1 reply to this topic

#1 Ronin

Ronin

人生Bluetooth

• Senpai
  • 2095 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 05:31 PM

Posted Image

This is my favorite manga because it's the most beautiful one I've read and I say it's beautiful even though it might be the goriest one I've ever read. And no, I'm not a fan of gore. For everyone interested in the manga, go google it. It's all over the internetz. This place might be a good start. Scanlations are all over the net too.

First of all: IMO it's impossible to convert this manga into an anime series which is nearly as good as the original. The art of mangaka Samura Hiroaki can not be implemented in an anime.

But now BEETRAIN Production Inc. is giving it a shot and the first episode will be broadcasted on July 13th. The director is Mashimo Kouichi who is well known for Noir, Tsubasa Chronicle, Madlax, the .hack series etc.

There's a trailer on the official site of the anime: http://mugen.kc.koda...o.jp/eizou.html

They seem to have kept lots of the violence of the manga, but what bugs me is that the drawing style is too clean and too neat. People who read the manga should know that the manga is often very sketchy and almost dirty which adds a lot of dynamics. But yeah, I guess it's impossible for an anime to look like that. I would have preferred if the anime was black-and-white only, but I guess that's impossible as well.

Here's the ending theme "Core" by Gravepine:

The biased fan in me says that even if they utterly fail at it, it still might become the best samurai anime ever. What do you think?

Don't break the Pocky in your hearts.

#2 mangomalte

mangomalte

"blame" invis for that ^

• Senpai
  • 3574 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 01:50 PM

i LOVE this manga! :wub: one of the first i read, actually, thanks to a swedish manga magazine. i haven't read all of it yet, so i better go do that. XD

i have to agree about the fact that this one can't be turned into an anime and keep its great drawing style. but still, it's gonna be great to watch it. and to those of you that watch it and like it.. read the manga! :P

Posted Image
my last.fm ・ visit #risa @ efnet.org

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users