• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#41 Lawrence

Lawrence

Genki ni, KOHA =D

• Senpai
  • 2128 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 12:53 PM

wow, i love this story and i LOLed when i read it was sayu in chapter one, why was i not surprised? XDD

i would guess it's Reina and not Risa for some reason, i think it's more her or maybe hopefuly t3h turtle!!! =3

#42 Haru.Mc

Haru.Mc

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 305 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 10:49 PM

JAJAJAJJAJAJAJJA this is soooo funny :good:

Compared to Sailor Moom... Yeah Kon Kon made an Excellent Ami :lol:

If you put it in that way Yossie could be Haruka, blond... tall... charmed ^^;

But I really DO NOT think Rika coould be MY MICHIRU.. she's to much <o<

Gaki's to sexy for been Tuxedo Kamen XD and Usagi... well Usa-chan XD

-_-

Inside a Demon ~ Miki ~ Outside a Queen

#43 writerjunkie

writerjunkie

Team Kame!

• Senpai
  • 1142 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 12:55 PM

CHAPTER 5

I went to see grandpa the next day. I just had to. Thinking about that girl was becoming too much. I needed to clear up these questions. the girl was bugging me. I have to find something about her. And I get the feeling that my grandfather will know. If I can find him that is. He's nowhere to be seen. I've checked his room. The kitchen. And the living room. Where else can he be? He's never around the other two floors. He stays mainly on the first one. Maybe he's out back repairing his garden. I'll go check there. Through the glass door, leading to the backyard I can see him, working quietly into the soil from the open door way. I walk through and start to approach him, thinking on how I would ask him the question I've been pondering for some time. I step on to the grass, hesitating to move or speak. His back is still towards me, attending furiously on his flowers.

“What is it Sayumi?”

“H-how did you know I was there?”

He stops humming some old song I don't know and looks over his shoulder.

“My sense are still strong. Though my sight might be fading a bit.” He admits

He wipes the dirt off his hands and stands up. His gardening tools are left to the side for a split second. Maybe I shouldn't ask him. I notice he's looking at me and I smile, bashfully. He has on a caring expression, waiting for me to speak at my own time.

“Uh...grandpa, there's...can I ask you something?”

“Of course you can.”

“Uh...I've been wondering. Remember how you said there's a south gate. Well...isn't there a north gate or even a west one?”

“Yes there is, but that isn't your concern. You're job is to guard the south gate. Why are you curious suddenly?”

I fidget for a second. “Well...you see I met this girl yesterday and...I,” He looks to me curiously. Should I say it? I will “It felt like...I knew her.”

He puts a hand to his white beard, thinking. “Was there anything strange about her? A necklace perhaps? A ring?”

I try to remember back for a second, but my memory has failed me. I come up empty handed. I shake my head. It isn't my fault I don't look at those lower than me. They're not worth my time, but this girl...there's something there. I can't say what it is, but I want to know her.

“None at all. She had nice nails, but I don't think that helps.” I scratch the back of my head, upset

“You have nothing to worry about. But if you do so happen to meet up with another gatekeeper it is best that you stay away from them.”

He sounds so scary the way he said it. He makes it sound like something bad will happen to me. What could go wrong? The person is like me so that means we can help each other! The more the better right? We could use all the help we can get.

“What should happen if we do meet grandpa?”

“Only trouble and death can come if you two come across each other. It just best that you get far away from your opposite as possible. Promise me that Sayumi.”

I've never seen him so serious. It's kind of scary. I stare back at him and nod, giving in to his demand.

“I promise grandpa.”

He smiles, pleased. His normal lighter face is put back on. If all this can happened then I guess it is best that I forget that girl. But when we met nothing bad happened. No one even died. Everything was perfectly fine. Then she can't be the northern gatekeeper. She's just a normal person. Who isn't as rich as me, but has nice clothing. It's safe to be around her I think.

“Thank you grandpa. I'll see you later.”

I go back in the house. My head filled with other options and questions. Some have been answered others have only sparked my curiosity, filled me with assumptions and ever growing questions. I'm not sure if I should listen or if any of this is true. I'm not even that sure if the girl I've seen yesterday is the same like me. She was just too normal. Too...boring. Well maybe not boring. She sure had something about her that makes me like her. I'm drawn to her. She's very attractive I can't lie about that. I guess the only way I can know is if I go looking for her myself. And I get the feeling that she's still near by.

I didn't look for her the next day. I wanted to, but I felt that maybe it's best I don't try. But if my gut feeling does not fail me then I will for sure meet her again. Probably when I go out shopping next time. Which just might be soon, but not today. Today my grandpa wanted me up early to show me something that was related to my training. I have no idea what it is, but he expects me to meet him. How can I do that if he's nowhere to be seen, again! He just disappears a lot. I hate that. How can someone so old move that swiftly around a three story mansion?! That man never ceases to amaze me.

