Photo

ZONE Reunion

• Please log in to reply
709 replies to this topic

Poll: ZONE Reunion: PRO or CONTRA (88 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you want ZONE reunion or don't?

1. YES (81 votes [92.05%])

Percentage of vote: 92.05%

2. NO (1 votes [1.14%])

Percentage of vote: 1.14%

3. Voted DON'T CARE (6 votes [6.82%])

Percentage of vote: 6.82%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#221 Kaoru Arashi

Kaoru Arashi

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 01:35 PM

Did anyone watch the Nico Nico Douga event?

It was quite amusing...! :lol: Much too short, imo....
I learned something new about Miyu!

They played the Yakusoku PV again so I really think they might give it a proper release one of these days. We just have to wait for it like MARIA's Tsubomi PV, I guess....

"Takeru is KING!!" XD

Oh, by the way, anyone have any messages for the paper airplane project over at zonefan? We'll need them soon, probably in the next couple of days....:)
http://zonefan.com/f...php?topic=920.0

Where did you watch Yakusoku PV? ^_^

#222 Soul of Zone

Soul of Zone

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 638 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 10:56 AM

Did anyone watch the Nico Nico Douga event?

It was quite amusing...! :lol: Much too short, imo....
I learned something new about Miyu!

They played the Yakusoku PV again so I really think they might give it a proper release one of these days. We just have to wait for it like MARIA's Tsubomi PV, I guess....

"Takeru is KING!!" XD

Oh, by the way, anyone have any messages for the paper airplane project over at zonefan? We'll need them soon, probably in the next couple of days....:)
http://zonefan.com/f...php?topic=920.0

Didnt managed to get into the room as it is full hahaha..
I dont have the premium account and i went in too late. :S

Oh...wow, that's too bad....Heh, I got kicked out on both nights because more premium members joined!
I was lucky to get back in! Heh, it was pretty crazy at times....There were so many comments at times, the whole screen was white! :lol:

Kaoru Arashi>> They played the Yakusoku PV on both nights of the Nico Nico Douga event. I haven't seen any uploads of it yet....

Heh heh, I thought of something earlier....Maiko's new band gives her a new nickname, doesn't it? As a loyal servant, I must serve "MAI QUEEN"....!! XD

Edited by Soul of Zone, 13 August 2011 - 01:16 PM.

あぁ. . .なつかしい memory. . .
忘れたくない あの笑顔. . . あの時. . .
もう放さない. . . この 思い出. . .

記憶のカケラ. . .

#223 Kaoru Arashi

Kaoru Arashi

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 12:40 PM

Soul of Zone >>> Thanks for information <3 I hope someone will upload it :D

#224 TheFrustrated

TheFrustrated

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 754 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 01:51 PM

ZONE was on Becky's show last night. I didn't even know about it. They were in kimono and making instant yakisoba. Afterwards, they performed Yakusoku!

#225 Soul of Zone

Soul of Zone

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 638 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 01:51 PM

I forgot to mention this, but I received my copy of the tribute album the other day! I listened to the tribute side that day and got up to and halfway through Taiyou no Kiss on the selected best side earlier.

I must say that I was surprised by all of the covers! You were right about Stereopony's version of Akashi, TheFrustrated! I really like their punk-styled approach to the original. The koto-like sounds on bump.y's Sotsugyou reminded me of the classic song, Sakura. I also really liked Shokotan's take on Shiroi Hana and yanagi nagi's version of Hitoshizuku. All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed the whole album! :)
あぁ. . .なつかしい memory. . .
もう放さない. . . この 思い出. . .

記憶のカケラ. . .

#226 Kaoru Arashi

Kaoru Arashi

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 10:55 AM

ZONE was on Becky's show last night. I didn't even know about it. They were in kimono and making instant yakisoba. Afterwards, they performed Yakusoku!

Do you know the show's name? ;;)

#227 Soul of Zone

Soul of Zone

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 638 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 11:59 AM

It was Happy Music. :)

http://www.ntv.co.jp/happy-music/

Speaking of Yakusoku, I finally got to it on the selected best album. It was great! :w00t: I was so moved, I was brought to tears....:sob:

It was fun finding the 10 phrases they chose for the lyrics. I heard that it was 1 phrase for each year since secret base....
あぁ. . .なつかしい memory. . .
もう放さない. . . この 思い出. . .

