• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#141 michikodesu

michikodesu

"Mama" is such an awesome word!!!

• Senpai
  • 1831 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 12:41 AM

Okay, I've finally finished reading ALL 7 pages of posts!! *WHEW* I gotta say, some of you have made JF answer the same question over and over and over. Maybe some of you should read the posts and answered questions before posting yours. It would save them alot of time and aspirin.

I can understand why the fans in other countries outside of the US are a little miffed about JF only being able to sell to the US market. Well, it's more of what is in the contract.....and well, they answered that question at least 3 times. But maybe, just maybe UFA does actually have their sights set on Europe (I mean, they wouldn't have sent Buono! to Sweden if they didn't think it was feasible, would they?) but they want to wet their feet in the US market first (since most international artists who really want to make it big view the US market as like the Emerald City. If they can make it here, then they'll certainly be seen as superstars). I guess that's just the way they see it. No, it may not be fair, but seriously, if you have beef you should take it up with the bigwigs of UFA and H!P and not JapanFiles. It's not their fault that it worked out this way. It was a seized opportunity for both parties to help get the products out that have been in demand but hard for many to retrieve without paying the exorbitant rates that more than a few of you have complained about. And it can also introduce others who are interested in it legally so that they can support the artist.

Too many people have negative views on just about anything and everything that is done with either H!P, UFA, H!O and the artists themselves and not wanting to give things a chance. Stuff has to start at a ground zero level and then work out the kinks before going to the next level and then the next. It's not going to happen overnight and it's not going to be perfect the first go-round. Relax, take a chill pill and just sit back and watch what is going to happen. No body really knows so no one really has all the exact answers.........

To be honest I'm beyond stoked about this because I've really never like iTunes (well all of Apple) to begin with, but it was the only place that I could get legal downloads. But now that I know about JapanFiles, GOODBYE sucky iTunes!! And not only can I get H!P music, I was also introduced to other artists that sounded awesome that I've never heard of (besides Girugamesh). And I'm not a big collector so buying digital is okay with me.
I'm only 13 levels away from finishing this game so I either finish the game or make you wish I was never born!----Gaz

Posted Image

#142 rpger81

rpger81

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 615 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 10:48 AM

For those who don't know yet, JF has made it so you can buy a single credit for $0.99 instead of having to buy a minimum block of $10. So now if you only want 1 song you can buy only 1 song XD

I'm happy that JF has shown they are willing to listen to what customers have to say, this shows their will to commit to us. Kudos to you JF.

EDIT: Ok, went to the purchase credits link and 1 credit option is not there. Guess it will be coming soon, or I read the announcement wrong XD

yukirin.png
Thanks to BluCherri for the sig <3

#143 michikodesu

michikodesu

"Mama" is such an awesome word!!!

• Senpai
  • 1831 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 11:07 AM

And even if you did have to buy 10 credits at a time, I do believe that your credits do not expire. So, say for example, Morning Musume comes out with a single that you're dying to have. You get that one single and now you have 9 credits left; but then back to back C-ute comes out with a single AND KR becomes a live musical and Koharu releases a single for the musical and you have to have both. Well, instead of having to buy 2 more credits, you just use the ones you already have and now you're down to 7 credits.......which now BerryZ has a new single coming out and then H!P is now allowing all the shuffle unit singles to appear on JapanFiles.com and there are a few songs that you need to get.......I mean, I could continue until all 10 credits run out and you just have to buy another 10.
I'm only 13 levels away from finishing this game so I either finish the game or make you wish I was never born!----Gaz

Posted Image

#144 rpger81

rpger81

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 615 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 11:18 AM

^Might be well and good for you and some others, but many of us would just use the tracker for that other kinda stuff. I want physical stuff if I'm spending money, the only reason to buy the new H&A digitally because there is no physical. I'm only speaking for myself and others in the same mindset ofc.

Options = good.

yukirin.png
Thanks to BluCherri for the sig <3

#145 Yo Jimbo

Yo Jimbo

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 335 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 04:37 AM

Hey JapanFiles, with physical CD sales, would there be any chance of a limited edition as well that comes with like photo cards or something?
Posted Image
Crowds are won and lost and won again but our hearts beat for the diehards

#146 Ayu-chan

Ayu-chan

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 158 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 05:31 AM

After all this time I've finally thought up a question. :lol:

Japanfiles,

Will the merchandise sold most likely be a bit more affordable for us than it is to get it overseas? It always seems so expensive when I look at the prices that I wonder if it would get any better if it were available over here as well.

(although, I guess the merchandise that are is sold at concerts and things here aren't too much better, huh? ^_^)

#147 JapanFiles

JapanFiles

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 63 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 08:07 AM

For those who don't know yet, JF has made it so you can buy a single credit for $0.99 instead of having to buy a minimum block of $10. So now if you only want 1 song you can buy only 1 song ^^;

I'm happy that JF has shown they are willing to listen to what customers have to say, this shows their will to commit to us. Kudos to you JF.

EDIT: Ok, went to the purchase credits link and 1 credit option is not there. Guess it will be coming soon, or I read the announcement wrong ^^;

That error has been fixed. We forgot to change a few 0's and 1's and the single-credit option was only showing up for new accounts. Now it's available for new accounts and existing accounts.
HelloStoreUSA.com - The world's largest source of official Hello! Project goods outside of Japan!

#148 Glasseyelashes

Glasseyelashes

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 10775 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 08:33 AM

i know this has probably been answered, but are dvds and dvd downloads going to be available?

