• This topic is locked This topic is locked
68 replies to this topic

#1 Otaku_blue

Otaku_blue

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 687 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 02:15 AM

This site has been constantly changing. But its only until now that alot of controversy between all the different idol groupsare getting serious.

if so why? Hello Online the well known site, should it be edited or redesigned?

Personally I dislike this as I thought this was a place just for HP fans. So the change is new to me.

But discuss your opinions here, instead of all over in the morning musume threads. :(

#2 mikari

mikari

.1/3 of miya's #1 fan ♥.//caramel's polar bear

• Senpai
  • 6506 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 02:47 AM

this site was originally made for all idols, but just a little heavier on the h!p side (prob cuz at the time, h!p was the leading idol agency (am i right? :() ) and i guess maybe, "this site is for any idol group" should be put somewhere where newcomers and members can see :wub:

Posted Image
check out ♥: my blog|gallery|graphics boutique|akb graphics|youtube|teen top
fanblog: tomocawaii| fanpages:Kanon|Miya|Nanami|Sengoku|Dayeon//siggie by me, avvie by bonbon~ ♥

#3 Arche-JoIyO

Arche-JoIyO

♥ Pudding of Puddings ♥

• Senpai
  • 9576 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 03:06 AM

Last time I said my opinion about this, I got called stupid. So yeah, can't say anything :( .

g8aHT2F.gif

#4 Glasseyelashes

Glasseyelashes

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 10775 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 03:45 AM

personally, i don't mind what they do, as long as morning musume, and all h!p artists are still a part of it.

#5 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 03:46 AM

No, last time you commented on this, you were not called stupid.

However, a conglomeration of accumulated comments were designated as "stupidity", but - there was no referring to any specific individual as being stupid.

Look, we've been here for years, and there's been a lot of comments from users, who even time after time having been told, explained, and gotten short and long elaborations on what our purpose here is, fail to understand what's been said.

At some point you stop to wonder what's going on, if your English perhaps isn't what you thought it was, or if there's something else going on. Even if you refer to the Terms of Service, the rules, the guidelines and so on, people still don't understand. It's pretty frustrating.

Anyways, mikari is right.

Hello!Project was the most dominating idol faction out there at one point in time, and as such the focus haven't been much on other idols - until now. If you're an idol lover, today is a good time. There are many, many idols in Japan experiencing success of varying degrees.

If you only limit yourself to Hello!Project, then perhaps things are more frustrating - I don't know - but this site does not limit itself to just Hello!Project.

If you want to download something, you can download something. If you don't want to, you don't have to.

More choice.

#6 mydnightzx

mydnightzx

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1206 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 04:03 AM

Actually I don't mind it being called Idols Online as they have always been more than H!P discuss here. Take a look at the Zone and Hinoi Team thread.

BUt after that you gonna have people argue that you should have gravure,anisong, gyaru idol or whatever idol added to the list.

The tracker currently support idols that have an actual discography and ex-idols who have left singing and dancing behind to become talent (yaguchi, Yossi)
I have never seen Yui Aragaki stuff there before or even Nana mizuki.

So I think it should stick to Hello ! Online as H!P pretty much is THE idol of the Heisei era which set the format for everybody else. In some cases, their descendants even improve the format.

Its a safe bet that this tracker/forum only supports idols that sing and dance in the immediate future.

Furthermore, based on forum activity, only the H!P and AKB threads are actually really active. Other idol thread not so much. Kpop has a big presence here but I would not lump them under Japanese Idol.
And don't the frontpage and twitter only post H!O news?
Imagine the hell if they post news on ALL idol actiivities.

So let's stick it to H!O and H!P centric for logistic sake at least.

Maybe it should be called Hello ! Online - We Love All Idols

#7 田中BOMB

田中BOMB

The eggs are hatching...

• Senpai
  • 897 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 04:06 AM

^
Well put, I agree. (Well about it being H!O and H!P centric)

NO MOLE,______.______ NO LIFE
Posted Image
l 田中れいな l 真野恵里菜 l 前田憂佳 l

#8 Otaku_blue

Otaku_blue

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 687 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 04:09 AM

I agree with what Nouciel said. If this was "idols Online".

why isn't AKB48 on the header or mentioned on the homepage, picboard or twitter.

Unless you can add a portal of somesort that links you to completely different forums. I think it will be difficult to make it idol online.

We were still fighting about where to place S/mileage, so imagining trying to sort out all the different idol groups.

In the end "Idol online" will become exactly like jphip. *shivers*

#9 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 04:15 AM

Let management worry about such details ^_^

#10 H!Pisbest♥Airi♥Risako♥

H!Pisbest♥Airi♥Risako♥

H!P idol addict

• Banned
  • 771 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 04:44 AM

I don't like it at all, if this was a site for all idols why is it called Hello!Online ?? I also find it kind of weird that a person that joined in 09 is talking about what the site originally was made for (not saying he/she is necessarily wrong it just seems weird)

I actually tried to watch stuff from different idol groups but i didn't like any of them one bit. They didn't remind me of H!P at all.

Also theres the problem of "fan rivalries". I already see WAY too many negative comment about H!P members, including some of my favorites like Risako.

#11 Otaku_blue

Otaku_blue

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 687 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 04:46 AM

Yeah its a work in progress =="

#12 Logan ⭐

Logan ⭐

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 603 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 06:18 AM

H!O is one of the best resources for H!P news and downloads, but I also get 90% of my AKB48 / Idoling!!! stuff here too. I feel some of the H!P fandom is very annoying due to the "IF NOT H!P, NO ONE." attitude. If supporting other idols groups here annoys some people, that's sort of stupid.

