Photo

Azumanga Daioh!!!!!!!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
82 replies to this topic

#21 omiko

omiko

6th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 05:10 AM

okay, i guess i'll just confess here.

i just love sakakisan, that tall, long black haired sempai who love all animals especially cats and i cheered for her when she finally found a leopard [?] who returned her love.

is it my imagination or could have sakakisan have been modeled after kaorin, at least in the looks and the gentle, quiet personality?

#22 ahaw

ahaw

3rd gen member

• Shinmem
  • 378 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 04:34 PM

pervert!!!!! (but of kos i'm not talking about you omiko XD )

i think this anime change my opinion of the means of 'cute'....

;p

#23 maikosaiko

maikosaiko

4th gen member

• Senpai
  • 205 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 01:31 PM

azumanga daioh is my all time favorite. agree with the previous post that english dubbing sucks.
strange ideas, solid foundation, attractively unique characters (including hand-biting cat & chiyo's dad)
, naiveness portrayed on the girls..(i love osaka chan !!!) ...simply awesome anime series.
read the comic strips too, but love the anime better in this case. :(
ZONE gave me the strength and energy to my life... they're just like vitamins.
Posted Image

#24 jarkza

jarkza

~_~

• Senpai
  • 580 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 03:26 PM

I haven't said a thing here yet? nope :)
I loved it, it's the best anime I've ever seen :D don't like the comic stips that much... well... I don't like comics in general neither :(

#25 boggart

boggart

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 01:46 PM

I've gotta say that I have yet to find a better character in any animation at all who compares with Osaka-chan! She's simply the best!

#26 kairi123

kairi123

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 06:57 PM

Azumanga Daioh is my all time fav. I love Osaka, she's cute and weird. Her songs are slow and makes you sleepy.
Posted Image
Uh-oh...

#27 ahlzienen

ahlzienen

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 07:55 AM

yeey!!! azumanga daioh!!! the best!!! im really hoping to get a personal copy myself!!!
i think everyone who will watch it they will be addicted on it!!!
favorite character : osaka!!! woooooo (ey i have a friend who was quitw like osaka in terms of thinking so we call her osaka :P [osaka sorry for saying this on a forum] )

#28 fang

fang

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 274 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 08:33 AM

Just finished watching it. One of the cutest and funnies anime I have seen. I really liked it.

#29 orac

orac

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 343 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 02:12 PM

I have seen all episodes of this, but, am missing the 6th dvd, >.>, can't remember those episodes too well, but my favourite character is osaka.
Posted Image

#30 kera

kera

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 84 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 02:24 PM

I got the whole anime a few months ago and practically watched it in one sitting, only stopping to get some sleep :)

I have too many favourite parts to comment on them. Including just about every scene with Chiyo-chichi (メリー。。。クリスマス。。。) or Osaka in it. The soundtrack is really awesome too, if a bit too melancholic. It seems to be used in Japanese tv shows pretty often.
Posted Image

#31 maikosaiko

maikosaiko

4th gen member

• Senpai
  • 205 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 04:46 AM

i heard there's a new manga series made by the creators of azumanga daioh.
i've seen some cuts and i liked it instantly. too bad there isn't any english translated
ones of this.. or is there ?? :lol:
ZONE gave me the strength and energy to my life... they're just like vitamins.
Posted Image

#32 kamegoo

kamegoo

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4517 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 01:29 PM

i love tomo-chan the wildcat..thoug i only watched the fiorst episode..i loved it!!

so funny esp the cat that bit sasaki...hehe kawaii.. :c33: :c33:
3Y2YJ.png
cr: R/M & SweetHoney

#33 azumakazumanja

azumakazumanja

6th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 98 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 03:29 PM

Great anime, so funny and genuine. :D
I like the hyper-active girl, Tomo-chan? Sorry I often forget names and I watched this a year ago.
Especially when she deliberately threw away the beach villa's key ::D:
Posted Image
Maichin or Tanakachi?
Both of course

#34 Hakaisou

Hakaisou

Luv da GIF (Great Ishikawa & Fujimoto)

• Shinmem
  • 539 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 03:58 PM

I like Sakaki-san. She is a big breasted version of Kaori.

Tall, long hair, she speaks quietly, she is always spaced out...

Posted Image
Posted Image

#35 Mimi_girl

Mimi_girl

♥I'm a Shorta and Manga Artist♥

• Senpai
  • 3309 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 03:55 AM

Sorry for bumping an old thread but I have to comment on this anime.

