• Please log in to reply
3449 replies to this topic

#2921 Greyface

Greyface

Prior of The Brotherhood of The Booger Beam

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 04:03 PM

"Functional Dysphonia" is an odd diagnosis, because it means that there is nothing physically wrong with her, or at least nothing they can see by examining her throat and voice box.  It's actually thought to be a psychological condition, which kind of lines up with her "feeling out of breath during the time she usually has lines even though she was not singing".

It's very different from laryngitis or vocal nodules or regular dysphonia (chronic hoarseness). That is, if it is the correct diagnosis, it means her throat and voice box are perfectly fine but something is occurring mentally that is preventing her from singing. Unfortunately, this makes it harder to treat.

There are also non-psychological motor impairments. It's not exactly the same, but something like a tic or chronic spasms would also be functional. Naturally, I have no idea what's causing Miyamoto's difficulty.
What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

#2922 MaKrena

MaKrena

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 377 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 10:17 PM

Seiyuu Yoshino Hiroyuki, posted a photo on twitter with an acrylic figure of Karin from Jidanda Dance.
https://twitter.com/...638487513825280

FPEmwsF.jpg

----------------

Blog post from Kiryūin Shō (Golden Bomber)
http://ameblo.jp/kir...2297160930.html

Seems like fans believe he indirectly made reference to the recent Karin's news and others singers who have the same problem, he feels that people aren't well informed about functional dysphonia or all this kind of diseases, sorry i don't undestand well the rest, i'm gonna put what he wrote on the spoiler.

Spoiler

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry for this

• Jasmine is beautiful, but did you see Karin's baby foot back there :sob: :sob:
http://ameblo.jp/jui...2296820625.html
DYiPvY6.jpg

• Look at her eye... LOOK AT HER FREAKING CUUTE EYE!!
I love all the moles she has on her face, they just make her more adorable.
http://ameblo.jp/jui...2296820625.html
http://ameblo.jp/jui...2297187738.html
ATWcwWk.jpg0NJgVlJ.jpg

Spoiler

-----------------------

"Karin panic" T-T I didn't know Pinkiss channel isn't working anymore.

Karin playing Jenga

Trying to blow up a balloon lol

Singing a Kopink song.

#2923 Kinjiru

Kinjiru

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1890 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 12:39 AM

Wow, what? Yoshino Hiroyuki is a H!P fan? Always liked his voice and he plays in a lot of big stuff. He is also from Chiba just like Karin so maybe he partly supports her for that. It's always crazy as an anime and H!P fan when the worlds collide.

#2924 MaKrena

MaKrena

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 377 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 01:09 AM

^ Since 2016(? i know he supports Karin, but i can't remember why XD. I think i read a fan report.

He seems to know a lot about H!P, in this video he is there and they are talking about H!P
http://www.nicovideo...atch/sm29028654

There are so many seiyuus who probably are H!P fans... But the only ones i know (or remember) they like it are: Yoshino, Nishiyama Koutarou (He knows too much o.O), Suzuki Yuto and some others but i don't remember their names lol.

#2925 x_fang

x_fang

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 66 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 06:43 PM

"Karin panic" T-T I didn't know Pinkiss channel isn't working anymore.

Karin playing Jenga

Trying to blow up a balloon lol

Singing a Kopink song.

Karin look cutest when she being bullied huh? sometime i miss her short hair... in the video she also looks cute with short hair...

#2926 MaKrena

MaKrena

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 377 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 04:36 PM

Thank you Ronin for the translation :D
http://ameblo.jp/mor...2296473389.html
This is an interesting read (I'm crying T-T ). These years, i had always been worried about Karin suffering anxiety or any other condition because of her personality or the way she acts all the time, she's a really special girl. Well, my nightmares became reality this year (a lot of them). With all my soul, i hope she can transform her condition into a strength too and that she come back stronger than ever.

