• This topic is locked This topic is locked
196 replies to this topic

#21 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 04:36 PM

@Ruri: Ehhh BitLOrd... never used that one so maybe someone else can help you there... or maybe you can try recreating the torrent =X Sorries

EDIT: Seems it got fixed lol you are now seeding ^_^

Hello!Fansubs is recruiting Translators and Karaoke-Typesetters, PM if interested.
OR if you need my assistance in fansubbing (QC/Encoding), let me know.

#22 Ruri-chan ~Fake Sayumi

Ruri-chan ~Fake Sayumi

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 04:37 PM

OOoh, I don't know what I did, but now I really got it =D
The uploade rate is lower than usual, but it's fine, at least I am uploading ^___^

Posted Image

#23 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 04:40 PM

@RUri: Well just glad that we got through that problem, glad i could help in one way or another.
Hello!Fansubs is recruiting Translators and Karaoke-Typesetters, PM if interested.

#24 natid1

natid1

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 03:28 PM

Hi! everyone. Firstly, you should know that I don't have any problems to ask. Why I'm here is because I want to say THANK YOU (for such a great solution and a cool information and for everything as well).

I'm just a rookie - rookie for this site, rookie for the download-upload method via tracker, and especially, rookie for English conversation. So far I have only used my own language for communication. Actualy, I'm an uploader of H!P FC Website, which does downloading and uploading via its FTP Server. This is a reason why being a rookie of me.

And because of you, I enable to imagine about this download-upload method, making me to understand it better and, for sure, helping me to have a chance communicating in English....

THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!

Ps. This is my first post since I've registered this site

#25 dknight22

dknight22

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 07:06 PM

what is this H!P FC website?

#26 H!Pisbest♥Airi♥Risako♥

H!Pisbest♥Airi♥Risako♥

H!P idol addict

• Banned
  • 771 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 11:41 PM

Well now i got my ratio up, so its not a problem for me anymore ^^ With 8 h delay there are plenty who download from me after i downloaded

Maybe its ok system, i just feel that for some people it would be impossible to climb up after they got a bad ratio.. well whatever, maybe i thought it was harder than it actually is

#27 dknight22

dknight22

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 03:22 AM

i think it is a great idea.
i only joined recently in i think the end of may and i already have a ratio of 0.74
its relle good cuz i wouldnt have been able to DL some relle old files of Utaban or some music if people did not share
its also easy to increase ur ratio to at least .30 and then to .50
all u have to do is to share everything u DL
and then someone should DL off of u

or u can upload something

#28 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 06:46 PM

Well now i got my ratio up, so its not a problem for me anymore ^^ With 8 h delay there are plenty who download from me after i downloaded

Maybe its ok system, i just feel that for some people it would be impossible to climb up after they got a bad ratio.. well whatever, maybe i thought it was harder than it actually is

That is indeed true. However if they had of been kind enough to share the file they downloaded in the first place then they would not have that problem. I think the new rules are very reasonable infact a little to reasonable.

#29 Sawakura

Sawakura

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 04:32 AM

i've a problem. while downloading, it's ok, downloading and uploading. Once I've finished one file , althought there are many leecher, it doesn't upload the completed torrent <_< . So my ratio is so bad :sob:

#30 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 04:40 AM

@Sawakura: Ehh can you go into more detail? As I am not too sure what you mean.

#31 Sawakura

Sawakura

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 06:34 AM

Poor my bad english <_< .
i mean, hmm. When i get a new torrent, added it to bitcomet. it's downloading and uploading at the same time, yah. But when it's completed, it won't upload any more althought there are many leecher, the status is always connecting. Hope you understand :sob: what i mean is i can't upload a completed task

#32 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 06:37 AM

@Sawakura: Oh... In that case.. bleh can't provide you much >< Sorries, but I am sure someone else will be able to help you

#33 Cotton Cloth

Cotton Cloth

1st gen member

• Senpai
  • 523 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 07:27 AM

When I started out my ratio was pretty bad, now it's healthy. If you can't leave your computer on 24/7 (like most of us do) then I think the key to getting your ratio up is to get on a potentially popular torrent very soon after it's posted. And then just sit on it for a few days straight.