“Sayu?”

I see Aika and Koharu down the hall. Maybe they'll know where grandpa is.

“Are you looking for you grandfather?” Aika questions “He's in the basement.”

“The basement?”

They nod and walk with me to the room. Of all the places my grandpa is there? That place is scary and packed with a lot of things my parents don't want anymore. Why would he be there? He has nothing down there. I open the basement door and notice the light that's on. I carefully walk down the steep stairwell. At the bottom I feel the cold draft and shiver. In the middle of the room, light by the pale yellow light of the over head bulb, I see my grandpa, standing there. I take a look of my surroundings and notice that the room is empty and filled with many books. What is a basement doing filled with books and jars? Shouldn't this room be packed with things my parents no longer want? Yet it's fairly empty and enough room for people to easily walk around. I join my grandpa, still not having a clue was to why this basement isn't how it should be. Aika and Koharu come close behind me in silence. They're not effected by the strange place my grandpa chose to meet me.

“Good morning Sayumi. I'm glad you came. You remembered.” He smiles at

I'm not in the mood for his kindness. I demand he tells me why I'm here in a place like this when I can be somewhere less creepy and cold. He turns away from me and walks over to a table that's littered with various books. What are these doing here? I hope he has no intention of making me READ them. Pfh. Ridiculous. I've never read a book and I never intend to. I don't need them.

“Grandpa why am I here?”

He looks over a book, brushing his fingers over the yellow pages and flipping through the book briefly. His small eyes come back to me, no longer interested in the books before him.

“This is where you'll be training. That is why.”

“Huh?”

Training this soon?!

“Everything you need for fighting demons is here. Books, potions, weapons, they're all here.”

“So...does that mean you want me to train right now?” I question

“Well, yes.” He chuckles, finding my question absurd to ask

“I don't want to! I don't even need it.” I whine

I'll do and say just about anything to get out of physical training. I hate it. I'm no good at it. What makes him think I'm good at this crap? I can't even swap away a fly. He motions his hands to the weapons around him. I shake my head and cross my arms. I'm not doing this.

“If you do not want to train then maybe some studying will help you. Let's start with this book.” He picks up a book with a black leather cover and points it towards me.

He's not going to let me win is he? And I get the feeling he wont' let me leave this basement without coming out with some sort of knowledge about my fate. I hate this. I always win! Why can't he just let me win and be some normal girl rather than this girl that has to fight all these evil spirits. Are they even real?! I don't see them anywhere. All I've seen is a demon, but spirits are a no go. He's just making them up probably to scare me. He's a sick man. I look at him, still holding the book out to me. He won't give up. I think this is where I get my stubbornness. I groan out and stomp my way over, taking the book into my hands. He smiles. I glare, not liking the defeat I just showed.

“We'll start at page one.”

I flip open the book and read the lettering printed neatly to the pages. It comes with a picture too. I scan down to the picture, seeing that it's the most interesting than the context inside. Ah that demon he...what the hell is this?! Does every demon have a...I don't even want to think about it! At least now I know all demons don't just have horns and a tail. That scares me. This is torture! Maybe I should have stuck to physical training! I cringe as I read the letters describing more than the picture can. I let out a sigh. This is going to be long. This is going to be so boring!

#44 Mieko

Mieko

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 458 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 01:07 PM

hehehe...too bad Sayu, I guess it's physical study or mental study...Either way, it's still study
Posted Image
Thanks to Risa/ Misa for the Siggy! ^.^

#45 TakaGakiFTW

TakaGakiFTW

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 323 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 01:24 PM

lol normal studying has to be a lot more boring than studying demons and stuff Sayu..:w00t:
Take for example me trying to study Chemistry, Physics, Plane Trigonometry, Research, Advanced Algebra and Statistics at the same time..:wub:..It's torture girl..XD

Lol maybe Sayu should have just stuck with the physical training..but..wait she's not physically challenged in this fic right? XD

Posted Image

I LURB nine o'clock~ She made my avi and sig <3 Visit; Randomness at Your Service and TKGKFTW's Longer Projects

#46 LexLyp

LexLyp

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1124 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 02:20 PM

“What should happen if we do meet grandpa?”
“Only trouble and death can come if you two come across each other. It just best that you get far away from your opposite as possible. Promise me that Sayumi.”

Weird. One would expect that guardians would be better when working with other guardians.
If that mystery girl(Risa, right?) happens to be another guardian, then this would be killing the GakiShige. Noo!!
I think my assumptions are a little too far off. XD

“So...does that mean you want me to train right now?” I question
“Well, yes.” He chuckles, finding my question absurd to ask
“I don't want to! I don't even need it.” I whine

Oh, yes you do.
Did you even notice the way you fight that small blob demon that night? :w00t:

I'll do and say just about anything to get out of physical training. I hate it. I'm no good at it.