Here's a quick translation:

Good morning/afternoon/evening!
It's me.
I'm Takada Mitsuhiro, the guy behind Daken Akihiro from "Fish story'S".
I should have mentioned this months ago, but in May this year, I had my last functional dysphonia counseling session because I was diagnosed to be almost fully cured.
At the end, I was told "There's an atomic bomb inside your heart, so please make sure to come by if you feel like it's going to go off.".
Guess I'm Takada Atomic Mitsuhiro now. lol
About two days ago, I got a message from one of my Kouhai from my old agency who is an H!P fan and is said to be as much of a weirdo as me.
It said "Miyamoto Karin-san has the same condition as you.".
I was like "Miyamoto Karin? Who's that?" at first, but I couldn't just ignore it after hearing that she has functional dysphonia too, so I looked her up online (with my Kouhai's help) and I'm a fan now.
I heard Karin-san's comment when she was picked to debut at the age of 14.
It was the answer to the question I've been asking myself: "What should you do after you've made your debut?".

She was way too mature for her age, for a child, too serious, the way she talked about feeling indebted to the fans and the honesty in her facial expression, in her tears.

You could tell she was an earnest and kind person who is very strict with herself.
I guess it was inevitable that it lead to functional dysphonia four years later.

Like I mentioned at the beginning of my treatment diary, the doctor said it's usually people "who are sensitive, serious, kind, and considerate" who tend to get functional dysphonia.
Especially people who never talk to others about their troubles.

It's all that built-up stress that is never let out that changes you and ends up disabling the one thing that's most important and precious to you, your voice.

My voice is most important to me since I'm a voice actor/actor and used to be the singer of a band in the past too, and I'm sure it's the same for Miyamoto Karin-san who is said to have a crystal voice because it's so beautiful (my Kouhai said so).

I can't even imagine how scared, worried, sad, and angry it must be for an 18-year-old to not be able to use her voice, her most important weapon.
When it happened to me, I didn't understand why it happened to me, so I cursed fate and even thought about killing myself for a while.

That's why I want to tell her this.

"Don't worry, you'll get well sooner than you think!".

In my case, I suffered for 10 years because I didn't know why it was getting harder and harder to use my voice until I couldn't speak anymore.
But after learning that it was functional dysphonia, it took me only one year to get a lot better and only two years until it was gone completely.

As soon as you know what it is, you'll be cured in no time!

After a year of treatment, you should be able to sing as well as before. It might still be a bit noticable in the way you speak, but that's just how it was for me.
It might be different for you...

The trick to curing it is "to enjoy the treatment process".

Let me quote my doctor:
"Make sure to get angry and vent every now and then."
"Treat yourself with the same kindness as you do others."

He also said:
"People who get functional dysphonia are actually more suited to doing jobs where they use their voice."

Since they get the condition because of their sensitivity, delicacy and seriousness, I can see where he's coming from.

Finally, my teacher said:
"Turn your sickness into strength."

If you, Karin-san, should consider becoming an actress one day, functional dysphonia will turn out to be a very important experience for you!

You could think of it as an opportunity to finally say what's on your mind like
"I'm sorry but I have to let it out because of my condition."
Just use it as an excuse to speak your mind.
I usually say "Sorry, it's my condition acting up again. lol" when it happens to me, but the people I work with are happy about it and tell me
"Takada-kun, it's great that you can joke about your condition!!"
And I wasn't even joking!!!! lol

Depending on the way you use it, even functional dysphonia can be a communication tool.

But most importantly, since it's a condition that isn't widely known, is there anything more fulfilling than saving many people who are suffering from the same condition by teaching them about it and becoming their lifesaver?

I hope that you will enjoy the treatment and get better as soon as possible!
And when you do, I'll ask my Kouhai and we'll both come to your concert!!!!

You could say, it's thanks to functional dysphonia that I got to know about you and have come to like you.
For what it's worth, it got you a new fan. lol

I want you to keep your head up and believe in getting well because you will, I mean I did, and do your best without giving up!!