I just got interested of this anme yesturday and I have to say that my favorite Characters are Osaka and Chiyo-chan :w00t:. They're so cute and weird, but it pays off to spend 45 dollars on the whole series pack :good:. I only stopped on the 8th episode, but already I have favorites. It took me a while to have a favorite in Fushigi Yuugi (like after the 27th episode or something in Fushigi Yuugi), and I'm gonna watch more of this anime tomorrow on our TV!

ヽ(✿╹◡╹✿)ノ  Visit my artsu pages! And remember the morals of life is SHORTA  

Deviantart Tumblr YouTube Official Art Channel Twitter

#36 kitamurafan

kitamurafan

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 574 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 04:13 AM

Azumanga Daioh is one of my favorites. It has so many classic lines, some of which I posted in the "Your favorite anime lines..." thread. As for the English dub I like it. But that probably has to do with the fact that dubbed is how I first saw it. (I'm not starting a subbed vs. dubbed debate so I'll move on.)

Sakaki-san is probably my favorite character because she's so complex: the quiet girl everyone thinks is tough but loves all things cute. Chiyo-chan is adorable and her in a penguin suit is just too cute for words. Miss Yukari is hilarious. Her relationship with Nyamo is funny.

I could go on and on about this series but I won't. It's a classic.

Cody L. Martin -  author and freelance writer

Twitter: @codylmartin1701

#37 RoxasuEX

RoxasuEX

Became an AKB48 fan during his absence

• Senpai
  • 5072 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 04:18 AM

Osaka rocks, so randomly slow

FukumuraSig_zps01ca5087.jpg
(*^ ^*)

#38 Mimi_girl

Mimi_girl

♥I'm a Shorta and Manga Artist♥

• Senpai
  • 3309 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 04:31 AM

Miss Yukari is hilarious. Her relationship with Nyamo is funny.

They're my favorite coupling on that series so far :sob:. My favorite part was when Miss. Yukari got cramps in the water, and it made me laugh hard.

One character I just pretty much hate is that Man :sob:. He likes looking at high school girls which makes me hate him lots. It's like when I think about him, I think about bad things and weird stuff on the show.

ヽ(✿╹◡╹✿)ノ  Visit my artsu pages! And remember the morals of life is SHORTA  

Deviantart Tumblr YouTube Official Art Channel Twitter

#39 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 06:20 AM

This guy?
Posted Image
And a few more just because.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

Did you get the special box set with the pins for $45 or the regular one?
Osaka = total randomness.

#40 Ripusu-Sama

Ripusu-Sama

Charles! Bad boy!

• Senpai
  • 1096 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 06:25 AM

Miss Yukari is hilarious. Her relationship with Nyamo is funny.

They're my favorite coupling on that series so far XD. My favorite part was when Miss. Yukari got cramps in the water, and it made me laugh hard.

One character I just pretty much hate is that Man <_<. He likes looking at high school girls which makes me hate him lots. It's like when I think about him, I think about bad things and weird stuff on the show.

OMG THAT PART IS SO FREAKING FUNNY... "INTERFERENCE" I have the whole series and I never get tired of watching that anime. OMG i loooooovvvveeeeeee this anime it's my second fave of all time (number one being " the maloncholy of harui suzumiya), My fave character hands down has to be OSAKA... such a scene stealer I love her!

and mimi_girl don't apologies for bumping this thread... it needed to be bumped. EVERy one must watch Azumanga daioh. If they don't then they don't have a complete life XD

"GET MOTIVATED... GET MOTIVATED... MOTIVATION MOTIVATION MOTIVATION ::CHIYO CHAN PANTS:: GET MOTIVATED" lololololol

Osaka and Yukiari funniest hands down.

funniest eppy... when Yomi comes back from her Aeroplane ride and Tomo gets jelouse and goes after her with the school tray and accidently hits
Spoiler
AHH i must watch that eppy now.
Top 5 H!P Members in my list: 1: Ogawa Makoto 2: Nakazawa Yuko 3: Ishikawa Rika 4: Niigaki Risa 5: Michishige Sayumi
I'M NOW AN OFFICIAL SAYU BLOG ADDICT
Generations come and go but GOKKIES are for ever
Risa Niigaki: The only one that truly embodies Morning Musume
Best Uta Doki! clicky
Favorite Sempais from H!O: Himalia, Celedam, FumikoH, Demanding More Makoto