:wub: Expected. I'd be worried if she was looking forward to physical training.

“If you do not want to train then maybe some studying will help you. Let's start with this book.” He picks up a book with a black leather cover and points it towards me.

XD Physical training or book study?
They both sound as bad in Sayu's ears.

#47 deukkae

deukkae

dreamcatcher.

• Senpai
  • 9043 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 03:05 PM

LOL Poor Sayu. ^_^

드림캐쳐 x 다미

twitter

#48 writerjunkie

writerjunkie

Team Kame!

• Senpai
  • 1142 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 10:22 PM

CHAPTER 6

“Ugh. Grandpa what are we doing here?!” I yell “My legs hurt!”

Why did he have to bring me out here to train? And make me walk up a hill. A tall one at that! I feel like my lungs are on fire and I'm about to pass out in this disgusting green grass. If bugs get on me I'm going to kill him! I'll scream of course and flare my arms, but I will also be sure to threaten him to have icky bugs crawl all over me. I shudder at such these horrible thoughts. I hate the outdoors. Who even invented this stuff as fun?! I look ahead of me, with my hand over my eyes to block the sun. It's extra hot today with not a single cloud in the sky. It would be better if I had brought some shades, but they wouldn't match my current outfit though. It's so cute by the way. I have these great shoes with little ribbons at the end. The last pair too isn't that...I nearly stumble over a rock, seeing that I've been thinking too much about how amazingly cute I look today. I need to pay attention. Even if this is the most boring thing in the world. I can't fall and have dirt on my clothes now can I? I focus to the harsh reality in front of me. I can see my grandpa barely through the sun. He's all the way ahead of us. How can he climb this thing without a problem?! Won't he get heat stroke? He's no ordinary old man I guess. Aika and Koharu are close behind him. And he's ignoring me again! I hate being ignored! Can't we just go home already?!

“Grandpa!”

We stop walking. I nearly topple over in exhaustion. I better check my hair and make-up. I can feel myself starting to sweat. I take out my mirror and start to check myself over, carefully. I brush down my bangs. My eyeliner is fine. I press my lips together to see if the lip-gloss is still fresh. Ok I'm still presentable for everyone to see. I close the mirror and tumble back to the person who is staring WAY too close at me.

“Koharu why are you always sneaking up on me like that!”

“Sorry.” She rubs the back of her head “Uh...you don't need your mirror you know. And you should have probably put on something less expensive.”

I glare at her. She reminds quiet and walks away, getting the hint that I don't need her suggestions right now. I put my mirror back into my purse with the biggest scowl on my face. I had to climb up a hill today and on top of that it's hot and sunny. A perfect day to be at a pool party or to be doing something other than this. My grandfather just likes to let me suffer doesn't he? My grandpa turns around looking at me with his sunhat put on properly to his bald head. He stands there proud and excited. Yeah only because he's not the one who has to do this training crap. He just gets to yell orders.

“Are you ready Sayumi?”

“Grandpa I don't want to do this.” I whine

“Sayumi, try to understand how important this is. It isn't just for you, but for the people in this city. Their lives are in your hands. They are innocent and unaware of the evil around them. It's up to you to save them. Only you can see these spirits.”

“But if only I can see them then how did you see that demon in the yard?” I question

“Well that's because we too have our own magic to see these spirits. The people down there do not. Because I am your teacher I can see what you do too in order to help you. The same goes for your servants.”

Well that's good...I guess. But then if I can only see this stuff does that mean that people would think I'm crazy fighting some invisible force? I do NOT want to make myself look stupid in front of others. And since when did I agree to fighting these things anyway? I'm still against the whole idea and it's your destiny thing. That's a load of bullshit.

“So then shouldn't I make myself invisible?”

“You can't. You are still human. The spirits aren't. The same goes for demons. Most would like to stay hidden, but there will be times when it appears which is sometimes much worse than when it is not seen. Another thing, beware of demons that are disguised as humans.”

Great there's different kinds. Why can't they all just be one species and I can just go on my way to killing them. They shouldn't be hiding or doing whatever else. It would make my job MUCH easier. I really don't want to do this. I hate this the more I hear about it and face it. Why can't people protect themselves! Or hire someone to do it! That's what I would do. My grandfather motions for me to come over. I have no other choice but to listen again. He places me where he stood and stands beside me.

“Look and tell me what you see.” He demands

I look down the hill. There's a clear view of the buildings and busy cars below. People are walking and hurrying to be somewhere. The lights to the streets change. It's your normal city. Very busy and noisy. Nothing special. And it's boring to watch.

“I see Tokyo grandpa.” I grumble

“Then you are seeing wrong.”

I turn my head to him. “Huh?”