That's the message I'd like to send to you as someone who suffered from the same condition!!!!

#2927 Danes83

Danes83

ハロ!プロヲタ

• Senpai
  • 2287 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 04:39 PM

Do you guys follow the sexy photos of Yanamin (Fiesta outfit) in stairs?? It seemed Karin-chan directed all of that XD i would like to see their relationship in thw future..

tumblr_ou634tHCIR1ricvhyo1_500.gif

@countrygirlsbot
[170803] Takagi Sayuki: Rin-chan told Yana-chan she will take her picture and instructed her here and there https://t.co/2RtunHPINt
momusu1_zps50b105cb.png

#2928 Greyface

Greyface

Prior of The Brotherhood of The Booger Beam

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 04:44 PM

Since Yanagawa is a giant Miyamoto fan... I think Miyamoto will be free to use Yanagawa as a doll as long as she wants to :D
What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

#2929 MaKrena

MaKrena

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 377 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 06:00 AM

3:19
Seiyuu Itou Ayasa said she loves Karin (She likes H!P and J=J too), she is cute.

#2930 Obsidian

Obsidian

不思議

• Senpai
  • 7210 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 01:43 PM

This article touches briefly on Dysphonia but a lot about the now epidemic proportions of vocal injuries throughout the music injury (focusing a lot on what's happened to Adele). But mainly that the problems may be caused by an endemic vocal training flaws going back to Verdi, Wagner and Puccini. 

https://www.theguard...ng-their-voices

Probably a very relevent thing is we know that some of the techniques, that are being flagged as potentially damaging, are being used by people training Ju=Ju...not quite shoving a fist in someone's mouth but not far off it. Obviously these have had actually good short term results, but it potentially leaves the members open to permanent vocal damage and that surgery (which probably isn't going to help with Karin anyway) is often just a stop gap to a continuing underlying issue.

lMLRUvE.png

モーニング娘。

#2931 MaKrena

MaKrena

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 377 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 05:34 PM

I quoted some parts, but is better to read it all.

Spoiler

:sob:

Well, it focuses on vocal abuse and bad singing techniques that leads to damage.
It's unknown what are the causes of Karin's problem, we probably will never know about it. For some time i have felt that her voice didn't sound as clear as before, sure she has more control but something is different now.

During Momoko's graduation OP acts, she sounded a little weird to me at the Line lives before their Budokan concert, her voice sounds hoarse and like this i have found too many moments where i had felt worried for her voice these years.
Specially her feelings, stress or tension could have been affecting her voice all these years + new theniques she learned + their harsh schedule didn't help either. Karin's voice is really fragile, some fans call her "Crystal Voice", she can't sound as loud as Sayuki for example and that's not a bad thing. I bet she has been strugling with this for some years until she lost her voice just like this guy.

Her symptoms appeared when they were having some days off, before that, there was the announcement of their Budokan concert (At the live house tour) I thought she seemed happy at her blog but in the video her reaction wasn't of happines like others, her face was like between Surprised/Worried like she had been thrown a bucket of cold water. Some wotas noticed this. She probably have been thinking about so many things (as always) and adding a new one, was the drop that overflowed the glass.

First inflamation (she danced only), second out of breath while dancing, third sore throat and even Fever (couldn't perform at all), forth her voice still didn't come out, fifth diagnostic, she can't sing nor dance. This disease feels like depends really on the person, it can have similarities (lost of the voice) but the type of rehabilitation and the time of recovery can variate by the work that person does, when was discovered etc. Because of this, i can't even imagine when she will be able to perform again but it gives me hope, it won't last years or a year and she could recover sooner than other people.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IGNORE THIS.
Changing of theme, I discovered something o.o
Spoiler

#2932 Obsidian

Obsidian

不思議

• Senpai
  • 7210 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 11:52 PM

I think there's definitely something to be said about not having to sing 'big' all the time and over-projecting (what the hell are microphones and amplifiers for XD ) Karin's main asset has always been that clarity and I hope when she gets back they focus on her using that asset, they have both Sayuki and Ruru can go big anyway.

