Photo

Where do you get your anime from?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
37 replies to this topic

#1 starrynight

starrynight

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 January 2005 - 07:08 PM

Just wondering where you guys get your anime fixes from. I'm really into anime, but my love for it is regenerating and I'm compelled to try to get a 31GB file of all the Ranma 1/2 episodes and the movies. ^_^ 31GB. Oy. Plus, I still want to get the Marmalade Boy and Azumanga Daioh series, which are about 4GB each. I'm going to try and get them from Hongfire. So, where do you get your's from?

#2 wakuwaku

wakuwaku

6th gen member

• Senpai
  • 60 posts

Posted 07 January 2005 - 08:18 PM

For large batches I look into Box Torrents , but since I started getting jpop stuffs Im on hold with anime batches ^^;

31gbs to complete Ranma ^_^ wish i had better connection to download everything i want "-_-
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

ぐるぐる回る♪♪ ぐるぐる回る♪♪

#3 Sukachu

Sukachu

5th gen member

• Senpai
  • 194 posts

Posted 07 January 2005 - 11:30 PM

Maybe you should try: www.animesuki.com ^_^ .
***Make a Wish. Star light star bright, grant me my wish tonight***.

Posted Image

#4 ojisan74

ojisan74

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 01:10 AM

animesuki is the best for anything NOT licensed in the US. If you want those series, I can't help. Aone and ANBU the best for Naruto. Lunar and A-Keep also do great job with the things they sub.
Posted Image

#5 qx123

qx123

Five Tiger Generals

• Dai-Senpai
  • 1585 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 04:12 AM

Animesuki is good for new releases...
Most of my new stuff came from there

#6 wakuwaku

wakuwaku

6th gen member

• Senpai
  • 60 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 04:25 AM

Animesuki is cool ^^; , you can try Download Anime ORG or Baka Updates too

cant remember any other big sites ^_^

ぐるぐる回る♪♪ ぐるぐる回る♪♪

#7 jimbo the mighty

jimbo the mighty

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 04:43 AM

www.tokyotosho.com seems to be the heir apparent to mircx/mirkx which was a pretty good site before it disappeared.

haven't been into the anime scene lately because i don't think any of the recent stuff is interesting enough to see. though, I have to check out the new ah my goddess tv series that recently started.

#8 Sukachu

Sukachu

5th gen member

• Senpai
  • 194 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 10:50 AM

Hmm, maybe this site: http://a.scarywater.net works pretty good for my Naruto episode (Anbu&AonE) and Gundam things (Herolegends) ^_^ . BUT first you have to know who's fansubbing the anime, then you'll choose the name of that one and just hope they got the anime you want ^^; .
***Make a Wish. Star light star bright, grant me my wish tonight***.

Posted Image

#9 Santa-san

Santa-san

圣诞老人

• Senpai
  • 1254 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 01:37 PM

I always get my Naruto episodes from AnimeSuki. The rest I dowload from the usual anime hubs on DC, like that AnimExclusive hub which Kaizoku Fansubs linked me to. I downloaded 25 episodes of Full Metal Alchemist just last week, but I haven't gotten around to watch them yet.
Anyways, there's lots of anime on DC, so of if you're looking for something you will find it there. ^_^
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#10 A.K. - ZONE

A.K. - ZONE

~ 君がくれたもの ~

• Validating
  • 395 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 10:03 PM

hey guys thanks for the links ^_^

#11 Chr0n0

Chr0n0

7th gen member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 02:03 AM

For Manga, www.dailymanga.org is a good site to check out, if there is a manga translation project of a title, its most likely listed there

I get my Manga mostly from IRC, there's one channel exclusively for Manga group staffs where we can get each other's releases (I'm a translator for a manga group), but for general manga for download, #[email protected] is quite good, we have quite a few big fservers, and @find is allowed :3
~人間玩具Chr0n0~
Founder & Scanner, DPG
Translator & Procastrinator, Mangaproject
Timer & Encoder & Tea Server, HPS

#12 chin0bo

chin0bo

5th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 137 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 02:34 AM

jimbo the mighty  Posted on Jan 8 2005, 12:43 PM
  www.tokyotosho.com seems to be the heir apparent to mircx/mirkx which was a pretty good site before it disappeared.

haven't been into the anime scene lately because i don't think any of the recent stuff is interesting enough to see. though, I have to check out the new ah my goddess tv series that recently started.

yeah tokyotosho.com is great. i usually just go on mirc and get the files. i use tokyotosho to see whats out. baka-updates.com is also good to see whats been released.