He keeps his eyes to the city. What is he getting at? I think the heat has melted his brain. I turn back to Aika and Koharu to see if I can get someone to be on my side. All they have to do is say my grandpa's crazy and they're on my side and he would probably stop this nonsense. Only, it doesn't go that way. They just gesture for me to face back to the front and continue. I frown again. I just never win do I ? So I turn around. I still don't see what he does. I'm not delusional like him. I'm perfectly fine and sane might I add. I wish I can say for my grandfather as well, but right now it's hard to say that he isn't.

“What AM I supposed to see?” I snip

“You need to stop seeing like a normal person first. Use the necklace to help you.”

I stare until I'm squinting for anything to show up and my head is starting to hurt. There is nothing. I repeat NOTHING I see that's strange. Just stupid people trying to go somewhere when all they need to do is get in their private plane to travel. I stop squinting and hold my head. It hurts now.

“Grandpa,”

“Close your eyes.”

I give him a strange look. He doesn't face me still.

“Close your eyes and clear your mind. It is important that you see this Sayumi. This is one of the important skills you need to have.”

I listen and rest my eyes. I take a deep breath, trying to think of anything that relaxes me and flushes all thoughts from my mind. There is no more worries or fears. Not hatred or disappoint. It's nothing. It's empty. I breathe out slowly. Feeling myself become less tense. My body feels strange. As if it's floating or glowing. I can't hear anything but my breathing.

“Open your eyes, Sayumi.”

The second I do I jump back, startled.

“WHOA!”

The streets and buildings it's...glowing? There is this strange cloud over the city sky. Some are blue, others are red, purple, and even black. The black ones are the most scariest of them all. This stuff wasn't there before! How did he do this? Is this real?

“Grandpa, what IS this?” I whisper

Afraid if I speak any louder the dark clouds would swirl over me and take me. Whatever this stuff is, I don't like it or trust it. It scares me even. I shiver on impulse.

“Those are demons Sayumi. Well...some are. Others are spirits.” he turns his head at me “The blue auras are humans, black ones are spirits, and the red and purple ones are demons. Try to remember that. It's important.”

I never had an idea there were so many evil beings around here. And all these people...they don't even realize it. They don't see the danger around them. They're just living their lives, trying to survive or make things better. They're weak. I think I'm starting to understand this training. Shouldn't I do something to get rid of these evil beings? It is my rightful place to do so.

“This is your domain Sayumi. This here is your gateway. You are to at all times try to maintain what goes on or tries to cause havoc to this city. You do not worry about anything else. Leave the other places to the other gatekeepers.”

I nod, understanding. The rules are set and are simple. I only worry about my gate. The others should do their jobs. I wonder what would happen if things were not followed? It can't be all that bad. I mean it'll be good to meet the other keepers. They could possibly help you in doing a better job. Yet my grandpa stresses so much as to never cross paths with them. And I should probably listen, but the curiosity in me comes and I just have to see what would happen. This all the sudden reminds me back to the girl from a few days before. I wonder where she is or what she's doing. I would like to see her again for an odd reason. She's someone I barely know and yet I feel the urge to be around her. It feels right to have her near me. I don't understand that. I shouldn't tell grandpa though. He'll get angry.

“Grandpa, that red light is getting closer to the white one.” I point out

I see the small dots come close together and then suddenly the red pin prick light moves at an alarming rate with the white dot behind. Something isn't right.

“What's happening?”

“This is not good.” He mutters

What is he saying now? What's not good? What's going to happen?! I'm scared. Why won't he tell me what's going on.

“Aika, Koharu, come quickly.”

They don't waste a second to respond. They automatically look to the city and notice what I point out. Their reactions are just the same as my grandfather's. Why won't they tell me anything!?

“Grandpa?”

“You'll have to save them Sayumi.”

“EH?!” I nearly choke “R-right now?!”

“If you don't they just might die.”

I look from my grandpa to the city back and forth a few times. I...I can't. I just can't!

“But...it's so far down!”

“Use the necklace, Sayu.” Koharu reminds me

I don't think calling a sword will help me reach down there faster. It's useless just like this necklace! Stupid crap. How do I use it anyway? I feel around for it as if there's some type of button to activate it, but all it is, is a solid gem with no devices attached. It seems so normal. So harmless.

“And how the hell do I do that?”

“Use it to summon something.” Aika replies

Summon something. Uh...what should I chose? It can give me anything right? Let me see...I got something.

“Uh...bike!”

Lighting comes from my necklace once again and zaps to the ground. Then I feel myself being lifted and my feet can't touch the floor anymore. What is this? I grip on to the white bolt of magic not knowing what to expect. The light goes away and I see that I'm sitting on top of a motorcycle. AH! I'm gonna fall! The engine is on and purring, ready to drive.

“Grandpa!”

“It's alright Sayumi. The necklace will help you.”

