Photo

Tracker question: BT-client of choice?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
210 replies to this topic

Poll: Which torrent client do you use? (347 member(s) have cast votes)

Which torrent client do you use?

1. Original (12 votes [3.46%])

Percentage of vote: 3.46%

2. BitComet (124 votes [35.73%])

Percentage of vote: 35.73%

3. BitTornado (41 votes [11.82%])

Percentage of vote: 11.82%

4. Azureus (87 votes [25.07%])

Percentage of vote: 25.07%

5. ABC (12 votes [3.46%])

Percentage of vote: 3.46%

6. Others (71 votes [20.46%])

Percentage of vote: 20.46%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#201 Tony Oguri

Tony Oguri

Connoisseur of Fine Ladies

• Senpai
  • 2385 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 02:41 AM

If your global upload setting is fine and your torrent upload settings are OK.... try right-clicking on each torrent and issue a "Update Tracker" a couple times. Look at the General tab and watch it reset. Maybe that'll help.

ym.jpg

World's greatest and #1 fan of Oguri Yui, Yahagi Moeka, and Chiba Erii.

#202 Ganny

Ganny

Dorky Ai = Perfection

• Kouhai
  • 557 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 09:38 AM

Super seeding = fair seeding, or somting like that. It is a mode then you pritoritise peaple that have high share ration. (my english suck at the moment). this mode is realy useful if you are only uploading and it leaves the leachers behind (peaple with more or less none in upload speed)

Cool. So that's what it does... Thanks for that. I gotta try that out with my torrents :(

Posted Image
Set made by S-N-I-P-E-R - You just can't beat dorky Ai XD - last.fm
Morning Musume. was diagnosed with cancer on 7th December 2009...
It was diagnosed as terminal on 8th August 2010...
Morning Musume. died on 9th January 2011. The funeral will be at the end of the Autumn concert tour...

#203 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 07:40 PM

Hehe never really paid much attention to the Initial Seeding(uTorrent) as I thought only good if you are the ONLY Seeder... but I guess if you are just seeding it is helpful, shall start doing that from now on as I generally just seed opposed to download.
EDIT: taken from uTorrents site,
"Does �Torrent support Super Seeding mode?

Yes, it does. Double click on the torrent and check the Initial Seeding box to turn it on. For an explanation of what Super Seeding is, read this page
Please note that Super Seeding should ONLY be used if you are the -ONLY- seeder in the swarm, with no exceptions. It is also only effective with at least 2 peers in the swarm, and should generally not be used when you have high upload speeds."

So.. is it still recommended to use if you aren't the only seeder? (FYI: 60kbps upload)

Hello!Fansubs is recruiting Translators and Karaoke-Typesetters, PM if interested.
OR if you need my assistance in fansubbing (QC/Encoding), let me know.

#204 Ganny

Ganny

Dorky Ai = Perfection

• Kouhai
  • 557 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 08:11 PM

Hehe never really paid much attention to the Initial Seeding(uTorrent) as I thought only good if you are the ONLY Seeder... but I guess if you are just seeding it is helpful, shall start doing that from now on as I generally just seed opposed to download.
EDIT: taken from uTorrents site,
"Does �Torrent support Super Seeding mode?

Yes, it does. Double click on the torrent and check the Initial Seeding box to turn it on. For an explanation of what Super Seeding is, read this page
Please note that Super Seeding should ONLY be used if you are the -ONLY- seeder in the swarm, with no exceptions. It is also only effective with at least 2 peers in the swarm, and should generally not be used when you have high upload speeds."

So.. is it still recommended to use if you aren't the only seeder? (FYI: 60kbps upload)

Yeah. I guess, with that speed. I can only get up to... I think about 30kbps upload. <_< I don't know why. My download is about 60kbps (I have 2GB)

Posted Image
Set made by S-N-I-P-E-R - You just can't beat dorky Ai XD - last.fm
Morning Musume. was diagnosed with cancer on 7th December 2009...
It was diagnosed as terminal on 8th August 2010...
Morning Musume. died on 9th January 2011. The funeral will be at the end of the Autumn concert tour...

#205 jumansalag

jumansalag

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 08:58 PM

Now I use Bitcomet i thinks it's so nice and easy to use a configure it.
But i don't know if this is the best choice to use.

#206 rpger81

rpger81

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 615 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 01:33 AM

If you try this while other seeders are on then you're more than likely to see a 0kb/s upload speed. uTorrent changed the name form Super to Initial so not to confuse people. This should only be enabled if you are the initial (first) seeder and once a completed copy is sent you need to turn it off.

When it says high speeds it pretty much depends on the size of the torrent. Since without Initial Seeding you're more than likely to have a 1.5 ratio before a full copy is sent out, so if it's a small torrent that you can get out fast regardless then it's not necessary. With I.S. you're doing a 1:1 ratio till a full copy is out but you're really relying on others to re-distribute those pieces (cough - damn you BitComet - cough) :(

yukirin.png
Thanks to BluCherri for the sig <3

#207 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 02:28 AM

Yeah I figured as yup for uTorrent it is Initial Seeder.

I was only wondering as I don't use it at all.

Hello!Fansubs is recruiting Translators and Karaoke-Typesetters, PM if interested.
OR if you need my assistance in fansubbing (QC/Encoding), let me know.

#208 NatsuNoCheri

NatsuNoCheri

Sayaka Kitahara's no. 1 Wota

• Senpai
  • 1024 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 10:24 PM

I use uTorrent...it works pretty well for me.

#209 yonasu

yonasu

LONG LIVE KAMEISM!

• Senpai
  • 718 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 10:26 PM

I've tried many, but µTorrent seem to be the best for my computer! Minimum memory usage, easy to configure and use... Well, as good as it gets ^^

tumblr_lqnt6ly9zF1qb77zdo1_1280.jpg

#1 Kameist! 
kameism.tumblr.com

#210 LvB

LvB

ガッキー fanboy

• Senpai
  • 1702 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 01:59 AM

I've been using Bit Tornado for as long as I have been using Bit Torrent. But I might try some other programs. Bit Tornado takes up too much memory.. =\

Posted Image

#211 Danji

Danji

Why is it that I can NEVER recognize Michishige!?!

• Senpai
  • 683 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 05:00 PM

I use uTorrent as well.

1) Simple setup.
2) Low memorry overhead.
3) All the options you'd ever REALLY need.
4) Fast as hell!
5) I can hide it away while it's seeding here at work. B)
Posted Image