• This topic is locked This topic is locked
436 replies to this topic

#381 Dani (cromartiedropout)

Dani (cromartiedropout)

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 37 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 09:34 AM

So, I believe I've done everything right.  Uploaded the torrent file, kept the one I created seeding, redownloaded from the page on the tracker...but it says I'm a leecher, and won't download the files?

The link to my torrent is here: http://www.hello-onl...s&torrent=77124

And this is what the status of the torrent is stuck at:

tumblr_nbf6fcWb8G1r8kq4eo1_1280.png

Top is the one I downloaded from here, bottom is the one I created.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Posted Image
Thanks to Logan for the avi and sig!

#382 Recognizer

Recognizer

GakiKame lover

• Senpai
  • 3377 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 11:19 AM

^ You should delete the one you've created firstly, and when open downloaded, you should choose the exact directory where your files are. If it doesn't start checking files, you've chosen it wrong.

caCYGi9.jpg

#383 Dani (cromartiedropout)

Dani (cromartiedropout)

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:53 AM

Yeah no, still nothing :\  I'm putting the new downloaded torrent into the exact same folder as the files, running it from there, choosing to save the files from there...and nothing.  I even tried to hit Force Re-Check like in SC's tutorial, but it's just not going.  I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

Posted Image
Thanks to Logan for the avi and sig!

#384 Recognizer

Recognizer

GakiKame lover

• Senpai
  • 3377 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 03:43 PM

Maybe you're choosing to put the folder with files into the folder where your files are? Try choosing higher directory then.

If not, probably it's problem with your torrent client. Try uninstalling it and downloading the newest version (or ever other client).

caCYGi9.jpg

#385 Mononoke

Mononoke

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 09:35 PM

Thanks for info.   I was mystified why my Kyary Pamyu Pamyu torrent was just shut down.  I was trying to return the favour others had helped me. 

#386 jason48jp

jason48jp

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 07:38 AM

hi all, i have a question regarding seeding torrents after you finished downloading them (not torrents uploaded by me)

i first noticed that when seeding, my upload speed for the torrent was rly slow (< 10kB/s) then i happen to come upon this tutorial guide by sacredcultivator which pointed me to port forwarding

therefore, i have open my port for my torrent client (bittorrent).. however, when i run the port test in the setup guide of bittorrent, it would show me that my port is not open.. this left me abit confused because on other port test i have done using other tools, it would show me that the port is open.. is this a problem in the port test in bittorrent or is my port really not open?

2805q8m.jpg

as stated by sacredcultivator in his tutorial guide, i should have a green check mark at the bottom of bittorrent (which i do).. i just want to confirm that my port is open so that i can seed properly and increase my ratio (obviously  :c18: ) also, what are the typical upload speeds? i know it is different when the no. of peers connected changes.. my upload speed for the current torrent i am seeding (akb request hour 2014) is around 150kB/s and im connected to 7 peers.. is this normal? i would think so as compared to prior to port forwarding, i would only hit speeds at max 20kB/s

appreciate any comment..  ^_^

#387 Ahornbjörn

Ahornbjörn

Forever Sayashi

• Senpai
  • 3200 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 11:08 AM

µTorrent's Shady Bitcoin-Mining Program Could Blow Up Your Computer

For roughly a decade, µTorrent has been, if not the best torrent download client, certainly one of the most attractive. It has well over 100 million users, who have been lured in by the program's small file size, unobtrusive nature, and well-designed powerful interface.

You should uninstall it, right now.
Packaged with the latest version of µTorrent is a program called Epic Scale, a surreptitious digital currency miner that secretly uses your computer’s processing power in order to make money for µTorrent and Epic Scale.
There is a clause in Epic Scale's policy that says its software might literally destroy your computer.

But I hope you were clever enough to decline the offer and the others during the installation. (You should always watch out for bloatware offers during installations)
1425663403429513lcboa.png1425663439164612uoyor.png

The program doesn’t install itself silently, as many other websites have reported, however. It’s part of the standard installation process that µTorrent has turned into its main source of revenue. It’s one of three separate pieces of not-so-great software you can easily install by clicking the wrong button. And, wow, if you mistakenly do this, you’re in for a treat.