How do I get this to work? Let's see..is it here? I squeeze the handle and turn it, then the thing starts speeding forward. Quickly, descending down the hill. I'm freaking out to the max. My loose hair is flying everywhere, whipping at my face. I hit a big rock and I jump high in the air, tumbling.

“AH!”

Everything in my purse falls out. Including my mirror. Damn it! It was my favorite mirror! No use in keeping my purse now. I take it off my shoulder with some struggle and throw it behind me. I just remembered something...I don't know how to stop! Holy crap. How do I stop?! UWAH!

“Grandpa I can't stop!”

I know he can't hear me, but I was hoping he would. I'm on my own now. God, oh god. I'm gonna die!

#49 deukkae

deukkae

dreamcatcher.

• Senpai
  • 9043 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 10:39 PM

^OH MY GOD SAYU!

Is she going to be okay? :blush:

드림캐쳐 x 다미

twitter

#50 GoodMorningXD

GoodMorningXD

XD not DX

• Senpai
  • 619 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 03:06 AM

She'll be fine. It's Sayu for god's sake. Her ichiban kawaii-ness will clearly make the demons melt with all that is cute and sweet in this world.
Like rainbows and lollipops. ^_^ And unicorns.

Sayu should have summoned a unicorn. ^_^

Posted Image
~kawaii beam! makes Eri beam!~
Visit GoodMorning's Notebook of Scribbles.

#51 deukkae

deukkae

dreamcatcher.

• Senpai
  • 9043 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 03:19 AM

^ XD You're right, that's true. :huh:

드림캐쳐 x 다미

twitter

#52 nine o'clock

nine o'clock

九時零分

• Senpai
  • 666 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 04:52 AM

Curse actually having a life and missing out on updates. D:<

And I still say that whoever designed that necklace (if it was designed by anyone at all) was kind of... dumb. It can summon a flippin' motorcycle!!! ...but can't disguise itself to match your outfit. ROFL or maybe the designer wasn't dumb, they're actually a GENIUS at torturing the wearer and making them adjust their wardrobe. A sadist. ...that designer was you, wasn't it? *eyes Writer*

Yes! Another fight and another opportunity to see Sayu TRY be physical. Oh please let there be the tossing of roses and corny words of encouragement <<I believe Rini is summoning pegasus... I mean THE UNICORN at the end there, Gee.

So wait, the people can't see the spirits/demons... but they can see the ones that are disguised as humans, right? LOL, why use a disguise when you can be invisible? Silly demons. XD Oh I guess maybe some demons don't have the ability to be invisible so they have to use disguises instead, maybe. @_@ Complicated.

Ohnoes! Sayu dropped her mirror! Seven years bad luck! D:

Posted Image
   graphics | Last.fm | fanfiction

#53 LexLyp

LexLyp

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1124 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 10:15 AM

I take out my mirror and stare to check myself over, carefully.

I'm imagining the mirror to be her infamous one from the MM auditions video. :wub:

“Uh...you don't need your mirror you know. And you should have probably put on something less expensive.”

Good point, Koharu. Better watchout now before Sayu physically harms you for your smart comments.

But then if I can only see this stuff does that mean that people would think I'm crazy fighting some invisible force? I do NOT want to make myself look stupid in front of others.

:wub: Seeing Sayu slashing air would be entertaining but dangerous. She might get herself arrested for threatening public safety, ironic when she's actually protecting the public.

And I should probably listen, but the curiosity in my comes and I just have to see what would happen.

The rebellious nature of humans. The word 'don't' cannot be pictured in our minds, thus it tends to be ignored. Which is a good thing because only then we'll have GakiShige!

The light goes away and I see that I'm sitting on top of a motorcycle.

:w00t: Sayu on motorcycle! Whoo!!!
Spoiler

#54 writerjunkie

writerjunkie

Team Kame!

• Senpai
  • 1142 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 05:35 PM

CHAPTER 7

“AH! I can't steer this thing!!! Watch out!”