You'll never improve your ratio seeding something 2 months old.
Posted Image

#34 Azagrath

Azagrath

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 208 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 01:36 AM

You'll never improve your ratio seeding something 2 months old.

I'm seeding a 3 and a half month old H!M batch torrent, and it's still going strong. :coool:

Depends on what kind of file it is really. H!M torrents, full dvds, concerts etc. are more likely to have lots of downloaders, as opposed to just random live files etc.

#35 ezterrell

ezterrell

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 126 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 09:13 AM

I am new here. I mean really new. I want to get my ratio up as quickly as possible but it doesn't show that I am downloading or uploading anything. I am using Azureus and it is showing that I am both downloading and uploading just fine. Does anyone have a clue what is going on. Should I use a diferent torrent downloader than Azureus. I always used Shareaza before but I decided to give Azureus a try. If anyone can help with this it would be very much appreciated.
This is my new siggy. Anyone who likes it may use it also.

#36 rpger81

rpger81

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 615 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 12:40 PM

I am new here. I mean really new. I want to get my ratio up as quickly as possible but it doesn't show that I am downloading or uploading anything. I am using Azureus and it is showing that I am both downloading and uploading just fine. Does anyone have a clue what is going on. Should I use a diferent torrent downloader than Azureus. I always used Shareaza before but I decided to give Azureus a try. If anyone can help with this it would be very much appreciated.

Welcome to the site ezterrel XD

First off it's important to establish a good share ratio as soon as possible. Be very, very careful of what torrents you choose to download (and how many) at first. You will obviously want to hop into a torrent swarm where there are a lot of leechers. What I would do is jump on this torrent http://www.hello-onl...mp;torrent=9958 and maybe download say, 500MB of it and STOP my download speed to 0kb/s and just upload for a very long time... even if you don't want the file it's still good because there are hundreds of leechers.

As for Azureus, that's a fine client if you have a good PC. Remember that it takes time (called announcing - 30 minutes on this tracker if not doing manually) to update the tracker of your upload/download stats. I personally use utorrent tho since when I used Azureus it ate all my 1GB of RAM, it's a very unforgiving client :good: I would avoid Shareaza :)

Edit:

By the way, here is what you need to aim for so you can reduce your timing restrictions

Posted Image

yukirin.png
Thanks to BluCherri for the sig <3

#37 ezterrell

ezterrell

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 126 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 05:47 PM

Thanks for the welcome. I think I figured out what was the problem. I looked at alot of the files on here and there is either a few ppl dl and alot of ppl seeding the file or nobody doing either. So it took me a while to find a few torrents that had ppl dl and ul.

#38 ezterrell

ezterrell

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 126 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 06:04 PM

rpger I wanted to thank you for the suggestion of this link. http://www.hello-onl...mp;torrent=9958 It worked really well. I highly recomend it to anyone wanting to increase there ratio. I have only been registeredwith this site for a couple days now and I am just under a 1.0 ratio now. I am gonna continue letting it seed for a couple days after it gets done. That should skyrocket my ratio. lol

#39 rpger81

rpger81

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 615 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 07:47 PM

Hehe no prob. It's a little trick I use when I start on new trackers... it's so important to establish a good ratio asap on private trackers :king:

Edit: I see you're downloading the whole thing. It's a huge file but it seems ok since there are going to be lots of leechers for a long time to come :lol:

yukirin.png
Thanks to BluCherri for the sig <3

#40 ezterrell

ezterrell

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 126 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 11:31 PM

Yeah the whole thing. I am gonna burn it to DVD so I can keep it without taking up 9 gigs of space on the comp. lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users