Posted 13 April 2021 - 05:17 PM

happy bday airi <33

#22922 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 14 April 2021 - 01:19 AM

Just a quick note to those looking for Apple Pie on international Spotify — you can find it under Blue Vintage. It lists Airi as an artist on the track, but links it as the violinist Suzuki Airi. LOL Can’t wait for Airi’s team to put her music on international Spotify too. All her stuff is on iTunes + Apple Music internationally so I don’t understand why Spotify is being overlooked lol

#22923 Kurolivier

Kurolivier

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 374 posts

Posted 16 April 2021 - 08:44 PM

Because Spotify pays shit. Hence nothing from Upfront on it.

#22924 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 16 April 2021 - 09:12 PM

ANOTHER drama announcement!

This time it’s an Ameba original drama called Black Cinderella.

From what I gathered from the synopsis, it’s basically about a high school that holds beauty pageants every year to determine the most beautiful guy and girl in the school. The main character struggles with her appearance (a nice way of saying she’s not considered pretty), but dreams of entering such a contest and because of a “certain event” she’s able to join the pageant. There’s love drama with the popular boy in school (who’s narcissistic and is “national-treasure level handsome” — so basically a hate to love relationship arch), and the group of pageant contestants, although all very different from one another, form a strong friendship. Suddenly something bad happens to the Main Character during the first shoot of the pageant that changes her whole world. The drama’s themes center around dreams and love, confronting the importance placed on appearance in the school (and society as a whole), and questioning what it means to be truly “beautiful”.

They’re describing it as a “counterattack love story”.

Airi’s role is listed as “additional cast”, and she plays Rei (?), someone that the main character looks up to (likely given the promo pictures of Airi, she plays a pageant Queen). There’s very little info on Airi’s role, even on her own website, because there’s probably not much to tell (and they want people to tune in and find out). So there’s no info on if Airi’s role is a consistent one or if she only shows up briefly in one or two episodes.

This is a lot of drama work back to back. This drama seems a little “bigger” than the last two since the main cast are really being promoted heavily — they’re all very popular “up and coming” actors/models that have had big roles and such lately and are popular with the young generation, so this is definitely a good chance for Airi to get noticed by a lot of people who will be watching because of the main cast.

Because Spotify pays shit. Hence nothing from Upfront on it.

^^ that’s not true. Airi IS on Spotify, but only in Japan. If money is the problem, it would make sense they’d want to make as much as possible, hence having streaming open to international fans to help bump up her streaming numbers (and gain her new fans). UF also does have many acts available on international Spotify (UUG, Kikkawa, etc) so that part of what you said isn’t true either.

#22925 Kurolivier

Kurolivier

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 374 posts

Posted 17 April 2021 - 08:39 AM

Specific licensing in Japan might be in place, as in many other domain, and the fees might be different.
But if there is someone with additional info I'd be glad to welcome them, especially if it turns I'm on the wrong.
Regarding Kikka and UUG You're right, Yu-m entertainment is indeed a subisidiary of Up Front, but it seems they adopted that position regarding Spotify to have a broader appeal as they have more minor artist.

#22926 mizukingdom1

mizukingdom1

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1060 posts

Posted 17 April 2021 - 02:28 PM

I swear Airi was on international Spotify in the past like a few years ago. I remember listening to the Do me a favor Album back when it was first released.

#22927 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 18 April 2021 - 01:39 PM

^ I’ve found someone who uploaded the album to Spotify but it’s unplayable (I didn’t even know you can do that, but it seems someone’s also done that with Momusu’s 2018 singles... but those are playable).

I’m just gunna spam her insta with requests for an international Spotify presence and hope for the best. lol

#22928 Satur

Satur

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5683 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 09:53 AM

Hahaha, Don't spam. Probably a kind ask makes much more effect than a massive spam campaign  ^^;

If you speak Spanish and like first times of Hello! Project, you can pay a visit to my blog Yaguchi y Yo (Yaguchi and Me).

Si entiendes español y te gusta la primera época de Hello! Project, puedes visitar mi blog Yaguchi y Yo.

#22929 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 04:55 PM

^ I should clarify, I was being a little overdramatic for laughs lol. By “spam” I meant make a comment on her posts every now and again requesting her music to be internationally available, and also if she opens Q’s on her story, asking her there. Definitely not posting like 10 times on a single post or anything. I can’t stand when people do that so I’d never do it myself lmao. You’re very sweet to give such a kind warning tho! lol

#22930 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 23 April 2021 - 06:14 PM

Airi isn’t slowing down at all, this girl is BUSY.

Airi will one of three guests for the first three episodes of the show Renai Drama na Koi ga Shitai ~Kiss or KISS~ (I Want to Fall in Love Like a Romantic TV Drama ~Kiss or KISS~). In this Ameba original show, eight young actors/talents (this season features a former AKB member among the cast) “fall in love while filming a romance drama”. There is a kiss scene in each episode. Is that kiss serious, or is it acting? A record of love, dreams, and youth that unfolds both on and off the shooting site! A rich kiss scene appeared in the middle of the series and became a hot topic!!

(I hope my translation there is okay... I wasn’t too sure about some of it but I think you get the idea!)

