• Please log in to reply
2458 replies to this topic

#81 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 12:53 PM

It seems to be like it was some weird ass marketing strategy saying lets keep the current MM fresh and alive. To me this is like their "oh shit, we messed up bad, we need the OGs back". I can't be the only one thinking this >.<

They mucked up real bad and at last they are prepared to admit it even is this is a desperation move. I hope they have not left it to late.

My logic for this is based on a simple decline in sales over the years and merchandise sales are plummeted as well. I've seen many of the figures and this sums it up back in 2006 on average Risa Niigaki was is the bottom two sellers in Morning Musume. However if she had those sales today she would be the highest seller in Morning Musume for merchandise. This really shows how much they have dropped off each year. Hopefully this move will help both groups. They also need more shows and desperatly need stuff like hello morning back.

#82 GBA

GBA

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2958 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 01:43 PM

^this group will not belong to H!P right?

they're belong to UFA
but everytime i see OG in media, they always said, "haro pro member yaguchi/mikitty/OG's"
in bananaman blog deka, when OG come, they said, "matta haro pro memba??"

hmm i dont know what is the point to compare og and curent member
they are morning musume, they're working together
OG will die without current member, and vice versa

#83 FeatherShard

FeatherShard

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 69 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 02:08 PM

As happy as I am to see this group put together (minus Koha - totally out of place imo), I worry that it's destined to a short life. A lot of that comes from the fact that I just don't feel UFA has the management prowess to promote them properly. They'll have to appeal to more than just the typical idol group fan, since that audience either already knows them and is unlikely to see new potential, or is too young and won't see the appeal. Can the group itself do that? I think so. Can UFA make it happen? I'm not holding my breath.
Confirmed Yossisexual*
Rabid Ishikawa Fanboy

"Dreams aren't paid for in prayers - they're paid for in sacrifice."

*Not to be confused with the user "Yossisexual"

#84 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 02:43 PM

My impression of this situation... ^^;
Posted Image

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

Up-Up Girls Schedule | UUG Official Facebook
Public Service Announcement brought to you by UUG: Beware of fraud mails! Watch it here => https://youtu.be/2KFK8pMhilE

#85 Snipey

Snipey

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 9188 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 03:22 PM

#86 Alienpyon

Alienpyon

With MM till the wheels fall off!

• Senpai
  • 6842 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 03:58 PM

Can the group itself do that?

Some OG members can still work miracles. Not sure about the rest OGs (no, I won't mention names! :whistle: ) but I will support them all, no matter what!

Can UFA make it happen?

From my point of view, with a tight set of quality new songs, they can make everything happen. :good: Otherwise, they will sink after one album and one tour; nobody wants that.

Miyoshi Erika, where are you? Posted Image

#87 tennyoaisu

tennyoaisu

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 293 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 04:19 PM

As happy as I am to see this group put together (minus Koha - totally out of place imo), I worry that it's destined to a short life. A lot of that comes from the fact that I just don't feel UFA has the management prowess to promote them properly. They'll have to appeal to more than just the typical idol group fan, since that audience either already knows them and is unlikely to see new potential, or is too young and won't see the appeal. Can the group itself do that? I think so. Can UFA make it happen? I'm not holding my breath.

I think DMM will basically be like that 5-member 10th anniversary group. Album, tour, but just throughout the year.
Favorite way to say "red wines" with a German accent?
RED VINES!

#88 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 04:27 PM

A lot of that comes from the fact that I just don't feel UFA has the management prowess to promote them properly. They'll have to appeal to more than just the typical idol group fan, since that audience either already knows them and is unlikely to see new potential, or is too young and won't see the appeal. Can the group itself do that? I think so. Can UFA make it happen? I'm not holding my breath.

The group its tried and tested inpricipal and should easily work however UFA is capeable of ruining even something like this.

#89 Chibs

Chibs

Confessed Eriholic

• Senpai
  • 3329 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 04:46 PM

I think the proper way to do this would have been to do one or two concerts with the current momosu, not create a whole new group. I also wonder what is going to happen to the members current careers. like Rika and Yossie who have H&A, Gatas and futsal.

man is it just me or is Kaori looking hella old
Posted Image
avvie made by Sprinklebuns
rocker kamei

#90 Masuku

Masuku

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1112 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 04:49 PM

Lol to the fact that they included AKB and the word "rival" in the end. It seemed almost a bit out of place. Well i'm always happy for akb footage but I think it was bit mean by the media to associate AKB and DMM automatically as rivals even though Abe said every idol group is going to be their rivals
:ph34r:

#91 ninety9nights

ninety9nights

"I am Berry Kyuuto." - Sayumi

• Senpai
  • 3262 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 04:57 PM

I wonder if the girls errr... ladies can handle the taxing job of doing concert tours.

Let's admit that they are not as young and as full of energy as they used to be. Except maybe Koharu (she chugs barrels of sugar XD).

Posted Image
[ avatar by me | signature by CROWN.佐久alice | youtube | blog ]

#92 GBA

GBA

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2958 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 05:14 PM

Posted Image

LOL GJ
no one will win in this war
if current MM loose, OG also will die
OG die, current MM will die

One for all, All for One!!!

#93 Hayai Ohirugohan!

Hayai Ohirugohan!

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 06:29 PM

The girls had more fun, entertaining comments in the 45 seconds of aired press conference in that vid than the current MM has in half-hour interviews most of the time. That's what people are really missing. The conflict in personalities and in-group arguments. And the girls just having fun.

I think this group will be successful. I mean it definately does seem that this is UFA's "My Bad." So hopefully they'll manage it properly. But with Nakazawa, Yaguchi and Yoshizawa in the group, I honestly don't even think they need UFA. Just let them schedule their own events and they'll get more TV time than any other idol group in no time.
Posted Image

Signature and Avatar made by 바니 「вσηкyυ」

#94 Aly B

Aly B

Hopelessly devoted to MoMusu.

• Senpai
  • 805 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 07:36 PM

Of course they would include AKB48 in that broadcast. Otherwise the report on DMM would be incomplete. :rolleyes: But whatever. I know idols become rivals with each other, so let them be rivals. I personally don't care if DMM beats AKB. I'm gonna buy my copy of the album and DVD and be happy with it.

Tho, it would be pretty cool if they started releasing singles and climbing the charts. This, overall is quite interesting. And me, being the die-hard OG fan that I am, am overly-geeked about the whole situation. XD
Posted Image

#95 Pistolero

Pistolero

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2688 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 08:49 PM

Posted Image

ROFLMAO! :D XD

#96 sswishbone

sswishbone

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 6554 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 08:54 PM

Oi! I'm the only one allowed to talk about ships on this site :angry: :P

#97 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 09:35 PM

I wonder if the girls errr... ladies can handle the taxing job of doing concert tours.
Let's admit that they are not as young and as full of energy as they used to be. Except maybe Koharu (she chugs barrels of sugar XD).

Perhaps not but they still have more than the currant lineup some members it seem never lose it. Then again you must have it in the first place XD

#98 rattrap316

rattrap316

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2424 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 09:47 PM

if madonna can still perform at her age, these girls can do the same.....

but i am concered about one thing..... after a hard day at work and these girls want to go out and have a few drinks, do they have to send Koharu home first..... :lol:

#99 Yagu fan

Yagu fan

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 10:22 PM

haha yasuda san is back !!
can't wait to see new utaban episodes with these girls

#100 Nozofan

Nozofan

Graduated member

• Senpai