• This topic is locked This topic is locked
196 replies to this topic

#1 H!Pisbest♥Airi♥Risako♥

H!Pisbest♥Airi♥Risako♥

H!P idol addict

• Banned
  • 771 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 03:31 PM

Well i have had a pretty bad upload for a long time so i got a bad ratio. But 2 months ago i got a better upload and wanted to try and get my ratio up. The big problem was i couldn't max out my speed at all! Since i had so big delay it took a long time before i got download the file. While downloading i can't upload fast so there goes some more time. Now its 18 hour since the file is released and everyone already has it! When im finally ready to seed I get so bad speed so its impossible to get my ratio back up. I don't know what should be done about this problem but its very annoying!

#2 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 05:51 PM

Well let's see... Ehhh well have you ever thought of maybe just seeding what you already have? I mean there might not be any peers for them now but I am sure if you just leave them running someone is bound to end up downloading them...

And as I mentioned on numerous threads you can always just LIMIT your download speed so your UL can catch up.. by means of like limit your dl to 1KB =P sure you get the file a LOT later than you'd want but then hey you will be uploading at the same time at a higher ratio than your dl so that helps a bit.

EDIT: Just to add, easiest way to get your Ratio Up is to just Post your own files (Easiest generally are the Hello Mornings {If you know where to get them :P} or pretty much anything that is subtitled. I mean pretty much anything that helps your Upload/Ratio is best so you can just upload opposed to downloading things depending on your Connection, as for me my dl/ul connection has horrible ratio but I am still able to keep it up by just seeding more than actual downloading.

Hello!Fansubs is recruiting Translators and Karaoke-Typesetters, PM if interested.
OR if you need my assistance in fansubbing (QC/Encoding), let me know.

#3 H!Pisbest♥Airi♥Risako♥

H!Pisbest♥Airi♥Risako♥

H!P idol addict

• Banned
  • 771 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 06:27 PM

Well its not like i can keep my computer on 24/7, i mean i could but it would cost to much and waste to much electricity.

#4 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 06:33 PM

Well I suppose that is the sacrifice as heh I leave mine on and whatnot, but that is probably due to I am not paying the bill. But yeah if you can't leave your computer on you can always take the route I pointed out, limit your Download Limit while leaving your Upload at max. But yeah if you have limited connection time (Don't leave it on 24/7) then it makes it a bit harder to get ratio up if you don'thave a great connection.
Hello!Fansubs is recruiting Translators and Karaoke-Typesetters, PM if interested.

#5 Himaliaâ„¢

Himaliaâ„¢

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 07:51 PM

Hmm kinda on topic. I was wondering how much is it costing people to leave there PC on 24hours a day ? It really does not cost me much at all and i would imagine that its cheaper for just about everyone in the world as England as notoriously high prices for just about everything.

Ok exceptions i can understand are people on key meters as they are so expensive but i have no idea if they have those abroad or if they do how much they even cost.

#6 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 07:58 PM

@Himalia: I guess it all depends... I mean I really don't know how much my Dad pays for the Electricity but I know only my computer stays on 24/7 whereas my sisters is turned off whenever it isn't in use...

As for Ratio it depends really on Connection + Duration(How long you leave your computer running to seed)... I mean heck someone on T1 can seed for an hour and that could out beat someone with a slower connection that leaves it on 24/7 =P

#7 bulmasman

bulmasman

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 166 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 11:45 PM

my connection is 100% opposed to me uploading. My max upload speed is terrible, ontop of that when i have my upload speed above 5kbs my internet all but stops working... takes like an hour to open a page. -_- Stupid modem

Posted Image

My Blog ^^ Kinda boring but still, may be worth a look

Bulmasman @ Hello-Online.org

#8 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 11:51 PM

@bulmasman: That is normal as if you have your UL at max and it goes at max then it is using up all your Bandwidth which causes the 'stopping' I have it at max whenever I am not doing anything, when I game I shall limit it and sometimes if I start getting disconnected too much from my Chatting Clients then I'll have to limit it as well.

But yeah all in all... Just depends on your Connection / Duration of leaving connection running.

#9 Ruri-chan ~Fake Sayumi

Ruri-chan ~Fake Sayumi

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 02:06 AM

I'm having trouble with my upload too o.o
I can my upload up to 60k and I do keep my computer on 24/7...
But the files I downloaded from this trackers just won't upload o.o''' I have files downloading on great speeds, but no upload at all, all of them are 0kb/s o.o Why is this? I really don't understand much on torrents, but this never happened before! @_@

#10 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 02:09 AM

@Ruri: For starters I can see that you have a Download Delay due to not sharing... But Then again all the torrents you are downloading don't have many Peers so it isn't suprising that you aren't uploading anything... You'll have to download something that has many peers so it gives you a higher chance to seed/upload as well...

#11 Ruri-chan ~Fake Sayumi

Ruri-chan ~Fake Sayumi

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 02:16 AM

@SacredCultivator: Is it so? I'm gonna try it, thank you ^___^

Posted Image

#12 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 02:17 AM

@Ruri: Np and again easiest way to help seed => Download something with LOTS of peers or upload something onto the Tracker.
(But with Delay I honestly am not too sure how that affects you as I haven't' experienced it)

#13 Ruri-chan ~Fake Sayumi

Ruri-chan ~Fake Sayumi

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 03:53 AM

So, posting my problem here again so that I won't creat a new thread! ^^'

I tried to upload something =O And intend to upload some more... lot more! :blush:
But I can't understand how this works...
I created the torrent file, and uploaded it ok.
But it seems I am not seeding it when I am.
How can this be? =O

Posted Image

#14 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 03:57 AM

@Ruri: As I said you have a 1d delay so it won't start seeding till about a day...

#15 Ruri-chan ~Fake Sayumi

Ruri-chan ~Fake Sayumi

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 04:00 AM

Oh, I am sorry ^___^''
I didn't really understood what was this delay thing (not native english speaker and not good studen either :blush:) Really sorry! ^^ (now I got a dictionary in hands ^.~)
And thank you again =D

Posted Image

#16 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 04:43 AM

@Ruri: Np I am here to help whenever I can, and for more information you can just read Here

#17 Kazearashi

Kazearashi

Wandering around Akihabara...

• Senpai
  • 2229 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 02:08 PM

@Ruri: As I said you have a 1d delay so it won't start seeding till about a day...

Hmm as far as I know delay doesn't affect for the torrent you uploaded... So there's no delay if you created that torrent... :) Just upload the torrent, then download it again, open it up in the torrent and start seeding your file x_x

Posted Image
Visit my blog: Kazenomise

#18 Ruri-chan ~Fake Sayumi

Ruri-chan ~Fake Sayumi

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 04:19 PM

@_@' this is confusing, I never uploaded anything before...
I created the torrent allright, uploaded it here and downloaded it.
But then, when I open it, I appear as leecher instead of as seeder o__o''
What did I do wrong?

[/EDIT] Oh, now I got it fine ^__^''' Silly mistake! I am ok now =D [/EDIT]

Posted Image

#19 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 04:26 PM

@Ruri: Hehe I suppose you forgot to 'Force ReCheck' (IF using uTorrent) =P
EDIT: Actually your Torrent still lists you as a Leecher =X

#20 Ruri-chan ~Fake Sayumi

Ruri-chan ~Fake Sayumi

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 04:31 PM

Yeah, I saw it just now @_@''' I don't get it!
I'm using bitlord o.o

The thing is, it appears I got only 99,6% of my own file @_@'''

This is so weird ;-;''

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users