155 replies to this topic

#1 Kuno

Kuno

7th gen member

• Senpai
  • 41 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 05:22 PM

Hello all,

This thread is for any comments and questions you might have for the JapanFiles.com crew regarding our new partnership, or anything else about JapanFiles!

#2 Harume

Harume

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 41 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 05:46 PM

Well i'm glad to hear that, but i live in brazil.. so far away T_T but at least they are playing atention to the public in america
i just hope the site continues the same because is great the way it is
and i'm excited for the interview with hangry and angry *-* hope you continue suporting even the elders club that graduated giving us some news about them ^^ and the HP members as well of course
thanks for the hard work you are all doing^^ as uploading those videos too *-*
=**
Yo~ ^^v

#3 Shirow

Shirow

ふかゆ

• Senpai
  • 3183 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 06:49 PM

It's very interesting indeed, I'm curious to what the future will bring ...

I'm hoping that we get to ask some interesting questions to the H!P girls (unlike those lame food questions).

I would like to see an option for an official western fan club, I would sign up in a second.

mak.png

#4 Jaseybase

Jaseybase

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 636 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 07:21 PM

Do you plan to open up your service outside of US, Canada, and Mexico?

#5 doinkies

doinkies

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 257 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 07:47 PM

Are you keeping the tracker? Will it not be allowed to upload MP3s there?
Posted Image

H!P fan since 2001!

#6 Xemis

Xemis

Master of Sudden Disappearance

• Senpai
  • 1260 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 08:36 PM

WOW its like Ebay but with only Morning Musume and H!P stuff, Awesome :sob:

so i was just wondering are you guys goin to do shippings also? i mean do you sale also to people who dont live in US?

#7 Dalvron'20

Dalvron'20

Looking back, moving forward

• Senpai
  • 2773 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 08:38 PM

I'd like to know if Japanfiles is planning to offer physical Hello! Project CDs and other merchandise (the sell the hANGRY & ANGRY CD, for example), besides digital music in the future. I live in Mexico and I am willing to buy my stuff from Japanfiles if it becomes possible, since I am not much of a fan of digital-only music.

#8 Pex

Pex

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 900 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 08:47 PM

^I joined their site, which I had planned on doing at some point anyway, and asked them (this was around the middle of March).

Here, more or less, is what they had to say at that time regarding physical CD sales:

“So far, fan support for the H!P digital catalog has been really strong. Digital sales are the most important part of making a CD release happen.

The digital sales show fan support not only to our company, but to the the USA retailers. When they see high digital sales for MM, they feel confident that the fan base will support the CD release if they carry it in their stores.

We hope to have CD release news before their appearance at Anime Expo. You’ll get an update in our newsletter as soon as we’re ready to announce."
Avatar courtesy of the very talented Risa/Misa

#9 markRAWR

markRAWR

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 3473 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 08:47 PM

I feel this need to be spelt out. As no one seems to be reading the article just the headline. With regards to questions about the tracker.

If you read the article you would have saw this line: "Of course, Hello!Online will also continue to have all the unique site features you're used to."
So lets make it clear. "H!O will continue to have all the unique feature"
Meaning the tracker is not going anywhere and that torrents will not be censored.

Choose to read this or not but i wanted to make it clear as people seem to not be reading the article and just jumping to the assumption that this was a bad move on H!O's part.

#10 Criss2032

Criss2032

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 573 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 08:59 PM

Well as I can see there are good news and bad news:

Good news:

1.-The exclusive interview with the H!P artist. Get ready for the "Make-a-question-to-your-favorite-girl Topic" or " Pocket Morning Weekly Gaijin Ver" ^^;

2.-The possible "easy-way" to get some stuff.

3.-I dont think all the tracker will down, maybe the upcoming singles, albums and maybe some Official DVD material will be down because well... Japan Files will sale it :P . But TV programs, Radio programs, and maybe Photo Books will be... "legal" in the tracker, for now. But of course if JF its ok with H!O to keep giving the "free service" then there is no problem at all with the new singles and stuff like that XD .

Bad news:

People from Europe, Sudamerica, Caribean, etc. Sorry, if you use H!O to get your fav. Idol stuff (Im mean new singles, albums and DVDs) say bye bye to the downloads. :( But like I said before, if JF say this stuff its ok in the H!O tracker then there is nothing to worry about.

Basically all this are good news, just because the chance to made some aproach to your fav. girls via question pools.

Edit: Er... just in case... DOWNLOAD all you can NOW. :wub: <3 :lol:
Posted Image

#11 markRAWR

markRAWR

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 3473 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 09:21 PM

^ Okay i am sorry if this comes across harsh. Did you not read my comment above you? The problem is that some of you are not reading anything the site admin are even telling you.
They have direct communication with the admin of JF, so why would they post anything that you feel can not be trusted??

