• Please log in to reply
240 replies to this topic

#201 Aeria

Aeria

The Vagabond Dreamer

• Senpai
  • 1535 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 04:52 PM

TWICE just had their summer comeback, Summer Nights (07/09/2018). The main track is Dance the Night Away.

MOMOLAND had their comeback June 26th with Fun to the World. The main track is BAAM.

#202 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 06:29 PM

Produce48's group IZONE made their debut last week and they're already doing so well! 

fromis_9 released a new mini a couple weeks ago and I love it so much! I just started following them~ 

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#203 mizukingdom1

mizukingdom1

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1053 posts

Posted 05 April 2019 - 12:40 PM

BLACKPINK's comeback with the MV Kill This Love

At first I was like this is not as good as DDU DU DDU DU but the song is a grower and now it's on replay lol

#204 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1710 posts

Posted 08 August 2020 - 04:54 AM

they aren't idols but i just discovered this girl band called rolling quartz and i already love them so much!!!! i found them through tumblr (saw pics of their bassist areum on my dash) and i'm so happy i did because they're incredible. so far they've only released one song called "random" (though i can't tell if they have other originals on their yt channel) but they have a ton of covers on youtube (bad romance, misery business, etc).

idk if they're signed but i really hope they make it big like day6 and n.flying!!! they're so good, they deserve the best <3

#205 TotallyUncool

TotallyUncool

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 876 posts

Posted 08 August 2020 - 11:49 AM

Yes, yes, yes!  I like them!!!!

Neither Heaven nor sky above,
neither Hell nor earth below.

#206 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1710 posts

Posted 23 September 2020 - 08:02 AM

i 100% expected to hate this because i really don't like 80s synthpop but omg this song is so good!!!! it's kinda like blinding lights by the weeknd if it were faster and had a more positive tone (if that makes sense?), i love it a lot. it's already my most played song of the week on lastfm and it came out yesterday lmao

#207 Aeria

Aeria

The Vagabond Dreamer

• Senpai
  • 1535 posts

Posted 28 September 2020 - 07:43 AM

It's soooo good! It's definitely a sound change from DUN DUN but it's so refreshing. : D

Finally they stopped doing my girls dirty and gave fromis_9 a freaking comeback after a year and three months. : D

#208 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1710 posts

Posted 28 September 2020 - 07:52 AM

ahhh this song's such a bop!!! i'm not into fromis but i'm happy that they were able to finally have a cb :0 i need to get around to checking out their discography lol

#209 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1710 posts

Posted 02 October 2020 - 02:31 PM

blackpink finally has their first full album!!!! i've been listening to them since 2017 so i'm really hyped about this, i always forget how much i love them cuz they're always on hiatus but it's been great to be a bp fan for the past 3 months. i really love lovesick girls!!! it's probably the recency bias but i think this is one of their best songs yet (at least one of their best title tracks), it has a really solid structure and the production is good, as well as the vocals (lisa singing!!!). it feels very early 2010s edm, which usually sounds dated now but at this point bp's made dated their trademark sound so i don't mind it. besides, most of their dated songs are actually pretty bad, so i'm happy this one's potentially one of their best. anyway, here's my top 3 songs from the album ranked:

1. lovesick girls
  2. pretty savage
  3. love to hate me

overall i think the album was decent, like it wasn't good but it wasn't bad. it did the job, though tbh i wish it was 2-4 tracks longer just to get the duration to 30 minutes (it's only 24, and 15 minus the singles!). most of the non-single tracks felt pretty forgettable, like even though i listened to them all 5-6 times each i don't really remember most of them, which is unfortunate. maybe i'll warm up to them as the album ages? idk. but there were some standouts, pretty savage has such a cool beat and so many iconic lines: lisa saying she's a skinny bitch, everyone saying bitch a lot, JISOO RAPPING???? anyway yeah it slaps. love to hate me reminds me of 7 rings by ariana grande, which i find kinda annoying but i actually really like the melody and talk singing in love to hate me. the girls sound really good in it and it's just a fun bop

kjfkjgdhsfkjg ok wow i wrote a lot but tl;dr blackpink released a good song for once go listen to it (and maybe the album?)