And here is a guide to disable all the ads and banners

http://forum.utorren...e-banner/page-3
If you're done it should look like this

948b4b395467602.jpg

For Bundles (right click) But it probably comes back

1425663439164612kasjl.png

♡ Sayashi is Hi(gh) love,Sayashi is Hi(gh) life ♪
kaediirihometal38486kz2.png
りほ, りほ Password is りほ ♪

#388 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 12:03 PM

µTorrent version 3 and up has been shit from the very beginning. If you use µTorrent just stick to version 2.2.1

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#389 Ahornbjörn

Ahornbjörn

Forever Sayashi

• Senpai
  • 3200 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 12:12 PM

I dont have any problems with  v3. + :ph34r:

りほ, りほ Password is りほ ♪

#390 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 04:50 PM

Thank you Todeskin for posting this. I hope everybody reads this and does not install this latest version. Please, do not install latest µtorrent version.

For what it's worth, this version is now being banned by many private trackers on the Internet.

#391 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 06:54 PM

For what it's worth, this version is now being banned by many private trackers on the Internet.

I take it that you won't blacklist v3 here then? It might lead to many people asking "omg I can't download why" but we could just link to this post then.

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#392 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 07:33 PM

I've talked to haku about this. I don't know yet his answer, whether it'll be blacklisted or not. Anyways, people should stop using this version regardless of what we decide or not. Nobody should use software that comes with secret programs like this. 

The direction utorrent is going right now is worrying. From what I can see, a lot of people recommends this client as an alternative to utorrent: http://qbittorrent.org/

#393 Ahornbjörn

Ahornbjörn

Forever Sayashi

• Senpai
  • 3200 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 07:34 AM

If you want to blacklist clients start with xunlei

I'm still using the latest µTorrent ver. and I clicked the right button :ph34r:

It’s one of three separate pieces of not-so-great software you can easily install by clicking the wrong button

PS: My UL speed is 3x faster now because I upgraded my Connection yesterday , so my torrents will run faster now.

4198730699.png

But I still have problems with some new torrents to connect with peers, same result with qbittorrent, I guess its the peers fault :huh:

りほ, りほ Password is りほ ♪

#394 oca_ashari

oca_ashari

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 01:06 PM

Senpai How to Upload File i always get eror when upload my file 

#395 Ahornbjörn

Ahornbjörn

Forever Sayashi

• Senpai
  • 3200 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 01:18 PM

Could you be a bit more specific?

Which error ...

りほ, りほ Password is りほ ♪

#396 dofphoto

dofphoto

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 87 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 01:22 PM

I'm beating myself up trying to figure out why I cant upload anything and the I see the rule I have to wait 36 hours?  - I try to seed but the files I am allowed to get, everyone Is done with before my timer expires so I end up negative ratio... please remove the upload rule its terrible.

#397 Margie GiGi

Margie GiGi

Fansubber

• Senpai
  • 1704 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 11:12 PM

I uploaded a torrent and

Its green and it says finished so im done? lol

can ppl download it now?

I messaged Todesking

and she/he helped me solve the problem :)

zSP0uV1.gif

Team! °C-ute &

Cho TokimekiSendenbu

#398 _XC_

_XC_

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 01:56 AM

why my radio upload does not increase ??? I look at my torrent activity. I much upload torrent. but why not my torrent ratio increases ? any problem with ratio ?

#399 Mr. Take It Easy

Mr. Take It Easy

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 137 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 09:15 PM

Hey guys, when i try to open a torrent it download as a text, is that okay? what should i do?

#400 toeisynth

toeisynth

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 03:08 PM

Dear Readers,

I just thought I would create a small quick and easy way to use and create torrents and upload them onto the tracker so in the future hopefully people can just read this and not create threads/ post questions in regards to this.. So quite possibly this could be stickied or something of that matter as I know if put in a thread and posts pile up, no one bothers to backtrack and read previous posts.

How to Torrent (Brief Overview):
Okay, so this is going to be very brief.

Most likely those that say, "I can't torrent" just don't know how (Cause I'm sure even on Campus (College) you can bypass it), but anyway, most of the time the reason you 'can't' is probably because you aren't aware as to how to port forward your Torrent Client to your router (As most DIRECT line connections shouldn't have any problems, I dunno as I use a Router).

For starters, if using uTorrent, best to use the provided Speed Guide and select your Upload speed, and if yours isn't listed pick the closest one (Lower) not the next closest (Highest), OR you can visit Here for more specific settings.