記憶のカケラ. . .

#228 TheFrustrated

TheFrustrated

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 754 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 03:28 PM

http://www.oricon.co...?cat_id=btn_top

ZONE made the news, of course! Pictures of the live have been included.

#229 Soul of Zone

Soul of Zone

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 638 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 03:55 PM

Wow, thanks for the link!

Haha, they started with GOOD DAYS again and performed it just like in the "Good Days"....! :lol:

Hmm....22 songs total....including true blue, and of course, secret base and Yakusoku....
I really wish a DVD or Blu-Ray comes out later on....Maybe a portion of those sales can be donated to charity as well. At least, the overseas fans that would be able to order it would feel like they're helping out, even just a little. :)

Those are some great pics.... :good:
あぁ. . .なつかしい memory. . .
もう放さない. . . この 思い出. . .

記憶のカケラ. . .

#230 qx123

qx123

Five Tiger Generals

• Dai-Senpai
  • 1585 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 05:06 PM

Woah...

Aw.. lucky fellows, who get to be at Akasaka Blitz :santa:

Hopefully there is a DVD made for the lives... its a bit sad to have only one budokan DVD for Zone.

#231 TheFrustrated

TheFrustrated

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 754 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 05:19 PM

Woah...

Hopefully there is a DVD made for the lives... its a bit sad to have only one budokan DVD for Zone.

On the Japanese forums, some people seem to think it will be on DVD. Also, the theaters seemed to be pretty packed according to what I read.

UPDATE!

ZONE announced today that they will continue their activity until the end of the year for charitable activities!

#232 qx123

qx123

Five Tiger Generals

• Dai-Senpai
  • 1585 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 04:54 AM

Woah...

On the Japanese forums, some people seem to think it will be on DVD. Also, the theaters seemed to be pretty packed according to what I read.

UPDATE!

ZONE announced today that they will continue their activity until the end of the year for charitable activities!

Woah... Thats sounds something good.
So thats "kinda an answer to Nakai kun query eh"

I was thinking a permanent return though <_< ..
Well at least this should make zone fans in japan happy. and hopefully for overseas fans like us, we get some video clips of the lives :santa:

#233 Soul of Zone

Soul of Zone

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 638 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 08:22 AM

When I saw that this morning, I got chicken skin....I even teared up a little....
Heh, it's not something that normally happens,but ZONE just has that effect over me, you know? ^^;

I was thinking that when they first came up with the reformation plan, they might make it for the rest of the year since this year is the 10th anniversary of secret base's release. But I think they might've limited it at first to just August to remain true to the lyrics and possibly gauge their audience....Wait, didn't someone say this before...?

I'm glad they announced to continue throughout the rest of the year....Maybe this'll mean more releases (Although, they have already released and announced quite a respectable amount in the past few months.) and maybe a KouHaku performance of Yakusoku....:)

ADD: Found some more news articles about last night's live. Note that they mostly say the same things. More great shots are included! :good:
One more thing was mentioned: A live DVD and a Photobook was apparently annnounced to go on sale at a later date! :w00t:
I don't know if it's different from the book scheduled for release in October, though....

We have more to look forward to in the coming months!

Sankei Sports
MSN Entertainment
WeRock City

Edited by Soul of Zone, 15 August 2011 - 08:53 AM.

あぁ. . .なつかしい memory. . .
もう放さない. . . この 思い出. . .

記憶のカケラ. . .

#234 TotallyUncool

TotallyUncool

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 876 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 12:12 PM

Woah...

UPDATE!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Like they're really, really going to hang up their rock n roll shoes after new year's! I don't think so -- ZONE is back in business, and it sure looks to me like they're back to stay!

I honestly think that Runtime's had this up its sleeve since they dropped the first hints about Z-ONE. The one true element of chance was the earthquake, which gave them a very good reason to focus on fund-raising events. But I think that without the earthquake, the story would have unfolded in a similar way, whether they were doing charity fund-raisers, or just playing gigs: start by testing the waters with a club gig in Sapporo as Z-ONE (remember - it was scheduled before the earthquake), go from there to a "limited-time" August-10-years-from-now comeback in Tokyo, Sony and Runtime hype it like crazy, loading it with tie-in goods, then extend the limited run to the end of the year. And the next step -- making it permanent -- is pretty obvious. I think it was planned (except for the earthquake :ph34r: ), and I think it's a very, very good plan (again, except for the earthquake).

