• Please log in to reply
240 replies to this topic

#161 LiamMusume

LiamMusume

Mitsui Aika、Wada Ayaka、Iikubo Haruna

• Senpai
  • 2454 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:23 PM

I just discovered TWICE through a friend and their new song 'Candy Pop' sounds really good.

Can anyone give me a bit of help as to who each girl is based on this MV? :)

#162 GetRapper

GetRapper

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 922 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:13 PM

From L to R in the thumbnail:

Tzuyu, Nayeon, Jeongyeon, Chaeyoung, Jihyo, Sana, Dahyun, Mina, Momo

They were selected from a survival show called "Sixteen".  They are the biggest selling K-Pop girl group, they have album and digital sales that rival some boy groups.

Sana, Mina and Momo are Japanese and fans call them the "J-Line".  I'm not a Twice stan, but I like some of their title tracks a lot.  My favorites are "Like Ooh-Ah", "TT" "Likey", and "Heartshaker"

All of the girls are very popular in the fandom, Tzuyu, Nayeon and Sana are considered the most popular outside the fandom.  My bias is Chaeyoung, she's the lead rapper and sub vocal.  She has the prettiest eyes!

847cc6b942342c9c7d398111117e9b84.jpg7e8e1463d7891a0d6ff9ca1bd494c816.jpg

I follow them on Instagram @twicetagram  Let me know if you want any more info!

epwHFX3.jpg?1

Oshi's:  MM'19:  野中美希, Angerme:  室田瑞希, J=J:  植村 あかり, Country Girls:  山木梨沙

Kobushi Factory: 和田 桜子, Tsubaki Factory:  小野瑞歩, BEYOOOOONDS:  江口紗耶

All time favorites:  後藤 真希, 藤本 美貴, 矢口真里, 鞘師里保, 矢島 舞美, 清水 佐紀

#163 LiamMusume

LiamMusume

• Senpai
  • 2454 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:53 PM

Thank you so much, that is really helpful. I will make sure to check out those songs you mentioned.

The member who stood out the most for me visually in this MV was Dahyun, she looked so cute and I loved the hairstyle.

On another note I have recently began listening to k-pop, I have already found that I like TWICE, GFRIEND, Lovelyz, BTS and SECHSKIES. Is there any other groups which you suggest listening to?

#164 GetRapper

GetRapper

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 922 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:28 PM

Dahyun is such a cutie!  In the "TT" MV she's in a rabbit costume and looks adorable.

I like songs by all the groups you mentioned, especially Lovelyz.  I normally don't buy albums or singles from any artist unless I really like it, but I heard Lovelyz' winter album on Spotify and I was hooked!  Their album tracks are better than their title tracks IMO.

My bias group is Red Velvet, their music covers multiple genres and their visuals, vocals and dance are excellent.  Their maknae (youngest member) Yeri is my avatar and ultimate bias, she's such a cutie and incredibly funny on variety shows, she's shown progress since her debut in all other idol aspects and it's awesome to witness her progression. They have a Red side (cute, fast-paced happy music) and a Velvet side (Slow R&B and ballads) B), which I love.  Their most recent album combined both and I love it so much.  I will post their MV's later when I get to my home computer.

KARA was the group that got me into KPOP, they were popular in Japan when I lived there.  Sadly they disbanded though. :(

If you like GFRIEND and Lovelyz' style, you would like Apink.  They (along with old SNSD) started the cute and innocent concept.

LOONA is a girl group that hasn't officially debuted yet, but it's a unique project in that they have 12 girls and introduce them one at a time and each of them have a solo album and MV.  They started in October 2016 and will probably debut sometime this summer.  LOONA also has sub-unit groups that have released their own albums and MV's.  Imagine if Minimoni and Tanpopo debuted before Morning Musume and you will get the picture of their concept.  The 11th girl will be revealed on the 15th of this month, so I'm dying of anticipation.  it's part of the fun of being a fan of this group because of the mysteriousness of all this lol.

For boy groups, my favorite of all time is Big Bang.  I also like TVXQ!, Super Junior, SHINee, EXO, NCT (basically all the SM boy groups lol).

I'm glad there are more people that are fans of both JPOP and KPOP! :good:

epwHFX3.jpg?1

#165 GetRapper

GetRapper

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 922 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 03:10 AM

Some Red Velvet songs that show their versatility:.

Spoiler

Let me know if you want any more recommendations!

epwHFX3.jpg?1

#166 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 02:20 PM

OH MY GIRL snatching my scalp with this comeback! I love everything about it! 

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#167 GetRapper

GetRapper

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 922 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 06:20 AM

OMG's songs are very hit or miss for me, Secret Garden is most definitely a bop and their best since Closer.

epwHFX3.jpg?1

#168 ShiningLight445

ShiningLight445

Amateur Family Historian

• Senpai
  • 2247 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 02:53 AM

One of my favorite groups, Dreamcatcher, will be making a comeback in March. This song, Full Moon, is for their 1st year anniversary. Can't wait for their comeback!! <3

From their anniversary performance:

" ’15 has become a completely new Morning Musume。, but I want to treat the history that has been handed down to us preciously.  If there was a book about Morning Musume。’s history, I think I would be happy to see my name left there."

~Oda Sakura

"Masaki loves all music made by Tsunku-san. Every single note and word stabs me right in my soul! I mean it in a good way!" (translated by Ronin - thanks!)

