311 replies to this topic

#61 anhh

anhh

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5584 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 02:46 PM

^
^Liking it already, I think that I kind of agree, if you compare it with the other ones, this is less a “single” track. Anyway, kinda shocked reading on-the-spot reviews saying that it can’t compare to “Heavy Rotation” (a track that was despised and vilified for months)…

#62 Undirrast

Undirrast

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 422 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 03:18 PM

Finally running out of good songs? :( Just when Yukirin finally got a third place... Would've seriously expected a better song/melody...

^
^Liking it already, I think that I kind of agree, if you compare it with the other ones, this is less a “single” track. Anyway, kinda shocked reading on-the-spot reviews saying that it can’t compare to “Heavy Rotation” (a track that was despised and vilified for months)…

No seriously, it was saying that from heavy rotation onwards the songs are getting worse... But well, when they're releasing more than 6 CDs in just half a year this is what you get (including units like Not Yet, solo debuts and etc)

Edited by Alienpyon, 10 July 2011 - 03:53 PM.
Double posting

Majisuka Gakuen Summary Site - Summary with pictures for episodes of Majisuka Gakuen 2.
Majisuka Gakuen 2 Casts - Complete translation from Majisuka Gakuen 2 Official Homepage.
Nakayan Quest - Nakayan Quests in English! Starting from Lv. 18.

#63 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 03:24 PM

Well, as far as quality of songs are concerned, I am not worried at all. I am sure there will be other songs too later on which may have a different sound. (We've seen this before many times).

#64 Undirrast

Undirrast

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 422 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 03:32 PM

This seriously hears like coupling song... I like seishun and ice no mi better than this.
Majisuka Gakuen Summary Site - Summary with pictures for episodes of Majisuka Gakuen 2.
Majisuka Gakuen 2 Casts - Complete translation from Majisuka Gakuen 2 Official Homepage.

#65 anhh

anhh

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5584 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 03:35 PM

No seriously, it was saying that from heavy rotation onwards the songs are getting worse... But well, when they're releasing more than 6 CDs in just half a year this is what you get (including units like Not Yet, solo debuts and etc)

One thing: people have been saying that the group is on decline quality wise since “Oogoe Diamond” (if not before) and have been doing so-called-analysis since then saying that the new single “X” sounds like a “generic idol song” which is like saying nothing.

#66 Undirrast

Undirrast

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 422 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 03:38 PM

But this song is an epic fail, it doesn't feel like AKB's song, people are saying that this is more like H!P's song. Even everyday kachusha is better than this...

#67 Yossi_love

Yossi_love

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1229 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 03:41 PM

I like this song really, but I agree that it's not really a aside kinda song

#68 anhh

anhh

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5584 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 03:44 PM

But this song is an epic fail, it doesn't feel like AKB's song, people are saying that this is more like H!P's song. Even everyday kachusha is better than this...

Run away then.

#69 lynx212

lynx212

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 391 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 03:47 PM

I don't really get the "H!P song" vibe from Flying Get.. Instead, it reminds me of an AKB song. Just don't know yet which song it is. :lol:

#70 fy-smileage

fy-smileage

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 1680 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 03:50 PM

lol the song and the drama are both the same: they're both disappointing and recycled. This songs sounds like something No3b released.

But Im going to hold any real judgements until the PV comes. :)

#71 Alienpyon

Alienpyon

With MM till the wheels fall off!

• Senpai
  • 6842 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 03:51 PM

This is the least interesting single track I've heard from AKB48 in a long, long time...

I think this title goes to "Chance no junban" :P

Note: Limited version pre-orders sold out at CdJapan and HMV!

Miyoshi Erika, where are you? Posted Image

#72 Undirrast

Undirrast

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 422 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 04:03 PM

Run away then.

lol, anyway since I love AKB, I have no choice but to see where this goes. It just won't make it into my playlist unfortunately...

#73 lala

lala

♥ Voted KY greatest fan 2011 ♥

• Senpai
  • 4428 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 04:10 PM

It's sold out in every shop apart from YA x_x
hope they restock asap

When do they usually announce how many copies have they shipped out?

Posted Image

♥ Voted as KY greatest fan 2011 ♥ Thank you for voting for me everyone ♥

♥ My KY fanblog ♥

♥ JunJun . KY Ikuta . (B)Nacchan . (S)Kanakana . (N)Sayaka . (HKT)Anna . (Nogizaka46)Ikuchan♥

#74 gryzze

gryzze

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1443 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 04:12 PM

I absolutely hate this song... Now I just hope the coupling songs will be good.

#75 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 04:15 PM

anhh

One thing: people have been saying that the group is on decline quality wise since “Oogoe Diamond”

These "people" I think are safe to ignore.

Alienpyon,

Certainly Chance no Junban felt rushed and hollow compared with some of their other songs, but at least it sounded like a main track whereas this is just something that reminds me of Yankii Soul part 2.

In the end, I have heard just one preview. I haven't seen a PV, I don't know what else is on the singles. I don't know where it will rank and how much it will sell. I do know however that this is but one song out of several hundreds of songs that AKB48 have.

There will be more singles after this, and so I don't worry.

#76 fy-smileage

fy-smileage

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 1680 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 04:19 PM

I actually like the coupling songs a lot so far! That vegetable song, and the ice cream song. :good:

I really love Chance no Junban, but I agree it was done half heartedly.
^
agreed about the Yankee Soul feel. Also wasnt the person directing the PV the same guy who directed BECK the live action? So we might get a sort of indie themed PV.

#77 pinkguin

pinkguin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2797 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 04:33 PM

I agree that 'Flying Get' sounds a bit similar to 'Yankee Soul', but I don't think it's bad or 'recycled'.. it's just a short preview, too.
also I liked the tiny preview of the new Yasai Sisters song (are they still called so?) :)

#78 Arche-JoIyO

Arche-JoIyO

♥ Pudding of Puddings ♥

• Senpai
  • 9576 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 05:14 PM

Thanks for the previews! AKB with a slight Dance☆Man touch!!!

Oh, this must be what I like about the song... damn, I love Dance☆Man XD

g8aHT2F.gif

#79 TVD

TVD

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5480 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 05:28 PM

This sounds like a H!P song (to me at least).

#80 anhh

anhh

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5584 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 05:48 PM

OK, for the people that are upset about the new single, this is kind of theoretical question: Why? Before giving me an answer, let’s do two suppositions: one, you don’t like the song, that’s OK, but imagine if this song would be a pure earworm, would you like it then? I mean, is this the type/style of song that AKB should use to present themselves to a mainstream audience? And two (and completely related to the first one): I had the feeling that the success of “Beginner” was kind of a spectacle: that it was the single fans dreamt the group was doing on a regular basis, the image they have about pushing the boundaries of idol music, personal politics or whatever, but “Heavy Rotation” (that in part set the image of cute girls doing cute things on cute songs, that I suppose is something that most people want the group to become) is the song that they use to be recognized, the one that sounds on each TV show to mean “AKB48”, the one that keeps selling or the one that people sing on karaoke, while, like in the last SMAP show medley, is the one that they can even sing the full lyrics on TV. So again, leaving aside the song itself, are people upset to something related to this, is a mix between both things (didn’t like the song, didn’t like the direction) or none of them?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users