155 replies to this topic

#41 turbos86

turbos86

=P

• Dai-Senpai
  • 2731 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 04:50 PM

@Manamin

I had B-course on their last Hawaii tour, there's no rush on the scheduling and you do get a lot of free time.
The bus tour to downtown after you get off the plane only last for 2 hours, you're free to go as you please after checking into the hotel.
You really don't spend much time on the bus at all. Think of it as transportation only.
On event days, each event are only about 2 hours long as well (except for the game event on day 1 which took the entire afternoon), and you can go where ever you want in between events as long as you come back before meet up time.

Read my blog posts for more details here: http://hyakupa.net/wordpress/?cat=16 (Start from the blog post at the bottom of the page, it's in reverse order.)

I can't tell you if you should go or not, but I hope this will help you make a decision.
You better decide quick, there's a time limit for you to mail the forms back and pay.

#42 .gina

.gina

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 4164 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 06:06 AM

I guess if someone has been on the tour themselves (or knows someone who has), could they please let me know if being an event day means you're attached to the event all day, or how check in day might go? It's an amazing chance, but I'm not too sure I want to go if it means a vacation that doesn't feel like one. I have other stuff I could spend 250,000 yen on - like moving to a new apartment I have my eye on. (Plus, I also applied for the Taka/Gaki bus tour, and at least that'd get me a 3-shot with them...)

Wouldn't you get a 10-shot though if you want on the Hawaii tour rather than just a 3-shot with TakaGaki? I don't know if that makes it more of a selling point but I assume you like Reina due to your avatar and it means you'd probably have a pic sat next to her XD

#43 zeroyon

zeroyon

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1376 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 09:36 PM

Manamin, great to hear you were accepted! ^_^

All the people in my group got their notifications yesterday or the day before too, but I am still waiting for mine.
If they sent it by snail mail I will probably see it next week. I hope they aren't expecting me to send my passport copy to them (if they need it) by 6/5 because there is no way it will get there on time.

Thanks for posting those blog posts from last year turbos86! It was enjoyable reading them and gave me a better impression of what the FC tour will be like from a fan's perspective. I don't think I will do a lot of those things you did though since I'm kinda a shy person....
Also, those pics of "Jack Sparrow" are great! He's a friend of mine, and is the Aichan fan that has my programmable LED board that is in my avatar and profile. He unforuntately can't come this year since it interferes with some exams at university. If he hasn't seen those pics already I will show them to him some time if that is okay ^^;
Custom programmable LED pegboard. If anyone wants to make a similar thing, PM me and I will help you out =)

#44 turbos86

turbos86

=P

• Dai-Senpai
  • 2731 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 10:54 PM

^ Oh nice you know him. Yeah, go ahead and show him the pictures. Please tell him his cosplay was awesome :good:

Hope you'll have loads of fun on the FC tour!

#45 Manamin

Manamin

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 133 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 04:29 AM

I can't tell you if you should go or not, but I hope this will help you make a decision.
You better decide quick, there's a time limit for you to mail the forms back and pay.

Thanks turbo, that was helpful. Did you pay yourself, or go for the loan when you went? I'm going to send everything in, but I'm asking for the loan... so I don't know if it will actually happen or not. Luckily I have the bus tour to fall back on.

Wouldn't you get a 10-shot though if you want on the Hawaii tour rather than just a 3-shot with TakaGaki? I don't know if that makes it more of a selling point but I assume you like Reina due to your avatar and it means you'd probably have a pic sat next to her XD

You do get a 10 shot on the Hawaii Tour, you're right. I do like Reina, but lately she's been sort of boring me (GASP! Turbo, don't hurt me! =P ) and I have actually liked Gaki more for the past... year and a half or so. And I like Ai-chan, even if I'm not a hugehugehuge fan of hers. So really, a TakaGaki 3 shot would suit me fine if I can't go to Hawaii. It's not exactly the same, but it seems like a decent substitute. (Plus I got into Yossy's upcoming summer dinner show, so I can have my second two shot with her and that ALWAYS makes things better. :wub: )

I've pretty much decided I'm going to try for it. But if I don't get the loan, I can't go. Simple as that. :( However, if that happens, I'm going to do my best to be on the bus tour. ^_^ (And ask my friend that is more likely to go to Hawaii to get me some poptarts. ;.; )

#46 michi.K.O

michi.K.O

Fuku-hime's Royal Butler

• Senpai
  • 2387 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 05:40 AM

OMG, reading your blog just gave me a single motivation to graduate quickly and start working!!
I so wanna go!!!! Hopefully in 4 years time, I'm still a fan of Momusu. XD

TEAM MIZUKINGDOM!

#47 zeroyon

zeroyon

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1376 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:49 AM

Well my notification finally got here, I was accepted! The price was lowered by 60000 yen for me since I'm not using the plane. I'm not sure if this is the standard deduction for any course (or any H!P Hawaii FC Tour) if you don't use the plane, but I thought I should post this information for others from Hawaii that might go another time and decide to look at this thread for reference.

Now it's time to dust off my denshi jisho because holy moly is that a lot of paper and Kanji I can't read on that paper. I think I have most of it figured out though... a lot of it is about optional tours, travellers insurance, and some legal nonsense.