Can't people see I'm on a bike that I have no idea on how to control!? I grip the motorcycle as it drives on the sidewalk, zipping me through the crowd. The people walking spot me and each one runs away or dives to the side to save themselves. They yell a few things at me, but I can't reply back since the last thing I want to do is slam into a pole. What is this?! How am I supposed to do my job if these people I need to protect are in my way? I try to get some control of the motorcycle and at the same time try to locate the demon that has a hold of someone. I clear my mind again to get a better reading on where it is. My vision in front of me changes. I'm no longer seeing as a normal person, but as the person I'm destined to be. People around me glow different colors and some buildings even have that black cloud around them. I have to remind myself to not shop in there anymore! Oh, right. I have to focus back at kicking this demon's ass. I'll show him to try and steal a human! Feel my wrath you evil demon thingy. I lean against the motorcycle to try and fight against wind resistance. I could use a helmet. It's harder to see with the wind in my eyes. My necklace flashes the white light again and I feel something go on my head. It gave me a helmet? Yatta! And I didn't even have to call it. Now I can focus on getting this damn demon. Where ever it is. I concentrate to get a clearer view while keeping control of the motorcycle. People continue to yell at me as I drive with lightening speed, but I pay no mind to it since all that matters is saving this person who's being taken. The demon makes a turn and I easily follow after. It's a dead end. I don't know if I should be happy about that or scared. Maybe scared. Yep...I'm feeling scared. The girl the demon has slams into a wall, knocking her to the ground. She screams, covering herself from any further attacks. He stands over her, letting a laugh out as he stays there, watching her. What should I do now? I don't have a weapon. The girl screams again and he laughs menacingly as he draws near, with his hand raised. I need to do something! He's too far. Can't I just use something to shoot him with? My hand begins to glow again, staring from the palm of my hand, the glowing takes a shape of some sort of weapon. The form of it is outlined with light. When it's done the light dies down, giving me a look to the new weapon. It's a bow and arrow. How am I supposed to use this?! I don't even have good aim! The girl screams again and the guy's hand turns into a large scaly claw with curved sharp nails. I'll just have to take a chance and hopefully hit him. The jerk. I lift up my arms, struggling to keep my balance while sitting on the motorcycle. I grip the arrow and pull back my arm. I close one eye and aim as best I can. Here goes nothing. I let the string go and feel the arrow slip through my fingers at stop speed. The arrow rips through the demon's sleeve and pins into the brick wall. Damn it. I missed. He turns around and glares at me. Oh shit. My first reaction is to drive away with my motorcycle but I can't. I have to make sure he's dead. I get off the bike and stand there, shaking. Oh like he should care! He was probably going to cover it in blood anyways with this girl. Since when did demons become so dumb?

“That's an expensive shirt. You'll pay for that bitch.” He hisses

His eyes glow red and his teeth start to grow. His whole body is changing, showing me his true face. He is so damn ugly! I'm so glad I'm going to kill you. It would be doing you a favor as well with that face. Not even make-up can hide it! Both his hands are large as if they could take my head into it's palm and crush it. This is getting really scary. He pulls the arrow out of the wall and throws it. He charges towards me and I set up my arrow to shoot again. I don't try to aim well enough and just let it go. It gets him right in the chest. He stumbles back, but it doesn't kill him. Ok, I'm worried. My arrow disappears and is quickly replaced with a dagger. I wanted a sword! I didn't ask for a dagger stupid necklace! The demon swings his fist and it hits me in the chest, sending me flying in the air. I can't breathe. It took all the air out of my lungs. That really hurt! I sit up against the wall to try and get some air. I'm surprised I'm not dead!

“Not so tough now are you?” He grins

I glance to the alley entrance. Grandpa...where are you!? No one is here. It's just me and this demon that's about to hack me into pieces. I'm going to die and I never expected it so soon or like this. I cover myself as he comes in, taking joy in each step as he closes in. He picks me up from my shirt with his snake like skin. His eyes are flaring red and his mouth is filled with long yellow teeth ready to take a bite from me.

“Let's see the pretty organs inside.”

He lifts up his left hand, his long finger nail ready to gut me open like some fish. I gulp, seeing that is this it. I'm done for. I just hope it doesn't hurt too much! I close my eyes and cringe. Some servants I have! The grip on my shirt disappears and the guy start yelling out in pain. I open my eyes and see that he has a knife through his wrist, blood profusely spilling out. I look to the alley way and see Grandpa there with Koharu and Aika. I feel less scared with them near. I run away from the guy just as he yanks the knife out of his arm. Black blood drips everywhere. He's even angrier than before. I think running would be a good idea.

“Kill him!” My grandpa demands

He STILL wants me to do that?! Even after I've just nearly got chopped to bits? I look at him. He has a determined face. He believes I can do this. Yet I can't believe in myself. I think it's time to suck up the fear and the fact that I'm physically challenged. I face in front of me. I glare at him, watching his every move. It's a kill or be killed life I have now. I open my hand again, feeling a solid form beginning to settle in my palm. I just hope I got the right weapon this time. I feel the cold metal into my hand and lift up my arms. It's a sword. Just what I needed. The demon lets out a hiss. It's time to put an end to this. He rushes at me again and I push away the fear and do what comes to mind. I swing my sword. His roaring stops, his posture from stiff and erect to slump and forward. It was as if I gave him a mean punch to the gut. I grab on to the hilt of my sword with both hands, not knowing what else to do. He's towered over me, bent. He' s much bigger than me and taller. I'm sure he weights a ton! A choked gurgle is let out and I back away with my sword still in my hands. I look to my toward and see that the whole blade is coated completely in his dark blood. I turn to him, he's in the same pose. His face displaying pain, his mouth drips blood and he has a hand over where the sword hit. I got him in the stomach but I think the stab was at an angle that pierced his heart. His shirt is drenched in blood. I stand there stuck on what I've done.