#13 Rabiesfish

Rabiesfish

6th gen member

• Senpai
  • 99 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 03:46 PM

box is good, but they'v been dead for a week or more...
are tv shows also the target of mpaa riaa threats?
x_x

#14 velven

velven

Official Maiko's BBQ

• Senpai
  • 159 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 04:36 PM

emm, i dun understand japanese.... but for the sake for more resources...

Can anyone tell me where to find Good quality RAW anime?
i'm looking for naruto's and GDS's, mainly XD

#15 yangkuang

yangkuang

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 05:30 PM

Uhm, I used to use DC++ for anime, but since I don't have time to watch it anymore, I haven't used it for a while... o_O
Posted Image

E V E R L A S T I N G - http://www.hurly.org

#16 Rabiesfish

Rabiesfish

6th gen member

• Senpai
  • 99 posts

Posted 26 January 2005 - 10:31 AM

what do you mean raw? the naruto subtitled anyway, any more raw and you would have to rented from the video store

#17 Asayan

Asayan

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 01:10 AM

All of the above and also http://www.hongfire.com, but their bt section is offline for update currently :blush:
Posted Image

#18 erichuuu

erichuuu

erizabeth kyamei XDD

• Senpai
  • 113 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 04:52 AM

what do you mean raw?

"raw" means the video file before subtitled like most of the files on Hello! Tracker, no subtitle, the same exact video that was on tv...
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#19 TheDarkHaze

TheDarkHaze

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 03:29 PM

I generally use IRC to get anime. Occasionally bittorrent if the bots are slow on releases or the group has lousy bots =/ Otherwise if I need older releases I would use DC++ and use my schools hub. The people on their have insane collections o_O Collectively 5 guys have roughlt 20TB (terrabytes, 1 terrabyte = 1024 gigs) of anime related material. I roughly have...mmm 500 gigs or so >_<

Uhm, I used to use DC++ for anime, but since I don't have time to watch it anymore, I haven't used it for a while... o_O

Theres a couple ways for raws, the easiest would be bittorrent and rely on raw groups to release the raws you want, for example saiyaman or l33t-raws.

http://www.saiyaman.info/ <-- saiyaman
http://www2.l33t-raws.org/bt/ <-- l33t-raws

However if you want a broader range of raws you can get a program called winmx, it is a typical p2p, there are certain "japanese anime" hubs such as anime-fantasia. And generally certain raw hunters (people who hunt for raws) or raw providers hang out on these hubs. When using winmx you'll need the 2.86(I think it's .86, I know it's generation 2) version and access to these "hubs" Where you get the information...you'll have to look it up yourself =/ I haven't gone raw hunting for a while...been out of the subbing business for a little bit =(

Anyhow that's the "active but not destructive" way of finding raws.

The most efficient way of gathering raws is using a program called winny, which is a japanese p2p client, similar to winmx, but only in japanese. This requires you to change your language settings to Japanese instead of English or whatever language you have as default.

BTW for both winmx and winny you will need to know how to write japanese otherwise when you search for "raws" nothing will come up. Or rather only teh subbed ones will come up, which...isn't quite what you want. I suggest using JWPce for example to write in japanese and copy and paste into winmx or whichever program you wish.

Now the very VERY best is to of course find a friend in japan to record it for you and then send it to you =P

(Oddly enough I know like 2 people living in japan...yet I don't get raws from them o_O)
The Haze is here

#20 velven

velven

Official Maiko's BBQ

• Senpai
  • 159 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 01:51 AM

XD oops, my very bad... i sorta forgot to reply Rabiesfish...lol,
thanks, erichuuu for helping me reply...
i haven had time to check out the places Asayan and TheDarkHaze recommended, lol, but i thank you ppl in advance :wub: