Photo

What is your first reaction on the new design?

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#21 toxic025

toxic025

Haterz!Online

• Senpai
  • 8026 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 05:53 PM

I have the name gap problem too but it doesn't seem like its a big deal tho. I use firefox and it seems really good so far, just got to get used to the new goodies. the thing I like is the picboard has its own tab and the all instant save which is awesome and a time saver. good work on the new layout Haku ^^;

racequeen.jpg

#22 L414

L414

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 861 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 06:01 PM

^ all instant save?
さん…?%&#ぜn

#23 fallstheshadow

fallstheshadow

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 75 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 06:01 PM

My first reaction was "whoa, something's different here" >.<
I'm still sleepy.
But other than that, I'm having no problems with IE7, you must have fixed all of them already.
Also, the front page seems cute and tiny in the sense of the text. Anyway, sorry if this is irrelevant. Thanks for all your hard work!

*avatar credit: imhitomi/ilovemychibidonut*

#24 David Snow

David Snow

1st gen member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 562 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 06:06 PM

David Snow: Thanks, fixed.

BTW--- I LOVE the new design!!!! ^^;
Posted Image

#25 aldrin

aldrin

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 69 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 06:31 PM

it was awesome. though it seems to take more time to load now (since im downloading at the same time.. that's why its noticeable haha)

#26 toxic025

toxic025

Haterz!Online

• Senpai
  • 8026 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 07:11 PM

whoops it says update not collect pics. but still a good idea tho.

but the friends thing doesn't fly with me. but it does bring in revenue to run the site so cant complain

racequeen.jpg

#27 toxic025

toxic025

Haterz!Online

• Senpai
  • 8026 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 07:38 PM

when I'm looking at peoples profiles the tabs are gone.

racequeen.jpg

#28 ReiNa.than

ReiNa.than

♥田中れいな♥

• Senpai
  • 1295 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 08:06 PM

I was surprised. I have't noticed anything drastically different, so it's alright.
Follow me ~@LinkFlames

#29 CowSuitGirl

CowSuitGirl

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2036 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 08:18 PM

It's... ok I guess. :good: Now it's more than just a forum. It's everything. :w00t:

#30 fin179

fin179

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 204 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 08:43 PM

Sorry, but I don't really see any differences apart from the picboard and friends tab which are'nt really that amazing(to me), but it's all good :w00t: , as long I can keep posting this is the best website in the world! :good:

#31 Shakey_Jake33

Shakey_Jake33

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1235 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 10:12 PM

Am I right in saying that the 'friends' section is not directly related to the site, but is a third party thing?

#32 Klokken

Klokken

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 10:13 PM

Where's the pics? That was my first reaction... Then I noticed the Hello!Online Friends thing and realized it was something new, which led me to take a look at the top of the page, and I noticed the Picboard and Friends tabs. It'll take a while to get used to, but I guess this way it loads faster. *shrugs*

But I really like the optional views in the picboard. :wub:

#33 DarkL1ghT

DarkL1ghT

新垣さんの声、大好き!

• Senpai
  • 1047 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 10:28 PM

Hey, not bad although the front page being text only is a bit boring. I kinda liked the pictures of the picboard in the front page as it saves me having to click on the picboard tab to check the new pics everytime I come here. Also, I find that sometimes, some of the fonts on the tabs are a bit squished. Think I used the attachment system to attach a pic of that.

Attached Files

Posted Image
All hail the Blue GAKINI! ^□ ^

#34 pige

pige

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 259 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 10:48 PM

I like the new design, but the front page is a little cluttered imo. Too many lists and spearators...

I'd agree with that. The front page really feels compressed/busy? I don't know, harder to digest I guess.
It doesn't need all that white space on the sides, but could use more pics to break up the text. Advertising is a necessary evil, but the Friends integration is a bit off putting(I hope your making a ton of money off it). It would be nice if it could be labeled as a separate entity/advertiser.

Everythings at least a little different...It's a lot to do at one time, maybe to much.

#35 jabigjabig

jabigjabig

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 672 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 11:00 PM

The front page is look better but I'm agree with @DarkL1ghT about pictures of the picboard in the front page. For me, it'll be better when I come to front page and see H!P member's pics not Hello Online Friends pics, it shouldn't be there. :P

I use Firefox and have no problem so far. :wub:
Posted Image

#36 finch

finch

Addict

• Senpai
  • 996 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 11:00 PM

Picboard descriptions are squished in the latest Firefox 3 build.
Screenshot

#37 Shakey_Jake33

Shakey_Jake33

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1235 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 11:08 PM

I recognise the necessity of advertising, especially on a website such as this which probably has greater traffic than most JPop websites around, so I have no fundamental objection to the 'friends' stuff, and it certain fits in with the site's design much better than some nasty ad banners would, which would tarnish the highly polished, orderly look of the site in general. I think I am concerned that some people will mistake the 'Friends' thing as directly a part of H!O, rather than the (necessary and preferable) advertising revenue that it is. Hopefully people will become aware of this.

Focusing in the positives though, the Picboard is great and will probably become my first stop when I visit the site, the front page is tidier and easier to read, it's generally a winner in my eyes.

#38 Whiteshade

Whiteshade

.:Destiny Hacker:.

• Kouhai
  • 532 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 11:14 PM

I just checked out Hello! Online Friends lol. It's pretty easy to figure out that it's NOT directly related to H!O. It looks and acts like a standard personals site. Plus, you can easily recognize that the members there aren't actually members on H!O.<3
Posted Image
Bringing back the flag.

#39 GordieHowe

GordieHowe

sötpotatis <3

• Banned
  • 2643 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 11:41 PM

When reading some of the blogs, using FireFox.

Posted Image

And when using IE7.

Posted Image

#40 Klokken

Klokken

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 11:53 PM

i think this is something that should be fixed:
http://www.hello-onl......12 (2008.02)

Basically the screenshots for the torrents are really not placed right, and seem to look out of line. I think it should be fixed.

The same happens with my browser, and I'm using Opera. Although, it allows me to 'force' the content to fit into my screen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users