On to port forwarding, you can click Here, and search for your router, I'll use mine for example sake, I have a Here, and that is preselected for uTorrent, but it doesn't matter much.

Almost forgot to mention... If you aren't aware as to how to access your router, might need to google, for Linksys it would be 192.168.1.1, some are 192.168.1.0, just need to google your Routers Company for it.

The link provides the necessary screenshots for a better walk-through, and if you use another torrent client, that's fine, as it still is the same of looking for the Port Number.

Afterward, when completed, your ports should be properly forwarded, and you can easily check through uTorrent by clicking on the icon on the bottom of uTorrent, which if right should be a green check mark, and if bad will either be a Red Exclamation Mark or a yellow Questions Mark.

-----

Program Used:
-uTorrent
PS: Note if using BitComet/ Vuze there is a Torrent Creator with those but I am not experienced for those so I don't have any input but should work about the same.

Creating a Torrent:
1. Go to 'File -> Create New Torrent', Click 'Add File' and locate the file you would like to create a Torrent for then Double Click / Open.
2. Under the Tracker Box, input any tracker (Best to input just ONE) you would like, as H!O changes the tracker anyway, so it doesn't matter.
3. After you finish that click on 'Create and save as...'

Creating a BATCHED Torrent:
1. Go to 'File -> Create New Torrent', Click 'Add directory'
2. Go to the Folder that you would like to Batch and then Select Folder.
3. Under the Tracker Box, input any tracker you would like, as H!O changes the tracker anyway, so it doesn't matter.
4. After you finish that click on 'Create and save as...'

Uploading Torrent onto H!O Tracker:
-Firstly, access the Upload Torrent page which is located under Tracker -> Upload.
1. This can be done either First (If you aren't going to add ScreenShots) or Last (If you are going to post ScreenShots) as if you add ScreenShots it will clear the field. In this field you locate the .torrent that you created earlier (Usually in same folder as the File you're going to upload).
2. Enter the Torrent name that you would like Displayed to the public (No need to add the Extension {.avi/.mp4/.iso/.mpeg/.ts/.etc})
-
3. If you plan on adding ScreenShots click on 'Add ScreenShots' and you can load up to 8 Pictures.
-Steps to making ScreenShots (Using Media Player Classic: Home Cinema):
- Open the video with MPC-HC and click on "File -> Save Thumbnails..."
- This will open up different options that can you change (Save type / resolution / amount of screenshots), name it whatever you'd like and then click on "Save"
- Alright now you can go back to H!O and 'Browse' to your ScreenShots that you just made, when ready click on 'Add' which will take you back to the Upload Page.

4. You can enter anything you would like into the description field as it is only a place for you to put in any information you would like. It is okay to leave it blank if you'd like but generally it is better to include some sort of description about the file you are uploading.
5. Click on the "Type Menu" and click on the "Type" that is best closest to your upload.
*NOTE* If it is something subtitled, be sure to Tick on 'Subtitle'.
6. Choice of "H!P" / "AKB48" / "adds", select whichever is relevant to your upload.
"If the "release date" of the file(s) is older than 3 months, the torrent should be posted on the "adds" tracker."
7. Once you are ready then click on "Upload" and presto you are nearly finished.
A screen will come up asking if you want to return to the tracker page or to view torrent details (Click on "View torrent details")

How To Seed Newly Added File:
1. Download your torrent like you would any other torrent. (Do not confuse this with SEEDING the Torrent you uploaded.)
2A. As it is added to your Client, direct the Download Path to the File you uploaded. (NOT the .torrent you created or directory, but the actual file that you want to seed)
2B. If you are going to Seed a BATCHED file, direct the Download Path to the Folder you uploaded.
3. Afterward, when you are done click on 'Ok' and click on the newly added Torrent.
4. Right-click on the newly added torrent and click on 'Force Re-Check', this will scan your file to see if it is the same file.
5. When all is checked and the torrent reads 100%, you can now begin seeding the file.

Sorry for the dumb question, but after i download my own torrent, i cant seem to do the 2A step. everytime i choose the download path, i cant find my own file (eventhough i click on the right folder where i put the file), can someone help me?

Edit: nvm, after endless clicking and reading, i found the answer

Edited by toeisynth, 24 May 2015 - 03:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users