#149 JapanFiles

JapanFiles

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 63 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 08:37 AM

@michikodesu
...which now BerryZ has a new single coming out

So does C-ute.... April 15.

@rpger81
I want physical stuff if I'm spending money, the only reason to buy the new H&A digitally because there is no physical. Options = good.

We wish we could offer domestic releases of all of our titles, but the economics of it just don't support it. The choice for H&A's new single to go digital was made by their label. The artists and producers put in the same work to write, rehearse, record, and master their music regardless of its release format.

@Yo Jimbo
Hey JapanFiles, with physical CD sales, would there be any chance of a limited edition as well that comes with like photo cards or something?

We are working out the numbers to do something like that in the very near future. It costs more to add the collectibles, but we're still trying to match regular USA release prices for these CDs, so it would be an experiment to see if the fans will support special additions like photo cards. We're willing to try it if you are.

@Ayu-chan
Will the merchandise sold most likely be a bit more affordable for us than it is to get it overseas?

Our goal is to match USA pricing as closely as possible, and for U.S. residents shipping should also be comparible.

@Inspectah Glass
i know this has probably been answered, but are dvds and dvd downloads going to be available?

We would like to dvds/video downloads, but it's unlikely that we will start that in the first year of our partnership with Up Front.
HelloStoreUSA.com - The world's largest source of official Hello! Project goods outside of Japan!

#150 temeri

temeri

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 754 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 11:54 PM

For those who don't know yet, JF has made it so you can buy a single credit for $0.99 instead of having to buy a minimum block of $10. So now if you only want 1 song you can buy only 1 song <3

EDIT: Ok, went to the purchase credits link and 1 credit option is not there. Guess it will be coming soon, or I read the announcement wrong :D

That error has been fixed. We forgot to change a few 0's and 1's and the single-credit option was only showing up for new accounts. Now it's available for new accounts and existing accounts.

Great! Thanks for the info,
I was gonna buy the new H&A single from JP but the minimum points back then was 10$ so i bought it elsewhere.

Keep up the good work

#151 TurtleFu

TurtleFu

BACCHIRI!!!

• Banned
  • 1891 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 01:57 AM

Is UFA willing to sell the discographies to artists that are no longer within Hello! Project, such as Goto Maki or W? I'd rather not import an entire single just to get one b-side if JF might sell it for $1

#152 PRASTIC LOBOT

PRASTIC LOBOT

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 761 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 05:10 AM

Okay, I've finally finished reading ALL 7 pages of posts!! *WHEW*

This thread is like a Lovecraft short story...it contains horrors so unimaginable that to simply look upon them can drive a man mad...

I gotta say, I'm enjoying JF. I've already made a few H!P purchases and I discovered Sweet Vacation and Plamo Million Sellers through them. I've wanted a way to support H!P song releases without having to buy an album which I can't even use. Seriously, I don't even use the CD player in my car anymore and even though every device in my house can technically play music I'm never going to sit down at my xbox and listen to H!P. Like I said in the initial announcement news post, I'm all for importing DVD's of concerts and such, but I'm at no point in my life where buying a $30 dollar cd makes sense financially. Especially because I'd get it to watch the 10 or so minute making of and then throw it on my shelf. If JF would ever starting offering making of's with the song purchases that would be pretty awesome, but I figure that isn't up to them.

I duno, I love H!O and I'm enjoying JF. I guess I'll save my outrage for when there is actually something to be outraged over.

#153 JapanFiles

JapanFiles

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 04:57 PM

@TurtleFu
Is UFA willing to sell the discographies to artists that are no longer within Hello! Project, such as Goto Maki or W? I'd rather not import an entire single just to get one b-side if JF might sell it for $1

We are currently in the process of clearing the next group of artists for sale on our online store. Some artists are easier to clear than others. Goto Maki is on our proposed list, though nothing has been finalized yet. We hope to announce more artists before Anime Expo.

#154 JapanFiles

JapanFiles

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 05:21 PM

Thanks for all the constructive and positive questions.
We're going to move this discussion to the forum on our JapanFiles website:
http://www.japanfile...c.php?f=28&t=92

Please feel free to ask us any questions there.
We won't be responding to this thread for a while.

Active communication is important, so please let us know your comments and concerns.
This is a very important year for Hello! Project and JapanFiles.

The problem of different material being available/not available in different territories still hasn't been solved, but we are working hard to quickly expand the material available to North America through our website. We are also working to aid foreign partners who want to join us in promotion and sales of Hello! Online materials.
Your communication on these issues is important, so please keep it up.

Some of you will notice that our small ads are gone from the website.
We are NOT forgetting about you - we are simply now focusing our resources elsewhere.
The support of members of this fan community and others has already made it possible for our company to release a Morning Musume album and single in America next month.
Our sincere thanks to all of you who are showing your support.
If we work together, we can do even more.

#155 Vinya

Vinya

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 134 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 05:27 PM

So I'm a bit slow on the uptake...but wow this is good news! My only lament is that this was done a few years ago ;_; (all of my favorite stuff is pre current-era H!P) but for fans of the current lineup this is fantastic.

what really intrigues me is being able to check out other artists through JF. awesomesauce, I say.

Can't wait to see the H!P store.

Posted Image

#156 Subaru

Subaru

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 103 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 08:45 PM

I happen to hear about this too from another site and it's wonderful because they have some very old Nakazawa yuko stuff I can't find anyplace else and I've been looking for it for about 5 years now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users