Now here's a question: Who thinks they'll get picked for the Kohaku? The Kohaku loves sentimental favorites, and ZONE is definitely a sentimental favorite right now, so I think there's a very good chance.
Neither Heaven nor sky above,
neither Hell nor earth below.

#235 Soul of Zone

Soul of Zone

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 638 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 12:59 PM

Yes, exactly!! ZONE for KouHaku!

A secret base + Yakusoku medley would be perfect for their song choice....

If the reformation is made permanent, how do you think it would be handled? In what capacity will it be? Each of the members have their own solo work, and I don't think they'll give that up completely. Even the Reunion Live's setlist contained a good number of their own solo songs. They each have their own style of music that they wished to present to their audiences. Miyu has her R&B-styled dance pop, Maiko has Jack&Queen and her new, adult-styled rock form, and Tomoka has her own style of Rocking Pop.

I was thinking that they might do something similar to L'Arc`en~Ciel and keep both their band activities and solo projects going....
Miyu mentioned that it wasn't an easy decision to do the reformation. There must have been a lot of behind-the-scenes kinks they had to work out, plus what to do with their solo projects....

Edited by Soul of Zone, 15 August 2011 - 01:08 PM.

あぁ. . .なつかしい memory. . .
もう放さない. . . この 思い出. . .

記憶のカケラ. . .

#236 TheFrustrated

TheFrustrated

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 754 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 02:16 PM

Hey guys! Just got back from the live. I will make a live report on zonefan.com and then copy it over here. But there are a few things I want to say first:

First and foremost, it was GREAT!
Second of all, today's live will be making it's way on a DVD PLAYER NEAR YOU!
Third of all to those who participated in the ZONE paper airplane project: The plane flew VERY WELL! It came less than a foot to hitting Tomoka in the leg. :) Just inches, even.

That's all until for now. Check back here soon and at zonefan There are plenty of surprises before, during and after the live.

#237 qx123

qx123

Five Tiger Generals

• Dai-Senpai
  • 1585 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 02:24 PM

Hey guys! Just got back from the live. I will make a live report on zonefan.com and then copy it over here. But there are a few things I want to say first:

First and foremost, it was GREAT!
Second of all, today's live will be making it's way on a DVD PLAYER NEAR YOU!
Third of all to those who participated in the ZONE paper airplane project: The plane flew VERY WELL! It came less than a foot to hitting Tomoka in the leg. :) Just inches, even.

That's all until for now. Check back here soon and at zonefan There are plenty of surprises before, during and after the live.

Oh.. now thats a very good piece of news :lol:

#238 °Cal.Mer.Sac

°Cal.Mer.Sac

Let's tanobaru!!!

• Senpai
  • 4455 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 03:00 PM

i just saw the video where the three sang secret base... i cant be more serious when i say that i was overcome with emotions. i wanted to cry listening to them. i cant describe this intense feeling of nostalgia.
Posted Image

#239 Soul of Zone

Soul of Zone

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 638 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 03:02 PM

Ah, so tonight's live is the choice for the DVD? Either way, I can't wait to see it! :w00t:

And thanks for flying the plane! I was really praying hard that it'll fly well and not hit anybody on the way! Well, if it had to come close to hitting someone, I guess it was a good thing it made it on stage! :lol:

Can't wait for your live report, TheFrustrated! :good:
あぁ. . .なつかしい memory. . .
もう放さない. . . この 思い出. . .

記憶のカケラ. . .

#240 TheFrustrated

TheFrustrated

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 754 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 03:23 PM

Ah, so tonight's live is the choice for the DVD? Either way, I can't wait to see it! :w00t:

And thanks for flying the plane! I was really praying hard that it'll fly well and not hit anybody on the way! Well, if it had to come close to hitting someone, I guess it was a good thing it made it on stage! :lol:

Can't wait for your live report, TheFrustrated! :good:

Working on it right now! They might find out about their foreign fans yet! You'll see why soon. Can't stop listening to Miyu's Crazy.

UPDATE: For those who care to take a look, I posted some of the report on zonefan.com. Well, in a few minutes, that is. Not sure if I will get the rest up before I got to bed or not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users