“Finish him Sayumi! Send him back to hell!” Grandpa reminds me

I pick up my sword that I haven't realized I put down and pick up my arms again. I rush over to the stumbling demon and swing my sword, slicing through him diagonally and more blood sprays out like a rushing river. Drops of it get on to my clothes. The demon screams and a light similar to my sword surrounds him. I shield my eyes and turn away as his screaming magnifies. Wind swirls around me followed by intense heat from the light. Then it all disappears and a large front of hot air comes out after wards. The demon is gone, without a trace left behind. Yet that stuff stays on my clothes?! What the hell is up with that?! My coat is now ruined! It was one of my favorites too! My pants and shoes...noooo! The girl still stuck in corner of the alley way is approached by Aika and Koharu while my grandpa comes to me. I can hear them trying to tell her she's safe and that she can leave. The poor thing I petrified! I face my grandpa and take off my helmet.

“My coat is ruined! Do you see that?!” I complain

He pats me on the shoulder, not in the mood to hear my ranting. I take off my coat. I might as well throw this out.

“You've done well. You're learning Sayumi.” He praises me “It's probably best that you get a limo over here. You'll raise questions with the blood on your clothes like that.”

“I don't have my purse.”

“Not a problem. Aika?”

“Yes?”

She comes running up to us. He doesn't have to say much because Aika pieces together what he wants and presents to me my purse. It's covered in dirt, but at least I didn't lose it. I take it without a thank you and look inside to see if I have everything. My mirror! I pull it out then frown. It's cracked. I hate this day so much. I stare at it, pouting, sulking over the loss of one of my favorite accessories. It was like a friend to me. My grandpa coughs to get my attention. Oh yeah, my cell phone. I go back into my bag digging inside. Found it!

“Ah here it is!”

I flip it open and start pressing the buttons that will help me get out of here. When I get home I'm taking the longest bath ever!

#55 deukkae

deukkae

dreamcatcher.

• Senpai
  • 9043 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 05:49 PM

.........:wub:

WOW! ^_^

She killed him! XD

드림캐쳐 x 다미

twitter

#56 GoodMorningXD

GoodMorningXD

XD not DX

• Senpai
  • 619 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 09:43 PM

Sayu is like, OMFG amazing. XD
Even in the midst and the heat of battle, she can worry about how her shirt will be stained forever, just like a good idol. Clearly, no demon monsters can destroy the super power known as the evil bunny.
I think Sayu with like, a bow and arrow would be like, the coolest thing ever. She'd be like Zelda. <3

Let's see what other crazy antics you can come up with Issa. <3

Posted Image

#57 GoodMorningXD

GoodMorningXD

XD not DX

• Senpai
  • 619 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 09:43 PM

... IGNORE THE DOUBLE POST. DX

Posted Image

#58 Mieko

Mieko

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 458 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 11:19 PM

I almost thaought the demon was going to seriously hurt her!~>.< Gald Sayu got away without a scratch.

It's almost funny how when she needed a long shot weapon, I thought bow & arrow, and then it happened. She got a bow& arrow.......it's my psychicness..
Posted Image
Thanks to Risa/ Misa for the Siggy! ^.^

#59 LexLyp

LexLyp

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1124 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 10:08 AM

Sayu + bike + bow&arrow = Cool! :ongaku:

I understand her confusion/frustration that, the demon disappears, why not the stains?! :unsure:

The whole time I was waiting for the tossing of roses and corny/cheesy words of encouragement but it didn't come :wub:

“Finish him Sayumi! Send him back to hell!” Grandpa reminds me

Weird that in my head the first line sounds like the ones you hear from Mortal Kombat while the second part I imagined, 'Send him back to HELLLL~~~~', complete with the dragging of the word. :w00t:

#60 writerjunkie

writerjunkie

Team Kame!

• Senpai
  • 1142 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 01:05 PM

CHAPTER 8

“Come on grandpa I don't have all day you know?!”
I don't get him. He can go climbing up a hill with no problem, but he slacks when I need him to be somewhere with me so I can shop more? I think he's faking it. He just doesn't want to be here and tries to make things harder on me by suddenly no longer being fit for his age.

“I'm going as fast as I can Sayumi.” He replies

That is a LIE! He just doesn't want to come with me. I'm so glad I'm turning twenty soon. Then I won't need a guardian for anything I do. Like for example: opening a new credit card account! I need someone to cosign being that I'm not of age and my parents didn't want to do it. My mom just said no the second I told her I had to ask her something. She knows me too well. And my father well he had to run off for another meeting and won't be back until midnight and I don't have time for waiting. I want to shop NOW! The only person left was grandpa of course he didn't agree at first like everyone else, but he eventually gave in from all my nagging. That's a first. So now here we are going to get a new credit card account. I can't wait!

