaki came to my mind for some reason.  

post-86820-0-64715800-1379316256.jpg

Thanks and credits to ` ♥ [ Apple Cake's Graphics ]~

#6194 Ikasam Yo!

Ikasam Yo!

Fellow polymath of Maachan

• Senpai
  • 1911 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:17 PM

I know this has been said already but Maachan was AWESOME in this episode, her pouty(is that a word?) face was so cute. When she complained about judging Haruna by her looks.

Yeah, that part is my favorite haha

Of course to me, Maachan's line is the best! Straightforward, not sugarcoated, no pretense! Just being herself, all throughout the show! XD

----------------------

She's a brat at times, but she's not annoying. I got annoyed by her reaction once, but I don't call her annoying, because that's not her character.

All her peers love her. She's sweet and thoughtful. If she's annoying, Reina and sempais from other groups would have never been affectionate with her.

Don't naysay Maachan for getting so much attention and role compared to others. 

^ I don't think its being attractive or not. More like her appeal wasn't enough for the judges XD

Her high pitched suki~ is already enough to get me down on my knees clutching my heart. :wub: damn moe tbh

Anyway I just had a weird moment. When I saw mikasa ackerman, Masaki came to my mind for some reason.  

I remember I got Masakisized at the second time I saw her in Wakuteka (not the first time which was in a Hello pro clip 'cause I found her boring and typical looking), I suddenly fell in love with her in that MV because she reminded me a lot of beautiful, innocent and wonderful things.  

30c60k0.jpg                                                          

"Are you alright Planet Earth?"  -Masaki Sato

Maa's Vocabulary: Pokupoku - nervous I Konnichikuwa - hello+fish I Tanasatan - Tanaka-san I Minishige - Michishige I Bye-bi - goodbye  

Ten ants say thanks - thank u I  Masakisama - a palindrome I Iretai Jippopai - Iroppoi Jiretai I Yahho-tai! - a group that does "Yahho!" 

Spells: Henyo henyo Biri Biri - (undefined yet) I  Cryptograms: 1・2 Fu- (unsolved yet) Quotes: "Happiness is conveyed like tempura soba.";"Losing something is the same as looking for a little person."

#6195 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:54 AM

I just saw the video and I also like Masaki's pouting. That was really cute. Masaki's kyun-kyun line was a bit lame so I expected that ( the low points ) from the judges. But Masaki's follow-up was just awesome :lol: Like one of the host said, if Masaki said it just now he would have given her full points.

The girls, the current Momusu really are just being themselves, IMO. Its not an act, well Erina's magic is an act but thats obvious, but the other small things that they do without thinking, it comes naturally. Like how loud 10th gen was, especially when Riho was given high points :lol: If we go back and view previous DVD mags when we have 9th vs 10th gen, you'll see the same thing. Its always the 10th gen being very vocal with protests :lol:

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

Up-Up Girls Schedule | UUG Official Facebook
Public Service Announcement brought to you by UUG: Beware of fraud mails! Watch it here => https://youtu.be/2KFK8pMhilE

#6196 ahn

ahn

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 972 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:26 AM

Maachan interrupting again. :lol:

wgQx21y.jpg

#6197 teatime

teatime

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 641 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:07 AM

2emn0ig.jpg

I made something adorable even more adorable. 

25iq96u.jpg
Michishige Sayumi & Oda Sakura

#6198 page11

page11

まーちゃんだけ

• Senpai
  • 3416 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:41 AM

Yeah, that part is my favorite haha

Of course to me, Maachan's line is the best! Straightforward, not sugarcoated, no pretense! Just being herself, all throughout the show! XD

Yeah, everyone tried to say something nice but Maachan just went straight. Her line was simple, short and that's really Maachan :lol:

At 11:16, her reaction was really weird and Duu pointed it out :D

*I don't why some said her interuping was annoying :c11: Maybe I just being biased but her interuping was the most entertaining and funny part in that show*

#6199 FRESHSKY

FRESHSKY

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 57 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:41 AM

OH GOD. THAT "DAISUKI!" 

That's it I'm done for. I can't handle how stinkin' cute she is!!! I'm dead here.

I wonder if she would've gotten more points if she went with this daisuki instead?

tumblr_mmj54ucAUs1qi1bw5o2_500.gif

24eef9b3-4f41-4002-bdc3-5b9834ddea14_zps

#6200 Dalvron'20

Dalvron'20

Looking back, moving forward

• Senpai
  • 2773 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:22 PM

Personally I'm more of a fan of the calculating genius Maa-chan and not so much of childish bratty Maa-chan, but even so I found her very entertaining and cute during the Kyun Kyun segment. It's a pity other people didn't like it, since she helped make the segment a lot more fun, especially when the rest of the 10th gen followed her lead by protesting and being loud. Come on, Sato's "Mou!" was extremely adorable, how could anyone not love that? :arrow:

Well, more Maa-chan goodness in the full PV for Kimi no Kawari. I really like her in this because she's in that "cool mode" that I love about her so much:

https://www.youtube....7dnHOHXc8pY#t=0

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users