Link to the show’s official insta post about Airi: https://www.instagra...d=1pdyf2he3jzza

Also!! Airi is going to be in a set of commercials for Nivea’s newest cleanser! There will be 6 different patterns in total. In the commercial we see Airi using the product, and also performing “Chigau, Soujanai” by Suzuki Masayuki (who Airi collabed with last year for Daddy! Daddy! Do). They lyrics have been changed, having Airi sing about misconceptions about the product (for example, that it only moisturizes but doesn’t properly clean your face) and how they’re not the case!

A few people on her insta post about it said that her hairstyle reminds them of her Buono! days! lol

From Oricon’s YT channel:

Being a host for Classic TV, guesting on popular show DoraKoi, four dramas in the span of two months, a new nation-wide CM deal with Nivea... It’s amazing how much Airi is doing and yet she hasn’t had a proper non-digital release in a year and a half. lol

#22931 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 26 April 2021 - 12:44 PM

For those just interested in Airi’s part of Black Cinderella, 910 Percent on FB posted clips of her parts... where she helps the main character as a child, and becomes the person she forever idolizes.

https://fb.watch/56o6BCBVF0/

I burst out laughing at how cheesy that jump off the stage was.

#22932 Kuraudo17

Kuraudo17

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1347 posts

Posted 04 May 2021 - 12:22 AM

Just saw The Naked Director on Netflix and one of Airi's co-stars in I-Turn goes topless in her sex scenes. Makes you wonder if it's a path for Airi as a fledgling actress as well...

#22933 ulises

ulises

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1382 posts

Posted 04 May 2021 - 02:27 AM

You´d like to see Airi in topless, right little pervert?   :noo:

#22934 Casidesia

Casidesia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 807 posts

Posted 04 May 2021 - 09:31 AM

What her co-stars do has no reflection on what she might do lol
Besides, I have a hard time believing Airi has to go such a route (unless she seriously wants to, obviously)

MM: Ayumi, Maria, Rio |||| A: RikakoAyanoWakana |||| JJ: RuruAkariRiai

TF: Mao, Marine, Mizuho |||| BYO~: Minami, Kurumi, Kokoro |||| ON: KanamiMomo, Kirara

HPKU:  Yulia, Karin, Ayana |||  HPK: Niina

#22935 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 04 May 2021 - 12:51 PM

I don’t think Airi is taking acting extremely seriously — being a singer is her #1. She’s just having fun and trying new things when it comes to acting. Also, considering she’s clearly avoiding touring which was a huge part of what she was doing as a singer, it makes sense that she’s using this extra time to explore other forms of entertainment like acting, something she’s never really taken the time to do, that can be done during the pandemic.

Secondly. I don’t know if you’re trying to say that it’s a good or a bad thing that that actress was topless for a sex scene (so you’re either hoping Airi does it too or worried about it) but either way it’s gross. If Airi herself (and also, that actress), chose to do a scene like that in that manner, there’s nothing wrong with that as long as she was comfortable doing it. And just because a co-star does something doesn’t mean Airi will (that has to be the stupidest thing about your comment).

In any case, that comment was seriously degrading to Airi and pretty inappropriate in general.

#22936 amphy

amphy

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 167 posts

Posted 08 May 2021 - 11:13 AM

This came up in my recommended and I thought I'd share in case anyone else hadn't seen it yet! It's pretty sad though, she's upset because Tsuno Maisa who wrote the song passed away last year. (The channel has also uploaded a couple of other songs from this performance too)

#22937 Satur

Satur

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5683 posts

Posted 09 May 2021 - 09:52 AM

You´d like to see Airi in topless, right little pervert?   :noo:

I would like  :coool:  Oops, I need to think before post  ^^;

If you speak Spanish and like first times of Hello! Project, you can pay a visit to my blog Yaguchi y Yo (Yaguchi and Me).

Si entiendes español y te gusta la primera época de Hello! Project, puedes visitar mi blog Yaguchi y Yo.

#22938 Kuraudo17

Kuraudo17

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1347 posts

Posted 09 May 2021 - 03:34 PM

Okay my comment seems to have created some confusion. All I was wondering was whether Airi was in the level/realm of acting where she may considering having fully naked sex scenes.

Avoiding touring...she seems to be in quite a few of them, just not her own.

#22939 Punkin

Punkin

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1388 posts

Posted 09 May 2021 - 11:54 PM

^Theres only the M-line one that’s been running in limited capacity since last year. She’s not doing an entire tour where she’s performing the entire show for every show, so my point that she’s avoiding touring still stands.

#22940 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1714 posts

Posted 10 May 2021 - 01:02 AM

i think it's good that she's avoiding touring at the moment. i mean she can't do much of it anyway with covid in the picture, but even then the fact that she's limiting whatever few tours she's doing now is probably good for her career. touring is more safe since she's performing for her current fanbase, but seeing her do these acting gigs instead and releasing more digital singles helps get her name out there more. and with how her career's been going (and if you want to stretch it, her albums being very mixed up genre-wise) i doubt she wants to limit herself by touring for her fanbase.

i'm excited to see her doing all this cool stuff and trying new things out, and especially more excited for whatever she'll do next. part of me's hoping for another anime song gig since daddy daddy do did wonders for her career lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users