“Come on grandpa it's this way.” I tell him

Leading him to the place we should have reached minutes ago. I open the door and notice that it's packed. Damn it! This is going to take forever. I should have came earlier. But grandpa had to take so long getting ready to walk out the front door. Can't these people just move aside for a second? Can't they tell I have an urge to do some serious shopping!?

“It looks like we'll be here a while.” grandpa states.

I groan. We might as well get on line now before it gets any bigger. Well...this day can't be as bad as yesterday. I was in the tub for over an hour to try and wash off all the blood and dirt. And my clothes I just threw them away. There goes the nice pair of shoes I've been crying over for a week before it went and got covered in demon blood. I'm really going to hate this job. My grandpa comes on line with me and we wait.

We were stuck here nearly the whole day! The lines moved by so slow it was so annoying! The sun is setting now and that means I might not be able to shop in some of my favorite places. There goes my fun. I head towards the door and hold the door open from my grandpa and start to walk down the block. That's when another idea hits me. Since I can't shop I can get something much better since my grandpa's with me. I smile proud of my fast thinking to not ruin my fun.

“Grandpa! Let's go buy beer to celebrate my NEW credit card!” I announce

I hold my credit card into the air, seeing the shinny plastic brighten into the light.

“I don't think so Sayumi.”

I slump forward, disappointed. Why?! Why does grandpa have to make everything on me hard? My grandpa walks pass me, ignoring my pout or how upset I am to the answer I did not want to hear. I jog to catch up with him to try and change his mind.

“B-but grandpa! You have to!” I cry

He chuckles. “Says who?”

“Grandpa!”

“I don't think letting my granddaughter do underage drinking is a good idea. Your mother wouldn't agree with my decision either.”

“She'll probably get drunk too!” I exclaim

“No.” he snaps

“Grandpaaaa!”

Before another word came out my mouth there's this loud screech followed by yelling and rustling. I stand there with my grandpa, trying to figure out what exactly are we hearing. It isn't your ordinary mugging. The roaring continues and something goes flying out of the alleyway entrance. I can make out the shape, piecing together that it's a person that just went flying straight into the air. I watch them land to the sidewalk with a loud smack. A normal person would have probably died or passed out from this drop, but they don't. They're still trying to get back up!

“Sayumi, we should help them.” My grandpa says.

He hurries over to the person in front of us and I have nothing else to do but follow. He goes down to check them. The person tries to push off the ground again but falls back down. A tiring sigh is let out and they lay down, motionless. I look down at them to get a better look and stand there, shocked. It's the girl I met days ago! She's covered in several cuts around her face and her waist length light brown jacket she's wearing is covered in dirt and large cuts. Who's done this?

“She should be ok. She's just taken a some hit.” My grandpa says

He gets back up and looks down the alley. I turn to him. There's nothing there, but there had to of been something that throw her that far. It wasn't human that's for sure. It was a demon I'm sure of that. The roars were not human or like any animal I've heard. What is she doing fighting demons? Is she trying to get herself killed? Has she no brain? She doesn't have the power like I do to take a demon. She's lucky to be alive right now. Whatever it was that nearly killed her is gone so that's the good part. I don't know if it'll come back, but I'm not sticking around to find out. I start to walk away not looking back.

“I think we should take her with us Sayumi.”

I stop and turn around. My grandpa gives me another of his stern looks. He's serious about this? Why should we have to bring her in for her lack of smarts? Doesn't anyone know when to run when they see something that's nowhere near human? I would do the same thing if my grandpa doesn't make me stay and kill it.

“Sayumi, if we bring her to the hospital how can we explain these marks? No dog leaves scratches the size of a bear claw.” He explains

I turn from him to the girl. I remember grandpa telling me to stay away from my other half and I should probably be doing that with her but I could just be thinking too much into why I might like being around her. There's nothing strange about her except those huge scratches around her jacket and the bruises.

“Sayumi!”

I face my grandpa again. I sigh giving in to him. Why does he always have me give in to him?! I hate that. I take out my cellphone to call the limo drive and tell him to make his way over here. I don't see much of a big deal bringing her with us. If she was fit enough to fight a demon then she should be fit enough to walk around after the hard drop. But grandpa wants to bring her home with us and I can't really do anything about that. Even though I sort of don't want to take care of her a part of me sees this as a chance to get to know her. I can possibly even get her name. But that would be the only good thing about letting her stick around. Other than that she's a no body...I think. I'm not sure. I don't know. Ok, I'm done thinking about it. My head is starting to hurt.

“Alright.” I grumble.

I press down buttons to make the call. I have a feeling my grandpa is going to make me regret doing this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users