• This topic is locked This topic is locked
68 replies to this topic

#61 Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri

Selfish shooting star, Make my wish come true

• Senpai
  • 5673 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:59 PM

^Do they even have a thread here?! I've been struggling to find information on them after seeing them perform at that GIRLS POP concert with sdn48/passpo/YGA/Happy! Style.
I'd like to know more about Passpo and yga too! =)

edit: On this topic, what about narita risa. She's an akb48 graduate but because she does really heavy gravure these days(as I'm sure you know) and she doesn't..do anything else would she be allowed here?
I think Maimai's solo single and tv appearences hold her up but narita(nicknamed 'oppai' by some) is possibly a different case?

E67uDCX.jpg?1

#62 Namie Hikari

Namie Hikari

puzzle peasu! autistic idol fan!

• Senpai
  • 1264 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:27 PM

I personally don;t mind. I kinda like being exposed to other artists just to test them out and that gives me that chance.
Spoiler

You my wanna stricten up a "no fan flaming" rule though. (i totally made "stricten" up btw XD)
But really i think it should stick to the tracker for now until a rule like that is enforced. (don;t flame me for this, i'm autistic)

Spoiler

Posted Image
Avvie/Signature by S-N-I-P-E-R . My Puzzle Peasu! The Red Rose Society World

#63 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:33 PM

Never, ever will H!O allow male idol works here. Sorry... XD

#64 MatchinColorGurl08

MatchinColorGurl08

10 years J-Pop and 9 years of K-pop

• Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 06:09 AM

<3 That will be even worse than with AKB48 issue. :lol: :D I don't think Hello! Online need to rename. I love everything the way is. :lol: Now that K-pop is getting popular in Japan, we've seen Morning Musume, Erika, and Kanna are showing the love from their blogs and making of. The thing I love to see if this site could have a section for K-pop. ^^;

#65 Paul

Paul

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 83 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 06:11 AM

I support the idea of adding different idol groups, as they have been. I'd like them to keep them separate to a degree, though, since I'll be overwhelmed trying to figure out who belongs where. I wouldn't mind if there were, for example, an AKB48 picture board where I could comment on pictures there. I would still spend most of my time at the H!P picboard, but it would be nice to expand my idol horizons a bit.

I like the community here, and look forward to discussing other idol groups with their fans in the future.

#66 TheAnna18

TheAnna18

Yes

• Senpai
  • 1818 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 06:50 AM

There is the front page which is ONLY H!P news. There is absolutely nothing regarding non h!p idols. I would say that this is the main part of hello online, and I have a feeling it was meant to be that way because it is what comes up when you enter the website. Not the forum, which is only labeled "forum" on the main index, but the section entitled hello!online. You do not enter to the forum and click "news".

The picboard has ONLY h!p pictures. This is another very large section of H!O.

Then there is the tracker, which is mainly H!P. I would hardly say that the non-h!p things are hard to "weed through" since you probably are not going to be going through every single thing on the tracker looking for "something to download". That is what the search engine is for. I doubt AKB things will show up if you look up something H!P. It's not like files named AKB BINGO EPISODES or AKB TEAM B STAGE 3 will be popping up while you look for "Goto Maki photobook" It really is not a hassle at all.

On the ENTIRE FORUM there are over 1,000,000 posts.
In the AKB section and Asian music section there is a total of about....63,000 posts. Not all of those posts are about idols though.
63,000 out of 1,000,000.
Yep. Thats just sooooo much. :wub:

And don't forget that the banners on the website are dedicated to H!P ONLY.

I would hardly say that this site is "Idol Online"

siggie_zps6431208e.jpg

#67 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 07:39 AM

I didn't realise this was going until now.

The owners can change what ever they want with the content but just leave the name Hello!Online alone :wub:

You don't change names for whatever reason. H!O is like a brand. It stands for something and like someone said before it has history. Changing the name is betraying the history of this site and the members who have grown to love and cherish it.

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

Up-Up Girls Schedule | UUG Official Facebook
Public Service Announcement brought to you by UUG: Beware of fraud mails! Watch it here => https://youtu.be/2KFK8pMhilE

#68 Nouciel

Nouciel

Graduated member

• Headquarters
  • 8069 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 07:43 AM

I was going to post some screenshots of the tracker section, divided in H!P and AKB, comparing the "done" torrents of both tabs. I thought there would be a CLEAR increase of the completed AKB torrents, but it's not really that big I think. It's more like just a new section in the torrents page... it's obviously getting downloads, but it's not like most of the people who visit the tracker are completely ignoring H!P files and just downloading AKB ones.

H!P album/singles of the main groups/photobook/concerts/subtitled HPS files torrents still get +1000 downloads. Another important thing: literally every file that is related to an H!P+ex H!P member is in the tracker. If I start to look at how many people downloaded a torrent of a not-so-popular H!P member, then obviously yeah, not many people will download it.
On the other side, I see that for the AKB tab, it's mostly TV + DVD torrents.
I remember a Suzanne+Yukina gravure photoshoot spread (from like last year) was also downloaded by many people...

In the end I think it's about which files are the most popular amongst a group of fans. I'm only saying though, since obviously you like H!P and AKB at the same time. But the thing is... hmm, like for example, if it's anime, the most popular files would be subbed final episodes. If it's kpop, then it would be an entire music show or maybe Dream Concert (a concert where many popular artists/idols perform). If it's JE, it would be... concerts and subbed shows? Idk :wub: If it's AKB, then it would be stages and AKBingo. If it's H!P, then would be ISOs and 320kbps audio rips.

Including "dead torrents" in the search makes the results a bit different.

Just wanted to post that.
All time fav: ℃
Current fav: b4z + Manaka

#69 Amoz

Amoz

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 2054 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:30 AM

As it seems too hard for people to read old posts, where the answers already are. I'm going to quote those answers to this post and lock this, because the conversation is clearly going in circles.

No one ever said we were going to change the name. And it won't be changing.

If/when we add picboard for other Idol groups it will be done with different tabs for different groups.

Tracker is going to have few changes anyway, when we update to IP.Board 3. And there might be new tabs there too.

If/when we add news for other idols to the main page it will be done with the tabs.

Same can be said of headers.

There is also going to be a General Idol Group type forum coming in future.

Idol here means idol in the sense of an H!P idol, AKB idol, etc.

We here work on this site, in our own free time - for free - for you the member.

Because we want to provide all of you with a choice that you may like. And we will continue to work on this site, in order to improve it further and in order for it to benefit the members here. Now, Hello!Online is Hello!Online, so whatever stage48, Nihongogo, JPH!P or others do, is their own business, not ours. I really want to emphasise that we are not competitors to these forums. I have many friends from these forums, and I respect the work they've put in over the years. Which if I dare guess, is done because they love what they do... and would like to share that with their users...

Before this flows into a long rant again, all I want to say is that we are only trying to make this site better.

Internet killed common sense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users