#210 Aeria

Aeria

The Vagabond Dreamer

• Senpai
  • 1535 posts

Posted 03 October 2020 - 07:26 AM

THE SONG HAS AN ACTUAL CHORUS!

I've been a bit critical of BlackPink. For a group that is shown off as being one of the most popular girl groups, their stuff sounds generic or identical to each other. That being said, I'm impressed. Lovesick Girls sounds different than anything they've released so far. The rest of the album is good too, I just kind of wish YG gave them more songs. lol

#211 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1710 posts

Posted 03 October 2020 - 07:32 AM

yeah their musical output is usually awful so i was really surprised to hear this! of course i got hyped when i heard it had a chorus at all, but it's actually a good chorus too. like ice cream had a chorus, but because the song was rushing to get to the end it sounded way too much like a prechorus and disoriented the whole song. lovesick girls has space and lets all of its parts breathe which i really appreciate because it makes the song so good

and yeah i'll always be hoping they'll get more songs someday, but if they won't get a proper full length album i doubt we'll ever get a normal output lol

#212 Aeria

Aeria

The Vagabond Dreamer

• Senpai
  • 1535 posts

Posted 21 October 2020 - 06:42 PM

LOONA HAD TWO COMEBACKS THIS YEAR. ORBITS ARE BEING FED WELL.

#213 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1710 posts

Posted 21 October 2020 - 06:48 PM

i haven't listened to it much but from what i've heard it's a bop!!

#214 Aeria

Aeria

The Vagabond Dreamer

• Senpai
  • 1535 posts

Posted 13 November 2020 - 07:27 PM

STAYC just released the best debut song of the year. Black Eyed Pilseung did it again but went the extra step and just made their own damn group. Lmao

Twice fangirling increases

GFRIEND came back with Mago. Yuju pole dancing is 100000000/10 would recommend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmBYPXGqtss

Secret Number made their first comeback with Got That Boom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljdwsoYTq7I

Weeekly did the same with Zig Zag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FqAoADnId4

And finally: Black Swan aka another reboot of Rania:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb_K5-IIKgg

#215 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1710 posts

Posted 13 November 2020 - 08:31 PM

i can't stop me and black swan are really good! :0 stayc are also rlly cool, can't wait to see more of them

#216 Aeria

Aeria

The Vagabond Dreamer

• Senpai
  • 1535 posts

Posted 13 November 2020 - 08:48 PM

Well, Black Swan won't be coming back any time soon. They were put on hiatus due to a scandal from a former (?) member. : S

#217 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1710 posts

Posted 13 November 2020 - 08:59 PM

i heard :/ well they had potential at least lmao

#218 Aeria

Aeria

The Vagabond Dreamer

• Senpai
  • 1535 posts

Posted 13 November 2020 - 09:06 PM

DR Music is a crappy company. They killed the group before, and they did it again. Lmao

But there's so many rookie groups that debuted this year. And we still have aespa's debut next week too. At least with H!P releasing almost nothing, K-pop ggs have us covered with the content. Lol

#219 rurupedia

rurupedia

rururururu

• Senpai
  • 1710 posts

Posted 13 November 2020 - 09:35 PM

man idk why anyone goes to these crappy companies, i get they're desperate but imo it's probably not worth the pain when ur group gets screwed somehow :/ rania/blackswan deserve better tho, sucks what happened with them

and yeah, i can't get into kpop as much as h!p or 48g but i'm happy at least kpop groups are releasing bops to tide me over :')

#220 DiegoKashiwagi

DiegoKashiwagi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 750 posts

Posted 14 November 2020 - 02:01 AM

maybe im speaking too soon...but to me, Mago is the best kpop comeback of 2020, im not afraid to say it might be one of my favorite songs ever!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users