~Sato Masaki

#169 GetRapper

GetRapper

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 922 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 03:31 AM

^I love Dreamcatcher and their concept!  I'm looking forward to their comeback as well.

I didn't like this song at first because it's too similar to After School's Ah! and old school T-ARA songs,but it has since grown on me.  Now I sing the chorus aloud all the time now lol!

epwHFX3.jpg?1

#170 LiamMusume

LiamMusume

• Senpai
  • 2454 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 12:54 PM

@GetRapper, thank you so much for all of your help and I apologise for my slow responses.

I will definitely be checking out all of the groups you mentioned over the next few days :) Lovelyz has hooked me, I have been listening to Cameo and WoW! a lot recently.

There is something that confuses me about K-Pop, I see many music shows and performances mentioned on youtube and other platforms, like 'The Unit' (Is this trainees auditioning to become a unit or to debut if they win?) and 'Comeback' performances, is this a show where groups compete to 'win'?

Are there other popular music shows out there?

#171 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 04:25 PM

^Right so, Shows like "The Unit" are survival shows where rookie idols, un-debuted idols, or "idols that flopped" compete to become a part of a group. The specific rules depends on the shows, but similar shows are; 

Kpop Star, Produce 101, Boys 24, Mix Nine, and to a lesser extent, Show Me The Money (survival show for rappers). Aki-P is collaborating with Produce101 to make a Produce48 if you're interested lol. 

Music shows are platforms where artists can promote their newest release, in kpop they call it "comeback", music shows include Inkigayo, Music Bank, Music Countdown, Music Core, and Show Champion. The artists can be awarded for their releases through a point system that looks at Sales (digital and physical), MV views, SNS popularity, and live viewer votes. It depends on each show. 

Some examples;

Music Bank

Music Core 

M!Countdown (winning section) 

Hope this helps! ^^ 

#172 GetRapper

GetRapper

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 922 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 04:37 PM

@LiamMusume, no apologies necessary ^-^  I've been jamming to Lovelyz' most recent album, my favorites are Twinkle, Triangle and Just.

minaeshi pretty much said everything I was going to say lol  In addition, during their comeback periods they usually promote on variety shows like Knowing Brothers or Weekly Idol as well.  I find Korean variety to be much cringier than Japanese variety (I thought it couldn't be possible, but it's true) so I can only take it in small doses.  The advantage to watching these though is that they have English subs due to mass popularity internationally and they have awesome segments like interactions with Super Junior's Heechul in Knowing Brothers and 2X speed/random play dancing in Weekly Idol.  Youtube usually has just the good segments in separate videos:

epwHFX3.jpg?1

#173 GetRapper

GetRapper

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 922 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 04:19 PM

Cute!

epwHFX3.jpg?1

#174 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 03:08 AM

http://m.entertain.n...&aid=0003221055

Stellar are disbanding, this shouldn't surprise anyone.

#175 ShiningLight445

ShiningLight445

Amateur Family Historian

• Senpai
  • 2247 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 06:59 AM

^

I need to get their most recent release (2017) Stellar Into the World.

Archangels of the Sephiroth

" ’15 has become a completely new Morning Musume。, but I want to treat the history that has been handed down to us preciously.  If there was a book about Morning Musume。’s history, I think I would be happy to see my name left there."

~Oda Sakura

"Masaki loves all music made by Tsunku-san. Every single note and word stabs me right in my soul! I mean it in a good way!" (translated by Ronin - thanks!)

~Sato Masaki

#176 GetRapper

GetRapper

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 922 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 05:09 PM

I loved Stellar!  They had a rough time in the idol world, I will miss them and I wish them well in the future.

My favorite Stellar song and MV

epwHFX3.jpg?1

#177 iheartmanochan

iheartmanochan

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 560 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 12:22 AM

These are two recent releases I've been obsessed with! Cosmic Girls new song is really catchy. It does take several listens, but after a few you kind of understand the song. They really should stick with their "Space/Cosmic" image to help set them a part from other groups. "Happy" felt like a mistake.

CLC also has a recent comeback. This song is a bop and they suit this concept better than anything! 

Tokyo Girls Style  PASSPO☆★ Fairies ★ MM ANGERME

Juice=JuiceE-girlsSilent SirenFAKY

Jpop Music Review Blog

#178 GetRapper

GetRapper

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 922 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 06:40 PM

^Both are great!  I fell in love with CLC's song on first listen, it's my favorite title track from them.

The MV is beautiful, but I didn't like the WJSN song that much until I saw their M! Countdown performance.  Now I'm obsessed with it! lol

epwHFX3.jpg?1

#179 Aeria

Aeria

The Vagabond Dreamer

• Senpai
  • 1535 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 05:51 AM

TWICE will be having a comeback on April 9th! http://entertain.nav...&aid=0003223657

Ah, I'm so excited! I found TWICE through Murotan's fangirling about them, and I haven't stopped following them since. I love everything they've come out with so far, so I don't think I'll be disappointing. lol

#180 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 07:43 AM

^This actually worries me lol. except from signal, i've loved every release twice has put out. my expectations have gotten too high.. 

but this always happens with JYP girl groups for me welp. I stan more SM/Pledis groups but i can't deny that JYP always release bop upon bop for my girls. they feed me well lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users