It seems they still want everything from me by 6/7, including a copy of my passport page (I have no idea why they need it since I'm already in Hawaii). I think I'm missing forms 7 and 8 though, and I have no idea why they sent me the ESTA info form :huh:
I better get cracking....
Custom programmable LED pegboard. If anyone wants to make a similar thing, PM me and I will help you out =)

#48 turbos86

turbos86

=P

• Dai-Senpai
  • 2731 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 02:00 AM

^ Just send in what's necessary. Stuff like the ESTA forms does not apply to you, ignore it.
Good idea to call them up if you're missing pages.

@Manamin

Glad you're deciding to go and have it all figured out.
I paid for my trip all in one go last time.

Have fun you two. Can't wait for your reports from it :good:

#49 InvisToumei

InvisToumei

Hawaii Hopeful!

• Senpai
  • 3998 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 06:19 AM

Congrats on getting in indeed!

There was enough time I got to hang out with Turbos so I'm pretty sure you'll have enough time to be tourist...as long as you be a logical tourist and don't think you can retrace any recognizable routes ^^; Remember that most of the things that happen in Hawaii have whole uninterrupted days to travel, but that doesn't mean there aren't places you can't see, there definitely are ^^;

But I have never been, just been on the outside looking in, sure it's gonna be a blast.

bbDfxqh.jpg
*It's complete but I still haven't taken pictures yet.... the slothhhhhh!" "Life needs more Sayu"
-Sayu, Gaki, Aika, Fukuchan, Iikubo Blog Translator-The Nantonaku Translations Substitute Leader - -~LDK Random Subs~--

#50 Manamin

Manamin

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 133 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 12:24 PM

@turbos86

Well, I'm deciding to try. I can't convince myself it's okay to pay cash for it, so I've asked for the loan. I have to get through a phone interview in Japanese first, and I don't know how that will go. My Japanese isn't very good... so I'm not sure it will work. :-/

If all else fails, I'm going for the bus tour with Ai and Gaki, but I really want to go to Hawaii. :gitaa:

#51 Manamin

Manamin

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 133 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 06:16 AM

Sorry for the double post, folks.

The end of my story is: No loan. :sob: (Therefore, no Hawaii.)

I'm pretty upset about it, but I AM paying for the Taka/Gaki Bus Tour today, so I can at least see Takahashi and Niigaki.

Anyone who IS going to Hawaii... have a great time. :)

#52 zeroyon

zeroyon

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1376 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 04:45 AM

^
Manamin, that really sucks to hear that you didn't get the loan :(
I was selected for the B-course too, so I was looking forward to meeting you!

I hope you enjoy the bus trip next week!

#53 lala

lala

♥ Voted KY greatest fan 2011 ♥

• Senpai
  • 4428 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 01:21 PM

Goods are out
http://www.up-fc.jp/...nfo.php?id=2484
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

♥ Voted as KY greatest fan 2011 ♥ Thank you for voting for me everyone ♥

♥ My KY fanblog ♥

♥ JunJun . KY Ikuta . (B)Nacchan . (S)Kanakana . (N)Sayaka . (HKT)Anna . (Nogizaka46)Ikuchan♥

#54 Chioku

Chioku

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1217 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 01:23 PM

KANON HAWAII SET OMFW <3<3

オトロ!!!  
Posted Image
TakechanZukkiAll of 10th gen!
Thanks for the avatar, Sprinkles!<3

#55 TVD

TVD

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5480 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 01:25 PM

Still hoping for an Allo-Hello!.

#56 Kireny

Kireny

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2002 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 02:37 PM

^are the goods only sold in Hawaii or do they go up for FC order after the tour?

They all look so cute, I want to see a Alo!Hello with 9th gen
Posted Image

-made by nono:)bbz, who is awesome

#57 Machi-chan

Machi-chan

Hopless Fangirl <3

• Senpai
  • 1687 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 02:40 PM

H!P you are absolutely KILLING me. (I really am loving Zukki in that red shirt with the ponytail. She looks older a bit, and very VERY cute <3)

First time in Hawaii...thats a Zukki and 9th gen first....so I have to buy it!! I WILL NOT BREAK MY RECORD NOW. XD
Plus, they all look SO amazing *_*
I'm really excited for this....

Anyone know or have an idea how long I may have to earn money to buy these before it's to late?
Also, is a DVD AND a PHOTOBOOK usually released, or just one of the two? (I need to go offer myself as a slave or something...money....) XD

x244d2.jpg
"Make each moment precious, and put your spirit into everything you do, and express gratitude to everyone you know." ~Airi Suzuki <3

#58 lala

lala

• Senpai
  • 4428 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 02:47 PM

@Kireny - The goods get put up on the H!P FC after the tour IIC

Posted Image

♥ My KY fanblog ♥

♥ JunJun . KY Ikuta . (B)Nacchan . (S)Kanakana . (N)Sayaka . (HKT)Anna . (Nogizaka46)Ikuchan♥

#59 洋hiromi水

洋hiromi水

dance, dancing all of the night~ ♫

• Senpai
  • 1654 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 03:47 PM

oh yes please <3 like Alo Hello 2~

everybody who is able to go to Hawaii... take the chance and go! And please report afterwards, I'm curious~
Have fun!

Yamazaki Mei Kaga Kaede  Haga Akane  Danbara Ruru Sasaki RikakoAkiyama MaoHirai Miyo

#60 lala

lala

• Senpai
  • 4428 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 03:52 PM

I hope Alo Hello! 5 won't be as boring as Alo Hello! 4 :bad:

Posted Image

♥ My KY fanblog ♥

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users