#12 Criss2032

Criss2032

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 573 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 09:37 PM

^ Well... I think I have to explain myself to get the point clear, because is possible a lot of people think the same way.

Im sure a lot of people read that part: "Of course, Hello!Online will also continue to have all the unique site features you're used to." But at THIS point, thats a little... well... we cant trust in that :wub: .

The fact is that JF SALES stuff, I mean try to GET PROFITS from digital and fisical material. A lot of people think that its not logic that JF allow to some site to distribute SOME material for FREE (no cost) when they try to sale it. Thats the point.

So its natural for some people to think SOME stuff will be not allowed in the tracker anymore, for logical reason, not just for a "good intention speech". <3

Thats basically the point. I hope the tracker stay as it is, but I think we have to wait. :lol:
Posted Image

#13 jelly man

jelly man

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1573 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 09:51 PM

^
just wonder if this would be similar like youtube ~ the more partnership ~ the more copyright issue ...

edited : anyway , We don't know that what kind of partnership is H!O and Japanfile is having ~ so we don't need to worry that much.

Reina is the BEST!!!

#14 Berikyuu!

Berikyuu!

Debuted 9/1/02 Graduated 11/18/18

• Senpai
  • 995 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:03 PM

After reading all the comments above me, I feel as though I'm the only one who's 110% excited about this.... :wub:

The way I see it, I now have a place to go and get H!P mp3's without having to wait FOREVER for them to get on iTunes. And because they'll be selling CDs, I can't WAIT to blow all my money on Berryz singles~! ^^;
*dances around* I'M JUST SO HAPPY~!! :lol:

*edit*
PLUS, we get exclusive interviews from the H!P girls~!!! <3

#15 kicks2282

kicks2282

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 796 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:03 PM

I think the site team and the moderators would have a pretty good idea what we will keep and what we will lose. So if they say the tracker is going to stay put, then I imagine it will stay put. I don't see no reason not to believe them.

#16 puffypancake

puffypancake

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1595 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:09 PM

I don't think the tracker is hosted in North America anyway so the point would be moot. H!P is small enough in popularity that I doubt they would risk annoying the fan population by doing anything.

We've been told things would stay the same and I doubt those in charge would say this unless they knew they would stay the same.

The deal looks to me as a bonus for both sides. JF gets the exposure on the site and a possible boost in sales perhaps then leading to more releases and a wider range of distribution. H!O gets some exclusive stuff that we fans can enjoy.

For those people not in the countries that can purchase products, write a quick note to JF saying you are happy to see the progress in merchandise to international fans but you are from country X and are interested and that you would mind having your note forwarded to UFA so they know there is additional interest. Worse thing that happens is they ignore it. Best thing that can happen is they see the interest, know it is real and expand. (or as a plug - sign the international petition here that we will hand over at AX this summer) Unless the interest is made known, companies won't know what people want.

I do hope that sales go well and they get more physical cds as a result. I have my first order of Hangry & Angry cds coming to the shop where I work and plan on pushing them to all parties interested in the music.

gabby2014_zps75e0ccfd.jpg

#17 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:09 PM

kicks2282,

Thank you.

Your comment is refreshing to read...

#18 Glasseyelashes

Glasseyelashes

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 10775 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:11 PM

byebye itunes. hello japanfiles. :wub:

i'm proud to be a part of h!o and all that we do here. i'm really looking forward to our future.

#19 Ayu-chan

Ayu-chan

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 158 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:47 PM

This is really exciting! I can only see good coming out of all this. I'm sure the H!O team thought it over really hard before doing anything. My trust is in you guys!

I'm definitely hoping that those CD and Merchandise tabs on the site will soon hold things for us. I've been watching it closely lately. :ph34r:

SO much better than iTunes, for me at least. <3

#20 writerserenyty

writerserenyty

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 541 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:59 PM

Will instrumental mp3 files bought off your site be able to be imported into audio-editing software, such as Audacity? That's my main issue with buying off iTunes; I totally support legally purchasing music. I but all my H!P music off iTunes or through YesAsia. However, I can't import instrumental tracks bought off iTunes into Audacity, and since I do a lot of internet cover/karaoke stuff, this is important...

~Devoted fan of Ishikawa Rika~ Charmy Supporter Forever
HappyDiscobanner-1.jpg
Ishikawa Rika is Love

Ooguro Yuzuki Ishida Ayumi

Sasaki Ayaka Oota Aika  Aso Natsuko Tamura Meimi Watanabe Miyuki

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users