lMLRUvE.png

モーニング娘。

#2933 MaKrena

MaKrena

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 377 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 04:04 AM

Skoban translated some twitter reports about Karin :D Thank you!
I quoted some but there are more! If you want to read the rest click the link, don't be lazy~ <3
http://icejiggly.blo...karin-chan.html

Juice=Juice LIVE MISSION 220 ~Code2→NEXT to YOU~ at Kashiwa (21st February 2016 Night show)
Miyamoto: Who watched the third episode of Budokan yesterday!?
(About 90% of the audience raises their hands)
Miyamoto: Oh! That's great! So, who didn't watch it?
(Here and there, some people raised their hands)
Miyamoto: Get lost!!!

Juice=Juice LIVE AROUND 2017 ~NEXT ONE~ opening day at Shinjuku ReNY (2nd February 2017)
Karin-chan: Anyone here who went to Tsubaki Factory's events while Juice=Juice didn't have any activities?
(A few wota raise their hands)
Karin-chan: That's all right, you're honest. We'll see each other in our dreams.
Karin-chan: As for you who did go for their events but didn't raise your hands, I curse you with stomach pains

6cublvK.jpg

#2934 cornyflakes

cornyflakes

Meme Thrash

• Senpai
  • 1829 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 06:03 AM

Damm Karin with them poison apples ^^;

Mafia Musume/Morning Mafioso

mafia_musume_banner_by_supermariabros-d5

Deviantart . Pixiv . Tumblr

H!P Comics

#2935 MaKrena

MaKrena

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 377 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 06:43 PM

A week and some days ago, Karin shared photos of herself when she was a Baby she is still one (I died instantly that day, please pray for my dirty soul).

PQM1E3M.jpg

#2936 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 09:06 AM

Had always seen Karin as the cute girl, but in this picture she is pretty, very attractive, very mature <3
which then hit me, she is not a kid anymore. Kinda feel sad/nostalgic ^^;
If you have been following Karin from when she was tiny, you know what I mean ^^;
img20170819032812808.jpg

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

Up-Up Girls Schedule | UUG Official Facebook
Public Service Announcement brought to you by UUG: Beware of fraud mails! Watch it here => https://youtu.be/2KFK8pMhilE

#2937 DomScatterbrain

DomScatterbrain

The Watcher

• Senpai
  • 4414 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 04:34 PM

If you have been following Karin from when she was tiny, you know what I mean ^^;

She is! By today standard, LOL ^^;

Seriously if you meet her IRL.

A living doll

- - - - - 小  

(Now the list has been completed still not yet complete)

jhrVBR6.png

#2938 thegabriel

thegabriel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4361 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 08:40 PM

With Momochi retired, IMO she is the H!P idol.

She's always been a pro since she was little. :good:

J=J-段原瑠々

MM.'24-櫻井梨央  ON-中山夏月姫 

A-川村文乃  BYD-島倉りか  

TF-河西結心  KSSU-橋田歩果

#2939 ulises

ulises

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1382 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 08:53 PM

^This!!

With Momo and Airi graduated she's the current H!P's top idol, by seniority, prestige, talent and personality.

Well, she's the perfect cyborg-idol, you know. 

#2940 GetRapper

GetRapper

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 922 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 11:05 PM

^Plus with Mayu Watanabe graduating from AKB, she soon will be the top cyborg-idol in all of idoldom!

epwHFX3.jpg?1

Oshi's:  MM'19:  野中美希, Angerme:  室田瑞希, J=J:  植村 あかり, Country Girls:  山木梨沙

Kobushi Factory: 和田 桜子, Tsubaki Factory:  小野瑞歩, BEYOOOOONDS:  江口紗耶

All time favorites:  後藤 真希, 藤本 美貴, 矢口真里, 鞘師里保, 矢島 舞美, 清水 佐紀

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users