#13 MatchinColorGurl08

MatchinColorGurl08

10 years J-Pop and 9 years of K-pop

• Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 07:09 AM

What's the big deal about Hello! Online? :) If you go on forums like JPHIP, JPM and Soompi, they're the same except the rules are different, huge resources, and many members.

@Otaku_blue
Think about it. If we started adding pictures on the picboard then the comment will be anti hate. Also, fans of H!P will complains. :unsure: :P :o When AKB48 finally got their own sub forum, some Zone and H!P fans wasn't too happy about.

@Legend of Spira
I agree with you. I find that strange. :unsure:

#14 Otaku_blue

Otaku_blue

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 687 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 07:38 AM

Is there a way to make the site to ahve alot of sub areas.

Like we have the picboard. Then you can be directed to different portals sorta thing.

#15 iheartmomusu

iheartmomusu

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2163 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 08:42 AM

I don't have a problem with AKB/other idols appearing on the site as long as H!P is still a major part of the site. I think I'd be preeeetty annoyed if H!P was downgraded to becoming a sub part of the forum :\

#16 αλε-сиαη

αλε-сиαη

I'm (the H!P) Card Captor

• Senpai
  • 2652 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 10:06 AM

when i entered the forum i knew there were other subforums but i think i didn t care much because no one can reached where morning musume were. Now i know that's false, and maybe the most annoying for me is see that AKB48 is doing it. I dont hate the group, i've listened to some of their singles and liked but i dont feel identified myself with them, so i feel this is a defeat. Of course i know MM wouldnt be queens of idols of time but its sad see how they're losing popularity... i think this the orygin of all this for me, and well see that also in H!O are talking about them is just another plus for this..
its just my opinion, im not attacking to other fans :sob:
Ogawa Makoto - Risako Sugaya - Suzuki Kanon - Saki Shimizu - Fukuda Kanon - Maasa Sudo - Mai Hagiwara - Sengoku Minami - Umeda Erika - Karin Miyamoto Trading Buono, Berryz, MM and more cds for photocards

Posted Image

#17 ~asianqueen~

~asianqueen~

AI~ddicted & KAME~cted

• Senpai
  • 1915 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 12:36 PM

Hmm, well I've been a lurker for news for about a year, and just this past year, did I really get involved int he community and I've got to say, I've always got the implied feeling that H!O was centered about HP.

I never really noticed the ZONE forum, or even knew who they were, but it didn't really 'bother' me or anything. It was quite a shock to me when the AKB subforum was made and the tracker suddenly included non-H!P stuff.

However, I realized that H!O was probably changing from my initial implied feeling (mentioned above) and I quickly got over it seeing as how I'm always open to change and new things. I guess it's just an awkward transition for some others since H!P is also going through an awkward phase of not being on top of the idol world anymore; thus, all the hard feelings for the sudden change in H!O. (<=I swear that last sentence made more sense when I said it in my head >.<) All the intense fan rivalry is just part of this awkward transition I suppose. *shrugs*

So all in all, I still consider H!O as my major hotspot place to get the latest news concerning H!P, the same as others I suppose. I don't know if H!O is gonna do something as drastic as putting ALL idol news on the homepage and twitter. It would be a really big change that changes that status quo (aka: my initial implied feeling) and that kind of change is not something that can be done gradually because as soon as some non-H!P news is on the homepage, SOMEone will surely point it out. Not that thats a bad thing or anything.

I'm pretty sure a lot of people have had (or still has) my above mention 'implied feeling' that H!O was meant to be centered on H!P only. I mean, even the name is kinda similiar and a good majority of the members have H!P related avatars and signatures. It's hard to change the first impression when that same first impression has lasted for so long. So one can't really blame the fact that there is now a questioning of H!O's purpose now.

As for myself, overall, I'm satisfied with the way H!O is now~ As long as I can still choose what I want to see and what I don't want to see. Someone above mentioned the possibility that H!O might someday include gravure idols and I literally went.... O.o..... hahaha

well.... I put in my 2 cents observation/analyzation, if that counts in the overall dollar or anything. I could be wrong for I know, hahha *sweatdrop*

EDIT: wow... I SO did not know I had all this inside of me. Didn't mean for my '2 cents' to be THIS long. LOLZ
~My Guardian Angle; Not Angel~ @ ~My fanfic thread!!!~
Posted Image
+lovely sig made by SNIPER and uber cute avie by kawaii beam!+

#18 amped

amped

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 7117 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 02:33 PM

^ all idols news on the twitter feed? no way. too messy for me. i wont allow it.

#19 markRAWR

markRAWR

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 3473 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 02:38 PM

^ Last i knew it wasn't just you running the twitter page. And if the Admin who help with twitter want it on there, who are you to go against them?
Hello!Online as said was here when H!P was at it's peak, then other idol groups came along and people on here became fans. I am happy for people to talk about what they want. The world isn't just H!P and Japanese music...

#20 Maury Tuhis

Maury Tuhis

( • )( • )ԅ( ̄ε ̄ԅ)

• Senpai
  • 2037 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 03:48 PM

^ all idols news on the twitter feed? no way. too messy for me. i wont allow it.

Excellent attitude from a member of a community. "It's too messy for ME, therefore ANYONE can't have it."

"How can I help seeing what is in front of my eyes? Two and two are four."
"Sometimes, Winston. Sometimes they are five.
 Sometimes they are three. Sometimes they are all of them at once. You must try harder. It is not easy to become sane."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users